Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

xtothez posted:

Barbed goes up by 2pts net due to the scytal points changes, Scythed is down by 30, Harridan down by 38.

It's worth noting that while the Hierophant went up by 10%, nearly all the equivalent or bigger titan units went up by 30-60%. Warhounds are now the same points as a Hierophant and not as good, Warlords have gone from 4000 to 6000. Looks like a pretty straightforward way to take titans out of ~2k tournament lists.

Celestine is 200pts in the leaked pics. The guys on twitch earlier must have been drunk or something.

Oh, I was just shown the 420 base with a laughing face next to it.
They are still kinda bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

xtothez posted:

I'm actually considering using a Scythed Hierodule again. Honestly the main thing separating them from Knights was the lack of invuln, but we have a few extra ways to mitigate that now.

I've also been checking changes for other armies and have been finding it kinda hilarious that everyone else's massive units are getting points hikes up waaaay more than Tyranids for once. Most titans are up by at least 30%, Thunderhawks and Tau'nar armour doubled in cost, and all those FW greater daemon characters got sizeable increases. Pretty sure GW don't want folks bringing all this poo poo to competitive games.

Eh, its still kinda lukewarm garbage instead of hot steaming garbage.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

So here is a question, what can actually use the pheromone trail then, that doesnt already have a deep strike ability?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Farecoal posted:

What's the largest legal vehicle in the entire game, out of curiosity?

Define largest, manta has a huge wingspan but the warlord has more mass I think.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Hamshot posted:

Despite setbacks, agony, drawn blood, never receiving the package with the lighting system, being the biggest little bitch about it in the slack :siren: Toxx complete!:siren:

(cultist for scale)

Lacrimas Rosa, or the Bloody Rose, Legio Oculorrhexis, Forgeworld Meninx, a warlord titan aligned to the Warmaster.

Travels with the word bearers, so the corruption has already begun.

Fully magnetized and with a system for interchangeable weapons for every option.

More pictures, including some detail shots, here.

This needs to be seen here in all its glory.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

We're dumb idiots who like hams a little too much. :shepface: We also have nothing better to do than try to get each other banned.

:same: I'll eventually get modivated enough to finish my project.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Boon posted:

Is anyone pretty familiar with ITC rules?

I had a tourney today (2-1) where my loss was a game that ended on turn 2. If the game had gone to 3 I would have very likely tabled my opponent. it was largely my fault, only 4th game in 2 years, we started slow, and I just didn't know my rules well enough and spent a lot of time looking them up.

Anyway, a friend informed me that in ITC games which do not go through turn 3 are 0-0 ties. Is that true?

Its something that has been put into place by SOME major events but is not part of the base ruleset.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

That was way worse than I remember. Like I remember the stalking but not "you can play with my models"
Which reminds me of a few weeks ago on the local FB page, a guy was looking for a "casual game" the standard around here is 2k for 40k, so I ask if that's okay with him but he's super insistent on it being 2500, he also offers to let me borrow his models. Which is kinda funny because I have more impulse than sense and have waaaaaaaay too many models including a poor deprived warlord sitting in pieces on my work table. The following week I decide to take him up on his offer, I had a funny but terrible idea of a bunch of Tyranid warriors, gargoyles, and broodlords I wanted to try.

Never again.

It took 4 hours.

Dude played at a glacial pace, now while I'm used to tournament play and wasn't expecting him to match that kind of pace what I wasn't expecting was the first turn taking so long, and oh god the salt. I didn't realize how hilarious broodlords were in combat, I had an idea but daaaamn. It ended up being one of those games where I skipped things just to get it over with. Never again.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

So what other goons are out here at LVO?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Naramyth posted:

Tony also never got past 2 in the entire event. He slow plays and the only reason he played faster in the final game is because of the judge standing there.

He is a piece of poo poo.

I'm also a piece of poo poo nobody who went 1-2-1 And dropped because I didn't have any skin in the event to hang out with all my friends in Vegas. It was a much more enjoyable time. My last game was against 300 orks and spoiler we didn't get past turn 2.

Oh god, one of our local guys was playing nids/cult/guard and had to help him deploy when they played.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Irate Tree posted:

He doesn't rush to the enemy to meet his end. The enemy must end themselves on him.

CoughIronCagecough

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Groetgaffel posted:

Perturabo is a goon.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

I like the Tyranid form of CP reclamation, things that eat brains let you spend a CP to gain D3 when they kill a character. So you actually have to do something to get it.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Death to the supreme command detachment.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/MobRulesJon/status/976342135120191488

This is why I can't have nice things.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

They did a seminar the night before at LVO, a couple goons went to it. Honestly it's probably just a second edition of AoS.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Oh my god you seem to be legit mad about this? First people criticise 8th in another thread and you're so angry about it you have to retreat here and crosspost it for backup or something, now we're all little bitches

:thejoke:

Have you seen the winning list from Adepticon? Have you been paying attention at all? 8th is basically formation hell that 7th was and its got there in record time. Armies aren't in any way interesting any more its just optimised spreadsheets. Don't make me post the shield captains again. People not being able to see or admit this and instead getting mad as hell is very good.

