Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
First game of 40k in ages for me next week. 1000 points, gonna bring nids. Is this list alright, or will it be easily countered?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Tyranids) [66 PL, 999pts] ++

+ HQ +

Broodlord [8 PL, 162pts]

Hive Tyrant [10 PL, 185pts]: 2x Monstrous Scything Talons, Prehensile Pincer Tail

+ Troops +

Genestealers [12 PL, 180pts]
. 15x Genestealer: 15x Rending Claws, 15x Scything Talons

Genestealers [12 PL, 180pts]
. 15x Genestealer: 15x Rending Claws, 15x Scything Talons

Termagants [6 PL, 52pts]: 13x Termagant (Fleshborer)

Termagants [6 PL, 52pts]: 13x Termagant (Fleshborer)

+ Heavy Support +

Carnifexes [6 PL, 94pts]
. Carnifex: 2x Monstrous Scything Talons, Thresher Scythe

Carnifexes [6 PL, 94pts]
. Carnifex: 2x Monstrous Scything Talons, Thresher Scythe

++ Total: [66 PL, 999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

This is incredible! Kind of wish I hadn't seen that, because that is so beyond my skill level it's upsetting:cheeky:

I'd go with BT speakers, as they should be easier to work with.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...2e0ef02deac4ef4

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I picked up Robot Girlyman and been working on painting the model. Not steady on the rules, but can I take him as a LoW and makr him my leader while the rest of my army is another chapter than Ultramarines?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I might be am retarded, but I have a hard time seeing any difference between Sigmarines and Adeptus Custodes models.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Are all FW models finecast? I recently assembled a few (GW) Necron HQs in finecast, and it was a terrible experience.

I kinda want to buy a FW Leviathan dread, but if it's finecast I'd rather carve one out of wood or something.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I bought two Doomsday Arks and a few Destroyers second hand, and realised I'm a bit short on flyer bases. Is there anywhere I can pick up bases for these models?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

goose willis posted:

Trains are the one unit type I feel is missing from Warhammer

This hobby certainly needs more people on the spectrum.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Groetgaffel posted:

Actually, while I'm on the topic, :siren:Cooked Auto:siren: didn't you live somewhere in Sweden, or am I crazy?
Any other Swede ITT? Pipe up if you want to maybe slam some hams some time.

Norwegian here, but my inlaws lives in Västerås. Going there this Christmas holiday, at least, so open for Christmas hams.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Going to babby's first tournament this saturday. My army is 80% painted, and I am excited to play something else than my buddy's Chaos cheese FW army.

I'm bringing a mix of normal and bigmarines, a few tanks and a squad of Adeptus Custodes in a Land Raider, lead by Inquisitor Greyfax. Not much unit spam, but I'm bringing a 10 man Hellblaster squad backed up with a lieutenant, captain and ancient as my firing base.

When you go to no-stakes tournaments, do you run into a lot of WAAC, or could I possibly run into some other chillhams?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Babby's first tournament went well.

First game was vs a chill guy who played Alpha Legion. Close game that ended with me getting full score after I tabled him in round 5.

Cool. I'm getting seeded with the winners. Next up, AM. Sounds like fun, as I've not played much against AM before.
The dude brought 2 Shadowswords and a Baneblade. The rest of his army was psykers to buff them and a few heavy weapon teams, plus some deep striking plasma dudes. I wasn't really prepared for this much armor.

Round 3 I played an Ynnari list with all 3 characters from the Ynnari box. He miscalculated the range on my Hellblasters, even though I told him it was 30" before the match. The dice were also not in his favour at all. The next time I fight space elves, I'm focusing shuriken cannon infantry more than I did this time around.

Ended in 3rd place. Not playing against anyone that brings more than one Super-Heavy ever again.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

My first shot at a Salamander dread. The rest of my SM army is painted purple, but I will start using the Salamanders scheme on all the new ones. It's a WiP, but I am happy with the result so far, considering I got zero artistic genes in my body.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I pretended to buy a lot more stuff than I do. I told them I miss Mordheim and that I want more female models.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
If you're not a huge Guilliman fan, Salamanders MSU is also a good alternative for shooty SM.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Partial Octopus posted:

I'm looking to get back into playing 40k and I'd like to build a Salamanders army. I'm looking to be competitive. Does anyone have a list they could share? I'm just trying to figure out what models to get first.

The salamanders rule is one reroll hit and one reroll wound per squad. I like running at least 3-4 5-man tactical squads with Lascannon because of this.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Ork chat: what units should I pick (buy) if I want a proper orky kult of speed army? As far as I can tell, the only HQ on a bike is a warboss?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Milotic posted:

There’s currently no model for it so it won’t be in the Codex unless they release a model for it as part of a rumoured three way Armageddon campaign this summer (massive pinch of salt suggested)

How do you build a Kult of Speed list, then? Lots of Trukks, and fill them with infantry?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Played a game of Necrons vs Alpha Legion today, and they are really hurting from the lack of Codex. I messed up a bit in my deployment (meaning, I didn't have anything to screen for my warriors so I got turn 1 charged by Berserkers who stratagem deployed at 9"), and got nearly tabled by the end of my opponent's second turn. Really disheartening, but at least I still got my Space Marines to fall back on if I actually want a shot at winning.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Artum posted:

So I had a couple of rematches with that dark angels army of 30 heavy hellblasters under azrael and a darkshroud that annihilated me on wednesday.
Hellblasters are probably the most amazing primaris unit. Every game I've played with them is decided on wether or not my opponent decides to focus them down first.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Uroboros posted:

The predator has just fallen out of favor for me as an Ultramarine player. Lascannons just come out as to expensive or to delicate on almost anything I take, or are to easily tied up in the case of vehicles.

