Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Since May 15th, 2012, millions of people have been playing the hack & slash action RPG that has attempted to redefine the genre it created almost 25 years ago. This game has come a long way from launch and there is barely anything left of launch D3 outside of the release character classes and tile sets.

:siren::siren::siren: NEW & RETURNING PLAYERS :siren::siren::siren:
~The talented community pillar WolfCryer has created a series of newbie friendly guides to help explain the myriad game systems present in Diablo 3, these are also perfect for returning players who might be lost with all the new game mechanics.

Classes
The game is experienced through whichever class you are playing as. Diablo 3 launched with 5 classes and has added two through DLC.

Barbarian:

Demon Hunter:

Monk:

Witch Doctor:

Wizard:

Crusader (Launched with Reaper of Souls expansion on March 25th, 2014):

Necromancer (Launched with Rise of the Necromancer Pack on June 27th, 2017):

GAME MODES:
Softcore vs Hardcore:
Softcore is the classical gaming experience catering to all players. Hardcore is a separate gameplay mode that partitions from your softcore account, so things like gold, GR's unlocked and transmogs do not cross over. Hardcore means that your character can only die once. This dramatically changes many playstyles and regardless of your opinion on whether or not all deaths must be 'fair', there is no better way to improve your diablo 3 abilities than to learn the ins and outs of your class in high level GRs.

Campaign Mode:
LoL

Adventure Mode:
This is the meat & potatoes of Diablo 3. Diablo 3 consists of 1% leveling to 70 and 99% grinding resources to improve or replace your gear. You'll need a wide assortment of crafting mats to min/max in this game and so you'll need to get to know these different activities.
  • Bounties:
    Each of the 5 acts of the game spawns 5 randomly generated quests. Completing all 5 quests in an act rewards all party members with a bounty cache, and each act has unique materials, so full clears, often split between 4 people, are preferable.

• Nephalem Rifts:
    Dungeons that scale in difficulty where normal loot rules apply, scaling up as difficulty increases. Base Diablo 3 ended up with Torment VI, Reaper of Souls added Torment X, and we currently can set it up to Torment XVI. This is the only source of Greater Rift Keystones, and the best way to gather the essential Death's Breath crafting material, and the bulk of your speedfarming will take place here.

• Greater Rifts:
    A streamlined (or stripped down) approach in which loot is factored out, leaving you the ability to maximize your bone-crunching, body exploding skills. Ascend to the highest levels and attempt to place on the Leaderboards with all the greatest poopsockers, botters, and chinese account farmers in the world!

• Challenge Rifts:
    From the 2.6 Patch Notes: Explore new builds by other players in a weekly static dungeon! Each week you can try to complete a Rift using a specific, pre-determined class & build. The prize is the equivalent of a TVII Bounty Clear, give or take, and can be claimed on your Seasonal Character for a huge early game boost.

• Echoing Nightmares
    From Season 26/27 Patch Notes: In the Echoing Nightmare, players will experience an intense, densely packed, increasingly challenging event that stretches their ability to stay in the fight as long as possible. Our vision for Echoing Nightmares is to be a fun bonus activity, like the Vault, that serves as a good source of loot and Augment materials.

Game Systems:
  • Follower:
    There are three followers you can choose between for solo-questing to best maximize your performance, and in fact many endgame builds rely on them. These characters can be fully customized to augment & assist you in solo play at every level of difficulty.

• Crafting:
    There are 3 crafting NPCs in Diablo 3. Your Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Mystic are backbone of your mythical game of demon-smashing dolly dress-up. The game is an endless cycle of indentured servitude as you grind your flesh and bones against the unceasing millstone that is the demonic hordes in the hopes of perhaps a shinier buckle on your shoes and maybe a fresh bee for your bonnet.

• Kadala, Blood Shards & You:
    Bounties, Rifts, and Goblins can provide you Blood Shards, the gambling currency of Diablo 3. Calling Kadala sexist names because the RNG didn't give you what you wanted is sad and gross, don't poo poo up chat with this kind of talk. In general, it isn't worth it to gamble for amulets or weapons, as the time=/=resource cost makes upgrading rares faster after a certain point, but she will poo poo out setpiece items and the occasional clutch ring with regularity.

