Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just got an email from Best Buy saying my Switch has been delayed until next week after telling me it was going to come tomorrow.:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Grimes posted:

Careful sliding the switch in the dock, I guess, or get a screen protector. Why did they make the screen plastic?

WTF. Now I have to be absurdly careful each time I want to play on the TV.

Feenix posted:

I will tell you. I'm excited that Zelda is so good, apparently... but as someone who has not owned nor played a Nintendo, really, since the SuperNES days, and as a dad of small kids... I'm pretty amped for Mario Kart.

You're in for a treat. Vanilla Mario Kart 8 was already the best Mario Kart.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It really impressed me that putting it in the dock automatically turns on my tv while pulling it out automatically turns it off. I didn't know about that feature.:wow:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What's the recommended Switch case? I want to take this thing out of the house.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love that I can put games into sleep mode at any time and jump right back into them right away.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR63I6F/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

I bought this because it seemed small and basic. I needed something to throw in my work bag but not junk up the rest of my stuff.
It'll be here soon. I'll report back.

Can you comfortably put a usb cord and some games in it? I'll probably go with this one since the official one seems to be sold out everywhere.

I bought a pro controller but I'll probably sell it on eBay or return it since I don't really have a need for one yet and snapping the joy cons in and out is half the fun. I'll wait until games that pretty much require a dpad come out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

Ehhh, it seems like it is just for the main unit. You'd be tossing it in a backpack or something right? Like you wouldn't just be carrying around that case by itself?

I went for it since I won't be going mobile without my work bag and almost all my non-Zelda games will be digital.

Yeah. I don't mind just throwing the cable in something else since if I was taking it somewhere where I'd play handheld for more than 3 hours, I'd probably have another bag anyway. I'll go with this one. Hori is quality.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How's Nintendo's official case? Place down the street seems to have one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Beastie posted:

I hate when the Blood Moon comes and those stories sound frustrating but I guess the developers succeeded in making us fear a game mechanic.

I like the mechanic but I'm surprised you can't skip the cutscene when the game is really good about letting you skipping most repetitive cutscenes otherwise.

I just defeated the Lynel near Zora's Domain and I had to use almost everything I had to kill him and than the Blood Moon rose literally right after I killed him.:laugh: It's cool to finally see them in a 3D Zelda. They used to scare the poo poo out of me in Zelda 1 and LTTP. The redesign looks rad as gently caress as well.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 9, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You can skip it. I believe either A or B will bring up the Skip button prompt.

Oh good. I just figured since the skip prompt is usually already in the corner of the screen.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tried a friend's pro controller and it's so nice and pairs to PC easily without a dongle like the Wii U needed. I still think I'll wait until a dpad heavy game like Mario Maker comes though. $70 is a little nuts even with the motion stuff inside.

parallelodad posted:

The entire aesthetic and style of Binding of Isaac, I just find so off-putting I've never had any desire to play it. I wish that company could make a game not about bloody poop bible fetuses.

Check out Enter The Gungeon. I think it's coming to Switch soon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chaleski posted:

Mother of God MK8 Deluxe looks incredible, I think that might be the tipping point for me getting a Switch

As someone that already put a ridiculous amount of time into vanilla MK8, it will be well worth it and I can't wait to put all that time into Deluxe again.:)

Wiltsghost posted:

Highly recommend the switch pro controller. This thing is comfortable.

Agree but is it just me or does anyone else think it has ridiculously large face buttons? They're comfortable though and I love how simple it is to connect it to a pc.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How does grabbing stuff from a different region work? Can I switch my account to grab a demo and switch back or do I need to make a new account?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The battle mode in Deluxe looks better than I expected with all those modes. Renegade Roundup looks like it'll be fun as gently caress.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kashuno posted:

Seiken Densetsu games coming to Switch fuckin owns.

I know it's not coming to Switch but was that second Final Fantasy Adventure remake any good? Better than god awful Sword of Mana?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Who cares about warranty when it would probably be up by the time you would need to replace the battery anyway. If it isn't, then just have Nintendo replace it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

shortspecialbus posted:

Is the Switch Pro controller worthwhile if I can find one?

Yes, especially if you're interesting in using it as a PC controller too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fast RMX is really good and you should all get it since it's only $20.

