Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Spent the morning gluing circa 650 rivets onto my Morkanaut having last night cut a 1mm rod into said rivets.

The weapons and KFF are magnetised and the arms can be posed. Now to finish the base and get it painted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

drat son. That’s really cool.

Sanford posted:

This is phenomenal. How long has gone into it so far?

Thank ye. I would estimate that I have spent a week working on it on and off as I jumped in with minimal planning. More people need to post conversions of this model as there were no ideas I could steal.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Some good looking Nids have been posted in the last few pages.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How much do ork boyz cost?

Is there a reason that tyranids / guard don't do the same thing?

T4 for orkz is helpful suppose.

Because Tyranid and Guard find it easier to win legitimately. You could probably put more models on the board with either army - though moral may be a problem for guard.

I was watching a game on WarhammerTV and saw a Nurgle player use a similar style to smash a Dark Eldar player. He had a bunch of plague bearers which held a bunch of objectives and refused to die. They walked up the table to sit on objectives and were never removed. He then deepstruck some bloodletters on a flank which charged in to clean up a few units and also sit on objectives. This allowed him to score 10 points on turn 2. I think the game only went to turn 3 and the Dark Eldar player couldn't kill enough to take objectives.

Infantry heavy armies can be a hard match up in tournaments as I suspect there will be lots of anti-tank and not so much focus on anti-horde.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 15, 2018

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Where does the time get wasted? If it is in the movement phase this could be timed. A timed player turn runs into the problem of either player dragging out saving rolls etc. Perhaps you should need to complete a certain number of turns over the course of an event to have your points score? This prevents a player being consistently poor to play against.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

fashionly snort posted:

those are actually really cool

Agreed.

Talking terrain, I am not surprised the LGT wanted to create new terrain pieces. With the changes to cover lots of terrain pieces needs a rethink if they are to be little more than decoration.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Corrode posted:

That's one of the better ones. Some are uncarved, unpainted polystyrene.

Wow, do they have any other type of terrain like MDF buildings? It reminds me of the games I used to play with my brother when we were kids, using whatever poo poo we could find around the house to use as terrain.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Finished these up a few weeks ago but never got around to photographing and posting these. Here's the command team for my Rainbow Warriors: Chapter Master Arcus Pluvius and two Lieutenants

I love these guys so much.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Walkers incoming:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

One_Wing posted:

Either all of the following need a 1 point hike:
Guardsmen
Cultists
Boyz
Kabalites
Fire warriors
Termagaunts
Bloodletters
Plaguebearers
Tsangors

This opinion is very wrong

One_Wing posted:

Or all of the following need a 1-2 point drop
Space marines
CSMs
Dire avengers
Guardians (maybe)
Rubrics
Death guard

This opinion is right. Power armour is over-priced. Cheaper bodies all around with a dash of tanks for flavour.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I am not surprised the Ork codex hasn't dropped. They lack a bunch of models for options in the index. Hopefully we see a bunch of flash new plastic.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

I predict some poor financial decisions in the near future.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Watching two largely static armies shoot one another is boring. That relic flamer looks brutal and all of the 2+ damage, mid to high strength multiple shot guns makes me look at multi-wound infantry models and question their use.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Floppychop posted:

Though a new bike kit might mean options for Warboss/Big Mek/Painboy on bike and it might be less than $45 for 3 bikes.

Look inside your heart, you know this to be untrue.

I wonder if they will release the Ork boyz/nobz at a different scale. I can't see why they would release a new trukk/bike model.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Booley posted:

This is called terrain and deployment

In addition to their models, a wise player always brings a few large terrain pieces to mitigate against losing first turn.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Hixson posted:

You aren’t wrong. Directional wound allocation was good and it was dumb to remove it. What a shame the guy with a billion gaunts sometimes won’t make it into combat

A terrible opinion.

Are people who have problems with large groups of units taking enough anti-infantry weapons?

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Harkano posted:

Seconding that skin being amazing. Mind sharing the recipe?

