Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hello new thread, say hello to the cutest dragongirl this side of the Wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Does anyone know when server transfers go online once severs open? Wanna get my butt to Omega when I can.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Touch of Death, MNK potency, and the ability to cross-class B4B. :rip:

Twin Snakes going from 5% to 10% damage helps offset the potency loss on MNK moves at least. Sorta. Maybe.

That just compensates for a twin snakes trait we lost. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I lost my PvP virginity today and it was fun as hell.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

We ended up making no mistakes and had only one death (melee lb3 at a predictably bad moment) so now I'm kinda curious about one mechanic: if you gently caress up the rocks by killing the wrong one or leaving the right one alive, what happens? raid aoe?

I have no idea, are fight mechanics a spoiler?

I think killing the wrong one leads to raid aoe, not killing the right one in time kills the guy inside.

Edit: strikeout is not spoiler.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Meet the most RDM MNK ever.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I just finished the Doma arc and I thought it was pretty sweet and awesome. It was slightly ruined by a tank who was a bit hasty in pulling and so I didn't get to actually fight CHAOS SPACE MARINE. Still a cool and good arc tho.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

Which are the two EX dungeons? I'm hoping one's Bardam and the second boss is the same but more ridiculous

Kugane Castle and Temple of the Fist.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm pretty sure the recurring jingle is the Garlean national anthem.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dear sweet Jesus why does Omega have a huge queue now?

Get out all you drat game time whores.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Also there's some new PVP stuff if people haven't looked yet. This is the healer coat and mask.

Looking cool, Joker Fox!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Here's my MNK, updated for SB. The af3 top is just too good not to use. Can't wait for it to be dyeable.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Baut is the best character and he needs more recognition.

I did all the sidequests but am bad at remembering names. :( Who was Baut again?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Toshimo posted:

The ex-garlean who wanted to turn himself in.

That was a good sidequest, but I think my favourite one for sheer :3: was the one about the Oronir cook. Or maybe Quarry grandpa.

Basically all the sidequest chains were good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

nuru posted:

So did every MNK go SAM? I haven't seen a MNK since SB came out.

Loud and proud MNK main here. You can keep your hanzo steel.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Blocking Susano as a MNK is pretty rad. :black101:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My glam rule is no more than one item from an item set. It's kept me going through GW2, WoW and now FF14. Whilst I love the Ala Mhigo striking set and MNK AF3, rules are rules. :colbert:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hellfire claws are also a good monk glamour.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I hope Magitek Knight is just a tech-flavoured version of Mystic Knight. Fire IV gunblade :black101:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So I know the Magitek Knight discussion is a few days old but I had a long day of conference talks that wasn't particularly interesting and a lot of free wine. So I decided to write down what I thought a Magitek Knight could be like in FF14 if it ever became a job. No real numbers in this mock-up.
Warning: long effort post ahead

Magitek Knight
I kinda wanted to make Magitek Knight into a technology-based version of Mystic Knight from FF5. It would be a dex class, sharing gear with NIN and focusing on debuffing enemies. It will be a mostly melee class, with a ranged burst phase, like a reverse RDM. In the melee stance, which would be default, weapon skills would be melee. The opposite applies once you switch to ranged stance. There would be two forms of class mana:

A) An elemental charge system. This is similar to MCH ammo, but you will always have five of them. Using a weaponskill will use up a charge but will also give you a charge, keeping numbers stable. Charges come in the three flavours of Fire/Blizzard/Thunder.
B) A ceruleum gauge. This builds up as you use melee weaponskills, and ranged weaponskills use it up.

Melee weaponskills
Fire/Blizzard/Thunder I Blade: fire/ice/lightning melee damage. When it uses up a charge of a non-matching element, gives the following effect:
  • Fire: self-damage buff
  • Blizzard: +magic damage debuff
  • Thunder: DoT
These skills will also give a charge of the corresponding element and some ceruleum.

The point of these skills is that there is no set rotation. You use a skill that doesn't match your next charge, and your charge stash changes over time, changing which skill you need to use next.

Fire/Blizzard/Thunder II Blade: your melee AoE equivalents. When a non-matching charged is used, debuffs the enemies with:
  • Fire: blind
  • Blizzard: heavy
  • Thunder: paralysis
Other effects same as F/B/T I blade skills

Melee oGCDs
Bio Blade: DoT, uses ceruleum
Break Blade: stuns even through stun resistance, high TP/MP cost
Innocence: next 3 weaponskills hit for higher damage
Resonant shot: gives large amount of ceruleum, long cd (This is based on the idea behind gunblades that the gun vibrates the sword as it is fired, doing large damage from the vibration along with the shot. This is basically the Perfect Balance of the Magitek Knight, to recover from deaths.)
Blast Back: leaps back, gives some ceruleum and switches to ranged stance

Ranged weaponskills
Fire/Blizzard/Thunder III Bullet: Replaces F/B/T I Blade. Same effects but ranged instead, costs ceruleum and has increased damage in comparison to the skills it replaces.
Fire/Blizzard/Thunder IV Bullet: Replaces F/B/T II Blade. ^

Ranged oGCDs
Flare Bullet: replaces Bio Blade, restores some ceruleum and has an AoE
Grappling Hook: pulls you to your target, does damage based on how much ceruleum you have left and burns it down to 0, and swaps you to melee stance.
Sleep Bullet: ranged version of Break Blade, sleeps enemy

Non-stance dependant skills
Bit Beam: oGCD line AoE
Pistol Shot: Ranged pulling skill
Shield Bit: defensive AoE, reflects some damage
Reconfigure: randomises your charges, your next charge is guaranteed to be different to what it used to be.
LB3: the delayed X beam that Regula/Fordola uses, except spammed.

