Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--in Volkerball's defense you have been one of the loudest 'don't draft running backs high' guys unless I'm mixing you up with someone else

There are other OU players at the combine, aside from coaches you can talk to a running back who sat in every meeting with the guy and probably knew him pretty well. There's not a lack of people to talk to about Mixon. As for the rest, oh no you might have to attend a pro day and set up a meeting to talk to the guy.

Also, ew of course, but his complaints don't make a lot of sense aside from convenience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Oh hai it's me.

Oh you're definitely the loudest, I just think Chir has been pretty outspoken about that too.

quote:

e: a 5th round rookie RB made the pro-bowl

Oh, a pro bowl (replacement) nod?! Amazing! Howard should have gone in ahead of Freeman on the original vote anyway

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
More like he painted himself into a corner with his gimmick and couldn't figure a way out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wonder why Kirk Cousins doesn't want to sign for less than a billion dollars with that organization?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bad Moon posted:

Wasn't McCloughan good? Lol what happened?

Either addiction is a hell of a thing, or Dan Snyder is a hell of a thing. We don't really know for sure which it is.

It could be both.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean if your bionic kicker is so awesome at field goals he's probably pretty good at pop up kicks that land somewhere inside the 5 to slow down the other team's return game as well. Or if yours isn't, my top 10 kicker pick would be. You probably can't pin them inside the 10 very often, but inside the 20 is pretty doable off a kickoff.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders don't draft or sign players who hit women

Or cut them if they only had longs records of being jackasses before hitting women, so far.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

I googled Charlotte Jones and was not disappointed :quagmire:

Google apparently knows my NFL searching habits too well, I just get a bunch of pictures of the Charlotte Jones we're talking about.

Unless that's you're thing. Which, hey, cool, she's doing alright for 50.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

I'm not sure he wasn't a good head coach.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't a good head coach for that particular situation.

What a good head coach for that situation would look like is another question.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Excuse me I think you'll find that Glennon completed 90% of his passes last year and threw a TD nearly once every 10 attempts!

To be fair to him if you were so inclined you could imagine things to hope for after his rookie year. He got screwed over by the regime change and Lovie wanting no part of him, then after that year it just happened that there was a legit #1 prospect at QB when they had the top pick. So yeah he's not sitting behind a hall of famer, but he's sitting behind the current front office's guy who has looked pretty good and given them no reason to give Glennon another chance.

Having said that I wouldn't want any part of him if my team needed a quarterback (or if my team needed a quarterback more than it already does).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Jesus Christ everyone was bagging on the Bucs for benching him when they did and now he's Christian Ponder 2.0

This isn't the way I remember it, they were bagging on the Bucs specifically for benching him for a McCown rather than actually believing he had any sort of future.

So, uh, yeah I'd rather have him than either McCown brother if that's the bar you're setting.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

If 2 teams offer him Flynn contracts then one team will have to up their offer to an Osweiler contract.

I feel like there might be some middle ground between 8 million guaranteed and 37 million guaranteed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheChirurgeon posted:

It was certainly the most exciting game of Thursday Night Football played last season

Was the Raiders Texans game in Mexico City on TNF? That was a pretty exciting (and annoying) game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Azhais posted:

Rumors floating about that Samantha Ponder could be taking over for Chris Berman

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/03/05/espn-sunday-nfl-countdown-replacement-chris-berman-sam-ponder

Does this mean she's leaving college gameday? Because I'd rather have her there interviewing drunk fans and stuff.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

IcePhoenix posted:

Does anyone have the link to the steak post handy? It came up in a conversation with a friend and he wants to see it.

It's a damned shame he got rid of that avatar so soon, I still laugh thinking about it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alcoholism ages you fast, between the Seahawks and Redskins pics it isn't unbelievable that he's on the wagon. That last one he does have a pretty red face but that could just be from dealing with Dan Snyder regularly.

Yeah he's probably in the middle of a 3 month bender.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

He's probably on the T8-8int.

Since I did the opposite earlier today, we should Cheer this man.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Demetrius Harris (underwhelming Chiefs backup TE) has been busted for felony possession of the devil weed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tebow's the DH, I wanted to see him boot some balls in the field :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Sad we couldn't make a trade work, but this will ultimately be better for our cap situation if he's designated a June 1 cut. Godspeed, Tony

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/839552309248069634

Can you cut a guy now and just designate him as a June 1 cut?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Yes, but you don't get to use the cap space until June 1 I think

It's pretty much a do-right thing so the player can find a new team before all the FA money has been spent

Huh cool, I didn't know that. For once the NFL CBA has something nice in it for the players.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

To recap Tebows game, he went 0/3, struck out looking twice, grounded into a double play with bases loaded and nobody out, was walked after being hit by pitch but then was doubled up on first when he lead off too far and couldn't get back to the base in time.

He's starting in the outfield on Friday!

He got a standing ovation for this. A run scored so it must have been good!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Bet you he's willing to bench Tyrod too.

Edit

Wait a minute. Isn't he the youngest HC ever too?