Lots of lotion

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Bosses:

Painboyz

Weirdboyz

Mekz

Odds and ends

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

Next goonmeet we should both bring our chariot bosses and figure out some racing rules :D

It's on.

I have a desire to make a unit of chariots using my spare squigs (counts-as bikers). I have too many bikes as it is but the heart wants what it wants.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

SteelMentor posted:

She's got bare feet.

One for the leg grogs.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
If you are considering spreading the violence from Nazis to "similar to Nazis"; why not look at the conservatives in the UK whose policies on benefit sanctions are eugenics-lite. Their policies have the natural consequence of causing the deaths of and degrade the quality of life for many of the most vulnerable in British society.

Still, violence is not the answer unless it flows from the state and follows due process.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This is a general question, but what is the minimum range you find to be "good" for weapons? I think 24" seems like a decent cutoff because it can shoot over 2 turns against stuff coming to charge it. Plus 24" can reach decently across the table against other shooty units.

12" so I can then charge you. Works both ways.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Miles O'Brian posted:

Am I done? Am I just going to keep adding stuff to it forever? Am I ever going to be able to take passable photos? Only time will tell.

Want to make it obviously Orky but keep the essence of what it once was. Decided to go for the shoulder plates in the end but cut them back and made them scrappier. Its made up of a bunch of sub-assemblies with articulation so the pose isn't final. Thinking I need to integrate the KFF better at the back of the unit

edit: brb dusting my desk

I love this. Orky knight conversions are the best.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I can't image any army has trouble killing infantry even hordes. T3/T4 with a 5/6+ save simply requires volume of fire. Not taking the volume of fire is a choice.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

EvilBeard posted:

The biggest problem in my mind is forward operatives. Being able to deploy 120 cultists 9" away from my lines and then delete all of my troop units because they're already in rapid fire range is absurd. If they had to slog them across the battlefield, it wouldn't be so bad.

When they tried to "fix" deep strike, they made it so it was half power level, not model count. Now they can just deploy 120 models wherever they want pretty much.

The gimmick is the issue not the horde.

EvilBeard posted:

The most efficient killer of lovely hordes is your own lovely horde. If you go second, you don't have your best weapons against them.

I can't think of an army with no efficient horde killers. There is no need to change the weapon profiles of anti-tank weapons to make them efficient at anti-infantry as well. You will end up paying a generalist tax and new problems will emerge.

Booley posted:

It's great to fail at list selection time for the crime of "wanting to play space marines" in an edition that is increasingly controlled by hordes and volume of fire.

Marines need a buff or a points drop. I prefer a points drop. Hordes of marines v hordes of Orks would be fun.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 15, 2018

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Badablack posted:

Could put your troops in rhinos, it’s worked pretty well in the past. 150 cultists might kill a single transport, if they’re lucky and all in rapid fire.

Rhinos are rather expensive and useless. Could you not put vehicles in front of the infantry to push back infiltrators?

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Booley posted:

Precision assault with good assault units is entirely viable. Basing an army on pure assault with no shooting at all isn't very good, and assault marines are utter garbage. These are entirely compatible thoughts.

Sounds like Orks. I was getting 30 strong mobs of Stormboyz into assault turn 1 and I killed surprisingly little. The fear factor gives me board control which allows me to take all of the objectives.

I think assault marines should have 3 attacks base. gently caress it, let them chop poo poo up.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

Finally finished my bigly knight. It was much more exhausting than I thought it was going to be. All the weathering was a bitch.

Castellan Knight FEMC #2 Left "Green Devil".

Holy poo poo that is good.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

susan posted:

Test fitting bits on a Titan leg. Think it needs more bling, other than a forward gun mount and LEDs in the windows?

Its very dark so I cannot see how "3d" the build is. My contribution is that you need to remove those toe like appendages and bulk them up significantly. You need to use strips of card/plasticard to add gothic style structural elements. I have included a really lovely example below:

At the moment it looks like a cube with items glued to it. I don't know how committed you are but be careful of burning out on a large project. A whole smaller titan is better than the leg of an imperator.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Milotic posted:

Don’t be a dick about people’s kids. It’s not on.

Same.

