Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

quote:

The NFC East teams have combined to be the most successful division in the NFL since the 1970 NFL merger with 21 NFC Championship wins and 13 Super Bowl victories, the highest marks of any division in the NFL.

The nfc east teams may be a bunch of clowns, but by god they get results.

They are basically Leslie Nielson from Naked Gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Strange aeons indeed for Uwe Boll to be elevated to "hero we deserve."

You either die a villain, or you live long enough to become the hero

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Railing Kill posted:

I appreciated this reference, as I am the kind of weirdo whose mental association to reading "Mogwai" is the band first, then The Jungle Book, then Gremlins.

That said, I want to watch Gremlins 2 really badly since I recently listened to Chapo's deep dive/interview with the director.

I rewatched it a few weeks ago, it's on HBOMax if you have it.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Indecisive posted:

I never understood the panic about nunchuks, like, what is it about sticking a chain on some wood that makes it SUCH a more dangerous weapon than a knife or a sword

I think there's an element of xenophobia to it.

"This foreign weapon will make our children violent, not like the swords we pretended to wield in our youth."

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

A Moose posted:

Anyone have those weird workplace harassment training slides where a woman is bullying an Italian guy for not having a big enough lunch? I need dumb work training slides and I think I saw them in this thread but it was a couple weeks ago

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Abongination posted:

Geese can break your bones with a flap of their wings, no joke.

I've heard that, but wouldn't the application of a force that could break adult human bones also shatter all of the goose's hollow bones in its wings?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Nygma balls

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

I heard north korea sent every general into the execution arena and executed every general in the arena and then they had to close the arena.

They closed the arena?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

I'm laughing like an idiot at this

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Season 3's actually pretty decent if you've not seen it. Season 2 is very much just spinning its wheels getting things in place for Season 3 though.

Yeah season 3 is a really nice change of direction. Season 2 is boring as hell in addition to having no identity of its own.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

DontMockMySmock posted:

I find it weirdly unsettling to cut off an animal's head and then put headwear on its severed neck. We humans already control their life and death; we don't need to mock them afterwards.

Actually this honors the chicken. You fool. You moron.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Phy posted:

There's that bit in the special features on the LOTR DVDs where Peter Jackson talks about Christopher Lee having to correct him on the sound somebody makes when you stab them in the lungs from the back

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Does anyone else look at this image and ONLY see the airbrush carnival ride art or is that just me

I share your affliction

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Rascar Capac posted:

Classics has an expanding remit, to the extent that it's probably going to be called "Ancient World Studies" before too long.

"Benefits... of an Ancient World Studies education."

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Rascar Capac posted:

What I am saying, Heinrich Schliemann, is that that is the stupidest goddam thing I have ever heard.

Scientists of the early 1800's agree with you.

During the 1820s, English geologist William Buckland conducted an experiment to see how long a toad could remain alive while encased in stone. He placed toads of different sizes and ages into carved chambers within limestone and sandstone blocks sealed with glass covers, then buried the blocks in his garden. A year later, he dug up the blocks and found that most of the toads were dead and decayed. A few toads that had been in the porous limestone were still living, but the glass had developed cracks which Buckland believed may have admitted small insects. However, Buckland found them all dead after reburying them in the limestone for another year. Buckland concluded that toads could not survive inside rock for extreme lengths of time, and determined that reports of the entombed animal phenomenon were mistaken. Most scientists agreed.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Well, obviously with the invention of electric lighting, there's fewer and fewer shadows for them to hide in. They may even be endangered, but it's hard to check.

Actually I think you'll find that more lights mean more shadows

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Disco Pope posted:

This isn't a Michael Jackson demon it's actually Nightcrawler from Marvel's the "The X-Men"

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

mrpwase posted:

Wait

How are you pronouncing helping

"helping"

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

SEAL team 6 got radicalized by their Bin Laden dolls turning into the guy from the Insidious movies

Many people are saying!

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Not much, what's snoop with you?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

BaronVonVaderham posted:

"Started sucking", because two teenagers influencing global politics via proto-facbook was a masterpiece.

Did everyone forget that reality tv and Twitter star Donald J. Trump became president of the United States of America?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

You’ve never seen Tron?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I don't understand it either but I would hate for you to feel left out.

It looks like batman is upset because flash is dead or wounded. He asks Superman where he was. We see that superman had apparently stopped on his way to the fight because his super ears picked up the knee taps given by a man to his dog to indicate it is ok to eat the spilled food and superman entered the home and ate the spilled food himself (like a dog).

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Chitin posted:

I don't know what this person does, but like... You're aware that post WWII Japan is basically protected by the US and in return they have almost no military, right? We have bases there, "American who doesn't speak much Japanese living in Japan" is an extremely normal thing to be.

Also, "fluent in a nation's language" is a SUPER high and weird bar to go live in a place. Enclaves of European retirees in low cost of living countries not doing anything to integrate is weird and gross, sure - but it's not a crime and is in fact cool and good and mutually beneficial to go live in another culture for a while.

Japan has the 4th most powerful navy in the world

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Why “in all likelihood divorce again”? Is there some marriage gland that is damaged by divorce and therefore more likely to cause a divorce in the future?

I know a lot of people who got married pretty young, got divorced when they and their partner finished growing up, and then married again knowing themselves better and are perfectly happy. What ill fate awaits them because of their previous marriage?

(I do agree that people who get divorced are more likely to go on and have more marriages than people who stay married, though!)

According to a quick Google search, more than 60% of second marriages end in divorce

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

do not taunt sol coastal the beach behemoth giant inflatable 12 foot pole-to-pole beach ball

deep cut

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Thaddius the Large posted:

Lol, literally did the same thing, got past the intro, ran off into the wilderness and never looked back, didn’t go to Whiterun for at least a couple dozen hours

That's actually the correct way to play oblivion. If you never go to Kvatch, no oblivion gates ever appear.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

True Dork Souls starts here

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what's the air lion, then

Well you've got American, United, Southwest,

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Kit Walker posted:

I feel like this is really stretching the definition of sexual harassment

I'm pretty sure if it was any other context than gross dudes at a MtG meetup the sexual harrasment would be much more apparent

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Lol thank you

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

No one's legs are ok

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

HPanda posted:

This is the only acceptable reboot of Barney the Dinosaur and I think we all need this.

Sorry, I don't think it's the one you're getting

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

lol

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

That's it, close the forums

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Breetai posted:

What is this vintage JoJo-rear end bullshit I found on a friend's wall?

Lol

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Boo this man

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Paladinus posted:

It's so stupid. The way to go is to say that outside of lunch hours, there's a 10% discount on selected items and combos, while increasing the price across the board.

That is absolutely what will be happening. They've already had to do damage control and say they won't dynamically raise prices, so that means the only alternative is an overall price increase with dynamic "discounts".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Lobok posted:

Could employees use this to mess with customers? Like "Ok, just the small vanilla Frappuccino, that'll be $5. [Customer tries to hand over a five-dollar bill] Ooohhh, sorry, it's actually just gone up to $5.01."

I'm sure employees will do everything in their power to increase their chances of being assaulted