• Kanai's Cube:
    The saving grace of Diablo 3, Kanai's Cube is available from the Reaper of Souls Act III Zone, the Ruins of Szechaun Chicken. The cube allows you to mutate crafting materials into virtually any type of item or resource in the game, as well as improve your best existing equipment. By breaking down legendary items in Kanai's cube, you can equip up to 3 additional legendary powers beyond the armor on your back. This broke every build wild open the moment it hit, and the game has really blossomed as a result.

• Legendary Gems:
    Each time you complete a Greater Rift, one of 30+ Legendary Gems can drop for you. These gems possess incredibly powerful effects and can be leveled up by completing Greater Rifts to push your build to it's highest limit. Every End-Game build requires 3 Legendary Gems slotted into your rings and amulets, so sockets for these items are mandatory.

USEFUL LINKS:
https://maxroll.gg/: a website put together by high level streamers and community leaders, this offers the most content complete Diablo 3 resource online.
D3Resource.com: This handy-dandy resource guide for Diablo 3 contains a plethora of valuable checklists and calculators that allow even the most casual of Nephalem to take their characters to the dizzying heights of high-end gameplay
Icy Veins: A Blizzard-oriented fan site where many high-end GR grinders post their builds.
Diablo Fans: A fan site that acts as a community hub for the game. Most builds are posted here.
Kadala Minimum Level Chart: a resource for planning the earliest levels to gamble for key build items.
Difficulty Index: this shows you the differences in Exp., Loot, and Monster stats between difficulties
Ye Olde Range Chart

Major Streamers//Community Leaders:

Bluddshed: YouTube\\Twitch
Deadset: Youtube
Dropaduski:Youtube\\Twitch
Rhykker: Youtube\\Twitch
Wolfcryer: Youtube\\Twitch
sVr: Twitch
Bigdaddyden76: Twitch
Leviathan: Twitch
Discobear: Twitch
Wudijo:YouTube//Twitch

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
:siren:Season 27 Start Date:siren: : Friday August 26th @ 5PM PDT/CEST/KST

Blizzard posted:

Looking to turn the tide of an unremitting war between light and darkness, the Angels of the High Heavens have embedded a token of their righteousness in Sanctuary. Cunning Nephalem seeking an advantage in combat will undergo an angelic trial, crystallizing a symbol of their morality into pure, otherworldly perfection. The specific celestial force imbued within by the divine is unknown—an answer waiting to be sought on the battlefield. Go forth, Nephalem!

Season 27 introduces Light’s Calling, our new seasonal theme. Valiant Nephalem who recover Angelic Crucibles, a new consumable item, may use them to Sanctify any equippable Legendary item, infusing it with one of three new class-specific powers at random. We wanted to use Angelic Crucibles to lean into the expertise of each class, further exemplifying its respective prowess, but through a nuanced lens. The High Heavens are home to ethereal splendor, bursting with boundless radiance—we wanted to provide players with a taste of untainted power as doled out from Heaven itself.

Haedrig's Gifts
  • Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
  • Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
  • Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
  • Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
  • Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
  • Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
  • Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements

Nintendo Switch Diablo 3 Goons:

Bust Rodd posted:

SW-5002-8050-9746

Suburban Dad posted:

Edit: in for diablo budz though SW-3528-9774-7197

Vic posted:

we can be diablo buds SW-0424-0008-8915

Meridian posted:

SW-6111-9281-4057

RodShaft posted:

Switch me...
SW-0430-8912-2720

Russad posted:

based on another diablo thread pretty sure my code is 5307-0485-5998

External Organs posted:

Super stoked to goon up on switch in a few weeks.
SW-4984-2928-8765

Barreft posted:

7329-3822-6987

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Aug 27, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Serious question because I haven't played since RoS first came out:

Are the highest levels of play still only accessible to a very particular set of gear and skill loadout for each class? I hadn't played around with the cube, but I thought that was suppose to open up a lot more options.

