Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The Balmung quarantine is a feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

eat my rear end o12s we beat you finally wheeeEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee

:toot:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Veotax posted:

You can currently launch the launcher without doing it through Steam by going to the install directory or making a shortcut. Once this goes into effect you won't be able to do that anymore and will have to launch it through Steam.

That's all.

From what I understand in order to launch it you will have to connect to Steam's auth servers. When ESO made this change people started regularly being unable to log in at all for days at a time because Steam's auth servers are garbage

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Live Free posted:

I know theyre doing maintenance tonight, but is anyone else unable to log in? im getting "the lobby server connection encountered an error"

They're doing maintenance all day

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Here's a new pic of my catgirl

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

khysanth posted:

Pretty sure I'm going to transfer to Excal. Are there major pros/cons between the 3 goon FCs?

DGKK is the top ranked fc on Excalibur, so we are objectively the best

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Givin posted:

I'd sacrifice a raid tier for more glam chest slots.

I'd sacrifice the entire glamour system for more raiding :colbert:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

remigious posted:

I just resubbed last night, I’m a wow refugee. I have a level 31 black mage, but I hardly remember how to play this game and everything seems overwhelming. What should I do first to get back in the swing of things? Just follow the main story quests?

Join one of the goon FCs if you are on Excalibur.
Move to Excalibur if you aren't already there

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Here's a new pic of my catgirl

I shouldn't have tried to drive home

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CruzerZERO posted:

Regarding the second one, I know you mentioned that it's against EULA. Does that extend to mods, if there's any to this game? I haven't really bothered to check for any since the game has a more laid back feel for me compared to WoW's dungeon mechanics but now I'm curious to know more.

Active Combat Tracker (ACT) is the main third party tool people use. It is completely against the EULA but tons of people use it and you'll never get in trouble for using it unless you talk about it and someone reports you.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

You could not live with your raid performance.

And where did that bring you?

Back to me.

I'm excited for raid for the first time in a few weeks. Hello World looks like some poo poo.

If everyone can just learn the 2-4 variations for their role for HW then final is easier than the door imo

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Speaking of statics, if there are any midcore (~3 nights a week, 2-3 hours a night, clearing content during the patch it is released or shortly after the midcycle patch) statics looking for a DPS for 5.0 let me know. I'm free any night except Monday between 7-11 EST. I mained SAM this expansion and MNK for a while in 4.4 as well, but I haven't decided what I'll main in 5.0 yet. I'm somewhat flexible based on group needs.

Edit: on Primal

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Splash Attack posted:

i've beaten final fantasy fourteen

You're still at least 11 ilvls short

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'd pop up a PF saying - Selling healer queue for <dungeon name>, 50K gil - or whatever. Has to be local server but always filled up fast.

Doesn't even need to be the same server anymore :ssh:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Blast of Confetti posted:

Can I make a macro to change my finisher depending on what combo I'm using? Having all my tank combos on one face set but needing to have the DPS finisher on a separate one always kind of messed with me

What you want isn't really possible anyway but in general don't use macros with combat GCDs (or oGCDs in most cases). They are really bad.
In normal combat you can queue up your next action while your GCD is still on cooldown. Macros can't do that and it ends up being a significant DPS loss if you use them.

Especially don't try to macro multiple combat GCDs together. Macro steps can only be done in multiples of 1 second but the GCD is not a multiple of 1 second so you will lose crazy amounts of DPS trying to macro multiple GCDs together.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

gonna poo poo my pants over people enforcing job restrictions on PF farm parties

yeah i bet that paladin is real critical for suzaku ex

You are dodging a bullet. These are usually people who think the reason they can't clear content is because the group isn't meta enough when it is actually because they are garbage

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

Oh whoops I read June and not July :shepface:
Memorial Day is in May

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Chaeden posted:

No. Though I have been asked to go faster before and attempted to do so. There are really just an amazing number of assholes out there that even if you go 'Could you please not run ahead and start every fight? ' and immediately double down on being a rear end in a top hat. There are dick tanks out there too which is why despite wanting to level and enjoy monk I don't. I've had too many tanks who the moment they see a monk on their team start running circles around the enemies so I physically can't land any positionals. And at least one I said 'Could you please try to stay a bit more still I need to land positionals as monk.' and they started moving more and dragging the monsters around the area we were fighting. This was a early game dungeon there weren't even AOE's to dodge.

