Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Where's that post that tells you where to unlock everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Has anyone heard anything about them patching the cheese strat for O5S ghost phase? Some people have been saying they are patching it tomorrow but I haven't seen anything official

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

Is there a list anywhere of the bis items for each of the jobs?

The nerds are still crunching numbers

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Alder posted:

Does everyone just PF their Ex-primals? I thought about it but you know my life is p stressful enough. None of my friends play FFXIV and I don't want to join a FC etc.

If you don't have friends and don't want to make friends in the game then maybe an MMO isn't for you

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

troofs posted:

You definitely don't but I'm not going to grind 2 weeks worth of mendacity for a chest piece with secondary stats so bad that it's barely an upgrade to my 320 chest
Secondary stats are so far behind primary stats that I seriously doubt this is going to be the case

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

troofs posted:

Agree to disagree I guess, especially since I'm not the only one who is annoyed at how lackluster the gear is :shrug: I'd much prefer to get gear progression going on other classes that actually have real upgrades with their gear.

all of this talk about secondary stats has me wondering: Are there any kind of updated stat weights anywhere or are the ones on ariyala still the best we have? Are the old weights still accurate at all?

Stat weights were never really that accurate. Stat tiers are all the rage now.

I don't know what that means it is just what they keep saying on the balance discord. I just let nerds run the numbers and come up with BiS sets and use a basic priority system leading up to BiS

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

NachtSieger posted:

So how do you all do hotkey binds, like actual binds and not the skills? I play on keyboard and due to my hand placements I find it a bit difficult to reach farther past the numrow 5 and still be able to move around with WASDQE easily, and it feels not that great to only have access to half my bar, and no configuration of buttons I can think of is going to let me access the back half in a way that won't see me randomly activating things when I don't want them activated.

I bind mouse buttons to alt, shift, and ctrl and then can pretty comfortable hit 1-5 and rarely 6.
A few lesser used skills are bound to ctrl+shift 1-6.
Then I've got three more mouse buttons and G and T bound as well

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

They should make home ownership more realistic and have your pipes burst and ruin all your stuff every now and then

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Locke posted:

I know some folks in my FC still do it occasionally, but the problem is getting 48 people into a thing a roulette doesn't shunt them into. Just about anything that isn't patch-current has this problem just filling 8 or 24, forget a 48-man thing I wouldn't be surprised 2/3ds the player base doesn't even know exists.

I can confirm I didn't know it existed

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Samurai is the most responsible wizard. My samurai can also be a black mage or a white mage or whatever and use magic but he chooses not to.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

You mean aside from the part where he creates giant shards of ice and stuff?

Playing with swords is so cool that it creates ice out of the moisture in the air

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Zack Ater posted:

I was using the large gig when spearing for Ichthyosaurs, and veteran trading the prawns away. I switched to the small gig for the shadowy node. The first time I got said node, I got two HQ quest fish and some other stuff (I veteran traded the doman bubble eyes.) The second time, I got 5 NQ quest fish. The third time, I finally got that third HQ quest fish. I have a HQ 67 rod, and my gear is all 65-67, my stats were more than enough for getting the node bonuses. Unless I missed some action that increases HQ chance when spearfishing, I don't think there's anything else I could have done?

e: on the bright side, I guess I got quite a bit of exp out of it...

That quest sucked and it took me a really long time too

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I think that quest took me 3 cycles, first cycle I forgot to switch spearheads, second cycle I just had bad luck.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Jesus maybe I should give those a try, at least I'm not that bad

There is no reason why anyone shouldn't try any of the normal omegas

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Dr Snofeld posted:

What is the stat priority for Samurai? After getting it to 70 I found I like it a lot and am switching mains from DRG.

Here is what the math nerds say https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RPFyGutCbaARPIaJ5BM5-cTETedDMagnLiYkdfU0a04/edit#gid=512087865

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The static I'm in is looking for a BRD/MCH. We're working on Kefka and have been to enrage a few times so we should be starting God Kefka soon. We raid Tues/Wed 8pm-10pm EDT and Fri 9pm-11pm.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Wait WHM is stealth dps? That's interesting to say the least. It's great how quick we get into dungeons with me playing healer though.

Everything is a dps

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Wacky Delly posted:

Rabanastre dropped 330, same as o1-4. My guess would be 350 and 335 from the 4 man

O1-4 dropped 320 which is equivalent to 350 this round.
Rabanastre dropped 330 which is equivalent to the unaugmented tomestone gear at 360

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

Samurais will be getting a simple buff to their DPS. Multiple combos will be buffed and a "certain action" will have an enmity reduction added to it. Monks will also have an enmity reduction added to a certain ability.
The concept is "using it when necessary, instead of it being automatically in your strongest rotation".
Wonder what this will be, I can't think of anything where it makes logical sense for SAM except maybe on that healing ability that I don't keep on my hotbar

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Do they usually make upgrade items available via hunts with this patch or do they wait until the upgrade items are worthless in the following patch?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

Mythic Logs (the current ones that can be traded in for Lost Allagan twine/glaze) were added in 4.1, so yeah, the new mark log should let you get Ryumyaku twine/glaze.

