Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I am white magic and there is no cure for my asshurt.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/whitemage/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

But overall seems like a pretty good place, at worst your class is the same, at best its got some significant depth added.

This does not describe SB WHM at all. Lost stoneskin, fluid aura does no damage, lilies are mostly useless, lost divine seal, lost protect, lost shroud, cleric stance is useless, lost esuna, cure II doesn't proc a cheaper cure III.

At least we kept repose :shrug:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

vOv posted:

I agree Lilies are dumb but your complaints don't make any sense.

Stealing WHM skills, renaming them, then giving them to other classes is losing. We're going to have to use up role actions to get back skills we already had.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
RIP my terrible hotbar.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
It's really unfun having to swap between protect and eye for an eye every single time I enter a dungeon.

Edit: Just remembered that I'd have to reapply protect if someone dies, I guess I don't need e4e.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 16, 2017

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

UHD posted:

Guys the expansion is super good

rip stance dancing I don't miss you one fuckin bit

RIP using stoneskin II between pulls. They replaced doing something with doing nothing.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I think lb3 is only available in raids.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
He got the inmortal dragon load in his hair.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Shy posted:

Which zone does the fox spawn in?

Yanxia.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Was having a good time in a Susano EX farm party, the boss was about to die and everything was going great. He began to cast stormsplitter and the tank needed topped off so I tried to cast tetragrammaton on him which is bound to my R key, then everyone died. That is the story of why rescue is no longer bound to control R.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

Man, I'm jealous. I can't even find room for Rescue in my role actions in the first place.

You don't need esuna in Susano, and it's a nice skill to have to pull people toward you after a knockback.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I want to know what percentage of the real short quest in Rhalgar's (lvl69) was made directly to let people have a decent NieR: Automata cosplay blindfold.

There's no way that blindfold wasn't Nier inspired.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Alternatively

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Kettlepip posted:

even creepier when you spot the ghost pirate in the top right of your flames. beard. and. everything.

Oh poo poo.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I'm mildly disappointed that Gilgamesh doesn't photobomb one of the floors given the theme of Deltascape, but other than that this raid tier delivers on the fanservice and the fights are pretty fun too.

I am still confused about one of the v2.0 mechanics after multiple runs though. What exactly determines which tentacle will be safe to stand by? I've heard that they eat your levitation, but I've levitated and re-levitated next to one only for a tentacle on the far side of the map to lose its glow and become the safe spot. Or is it just random?

You don't stand near them at all. 2-3 tentacles will be active, you need to run away from them.

Edit: I read that wrong. You already understand the mechanic, just stay away from the active tentacles. The boss should be tanked in the middle and pulled to the safe spot, you have plenty of time to run.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Astroniomix posted:

The marker above one or more of the tentacles will go away, that indicates that tentacle will not use it's attack. I didn't run it enough to confirm it yet but I think you need someone still standing on the ground to touch the tentacle to check if the mark stays or goes away.

I don't think anyone has to touch it.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I've been playing this game for 2 years and I just learned that you can /cpose with weapons out.

This is game changing.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The Stormblood culinarian quests just giving me the ingredients I need is all I've ever wanted. Having to collect everything myself was incredibly tedious.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Like, i guess i don't know what else i expected the tank's defense increasing limit break to be but it still surprised me because i've never seen a tank use a limit break in my 3 months of playing.

There's only one instance I can think of where it's required for the tank to limit break.

Defiance Industries posted:

Meanwhile, the Heavensward crew? Those are MY friends that I teamed up with. I feel more of a connection to, say, Aymeric because I built an alliance with him, rather than just being told he was on this team that I am also I guess in?

