Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Make Thorn Great Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

I have watched some of the pvp videos, but I can't figure out the "dual primary" weapon types. Do any video have a good shot of the weapon types? It is kinetic, energy and power I know, but are certain types limited to a slot?

A scout or pulse paired with a fast firing hand canon could be a fun load out. Pair with a shotgun or sniper as a power weapon depending on the map or game type could lead to some fun builds. It does remind me of halo, auto rifle/pistol starting load out. The increased TTK seems to me like they took the super nerf approach to all the weapons, and now they have room to adjust up or down without completely ruining the intended TTK.

While I like the mobility in Destiny, the movement changes make a lot of sense since skating shotgun jugs or constant shade stepping night stalkers were so aids.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

6 people running hard light playing rift is fun. Lazer light show all pointed at a central point, everybody shooting from different angles. I ran into it on Frontier, and I laughed pretty hard as my team mates ran into the seizure inducing maelstrom of death.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Same. Got my bounties on one character and I'm done. gently caress that game mode

I got wrecked solo running on Tuesday, but SBMM must of had pity on me because I was matched against a bunch of window licking mouth breathers last night. I went from all palidrome/ice breaker/quillums on Tuesday to random weapon loadouts last night. Still, nice to be done already, no interest in running my other characters.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

I love how the new big bad guy looks like a gigantic grunt. I hope his head bursts into confetti when I finally dome him.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

:holymoley:

Wow.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

No burn week. Game is dying due to lack of content... better make it less fun.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

My ultra sweaty 4 man came up against another ultra sweaty 4 man team last night. Twice in a row.

In the first game they took control of B first and camped it the entire match. They wiped the floor with us.

In the second game we took control of B first and camped it and we wiped the floor with them.

Neither games were close. Both team had equally highly skilled players.

With abilities, ammo, weapon damage and movement speed being so low, the options for making plays or getting teams out of position are extremely limited.

Both those games were boring and poo poo. Losing sucked but winning gave no sense of accomplishment. In the game we won i killed their fision rifle dude with my fusion rifle then kill 4 more guys with my fusion rifle unopposed.

Oh and the connections still sucked loving dick.

I'm worried about Destiny 2.

Just screwing around solo rolling I had a similar experience. Games were rarely close, you either smoked them or got smoked. I had maybe 2 close games over all and it because was everybody trying to lonewolf and not making a cohesive push as a team.

Ability spam was an issue in D1, but the huge nerf to abilities is too much. Hopefully the full game will mediate it with armor effects in the full release.

I understand they are trying to make this an esport/super balanced, but I don't care for it. It feels way too much like Halo 5.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

Thanks man.

Yeah I'm sure there will be a lot of videos but they won't be any where near as exciting as full speed titan skating while laying watse with last word and pulling off a drag scope and slamming the last guy.

It will be more holding position and team shotting this dude from medium range with a pulse.

And it's so easy to pull off huge games playing like that. Im going to upload a 30kd game i had that is not really that interesting to watch.

Mixed feelings on D2.

I'm a pvp garbage tier shitlord and I feel the same way. The aggressive movement, strong abilities, and fun weapons made D1 fun. Trying to move up fast and play aggressive made me get totally wrecked soloing in the beta. I will say it again, it felt like Halo 5. Teamshoot, always use cover when shooting, and deny power ammo. I would much rather run and gun, but I feel like I can't.

Last_Taste fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 26, 2017

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

:siren: Boys, it's been real. Thanks to all the posters here who helped us find our true selves. Please enjoy this send off montage from all of us at Bone Krew :siren:

Bone Krew - The Rippin' And The Tearin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q5iIaP0M3c

40 Times.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah that was my issue with destiny 1 - too much story

What are you talking about? It was hard to find the story between the surgical precision weapons/balance patches and the easy to read grimoire.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

:siren: :jackbud: :siren: New Destiny 2 Bone Krew (XBox One) Sign Up Sheet :siren: :jackbud: :siren:

It's that time again! The Bone Krew Destiny (2) clan has been culled down and spread wide to accept new boners. We were filled up with boners for pretty much all of D1, so if you want to be in the clan do not delay!