Sweet I never have to go in dumb O7S again or wait 4 weeks to do alliance raids to upgrade my stuff

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Is the weekly limit on Savage not being lifted with this patch? Isn't this when it is normally lifted?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Vil posted:

I file troubles with miscellaneous sidequest prerequisites under "problems for people without pattern recognition skills" (very low sympathy) or "problems for people very new to the game" (a bit more sympathy, but it's not like they're lacking in content to do whether it's new or not). It's not like this patch is the first time new content has been gated behind things like that.

The rest of us just shrug, clean out the map of all misc sidequests in advance during I'm-bored moments (gently caress wibbling over ~saving them for exp efficiency for future jobs~ when roulettes are as good as they are), and have it be a non-issue.

Personally when I'm bored in the game I just go find other games to play or something else to do instead of doing mindnumbing quests

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I think 4.1 or 4.2 ended, like, an hour early? Not worth writing home about, and it won’t end before the weekly reset in any case.

Also I’m running out of jobs to level. SAM 69 (nice), then WAR and MNK sitting at 30, then I’m free from my completionism until I get serious about crafting!

SAM looks cool by the way. It might even be viable soon?

SAM is super cool and fun and good. More people should play SAM so that my FF logs %s get better.

I cleared O8S as a SAM and our party also had a MNK and BLM. Meta is just dumb poo poo nerds like to obsess over. Every job is fine

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Impermanent posted:

where do you go to learn about rotations and things for this game? I want to get a feel for how complex combat is towards the middle and end game.

The Balance discord has nerds doing math to find the best rotations, just look under the pinned posts in the job specific channels.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Now I'm curious -- what's the worst possible composition?

For DPS probably SAM/MNK/BLM/RDM

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I guess I have to finish the 4.2 MSQ now :smith:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Philonius posted:

Third time now I had to abandon a 24 man because they just couldn't clear the 3rd boss.

It's not even that they fail simple math (although half the raid reliably does) , but they die by droves to the other mechanics too, so either the whole raid wipes on the 3 minibosses or its just a slow death by attrition with the boss at 70% hp.

Guess I'll just give up on getting a 370 upgrade token for a week or two, so the thickies can slowly get used to simple questions like 'what is 2+2' .

Don't try to run alliance raids after Tuesday or maybe Wednesday.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

HenryEx posted:

Quick, what do you need to add to 61847 to make it divisible by 3?

You have 8 seconds.

Just do modulo in your head, the answer is 2

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mymla posted:

No, the answer is 1. Digit sum.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

how do people using legacy controls do the part of o8s where you have to backpedal towards where Kefka is teleporting while staring at the statue?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Nessus posted:

Two questions

1. I'm a scrub, what do I meld onto gear for DRK
2. Is there a way to transfer the game files onto a new PC to avoid having to re-download everything? I know you can save your settings but if there's a way to transfer all these huge files full of catgirl panty textures, that would be swell.

You can copy the folder and get your settings too.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Monk will keep getting better as more Crit becomes available, at least until some mythical point where they crit on every single attack.

The same can't really be said for Sam and Sks. My opener is already a bit janky at 2200ish since I'm left delaying a second while I wait on a buff to finish recharging. It gets really weird if somebody throws an enhanced Arrow at me (<1.7 second gcd).

Adjust your opener

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Maybe when there's another several hundred sks in the next tier (rip my TP bar though). For right now it's more an issue of either wasting one Sen by finishing a combo while I'm already at 3, or delaying by one GCD for Hagakure to come back off cd before finishing the combo. I guess I'm not enough of a tryhard to redo my opener muscle memory over just that.

If you are doing the normal 3 sen opener I think you can switch your last meikyo from gekko to yukikaze and be fine. It is not 100% optimal but it is a lot better than delaying a gcd or delaying hagakure and it is only one button change

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is this still accurate

This is what the math nerd discord says:
If your sks is lower than 1633 use this: http://ffxivrotations.com/17ou
If it is above use this: http://ffxivrotations.com/1g8x

The biggest difference is using a Yukikaze instead of a Gekko during Meikyo

If your ping sucks you can modify those to remove the double weaving, this is what I use and I'm a try hard
Sks < 1633 or fights with a gcd of downtime before Midare: http://ffxivrotations.com/1lv7
Sks >= 1633: http://ffxivrotations.com/1lv6

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Eureka is good.

Source your quotes

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ouhei posted:

I've never completed a relic and always regretted it

Never regret this.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Between the Yokai event and the MHW event, we now know that special events come to FFXIV because "YoshiP is friends with and went out drinking with <insert developer name here>." What this tells me is... someone needs to get YoshiP to be friends with Yoko Taro.

Someone stop him from drinking with Tanaka anymore so dumb poo poo like Eureka stops happening

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The bombs + chakra spots + missiles is really fun when people are stuborn about their spots.
I had a group where I was NE chakra spot but one of the ranged refused to move from NE bomb spot, having to move from NW corner to NE chakra while avoiding the missiles which are of course hidden inside the boss is lots of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Old gear should remove trade restrictions so people can have an easier time playing dress-up but current gear (lighthouse gear, tomestone gear, sigma gear, and savage gear) shouldn't