Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

RIP Oolong. Gone but never forgotten. ❤️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/taeminfan69/status/1305977965000429570?s=20

I really hope Yoko Taro has seen it.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Oh poo poo, Farmer Louis CK got GOT!

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Cyclists want to be respected by people who drive cars like they're pedaling around a real vehicle, but they also want to run stop signs and go up on the sidewalk and go the wrong way down one ways. Discuss.

My bingo card is filled out and I'm ready for the derail. If anyone else wants to play/add, here's what I have so far:

"I'm a cyclist myself"
"They don't even pay reggo"
Mention of scofflaw wheelie kids
That one Casey Neistat video
"Road tax"
Something something traffic violations (free space)
Lance Armstrong/TdF joke
"Just go to the park ffs"
License and insurance
Inevitable derail about helmets
Condemnation of lycra/spandex
"Roads were made for cars"

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

No it's different. Cars run stop signs and traffic signals because drivers are lovely and/or lazy. They understand when they get pulled over that they made a decision and it has consequences. Cyclists argue that the very nature of their mode of transportation means that they don't have to abide by stop signs and traffic signals. But they still expect to be treated on an equal footing as other vehicles in every area that doesn't slightly inconvenience them.

Your step-dad rides bikes, huh?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

ChubbyChecker posted:

anime is bad

Okay yeah but Berserk is the poo poo and I'm now I'm double sad because I also got got by the meme thread.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Robin Williams posted:

Wow, whats going on with this guys pants.

They're obviously Zubamorphs.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

and friend of mine had never seen the Fensler films and we were loving crying by the end

I showed people this in the pre-youtube days and had to reload it a couple times just for the animation and sound to sync:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR7wOGyAzpw

Twenty loving years later and the cutaway to the cook still absolutely slays me.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1333168114062807043?s=20

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Alec Baldwin's killed a woman.

Yeah, but it was an accident. Robert Plant sounds like a Muppet with his balls stuck in a deli slicer on purpose.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

That’s not a sandwich it’s a hot dog

Don't you dare try to derail this derail!

(a hotdog is a sandwich, though)

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Rip Nelson Mandela :(

Always the meme thread. I hate you guys.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

bike tory posted:

loving CRAMY HARB and CURBES LURB still living rent free in my head. That poo poo was like 7 years ago.

I will never not laugh at this.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

When it snows in the US, especially in Southern states, everyone and their mother descend upon their local grocery stores in a rabid frenzy to buy every last ounce of milk and crumb of bread in the area. I guess none of them had the foresight to keep a box of pasta in the pantry or some chicken in the freezer or whatever the last 400 times it snowed. I've always referred to it as "idiots stocking up on milk sandwiches", but I appreciate this daring culinary deconstruction.

Modal Auxiliary has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Jan 16, 2022

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

gently caress yeah.

Hell yeah.

Apologies to the losers and haters, but you're bad at video games and life.

Really hope they get that exploit sorted out by launch or it might not be the month of Elden Ring. :ohdear:

Modal Auxiliary has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Feb 4, 2022

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

BonHair posted:

Agreed. More Silmarillion memes please. I will accept Earthsea memes and Bible memes as well.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

In a lot of ways this dead gay comedy forum has come a long way: we're more tolerant, more inclusive, and far more patient with one another across the board. But I'll be damned if almost 20 years later a single mention of LotR or Taco Bell doesn't still bring everything to a screeching, contentless halt. Have some Elden Ring memes and shut about about orcs and tacos you goddamn geek-rear end nerds.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

There's been some benefits Hawkins played in the past for some "autism" group which is probably linked to anti-vax. But then again the Foo Fighters were playing Vax only shows and getting protested by anti-vaxxers. So googling makes it hard to find out exactly.

No way it was COVID. My money is on OD.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I have no children of my own, but I imagine the powerful mixture of pride and shame I'm feeling right now is very familiar to most parents.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

One friend of mine owned a PT Cruiser. It seemed like it should've been roomier than advertised.

He now owns an early-gen Honda Insight. I guess he has a flair for weird-rear end cars.

