Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Forer posted:

So what does "Storm Blood" even mean anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mazed posted:

Oh by the way, if you haven't heard yet: The Primal Lakshmi's theme is out and running wild.

Suffice it to say that the harder modes will undoubtedly require the whole raid to perform a full Bollywood routine.

It's not Bollywood enough. Though no amount of Bollywood will ever be enough.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hey Paladins, you know how your cross class options were kind of lackluster unless you were doing PUG PotD? Now you can fill those slots with some of the class abilities you took for granted.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm going to miss popping Stoneskin on my PLD in phase changes, but I've got an actual skill to guard the party with and I've got an actual attack to spend MP on.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"Certain large-scale FATEs will no longer require level sync to participate."

Someday, many expansions in the future, we'll be able to GSM solo Gorgimera like Godbert did.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My skillbars are full of invalid skills. :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i ended up quitting midway through heavensward. is there a quick source for comparatively high ilevel 60 gear that i can use for the rest of it?

Farm Poes? Lahabrea steamroll roulette still gives 120.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I think everything give poes now.

I meant that the reward hasn't decreased post-patch, which is good since Shire gear is super cheap now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Better than rear/flank juggling.

Speaking of, hooray for True North.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We aren't getting our CE rewards until after the official launch, right?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Glad YoshiP fixed pissvale for PLDs, Total Eclipse was sorely needed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is shameful, they should be saying that about goons disrupting their ERP sessions. We're bad at trolling in this game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Baphy update -- after panicking and sobbing for a short time, I restarted the PS4 and was able to log into FFXIV, starting the SB download :unsmith:

Nice, it's just not DGKK without Baph.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Right.

Good things about Stormblood:
- new hats
- game now more orderly and polite

- PLD skill tree has been blessed with God and Bonnie Tyler.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think there's too many people you won't make a difference unless you RP walk down the line.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

People should chill out imho

Every MMO launch.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bwahahahaha! It's like all my namedays have come at once!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DC! Dying, dying electricity.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This whole bottleneck will be over soon enough and everyone will have forgotten about it. Just go grind FATEs or something and wait for it to clear out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PLD was always my BFF.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mazed posted:

I'm getting kicked offline trying to do this Red Mage quest duty.

Do these quests unlock anything amazing or is it safe to go and gain levels until things shape up?

50s don't, they're just tutorial. Or at least the SAM one is. Haven't done RDM yet. Go get to level 52, maybe the problem won't be as bad by then..

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leofish posted:

I like that the first PLD job quest in SB gives a reason why there was no gladiatorial fight when leveling GLD. "Oh, we just didn't do it for 100 years." Rhalgr help me if I don't get to stand on the bloodsands this time!

There were Halatali HM and Dragon's Neck.

SonicRulez posted:

At first I was glad to be at work and playing in small increments while things were borked. Now I am sad that everyone is doing cool dungeons and trials without me. Remember me in Not-Japan, fellow goons.

Don't worry, you're not the only one who won't be able to play until later.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

SAM is a ton of fun. Just pure damage.

Rotation combos own.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Intoluene posted:

It'll level itself out eventually, much like Ninja and Machinist before it. AST and DRK, too.

It won't drop as hard as DRK because a lot of the players wanted DRK to be a button mashing edgelord DPS instead of a tank that expected players to think about their resource management.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimbot posted:

I want Square to sort the Samurai combos for PvE in the way they do it for PvP. It's utterly perfect how well they have their stuff sorted out. There's literally no reason to ever use the combo skills by themselves, so packaging them with the skill that combos into them is just fantastic. I'm not sure why they just didn't design it that way to begin with. It cuts down on the skillbar clutter lots!

On classes with basic 1-2-3 rotations I set up hotbars that are identical except for the rotation and hotkey between them. 1-2-3, click, 1-2-3, click. Unless it's MNK then it's 1-2, click, 3, click, 1, click, 2-3, click, or something like that.

Carmant posted:

lol yes there is, what are you talking about

They must not have played MNK. Perfect Balance for 3x Greased Lightning at the start of combat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kaldaris posted:

I am on the Badmung.

Stop making poor life choices.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So will we be melding STR on tank gear?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Please, whatever you do, do not ska in dungeons.

80 Bard skill line.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Final Fantasy 90k: in the grim darkness of the expansion release there are only disconnects.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let me back in so I can log off in town!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ruta posted:

Just got to the Azim Steppe and I'm super impressed about the little bits of dialogue here and there that are triggered by my race.

Squenix will never make a sequel to that. :negative:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is the summer of level 69.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wangsbig posted:

enjoy it while it lasts, u don't get to lol like this again til level 420

FF 14, lvl 88
:hitler:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cythereal posted:

I was able to make one just now. Going to play the free trial as far as it will let me before going ahead and subscribing, though.

One thing I will give this game: compared to every other MMO I've played, enemies are weird and I love it. I have no idea what the gently caress a coblyn is but I've killed a whole bunch.

Wait until you start seeing classic monsters from the old games.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SettingSun posted:

PVP.

Really.

Good experience, overhauled combat, short queue times because everyone's grinding levels with it. PvP is in a great spot right now and I was able to farm up the last four wins I needed for Ginga over the past couple days.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ArtIsResistance posted:

Bought stormblood because I'm an mmo junkie who needs a fix. Is endgame still grinding 2 dungeons for tome cap or did they fix the Heavsward problemz???

Also does whm still own bones???

You can PvP to cap now too. Well, you always could but it's been way better since they created separate limited and balanced PvP versions of the class' skills for Stormblood.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I have trouble with Altair as a non-tank in Squadron mode but it's still better than leveling disused classes by running dungeons with pubs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Velthice posted:

I don't have a hot take, I just think it's funny that goons line up to crucify mr happy while constantly praising mtq who doesn't let things like her not clearing a fight stop her from releasing a guide

I don't recommend watching either.

She said to tank the bone dragon north. I don't trust her advice.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"I'm going to ruin your fiesta runs!"

Bolow posted:

So I'm super burnt the gently caress out on PotD, and kind of want to start working on my DRK. Are the Command Missions decent XP all the way to 60 or am I still condemned to do the 50-60 grind in there?

You could always do PvP to level and get access to PvP glams as a bonus; but yeah, do the regular stuff as a DRK.

The main reason to heal or tank a CM is to get a feel for the class in a low pressure setting.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Asimo posted:

Apparently there won't be a trade-in this time, for better or worse.

I still want to get it before starting the new one, see if the text mentions it. Also in case there's a kettle.

Speaking of, anyone for A9S farming tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

There are job-specific mounts?

Tank jobs get special mounts for doing enough tanking and WHM gets a unicorn at 30.