Haurchefant is the only character in this game I was invested in. Everyone in the game treats you like a lackey, but Haurchefant just wanted to be your bro.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 13, 2017

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Ran a couple of dungeons, confessions stacks aren't good, but now they aren't as bad. I don't know how to feel about them right now.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Minrad posted:

a bravely default inspired raid: once you clear it, you have to do it 4 more times before you get loot

So it's like every other raid.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Someone recently bought one of the hardsilver foils I was selling, melded it with strength IV materia, then relisted it to undercut the other foils I'm selling by one gil. I don't understand the market game.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Hiding in the bushes and spying on ladies at the beach is one of the Moonfaire quests

10/10 best event quest in a while.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I need advice from someone who understands gear progression better than I do. Do I upgrade my pants from 310 to 330 or wait a week and upgrade my 320 weapon to the 330 one? This is healer gear.

I was going to go with the pants, but I have someone telling me to prioritize the weapon.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 10, 2017

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

homeless snail posted:

idk what the current stat weights are so I couldn't tell you exactly how much, but weapon damage is going to trump any other stat by a wide margin

There's only +1 damage going from 320 to 330 and there's only an 16 point increase in mind and the pants give me 29 extra mind points.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

kojei posted:

"only" +1 damage is huge, and you hosed up

What's hosed up? Melds? I haven't spent my tomes yet.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

jyrque posted:

I guess playerbase either learned how to play or SB changes actually made jobs easier to optimize DPS

It's the latter. People still find ways to suck at DPS, but now their suck slows the entire group down a bit less.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

comingafteryouall posted:

Then I leveled my WHM higher and got Holy and Aero III.

Holy is essentially a defensive cooldown since it stuns. Don't be afraid to swiftcast holy if you want to take heat off of the tank for a couple of seconds, just make sure you won't need it for a rez.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

Last night I did Spiritbonding craftgrind and threw the resulting stack of HQ Palladium Nuggets up on the Market Board for 8k, only a bit lower than the current HQ price.

This morning, I woke up to this.

Sell yours in a small stack or as a single unit and keep your price raised. Very few people are going to want a stack of 99.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Fixed those for you unless your definition of good is people in the top 1%. Except for the 2 that were just way wrong, 300 was better than most people could swing in 110 let alone 70 and I saw 2500 at 270 from exactly 2 people ever. Even these numbers are still better than you will see from nearly every pug you run across.

4500dps at ilvl 330 is unrealistic for the average pug too. I've seen people hit that number but they have melds and food.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I think Rhalgr's Reach is secretly the headquarters of the alt-right.

"But it backwards!" you might say.

This one isn't.

I knew Raubahn was up to something.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
My launcher is bugged and it's telling me to launch the game via ffxivboot, but when I click that it tells me to launch the game via ffxivboot.

This sucks.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Ignimbrite posted:

Use / change your VPN if you're having patching issues

I don't have a VPN.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Now I can be a cat/fox/wolf girl all at the same time.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

creatine posted:

Wait what's the engage bug

Mash engage during command missions and watch your squadron put out impossibly high DPS for their level. Ideally this is done with archers.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Mobile app can be used for MB and chat

If I can update my sell orders from my phone that'll be amazing.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Alloran posted:

Is it better to have him be a BTN, MNR, or FSH?

Whatever compliments your favorite crafting classes. I did a lot of weaving so I had my retainer be a botanist.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Renegret posted:

I really appreciate how good and important Largesse is

However

Back in my day largesse was called divine seal and it was a white mage exclusive, it boosted healing by 30% and had a 30 second shorter cooldown. YoshiP steals my baby then throws it to you gosh darn ungrateful kids :argh:.

I'll forever miss throwing a divine seal'd regen on the tank, swapping to cleric stance, then holying my way to the top of the DPS meter.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Die Sexmonster! posted:

What? Why? You can still do that.

Not nearly as well. White mage does less DPS and largesse isn't as good as divine seal was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Largesse is still real good and Thin Air means your Holy uptime is much much longer, meaning you can realistically do it better and for longer.

Still, the cleric stance change nerfed WHM DPS pretty hard. This isn't a complaint.