Yes & No. If highest levels of play is TX-TXIII and high end GR, then yes, many builds are viable.

If you have true tryhard aspirations and want to hit the highest possible GRifts, then this chart is probably gonna bum you out:

I'll add this to the OP because I feel like this will hold true until a patch drops.

Thoughts on 6 hours of Necromancer play:

Rathma's seems like even with all the items it feels like old (bad) Zuni and Golem doesn't feel like it's doing anything even on low torments.

I have 5/6 Inarius and Bones, too bad everyone wants Pestilence.

Shout out to BaneAndy in HC Clan for being a great PLVL bro, and Shoutout to Bikini, Peck and AngelofLoki for running like 20 TXIII vaults last night as a quad stack of Necromancers. What an amazing gear share, we basically all got a 6 pc out of it.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 28, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

mewse posted:

I think that chart is missing the buff to impale DH

Yeah it's dated March 30th, so this was in preparation for Season 10, so I guess we've got new HPS since then, but I can at least confirm that even on HC, Raiment DuoGen is preposterously auto-pilot since you basically can just hold down M1 and still be playing at 90% efficiency.

What builds do you think he got wrong? Reminder that these are for Solo GR, no groups.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 28, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Necromancer seems to have the same problem Sombra and Orisa had on release at Overwatch. Rather than release a fun broken character, then release an under tuned character in the hopes of buffing them. This leads to a lot of lazy designs making it past the editing room.

I can appreciate that they didn't want the new necro to be hands free because that isn't really engaging gameplay, but it's honestly too spammy. Summing 8-10 mages every encounter feels like a chore, I want dudes that show up and hang out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I put seasonal stuff in the 2nd post.

I have all 4 sets now and they very much all need another pass, EXACTLY like when the Crusader dropped. I want Speedfarm pestilence to work but I am so bad at Diablo. I like Rathma's playstyle actually because i have no emotional connection to the D2 Necro it feels great to have some nominal control over my dudes.

I want Trag to be fun and I have an Infinite blood nova explosion build but it does like zero damage =(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I've been playtesting with Inarius Jewelry. I swapped from my middle of the road Traveler's Pledge with Kriysben and Unity, but now I've swapped to wearing unity, kryspens, Johnstone and then the +5 bone armor stacks amulet in my cube. At TXIII and GR 65, I felt that while I really didn't notice a difference in my damage, I felt like the bonus stacks from my bone armor offset the loss of the traveling damage reduction enough that I wasn't dying, but not enough that I didn't notice a big increase in incoming damage.

Johnstone is weird, because i feel like its effect will be more appreciable at higher greater rifts. Where I'm at right now is I pop LotD, then spam lance on an elite without cursing or bonestorming it. I get like 40-50 stacks and then run around, but I dont really know how to do the math to figure out the top end of the janky jewelry build vs. the tride and true pledge. How exactly can I best compare the numbers? Despite Johnstone being clunky, it does make your LotD more engaging and less of a "push to win" button

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Necromancer Stuffs:

PestiLANCE:
I think I have all the items for this build. I have 6 pic with 3 ancients, Ancient Corpsepoop gloves, cubed the red Lance shoulders... and I can barely scrape through T6. Can someone post a video of how this is supposed to work? I thought it would be just me running around like a Locust WD, hands-free corpselancing everything but it seems like you are actually spamming bonespear and then the corpse lances don't really seem to impact anything? I have devouring aura up but Rhykker says that optimization means that you could just put Devour//Cannibalize on Numlock for a better effect?

Trash-Ghouls: this set sucks and the fact that the best Blood Rush build is Inarius Speedfarm is a crying shame.

LoN: all of our items look cool, but like DocSerrod was saying, why do we have 2 helmets/shoulders/pants/gloves/boots but only 1 belt and no bracers? Why is the bone armor amulet not a belt or bracers? It's really hard not to wonder how they are making LITERALLY every single mistake they made at Crusader launch all over again. Agree that the Thorns stuff seems egregiously tacked on without implementation, what is the point of tanky pets without a taunt?