I'm an Xbox One haver, what do I do?

1. Fill out the contact form here: https://goo.gl/forms/qFlo5MzqgEs40FVd2

2. Go to the BNet Bone Krew clan page and request to join: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=313913

3. Every time something stupid and/or cool happens in the game, record it and share dank gifs in this thread

You can view the XBone roster here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hSL9Fh33-_vQXDDqbmC61V8wmObcjWhJIT0FeBwX8ow/edit?usp=sharing

Be sure to go through the list and add people. The last couple of sign up sheets had over 100 people signed up and it's always better to play with friends. We've got a wide range of players ranging from casual patrolmans to sweaty pvp tryhards. Who knows, maybe you'll find your next trials wife!

I wish that GIF could be the Bone Krew banner.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

I want custom banners. Too bad all i have are lovely online editors.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

was "Justified In Shooting Men" already taken??

:chanpop:

So good.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

You watching the nova drop out of sight was perfect.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

I have more Darci's than a liberal arts college

:chanpop:

I guess I have been lucky with IB weapons. Got 2 pulses, scout, auto, and launcher. I really want the hunter arms, but drat this has been a punishing IB. No extra drops, nothing to grind up to buy, and everything below current light levels. After this IB, I really doubt I will play again for the same stuff.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Extremely Uber voice] rather than just telling someone I'm ostensibly bros with that im annoyed he's getting so mad about D2, imma be a huge bitch about it while pretending I'm cool with him but I'm not really then imma act like that's not a huge bitch rear end move lol

go gently caress yourself

NEED MORE MILK posted:

the pvp in this game is really terrible lmao

Yeah. Due to my weird schedule and random parent interruptions, I usually run banner solo. It was painful this time. I'm a pvp shitlord, so I don't expect to win, but I ran into lots of players with 50-75 flawless runs or 2+ KD emblems. I wouldn't complain if the connections were good, but the stacked teams still made the matches laggy. Better than D1, but not good enough for the 2nd go of a game.

Add in the lovely loot system, I don't think I would run banner again. I am at 1 bit or armor away from 305 (304 arms), and banner gear still dropped at 295. Thanks Saladin, go jump off the tower.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Man, very helpful stuff.

Did TLW transfer into this game well? I was about to quit Destiny 1 after a month or two of playing and getting that as a drop sucked me right back in.

TLW isn't in the game. Yet... it may appear in a DLC.

You should be looking for the following weapons:
Scout - Nameless midnight. This is the story reward. Good all around rifle because it has explosive rounds. The explosive effect deals good damage if you miss your crits. You can use it in PVP if you don't have a MIDA or something else you like to use. MIDA is a quest, so look up how to get it started.
Auto - Uriels Gift. Long range auto with high caliber rounds (AKA the meta). Origin Story and Scathelock are also very good.
Pulse - The IB pulse is decent, same with Lincoln Green, but it doesn't compete with HCR guns right now.
Handcannon - Better devils is the go to. Good for PVE, I can't use it at all in PVP. Current HCR meta makes me miss shots. Hand canons are in a weird place right now.
SMG - Antiope is the one to get since it is kinetic and you can pair it up with other weapons like Uriels. Othewise the MIDA mini tool is decent too. Use these in D1 shotgun range and they are very effective.
Sidearm - Last hope is very good with a fast TTK, kind of feels like a trespasser from D1. Etana is another good sidearm. Melts people close up with you hip fire it.

Hawthornes shotgun is good for PVE and PVP, so keep that if you get one.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I know this game is dead already but could someone let me into bone kreux part deux please. gt: dr fatsaq

The OP gives you the necessary info. Add your info to the google doc, do the necessary bungie stuff, and message wrecks (ya boy) for slack details.

Last_Taste fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 29, 2017

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

If you have the D2 app, all exotics are visible in the collection section. Ophidians are back.

E - Jester Geminis could be good... hunter dodge disrupts radar nearby.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What's up with the two possible logos in new ornaments?

It's not an Eververse thing, because Tess sold the ornament that has the Osiris logo on it.