I made a lizardman army out of coloured paper origami once so I know hamming without funds.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Some really good picture have been posted. Nice work goons.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

R0ckfish posted:

Lots of armies still get reroll 1s, but it would be nice if plasma overcharging was actually a choice instead of automatic as it is now for some armies.

But why would an Ork ever choose not to overcharge?

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's red so it makes your brain go faster.

Looking forward to re-painting all my Boyz red so they move an extra inch.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

For_Great_Justice posted:

I like in the article it points out the new claw boss buggy is an hq that can keep up with fast stuff. Not like they have a boss on a bike codex entry. I get its to push the stuff but is the claw thing just replacing the warboss completely?

I expect so as they don't make a model for it. Biker bosses, meks and painboyz should be available in the index.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

For_Great_Justice posted:

I will certainly be using mek an pain bikes codex option or not. A 5++ to trukks, buggies, bikes an trikes that can keep up with them is a no brainer. An about the only invul you can get outside of mega armor. A new mek bike or pain bike model set would be a no brainer though to create an sell I would think.

Given the size of the buggies, it may be difficult to keep enough within 9" to make the cost of a biker mek worthwhile.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Lots of loving conversions: - you have been warned.

Battlewagons:

Conversion using the Ork Battlewagon as a base with Tau gubbins and a scratch built Kannon. This is by far and a way my favourite model.

This is plasticard. Built to the same size/shape as the official wagon.

An old landraider conversion before the official model (I think).

I can remove all of the Deffrollas but why the gently caress would I?

Trukks:

All based on the latest trukk chassis

Deff dreads:

These are conversions using the old metal dread as a base. An original is there for scale. I tried to bulk them up so that they fit in with the new Dread.

These are converted Blackreach dreads. I cannot take credit for all of the conversion, the body of the dreads was work carried out by someone else who sold me them and I bulked them out and further converted the legs.

Mega dread:

The arms and chest plate is kustom.

This is a gorkanaut but was originally built to be a mega dread, only I got the scale wrong, dead wrong...

Da 'jets:

Converted from a Tau tank (I used the engines with the battlewagon conversion above).

Converted from a fireprism, I think it looks like poo poo apart from the Warthog inspired chain-gun.

Buggies:

Lock up your Landspeeders otherwise they will serve the Waaagh

Converted old-mobiles.

The purple buggy was built from bits from the trukk kits I vandalised above together with bits of a Tau rail gun. The red buggy uses most of an old Gorkamorka Trukk.

Bike Bosses:

Using WH squigs together with a chariot built from random Gubbinz from the Trukk kit.

Using parts of a Landspeeder, Deffkopta and a Blackreach Warboss.

Mostly a Deffkopta with a Blackreach Boss.

Bik Mek's jet-bike is made using pvc pipe, green stuff and Deffkopta bitz.

Other HQs:

Mostly greenstuff work on a pair of Nob Legs I had left over from making Nob Bikers.

Nob Bikers:

Very old, very bad pic.

Jet bikers: converted old-school bikes with more modern riders:

Boyz

Converted to be using chaingunz rather than your average shoota. More Dakka.

Cybork Boyz, basically where I had Orks with serious damage and I decided to improvise.

Looted tanks:

Elites:

Tankbustas

Kommandos

Burnas

Lootas

If you go this far, you have too much time on your hands so go do some konvertin.

Also, everything you have just witnessed is now completely worthless, thank you GW.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 23, 2018

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Badablack posted:

Some more conversions. Starting to scrape against the older stuff.

Zombie with a Shotgun Boomstick

Another seven tomorrow!

Nice work.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ork boyz are apparently one point more expensive. Commence wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Codex ruined, thrown it all in the fire.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

xtothez posted:

Would have helped if they'd made a SKIMMER keyword too rather than lumping dakkajets into the same category as zoanthropes

From a man who plans to run a few tractor kannons, I like things just the way they are. FLY is a good key word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

It's hypocritical to say this but the one universal truth and forums that posting about posting sucks.

The thread sucks as do all who dwell within.

Post models:

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 12, 2018