90% of the issues with 7th were formations and the codexes. 30k strips all that out because its rooted in 5th/6th :ssh:

This unit must Sweeping Advance

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Death to Supreme Command

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

kommisar posted:

It was a lot of fun besides the last game of the friendly against a dude that had played in the championship the day before and who got super mad when I started to beat him. I saw he marked me a 3 out of 10 for sportsmanship and when I asked him about it he got all flustered and said he was mad at the format and extra stratagems we had to use and it wasn't me, even though he was rating me

This has always been by biggest issue with sportsmanship score, it's nice in theory but sometimes just turns into a saltmanship score, it's not like you can control yours or your opponents dice, or their mistakes, or that you can actually play the game.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Templates are poo poo and promote metagaming far far worse than any imaginable random hit number generation system. Hth.

Wait what?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

So I decided to catalog my mental illness collection and gathered everything up and took pictures.

30k Iron Warriors

30k/40k admech

Tyranids

Whole album here with some closer shots
https://imgur.com/a/w3Jzl

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Booley posted:

Have you tried painting your loving mans? I guess at least your IW are semi painted because you picked the legion almost as easy as necrons to paint.

Nope, painting is for people who cant win games.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Uroboros posted:

I don’t understand how this happens.

Me either to be honest. Years of expendable income.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Anacharis Scoria posted:

Orks used to have the Lifta-Droppa and Knights can throw vehicles around right now.

panascope posted:

Orks used to have the Lifta-Droppa and Knights can throw vehicles around right now.

Safety Factor posted:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Pendent posted:

Holy poo poo your avatar :laffo:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Who would waste effort?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

NovemberMike posted:

You know what's silly? Custodians don't have a mop option. When I think of a custodian, I think of mop, not spears.

GW how could you do this to my verisimilitude.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/mobrules/works/26303536-jeff-the-custodes-1-custodes

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm one of the only people that doesn't want Mechanicum to come to 40k. I loving hate FW resin and don't want to have to supplement my 40k poo poo with the overpriced FW stuff. Part of my fear is that they'll delay any future 40k releases for AdMech because of the 30k stuff available.

Dont worry, its probably never going to be published at this rate.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

SRM posted:

Eat the pizza hat, MSP

TTerrible posted:

MSP eat the hat

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

As a slow and lovely painter, thanks for killing what little will I could manage to actually try and finish stuff.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Naramyth posted:

I've been slow played a lot and the wosrt of it was not getting past turn 2 in Vegas to some 300 man Ork garbage.

Should have played 30k ZM on a table made of cups.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

That was us. A multi-national cadre of 30k goons descended upon Las Vegas to drink, play Shadespire, and lovingly craft a Zone Mortalis board out of plastic cups on an empty table.

It was a good time. We're hoping to manage something a little better-planned next year. And by that I mostly mean drunker.

Also TTerrible should actually bring the mdf board he swore he was bringing right up until the night before.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Like this whole shitshow wont sink attendance in the future. Lol

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Giant Isopod posted:

I don't suppose there's any chance the knight codex is going to update the Forgeworld knights, or that they'll do their own re-balancing?

I've always loved the look of the lance and shield one.

This is coming from a major heresy and forgeworld fan who has way more resin than sense.

Hahahahahahaha.

We havnt seen a single thing from FW since 8th started besides one FAQ and a points re balancing in chapter approved that wasnt even them.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Walker Weekend.

Need to fix the magnets on those leviathans

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Yeah, I was looking at Ryza too as a possible Forgeworld so I can go heavy on the plasma. I’m not super thrilled with the idea of being Mars or Stygies because, despite their obvious effectiveness, I am a silly tech priest and like the idea of trying to play a less common Forgeworld to keep other players on their toes.

I used graia to great effect at our state tournament last weekend. The trait and stratagem are really clutch when it counts.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

What kind of list did you play with? I don’t want anything in depth or like that, but any kind of direction would be helpful! Like I said before I have two start collecting boxes painted and modeled up, so right now I’m debating what to buy next. One of my friends plays 1000 Sons, so Graia would be a viable option for me to play as!

I used mine as backup for my knights, just with a dominus, enginseer and a bunch of infantry. With the get started dunecrawlers with the neutron laser give you excellent anti tank. I prefer vanguard to rangers just because of volume of fire and those 2 damage 6s can add up real quick.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mef989 posted:

Is it me or will the Forgeworld knights love this?

There isnt a knight that wont love this, that extra speed matters when you only have a few models on the board.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

NovemberMike posted:

I dunno, it doesn't really seem worth it. Knights still advance D6 and move fast (12-14") right? It still feels like the better wound profile will be better if you want to keep your mobility.

Depends entirely if you are going questoris mechanicum or imperialis. Going mechanicum means you can benefit from canticles and the like. Plus who knows how they are doing the stratagems/relics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A Warlord Titan is OP until you find out it costs 4000 points.

Its been changed to 6000 in chapter approved.