The other logo appears exclusively on weapons that now have 2x Ornament options, but... Rat King now has 2 ornaments and the newest one has the Osiris logo.

Is it a dawning logo? Maybe you can cosmetic stuff for... *gasp* free!?

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Fly Molo posted:

Well then he should stop complaining like a little bitch :colbert:

As a fellow crucible shitlord, I encourage you to try to tell one of the legitimately top ranked destiny players in the world that he can't aim, and should get gud.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

wintrrmute posted:

what happens if you play D1 crucible

is it still good

I played D1 a lot last week because mayhem clash was active. It was a ton of fun. Machine gun fools for days with my silvered dread, and using the the last word when I didn't have heavy ammo. You move so much faster and 6 v 6 is frantic and fun.

E - Nightfall in D1 is arc burn, small arms, daybreak on the abomination heist. That much fun will never be allowed in D2.

Last_Taste fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 27, 2018

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You, a dumbass: lmao what the gently caress Bungie why did you remove modifiers from the normal nightfall? 1 step forward 2 steps back!

Me, an intellectual: actually the modifiers are Trickle and Juggler

Dammit, I can't even laugh at this.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Who wants the Over / Under on 69% of goons misunderstanding what an over under bet is???

I'll take this action, straight up.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Luke Smith: Oh, they got this Road Map all screwed up

:master:

So good.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

the good fax machine posted:

Been having a ton of fun with linear fusions lately
https://i.imgur.com/fZeWdfk.gifv

I love the pause to capture the clip after the second shot. :smuggo:

Linear fusions should be more than 203 for a precision shot. Its a charge up sniper. Make it a one hit kill body since it takes more aim than a rocket.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

why would you make it a one-hit-kill body? that would make them better than snipers at being snipers, better than fusion rifles at being fusion rifles, and only slightly worse than shotguns at being shotguns. i think the flinch reduction in pvp has mostly made them where they should be, though i wouldn't mind a little more flinch reduction still.

It is harder to change up and hit precision than aim a sniper and they don't offer any significant chance to follow up a shot if you body somebody. Drop the ammo to 2-3 shots and I think they are would be a viable 1 shot long range weapon, which makes they stand out from fusions and shotguns at the intended range.

More like a spartan laser than a fusion rifle.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

6's is pretty good, but needs some balance help. Games seemed to mostly be a 1 way affair, with you or the other team stomping until the mercy rule activates. I played 7-8 games and I only had one competitive game where both teams were over 100 at the end.

I like to use main ingredient as my heavy, but with the extra players I ended up switching to a rocket launcher to deny capture points to avoid leaving ammo for enemies . Colony is still obnoxious for spamming points.

Lag seemed to be worse for me. I would take damage and drop behind cover, and more than once the entire second vigilance wing burst would go through cover to kill me. I still think precision framed ARs have too much range, but I am used to Halo AR that miss beyond shotgun range.

Games were more chaotic, which is better than boring rear end 4V4.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

Nah that part is fine. Being rewarded for something that takes skill and practice is fine.

Thats why trials and raida should give the best loot.

But locking it behind a pvp mode with no radar is kinda dumb.

Also we have no idea if the gun is good. Could be dogshit.

Hopefully competitive will prioritize connection over the magical SBMM algorithm that slots you into games with red bars on the other side of the planet. But I doubt it because Bungie.

Didn't they mention they are going to start penalizing players for leaving games? I doubt Bungie will ban for it, but I could see 15 minute to 1 hour temp bans if you leave games too many times. Hopefully any game you leave will cause your competitive rank to go down , even if it doesn't "start".

Still, you are consistently ranked in the top 1% of players right? I look forward to watching your videos with it, since I won't get it with my thumb-less skills.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Okay so I'm mythic in valor but I haven't done the solstice bullshit, I can safely just not do anything because who gives a poo poo about armor, right?

Yes. The armor is ugly and it will quickly be outclassed in the expansion. I got my set and it was a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

The Servitor boss fight where it splits up is dope though

The redux missions are pretty fun, but can be hit or miss. Getting to drive the tank again felt like old school bungie. 1AU sucked, and the Ghaul fight (most of the mission really ) sucked the second time you have to do it.