The general idea is that you start in melee, using whatever weaponskills doesn't match your charge whilst planning which charges you will need in the future. Once you've built up enough ceruleum you jump out and blast away in ranged mode until you run out and have to jump back in. The oGCDs that give/use up ceruleum are there if you want to extend the phase that you are in.

Long effort post, if you read it feel free to comment.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 5, 2017

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

nuru posted:

Even when an expansion just came out we're never truly free of job design fanfic here at SomethingAwful dot com.

It was a long day at the conference my friendo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

What's the best version of FF5 these days? I took a look at the Steam version and found the 'revised' sprites to be a big negative.

GBA version on an emulator probably.

nuru posted:

How brutal do you think the O3S sand phase will be? Random aoes? Horrible death if you go the wrong way? Tonberries chasing you with knives? Quicksand?

Sandworms everywhere.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Considering adapting the Susano fight to D&D 5th ed for the group that I'm DMing for. Any good ideas of how to do it? I'm considering making the blade block an endurance check that gets harder over time, but everything else is kinda up in the air. I don't even know if this is the right thread for it or if the D&D thread is better. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Incorporate a tank swap mechanic somehow so you don't have one player spending endless turns doing nothing but blade block because your only option being to roll an endurance check while everyone else gets to gently caress about would get old imo. Have Susano obviously target a particular player for each block maybe?

E: also get good at the cup swap thing and do it for real right there on the table

I was thinking of putting in the EX debuff so if the same guy tries to block the second blade he just gets wafflestomped.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There's a new sheriff in town

AND SHE'S HOT STUFF

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Agreed. The color selection on that glamour makes me jealous.

Thanks! It's Rhotano Blue on all the blue bits, everything else is just default colours.

Gun: Ala Mhigan
Head: MCH AF2 goggles
Top: Archaeoleather top of gathering/crafting
Gloves: MCH AF3 gloves
Bottom: Kudzu trousers (level 64 gear)
Boots: Gazelleskin? boots (the level 60 SB vendor gear)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

You've got those the wrong way around friendo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man these MCH changes are much milder than I hoped and might even be a small nerf. Sucks too because I just got the Susano gun. :( Guess I might have to work on a different alt class.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

we got a maoi statue for the please calm down house! not only does it keep a watchful eye on our neighbours, it has also enabled roof access

eventually even i managed to get up there, long after everyone else!

also congratulations to xaph irongauntlet for being first on the roof and being decorated with the official PCD title of "best at jumps"

As the #1 best Omega jumper I also nabbed a few screenshots before finding out that DCing on the roof puts you back on the ground:

Looking down on the poor and desperate is fun.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Help I can't stop giving myself makeovers.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thundarr posted:

I never did understand why they named that track Battle Theme 1.x when it is the battle theme for Final Fantasy 2 :v:

In Heavensward areas, overworld music plays continuously on a loop. For Stormblood areas, they went back to having music then silence then music, which is a shame because the overworld themes are *really good*. On the bright side, the silence doesn't last for long before the music track starts playing again, and the music tracks themselves are much longer than they were in ARR zones.

Another thing that they started doing in Heavensward (and continued in Stormblood) is that many/most dungeon music themes are variations on the music theme of the overworld area they are connected to. It's kind of a neat touch and works very well in most every case.

I believe the dungeon music trend actually started with Keeper of the Lake, which has an amazing remix of the Mor Dhona theme and is my absolute favourite dungeon music ever.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

vOv posted:

It also has my favorite boss theme out of any dungeon.

Whilst I am glad that I got the Silver Tears roll I am sad that a Primogenitor roll does not exist.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Our EU goon static forgot to get an O1S killshot last week so here's ours from this week with our two new recruits:

(Rom is hiding behind his staff)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Some days I punch, some days I kick.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's a tie between my wind-up Susano and Ghido. Both ridiculously cute.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why is the animation for Shoulder Tackle a gut punch and the Steel Peak animation a shoulder tackle? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

At this point I think it's Yoship loving with us MNKs.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hi all, this is your new weather girl Xaph.

I'm predicting cloudy skies.

WITH A CHANCE OF KICKASS.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Grimace posted:

As soon as Ninja can wear a scouting set made after this healing gear, I and a billion other people are going to Assassin's Creed up the place. God I need this now.

It's the level 68 vendor top, I know the tank gear looks very similar/the same, don't think the DPS one does though :(.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

just did the keeper of the lake for the first time. upon hitting the boss i was told mid battle i needed to tank one dragon far away from the boss and the other close to him

after the dungeon i looked it up and that checked out, but i couldn't find information on why i needed to do that

anyone mind filling me in? mostly just curious

Every time I've run that dungeon only own dragon was ever alive at one time. Don't think I've ever seen both at once.

Edit: vvv derp, totally misread your question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The A11 theme makes me laugh because I always mishear "entropy" as "anchovies".