Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

The official Nick Young free agency extravaganza can begin now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Boredumb posted:

The official Nick Young free agency extravaganza can begin now

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

hahahaha

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Nick Young is gonna get 6MOY for shamelessly gunning off the bench in Golden State. Iguodola will get denied again. :anime:

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

MourningView posted:

Dion and Swaggy are both much more fun in theory than they are in reality

Wrong !!!!! Is lie!!

dokmo posted:

Two seasons of 34% shooting versus a recent season of 40% shooting. Sounds like a good opportunity for a bet!

My proposal: if Nick Young shoots below 38% during the 17-18 regular season, I win the bet; if he shoots 38% or better I lose the bet; if he doesn't attempt more than 100 threes the bet is off (regular season only for all this). The bet winnings goes to charity, the winner of the bet gets to name the charity.

Who wants to take me up on a 100% chance to help a charity and a smaller chance to make me look foolish?

$25 I'm in.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

I always look forward to WhyteRyce summer league heckling stories

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

the rockets rotation as it stands:

Chris Paul
James Harden/Eric Gordon
Trevor Ariza/Luc Mbah a Moute
Ryan Anderson/PJ Tucker
Clint Capela/Nene

D League/Trade/fill out the bench fodder:
PF Zhou Qi
C Chinanu Onuaku
C Tarik Black
PF Cameron Oliver
SF Jarrod Uthoff
PG Isaiah Taylor
PG Bobby Brown* not signed yet

You done good Morey. I like the team even if there are no further trades, obviously swapping Anderson out for Melo would be nice.

Thats a pretty good line-up, Morey has done really well as usual.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

amazingly pro post

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

MourningView posted:

Just move them to Anaheim where there is already a perfectly good basketball ready arena

Did you live out here when they used to play in Anaheim? It was a lot of fun in the late 90's to see them, the arena had good crowds.

Inglewood is annoying for a new arena.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

MourningView posted:

Nah, I've only been out here five years. It seems like a logical move though. It's an area that's shown it can support pro sports teams even with competiting franchises in LA, the arena is already there, and I think people would be excited to see NBA games without having to brave the traffic to get up to LA

Completely agree. When Sterling was being forced to sell I was hopeful that the team might move down here. Oh well

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

#mambathick

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Quinntan posted:

Hi, I'm looking for a new team (and sport) to follow now that soccer has truly gone off the deep end with money. However, the soccer club that I support has always struggled with kinda rubbish ownership, retaining any players that show even a glimpse of promise and overall has been a bit of a misery circus after I started supporting them as a kid back in 2000 or so. What team fits that bill in the NBA so I know not to repeat the mistake?

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Spite posted:

Lakers guy has crazy hand signs now. I saw one that said U CANT HANDLE RANDLE or something like that.

He's the best:

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Lol why would he do this

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

So with T-Mac getting into the Hall of Fame, I'm wondering who gets into the Hair of Fame.

Thinking His Hairness and Frobe are first ballot, tbh, along with Ben Wallace circa 04, as well as Kawhi and his rows long past their sell-by date.

Edit: I left out Chris Kaman, but he's only a Hair of Famer for his anti-hairness. It's a conundrum. I guess we could throw in Manu's bald spot as well, since it's been growing since he was 14.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

who would be the classic NBAers who would be best online during their prime? I'd say either Walton or Marvin Barnes.

There would probably be a lot of Gilbert Arenas' out there

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

lmao

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

creamcorn posted:

Please do not insult the greatest Laker fifteenth man of all time. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8

I remember walking around the Staples Center and seeing posters/wall banners or whatever of him up everywhere. It was insane

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's loving basketball time you young boys and you horny adult men. Someone should make a preaseasonining GDT and a meet the team thread

Rick lights the Kobe signal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Enjoyed those write-ups, thanks Henchman

• Locked thread