I am actually leaning towards picking up a Contemptor or two with quad Lascannon, simply because they A) Hit on 2s B) Have an Invuln C) Can fall back and shoot at a 4+, and D) Can stomp some bitches when they get caught in melee.

This seems to more than account for the price different.

Lascannon Contemptor is Forgeworld only, isn't it?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Pendent posted:

If you aren't giving your Custodes the guardian spears simply for the cool factor I don't even know what to tell you.

Two shields and the rest spears. You are putting them in a land raider anyway. :getin:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Entropy238 posted:

Now that I’ve got a solid base for my army, I think I’m going to rotate between buying two weaker units for every good unit I get so I’m not just following whatever the meta is.
If you plan to buy weak units, make sure that you like the models. For instance, I run with a vindicator instead of a second predator, because I like how it looks.

If you end up buying and using sub-optimal units in your army, have a plan on how to and when to use them. Don't just run with a million Assault Squads because they are bad (actually, use Assault Squads because they are a really cool concept).

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Does imperial terminators have any use at all right now?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm thinking of them as a Dark Angels heavy support detachment alongside my Wolves, so needs to make up 3 squads. It wouldn't be that much more expensive to make them bigger squads, though.

If you're just looking to fill HS slots, you can always run two minimum sized Devastator Squads without any special weapons, just regular filler marines. That's 65 pts each.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Bombogenesis posted:

Everyone should buy a Badcast shirt because they are hella comfy. That is all.

Gonna buy one and burn it.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I'm trying a soup list with my salamanders, and need some input.

Celestine
Custodes Allarus Captain w/ Praetorian Plate (Warlord)
2x MSU Storm Bolter sisters of battle
7 Sisters of battle with Storm Bolters
Vexillus Praetor w/ Vexilla Defensor

Librarian on bike
Captain w/ jump pack
2x Plasma incinerator Hellblasters
Devastator squad, 3x Las, 1 ML, 5 regular marines
Primaris Ancient
Predator w/ 4x Las
Sternguard Veterans w/ special issue boltgun
Company Veterans w/ Storm Bolters

The plan is to drop the Sternguard, Company vets and Captain to soften up infantry blobs. Maybe with the Custodes terminator too. The hellblasters, devastators, ancient and vexillus form a death star together. Librarian goes with Celestine to try and remove invul saves.
Sisters cap objectives, Celestine goes full frontal, and if she gets tarpitted the Terminator Custodes can teleport to her.

I might have a bit too few anti tank units, or is 7 las + 1 ML enough? The predator will draw most of the enemy's high damage shots.

Thoughts on the list?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Does Armorium Cherubs take a spot in transports?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Artum posted:

Pretty sure its still covered by the model and their wargear not existing if they aren't on the table, like the relic isnt in your list its on that particular dude.

iirc, you can use it to roll for stratagems used before and during deployment too (extra Relic stratagems, teleportation chamber stratagems etc.).

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
What exactly does the SM chapter master stratagem do? Does the character in question give all <chapter> units "reroll misses", or what changes? I can't seem to find any info anywhere.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Artum posted:

It exchanges a captains rites of battle ability "you can reroll hit rolls of 1 made for friendly <chapter> units within 6" of this model" for the chapter master ability "you can reroll any failed hits rolls for friendly <chapter> units within 6" of this model" and changes their keyword from captain to chapter master.

Thanks. Where can I find the full rules for this stratagem?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Artum posted:

The stratagems page of codex space marines, its one of the few good ones vanilla marines have though it makes up for it by being so damned powerful.

Thanks. So if I am to attend a tournament, I can decide before the game starts, depending on what I'm facing, wether I'm upgrading my captain or not? Sounds good to me.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Foul Blightspawns should do pretty well vs shield captains.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
The Gangs of Commoragh (?) game is also good value for DE models.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

kommisar posted:

Have to remove whole models where possible. So if you put 1 wound on the team the next wound would also have to go there. I’m not next to the rule book but I’ve never seen it done any other way.

Just to be clear:
I assume the same goes for Celestine? If she has taken damage, you have to keep putting wounds on here even if both her Geminae ressurected?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Deep strike beta rules question:
Can I still use C'tan Shard of the Deciever into my opponent's face?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Got to take my newly painted Necrons for a spin last night. Played against my buddy's chaos army.
Wraiths are strong, but I need to paint up 3 more for a squad of 6.
Tomb Blades are cheap and great.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 6, 2018

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
The Eisenhorn books are really enjoyable. Convince me not to make/buy a Deathwatch/Inquisition army. :ohdear:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
If you got an inquisitor on the table, you can use Dominate on knight characters. I usually just use that power to try and force overcharged plasma suicides, but using an opponent's Heavy 14 relic against their own army is amazing.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Killer_Bees! posted:

Holy poo poo that beautiful... would this work with Genestealer cults too?

I don't know the wording of the GSC spells, but I'd guess so.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Stopped listening to the badcast once they showed their IGNORANCE by not knowing the difference between top hats and fedoras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Taking knights, witha mix of sisters of battle and =][= for a spin tonight. My friend is bringing his lone chaos knight together with his legions, and I am curious to see how this works out.

Are Deathwatch veterans with chainsword and storm bolters as great as they look on paper? Backed up by a watch master, they're 40 rerollable bs3 shots wounding monsters and infantry on 2+, with rerollable 1s depending on your tactic. A 10 man squad + Watch Master is only 330 points, and you can easily deep strike them for 3cp.