I approach people nicely at first, if they keep being a massive dick I'll return the favor to them. And boy do I find so many of the poo poo bags. I've already recounted my stories of healers who went into Phantom Train and DIDN'T play, just let the first AOE kill them and sat there until the raid was over to win a piece of loot. Or the time once again in phantom train where I had a honest healer who refused to cast anything but Medica 2 and healed less then my fairy......or the phantom train with a guy who was a gladiator and said he did it on purpose(had his job stone and several other jobs maxed. Chose to enter as gladiator. So its not even the guy who hates the jobs for....some reason.)

I thankfully get plenty of runs that are fine, but its like 1-3 times a week I get someone who just doesn't loving care or is actively trolling. There was a run where I was healing the burn and the tank asked the Samurai to stop running ahead to start fights. The Samurai's response was to only auto-attack for the rest of the dungeon which I only noticed by the time we got to mist dragon. I just assumed he was playing sub par before to be a dick but no, only auto-attacks. I was almost sad that me and the tank were good enough to clear without him and his buddy that kept actively standing in the aoe's.

FYI it is just a game and it is ok to not escalate a situation. Escalating is just making everything worse for everyone

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Leal posted:

My dude, let me take you out to a beach. After that we can go clubbing.

If you aren't 21 yet I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy's cousin that can set you straight.

It's almost like it's creepy to have a race of warrior women running around in skimpy clothing akin to swimwear constantly :thunk:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Rastan Beeza posted:

So which Jobs are goons most/least excited about based on just the showcase video/fanfest talk?

It's definitely made me want to try out a bunch of jobs in ShB, although I've used WAR the most, it's the one I'm most meh about to level for ShB cool factor wise.

I like my fell cleaves, but it doesn't even register on the radar compared to shadow stand.

Two words: double midare

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

SAM needs fewer buttons to be a little more controller-friendly. BLM still the controller king.

What is your setup like? I play SAM on controller and have enough space to include shinten twice and still have things fit comfortably but I have macro to swap out a few skills in and out for AOE situations. I can post my setup in a bit.

I have third eye, seigan, and merciful eyes on the back bars but I'm used to where they are enough that I can pop them almost as easily as my front bar skills. In Savage content I try to merciful eyes as much as possible to avoid pulling aggro from the tanks, letting them chill out in DPS stance is going to be higher rDPS than seigan over shinten.

This is all irrelevant in a month though :toot:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

SAM needs fewer buttons to be a little more controller-friendly. BLM still the controller king.
Here's my controller setup for SAM:

Shinten is on both my main bars in the same place so I can spam it easier
Macro 2 at the top swaps the AOE combo for Feint, Goad, and Merciful Eyes and Macro 1 swaps back to this.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

anyone have a good write-up on what we know about dnc so far? or how it will play?

You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Scholar will not have the healing output to keep people alive if they're serious about increasing damage in EX/Savage content.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I can read numbers, and either they're lying about healing checks being harder (in which case why gut healer damage and buff options?) or SCH is going to have huge trouble keeping up.

Has anyone from SE actually said they intend to increase damage/healing checks? I've only seen people speculating that they would.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1134611776438325248?s=21

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CuddlyZombie posted:

Ivalice and Crystal tower are good ways to do throwbacks. I hope eden is more of that and less of Omega

The Omega story was no more fanservice than Ivalice and the Omega story was more enjoyable

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Firstborn posted:

The way the Famitsu interview went, sounds like this is the last expansion. I hope not. I just got here. :ohdear:

There is a 0% chance that this is the last expansion

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hunter Noventa posted:

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers: First Shard Problems

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers: New shard who dis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Nice