Rathma's: as I've said, I mained Druid in D2 and have no fond memories of Necromancer armies so I actually like this build and feel like it's the one thing this class does better than the Witch Doctor. With 6pc/Jesseth/EndlessWalk/Krysben's I can comfortably farm TX-TXI with almost no deaths, so I imagine once I get the all-important Evol Nailuj Rimg TXIII should be within reach, but grinding for a single ring is like the actual worst part of Diablo 3.

Inarius:
Ok, what's the face transmog where you have a gemstone and redstripes on your face? So far my only complaint with Inarius is that the Necromancer's Transmog options seem garbage. I dyed all my Ina armor red (looks AWESOME with the gold bones) but all the hats and hoods look dooooofy and none of the scythes seem, we, um.... wicked enough? So I'm using the Tormentor.

With a few more weeks of practice I think I could easily steer a Rathma's or Inarius Necro through HC seasonal.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey I'm gonna add a section on top diablo 3 community leader streamer types. Does anyone besides Bludshed, Deadset & Rhhyker deserve to be on there?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Getting your perfect CD-R permahorsey AND having the CDR so that Bombardment perfectly syncs up with the physical CoE boost is like pure diablo Harmony

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is it literally nerfed to death or is just "great" instead of "tremendously OP"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
YES!
Devouring Aura, Command Skeletons, Bone Spikes ~ Impact, Skeleton Mages ~Singularity, Frailty and I used bloodrush metabolism, I was aceing T1 with no gear.

Use skeletons and bone spikes to stun folks, dump all essence into singularity mages and they will melt elites.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 9, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
And would one shot anything during leveling making them as someone said an IDEAL pwr leveling item.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 9, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also most of us have between 1-50 Puzzle Rings in our non-season stash and just went ham. I probably ran near 40 vaults in the two days after Necro dropped, and by then I had the resources to kit myself out.

Also a lot of us have like 800+ paragon so it makes it so we can force ourselves through harder content earlier.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Akhan's+Torvald's+Sages is absolutely worth it. You can clear 80-100 DB in a good TX rift in 2-3 minutes. Compare that to the 50-60 you could hope to get from a TXIII rift, it's just good for farming. I have had similar results with Tal Rasha.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also big streamers are still using Mirinae for speed farming with Inarius. It's not worthless, it's just not obviously broken anymore.

REMOVE BANE OF THE TRAPPED FROM THE GAME BLIZZ p&Ty

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Guys, please call it BloodPets.

"I play Trag'Ouls... wiiiiiiith Peeeeeets"

Vs

"Hey dude what is your Necro build?"

"BLOOD PETS"

"Oh geeze man, that's badass! What about your offset?"

"BONESTORM"

"Geese that's so tough and manly! Do
You speedfarm?"

"PESTI-LANCE"

Ok Necromancers are cool and good

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It was nerfed down to only being able to faceroll TXIII, instead of GR95s or whatever.

So Bluddshed says that you can gamble the Corpse Explosion Gloves and the Skeleton
Mage ring at lvl 1. My gaming internet is down until the season hits, can anyone confirm? The gloves I watched him do on stream but I haven't seen anyone get the ring yet.

Might make farming for it way easier, is my hope.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rhhyker makes a pretty good point about the limpwristed probations Blizz handed out, since the impact of it will be felt by a relatively small number of people and doesn't incentivize not using exploits in the future in any way, and honestly pushes people who want to play fair out into the cold.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Pastry Mistakes posted:

So what should I be rolling for first as a necromancer?

at lvl 1 you can roll for the Corpse Explosion gloves and the Skeleton Mage Ring

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Trapped at work for a few more hours, wondering what to do next.

I have my 6pc Tal Rasha & Starfire. I feel like I don't need to farm RORG yet because I have no Vyr's yet. So what should I do? My plan was to farm Nephalem Rifts for Bloodshards and Griftstones until I have 25-30, then probably by then ill be ready to farm A1 caches until my RoRg drops. Any other Wizards wanna weigh in?