It's super impressive, especially for a launch indie title.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It really is a great arcade racer. Right down to the announcer being perfect too. This would be in a cabinet with big speakers, a rumbling seat, and lots of pulsing neon. When you get your first full bar boost uninterrupted and just go it gives an amazing sense of speed

Fun fact: It has the same announcer as F-Zero GX.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

What should I get next fam, Voez or Binding of Isaac. I have like every other game already except Setusna since I have no interest in it

Isaac. It's an amazing game with literally over 1000 hours of gameplay.

It has a really hosed up theme though so make sure that doesn't bother you first.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Phantom Pain and now Breath of the Wild are the only good open world games imo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Wii U was a good system with many great games that I hope get ported to the Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EpicNemesis posted:

I was disappointed with Fast RMX but that might be because I suck at it and can't be assed to learn it when zelda exists. Beating Zelda this weekend and now I'm deciding if its worth breaking into it more or just buying shovel knights since I have yet to play it (or really have any idea what the game plays like, I just know everyone loves it).

Shovel Knight plays kinda like a combination of Mega Man and Castlevania but without feeling a ripoff of either. It's a fantastic game that captures the spirit of the best parts of 8bit platformers in general.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Even though those pro controllers are fake (I'd hope nintendo would add more color to them than just that center piece), people are going to make shells for them, so just swap them yourself. I saw "The Curious Consumer" youtube vid where he took one apart and swapped the d-pad and analog stick domes for those magnetic swappable Xbox Elite controller ones so he could swap between a dpad and thumbpad. Looked easy enough to break down and put back together.

Why would anyone replace the good dpad with a bad dpad? It's pretty much the best reason to even get a pro controller.:lol:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can we group with friends for the testfire?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Deltron 3030 posted:

You know how Zelda alone is worth buying a Switch? I'm pretty sure Splatoon 2 will fit that mold.

The original was easily my favorite WiiU game, and now they'll have had a couple years for more pimp levels, multiplayer modes, guns, clothes, and all with better graphics.

Should be fresh as gently caress.

:yeah:

It's easily my favorite multiplayer shooter in a long rear end time and I hope more people that missed out on Wii U get to try it. Just Zelda, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey alone is a better first year than I could remember for any other system. I don't know why the Switch is getting, seemingly, more criticism for that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

parallelodad posted:

How does that work with so little communication? Do they post on Miiverse that someone sucks?

They post creepy art on tumblr.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo, Zelda is actually good and I'm going to spend forever in this poo poo.

I've got over 60 hours in and the game is still surprising me. It's so good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

shovelbum posted:

Found Zelda at the Gamestop, I basically got out of there as fast as I could, Shovel Knight is digital only right

It is right now but I wouldn't be surprised to see a physical release since it got one on other platforms.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

romanowski posted:

people who don't like gyro aiming are wrong and should feel embarrassed about themselves

I didn't like gyro at first in Splatoon 1 but once you get used to it, it makes every other duel stick shooter control scheme feel like poo poo.

The key, for me at least, is to make broad movements with the second stick for and use the motion precise aiming.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 24, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm gonna play again tonight and I will enjoy it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Takoluka posted:

What? I'm pretty sure both axes are active, because I had no issue moving with the right stick with gyro on.

You can't move up and down with the stick when gyro is on. It's weird but I got used to it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If Splatoon 2's campaign is anything like 1s than I would suggest playing the campaign with gyro. It taught me on 1 and made me realize my motion control criticism was wrong.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The Wii U was a good system with unrealized potential

Even though it's dead, it still has a better library of exclusives than the PS4 and X1 combined.

Plus you can play Wii and GameCube (with hacking) games on it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm playing Zelda as I wait. Holy gently caress this map is huge and this game owns.

I'm going through some older areas again before I set off on my 3rd divine beast and holy poo poo there's so much I've missed. I love how they somehow gave the game a open air barren tone while having a really dense world at the same time

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There's no auto aim unlike most console shooters so I could see dual analog only players still having some issues.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quidthulhu posted:

Is this the only game mode for retail, or will there be more?

Ranked in Splatoon 1 had three more modes and I liked them all more than turf war. poo poo gets intense.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ethanol posted:

I dunno if I wanna pay full price for it

It'll probably have an amazing campaign like 1 did. 1's was like Mario Galaxy with guns.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tried playing Zelda and Splatoon with separated joy cons today and it's weird and awkward to me. Not sure I'll get used to it but I love having the option.:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nerdrock posted:

goddamnit my first foray into splatoon 2 has made me dig out the wiiu and finally buy the original. I am weak.

You made the right choice. Make sure to play through the single player.:thumbsup:

• Locked thread