I had to rent one once. Cramped as poo poo, rode like trash, and the visibility was garbage. The only vehicle I've ever driven that was worse by the same metrics was a Chevy HHR. Absolute affront to all that is decent and good. Barf.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

`Nemesis posted:

just supposed to be exposing Jason Aldean's racist beliefs - his new music video and song were pretty clear about how he feels

it's certainly not a funny meme, was not intended to be

He had four co-writers credited on the song and at no point were any of them like "hey maybe we should rethink the race war line" lol. They knew exactly what they were doing. Dude's gonna make bank off his existing demo and probably get a lot of new fans along the way. Nashville country is a loving plague.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: Seriouspost: I pretty much gave up on færytale novel serieses after the huge disappointment of finishing the fifth and "final" Belgarion novel as a kid, and it ended with "read the next five books to find out what happens lol!". Only books I got mad enough at to just sell them.

Seriously read Joe Abercrombie and Mark Lawrence. Most of their series end in three books and they're absolutely packed with character-driven conflict and growth instead of self-fellating world building for thousands of pages (and as a nice bonus, the world building they do is tight, concise, and really serves the story). I struggled to get into fantasy my entire adult life and these guys were the antidote for me. Joe Abercrombie in particular is like fantasy for people who hate fantasy.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I will never not watch this.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

I posted this good boy in the cute thread and was informed that yes, he falls under ACAB.

https://i.imgur.com/JQgXUU3.mp4

ACAB is always superseded by ADAGB, you're good.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

teen witch posted:

Tell me more about stripping hexes

It almost always involves a human sacrifice unfortunately, sorry if you though you were getting out of this one with clean hands.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Cocaine Bear posted:

Bodies Bodies Bodies has something similar going on. That movie rules.

Just watched this last night and even though the twist is pretty obvious it plays out SO perfectly, and it's a real joy to see everything come together. As an old fart some of the social commentary absolutely slayed me, too. Definitely second the recommendation.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Hate life? That's kind of a strong way of putting it but I do eat at Arby's so basically yeah you got me pegged.

This internet game is crazy.

Don't listen to that coward, Arby's is practically the top rung of the fast food ladder. Their market fresh sandwiches are legit dope and their curly fries are always quality.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

We had all of those in PA

I don’t knew where PE is

We had all that poo poo in PA too. Things were just wilder back in the 80's/early 90's with what you could do in school. In third grade my art teacher let us do linoleum carvings under the stipulation that we not narc on him if we accidentally stabbed ourselves. A few of us naturally stabbed ourselves (me included) nobody snitched, and I made a dope-rear end bird print. He also let us use spray paint sometimes, which we got to pull straight out of boxes in the back of his rusty panel van. I ran into him like 20+ years later while working at an art supply store and he was still the dopest motherfucker in town. Shoutout to Mr. Siebert, you were a true king among men.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Beeswax posted:

So am I getting this right - not content with showcasing how dull they are by discussing American food brands ad nauseam instead of posting memes in the meme thread, people are now resorting to talking about the weather? I know goons are old but come on.

Yeah, this is bullshit. Where's the seasonal allergy talk? My allergies are worse now than they were in previous years WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR ALL OF US?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

BonHair posted:

Actually, grass is the loving worst thing, so it dying is good.

Actually grass is dope, it's lawns that are loving stupid.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

lobsterminator posted:

This reminds me of how ages ago people would share their Winamp EQ settings for the perfect sound and they were always some over the top hosed up boost/cut combos that had no chance of sounding good.

Oh, look at Mr. "I don't bury my mids and crank my bass to +11 db" over here.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

I put the wrong artists in song filenames
While the people who torrent are going insane
I'm an rear end in a top hat

My roommate freshman year replaced his entire public Soulseek directory with intentionally mislabeled, low-bit rate copies of "Seven Nation Army." He also bootlocked our friends PC to a tubgirl splash screen and wouldn't change it until he agreed to play Team Fortress classic with us on the campus LAN.

I hope you enjoyed this snapshot of an era.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Indecisive posted:

what kind of absolute clowns are out there manually typing out filenames for their songs in the first place. i refuse to believe any of you have done of this (ok maybe one of you)

It was me, I was the guy with the immaculately meta-tagged and filenamed Foobar2k playlists. Sorry you're a godless animal who leaves all your media in a giant digital heap.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

This will always be my favorite demon core meme:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Killingyouguy! posted:

What the hell is any of this

It's okay grandad, they're just memes. Let's watch Columbo instead.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

The Demilich posted:

Columbo is way better than whatever the hell that was.

Yeah, that was my battle to lose. Peter Falk fuckin rules.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

FreudianSlippers posted:

Main difference was that Afroman didn't open up a chain restaurant to cash in.

That and the fact that Jimmy Buffet never laid anybody the gently caress out for rushing the stage.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Nu-metal is back and it's exactly as dumb as you remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Love those Corridor boys.