Isn't the Rams guy who's name I haven't bothered to remember yet the youngest HC ever?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

looks like he was just a passenger

Yeah reading the article he was just a passenger. They arrested one of the other passengers (not the driver) for public drunkeness so I'd imagine they were looking for a reason to bust everyone if they could find it.

Not that Aldon deserves any benefit of the doubt at this point I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

He's losing roster/workout bonuses, right?

According to Spotrac he's not due a roster Bonus until 2019 (which he'll never see), and has no workout bonuses in his contract.

I could maybe see the NFLPA disliking the Browns artificially raising their cap for a player they have no intention of using, but as long as the actual money to be paid out is still paid I can't see them getting too up in arms about things.

e: Also his 2017 salary is fully guaranteed. As far as I can tell if Brock is cut today he makes just as much money as he would if he played football this year.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 9, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
NFL Network host just plugged Tom Brady's snake oil and claimed she wasn't worried about him as a 40 year old quarterback because she felt great after trying it.

Nothing like good, quality broadcasting about this free agency period.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Those two first-rounders turned out to be Knowshon Moreno and Robert Ayers, who are both no longer with the Broncos :shepface:

E: Wait, we had our own first-rounder as well but I forgot what we did with it

It was over a couple of years so your own first was spent on Moreno. I think you traded back a couple of times in 2010 and I can't figure out how to look up what draft picks you accumulated for those trades, but Demaryius Thomas and Tebow were your first round picks that year. You also picked up Eric Decker in the third which I'd imagine might have come back from one of those trades.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheChirurgeon posted:

To his credit, they were still able to win a Super Bowl after that without a coach

Barry Switzer was a hall of fame coach!

In college, for his work in the 70s and 80s running the Wishbone. But still, a legit, for real, football coach!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Hmm the 2012 draft, I don't remember who the Raiders draf-

Round 1: No. 17: Oakland → Cincinnati (PD). Oakland traded this selection and their 2013 second-round selection (37th) to Cincinnati for quarterback Carson Palmer. The 2013 selection would have become Oakland's first-rounder if Oakland had made it to the 2012–13 AFC Championship game.

Round 2: No. 48: Oakland → New England (PD). Oakland traded this selection and a 2011 seventh-round selection (No. 219, New England selected Malcolm Williams) to New England for New England's third- and fourth-round selections in 2011 (Nos. 92 and 125, Oakland selected Joseph Barksdale and Taiwan Jones, respectively).

Round 3: Oakland forfeited its third-round selection after selecting quarterback Terrelle Pryor in the 2011 Supplemental Draft.

Round 4: No. 109: Oakland → Washington (PD). Oakland traded this selection to Washington for quarterback Jason Campbell

:stonk:

Hey now, you got Tony Bergstrom as a comp pick in the third (how did the 2012 Raiders get a 3rd round comp pick?).

Wait, and a 4th and 5th round comp pick? Who did you all let go in 2011?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like to imagine this really pisses Mel Kiper off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is this the one he punched in the ear or another woman? If the latter, lol at marrying Manziel after not even a year.

edit: even with the amount of makeup, this lady is way way way out of Manziel's league and will divorce him the moment it becomes clear that Johnny Football is never making it back into the NFL

Different girl.

JFF still has all that money from his outlaw bloodlines though, she might stick around.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Ted Ginn is like a giant slayer. He pooped on Revis a few times, too.

Stevie Johnson giving prime Revis fits was pretty good too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sataere posted:

To be fair, those KC numbers are skewed by Hill, I imagine. Just breaking one screen for a TD has to boost that YPA a lot.

Assuming it includes WR/TE screens Kelce is the best or at least one of the best YAC TEs in the league.

I wonder what the league average yards per play is on screens?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diqnol posted:

Given that the Raiders let Murray walk, is their plan to run with Taiwan Jones and that FB or does that mean RB in the draft?

It's a pretty deep RB draft, they'll probably draft one but it doesn't have to be early.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

I often wonder how many lives Tebow saved when he was assigned to keep Hernandez out of trouble in Gainesville

I mean if it isn't more than 3 it didn't work out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Speaking of, the guy who Aaron Hernandez SHOT POINT BLANK IN THE FACE testified today, so that was fun.

Bradley was also Hernandez's weed dealer in college.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fractured-friendship-of-aaron-hernandez-and-a-gangster-played-out-in-bone-chilling-court-scene-012208774.html

How many goddamned times has this dude been shot?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

big money big clit posted:

Kaep has a lot of drops because he rifles every ball at 110 mph whether the receiver is 50 yards away or 5.

Sounds like his receivers should learn to catch imo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

big money big clit posted:

Remember when Randy Moss tried to catch a pass from Kaepernick and ended up with a dislocated finger?

Torry Holt would tell Randy to man up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Rg3 didn't fail because his system doesn't work he failed because his knee got destroyed making it impossible for him to do his system.

More than this he just became a headcase later on. Insert that picture of 5 receivers being open here and imagine rookie RG3 not throwing to one of the deep guys.

Whether that's his dad's fault, or Snyder, or Shanahan after he started his campaign against RG3, or whatever I have no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

Luck is too cool for the Chargers, like one Elijah Manning.

That's Elisha to you.

• Locked thread