Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Controversial(?) opinion: I'd take Rose if he's willing to come off the bench. The wolves badly need someone who can score in the second unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

that guy spelled SAWFT wrong

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you cut the league in half Draymond Green wouldn't even have been drafted :thunk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://streamable.com/xfntm

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ChickenMedium posted:

Jesus hated getting posted up.

Man, the thread title just changed but this is so good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I think Embiid by now Wolves got a gazelle at that he's at "This one arm. That would be more minutes."

are you ok?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Someone is a bit cranky that they chose MCW over the Lakers pick.

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/876822079554945024

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/876829711544070144

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

7 for King Zing imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

Would you do 7 plus Rubio ? Or 7 plus Levine?

I'm not sure why the Knicks would want Thad Levine from the Twins (though he would probably make their front office better by default) but no I would not do 7+Rubio for the Zinger, unless maybe we already had a very good PG lined up to sign in FA.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

https://twitter.com/wccoradio/status/877491873128083456

I guess it wasn't a medical retirement (not sure why it wasn't) but apparently an agreement was made and the Wolves get some of the cap back.

All of the cap

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/877365786364571650

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad our official and verified PR account finally switched to the new logo three months after the reveal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RaySmuckles posted:

not until 2018, i imagine. i don't think there's a trade that can happen to put him in a place he would rather be

Kris Dunn + the rights to the 7th pick will still leave Minnesota under the cap if we rescind our other cap holds I believe :getin:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ramadu posted:

Come to the Suns lebron and kyrie we can keep you in your primes forever

*fired up the old man Lazarus pits*

Have I mentioned recently that the Timberwolves practice facility shares their building with the Mayo Clinic's sports medicine facility?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If I had to choose between Wiggins and LaVine I would keep LaVine

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Last season they were dead last in 3pt attempt rate, and 20th in percentage from there. Despite this they had the 10th best offense?

The Rubio Effect

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man I just realized the game of zones episode that this spawns is going to be fly as hell

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nooo now I have to hate the Rockets :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kyle Lowry is really good so as long as we don't give Rubio away for scraps then I could probably deal with it.

Isn't he in his 30s though? If it's a long term deal that's my only concern.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracaidas posted:

I'd rather Dedmon, Ingles, and a backup point for the same cost.... but it's not as if I'd complain about Lowry.

If we don't use all of our cap on one guy I would love for the Wolves to go after JaMychal Green (sorry Nick)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lots of legit sources saying the talks have basically died so I'm sure another team will take the Celts place in the rumors arena

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lowry comin

MourningView what do the Jazz even have to trade for him? I'm hoping/assuming this isn't just a straight salary dump

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Salary dumping Ricky Rubio then signing Rondo, notable for having the same strengths and weaknesses as Rubio but just worse, would be pretty depressing.

Ah yes noted free throw expert rajon rondo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Wolves don't have a pick next year so I suppose I'm ultimately ok with that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Carlosologist posted:

A whole pound for Rubio seems like a good deal, so that opens Minny's cap to add a PG and fill out the bench

There were rumblings yesterday that Lowry might take a bit if a discounted deal in the right spot so maybe he'll do that here and leave us enough room to get a mid-tier guy as well. Wolves have roughly 35 mil in space right now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If we dumped Rubio for Teague I'm calling the season ticket reps and felling them that specific signing stopped me from buying a season ticket package

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boosh! posted:

You got Butler for peanuts.

I don't care, that has nothing to do with this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracaidas posted:

https://twitter.com/DanCookWCCO/status/880931032140324868

Source is a local radio host, son of old Lakers GM and current elderly media relic/mascot Sid Hartman

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

3/55 for teague maybe

Normal starting money

Not bad for minne if true

Rubio was making less than 30 million total over the next two years.

Just kill me now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is like the Kris Dunn pick all over again

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

COOL NOW THE PICK WE GOT FOR RUBIO JUST DROPPED SIX OR SO SPOTS

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

E2M2 posted:

You know PG ain't resigning.

He probably is so he can go to LA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eltoasto posted:

Ah ok, well that would be kind of interesting and might actually be more fun if it spread the stars out more.

The Be A GM that Deadbeat Dad is currently still accepting signups for is probably going to be a neat look into how this would work!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/882429565687255044

I don't hate this

e: apparently they've also offered a 2 year deal to Nick Young

Tyus-SwaggyP-Miles-Bjelly-Dieng is a bench I can get behind

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 5, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

If they can swing a bench like that, low-key it's probably a better move than getting Lowry. Their bench cost them so many games last year.

Yeah, our starters were actually really good together last year (I think one of the top five in the league? I feel like that's too high but it's what's in my head) but our bench was God Awful

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Mambold posted:

Good luck m8. They'll offload Derrick Rose for pics.

Derrick Rose is a free agent, friend.

And honestly that's the best news for a Knicks fan :unsmith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What is cap smoothing?

The cap is determined by the amount of revenue coming in. Due to the new TV deal, last year's cap jumped from 70 million in the 15-16 season to 94 million in the 16-17 season. This is what caused all the massive spending and overpaying of many free agents. This year's cap was projected to jump as well (though not by as much), but due to various factors it did not.

Cap smoothing would have, well, smoothed out the jump. So instead of going from 70 to 94 in one year, they would have spaced it out and maybe only increased it by like 7 million per year (I don't know the actual number I'm just tossing that out there) until it was where it should be.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In hindsight the Gorgui deal is really not as good as it was eight months ago.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aww :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

Swaggy is going to GS? Sweet! Now Minnesota can do that sign and trade for CJ Miles!

These weren't mutually exclusive, I'm pretty sure they wanted to do both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

leftist heap posted:

If you assume a top 3 of GSW, Spurs, and Houston (not a guarantee IMO) then that assumes 3-4 teams ahead of OKC.

I can't really make a case for ANY of the remaining likely playoff teams being ahead of them, let alone 3-4 of them.

I just got really upset because I can't post the .gif of Ricky slowly looking to the camera and smiling as a response to stuff like this anymore

• Locked thread