Conflicting Reddit reports says 24 is still too low to roll a Manald Heal at Kadala and that it wont drop until 27, anyone weigh in on that?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can someone explain to me how streamers speed through TXIII Rifts as a Manald Wizard without dying? I have all the gear, all the variant gear, and I sit at 58-59 CDR, In-Geom, etc and feel like sometimes I get momentum going and my double stack will waste a whole GR 55 in 3 mins but other times I just die horribly over and over and don't really know how to defend myself.

This is my first season playing softcore after 8 seasons of HC so "learning to not die so often" is a different lesson, and I never play INT classes in HC because I feel like it's to easy to just pop like a balloon.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Here is my Wizard. I have In-Geom instead of Aether Walker in the cube, and I have Bloodbracers equipped. My equipped Starfire is bad, but I do have 2 ancient Starfire in my stash waiting for my first gift of the season.

Basically I just copy/pasted the build from this video by Dropaduski but i'm realizing now from reading your comments:

A) I think Blizzard is only useful for 4 man groups and I'm dumb for not equipping Frost Nova instead. I seriously don't understand what this skill is supposed to do for me outside of adding a Tal's stack, maybe someone with 4-man experience can shed light.

B) Equipping Frost Nova will empower my Ancient (Ancient) Parthan Defenders. Will this make them more useful than Ashnagarr's Blood Bracers?

C) Static Discharge is great for melting mobs down, but I feel like I'm way more vulnerable and resource dependent than when my Hydras did all the work. Why did Hydra's fall out of favor with all the top streamers? I have a Sparker for my cube.

I went through all my duplicate Tal'Vyrs and cleaned up a bunch of stats. I feel like only my boots and pants are really trash, and obviously a CC/CHD Manald Heal will replace my RoRg if I ever get one.

For the OP, I added all my favorite streamers. I'm thinking of linking Wolfcryer's returning player's guide and the "Returning to Diablo 3" reddit thread because they both do a great job of explaining everything since the Auction House got pulled. I am also going to add both of Bluddshed's goblin farming videos because they are awesome and they have really helped me find a bunch of mats easily. I still haven't gotten a Rainbow Goblin since the stealth buff, and I haven't even seen a bandit shrine in like 3 seasons. Any other resources were throwing in the OP?

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 25, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"Well I've already put 300-500 hours of my life into a game I bought for $60 3-5 years ago... but I wonder if the additional $15 will really be worth the potentially hundreds more hours I will put into this game."

*spends $15 on cigarettes and Mountain Dew, consumes immediately*

Aside from that, Necromancer is arguably the most powerful class in the game out of the box and Corpse Lance is the actual best skill in the game, so by any metric, yes it's worth it.

Anyone going to on tonight around 1 AM EST trying to do the TX boss rush conquest? I already have 5 Billion gold so Avarice doesn't sound like any fun at all, and I crushed the Tx in 2 minutes conquest with some goons in like 3 fishing attempts.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Virtue posted:

15 bucks is a lot of money to some people ok. Check your privilege

It costs you $10 to post here so this is probably not the point you think you are making.

No one is saying you should go hungry or skip your bills for Necro pack, but if you already like the game it's kind of a no brainer.

Bottom Liner posted:

I don't smoke, drink dew, or play stupid int classes :colbert:

Stash

Tabs

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 27, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The belly-aching over set dungeons has always been overwrought, but now that they have been patched every class has at least one total faceroll dungeon and if you can't finish it in 30 minute of trying just google "X Class Set Dungeon Team BRG". I havent tried any of the Necro ones, but Vyr's, Immortal King, Invoker, Inna's and M6 are very doable with basically minimal effort.

Yeah they were extremely poorly implemented at first, but I also spent the last 4 seasons fishing the RNG enemy placement, so now that you an see mobs on the map from the beginning only the most bullshit ones are worth complaining over. Helltooth and Tal' Rasha are stupid because the hitbox on the rockworm is totally bullshit and like the above poster said, your poison isn't a different color than the demon's poison. Just look up the easy dungeon, cube the gear and do it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Eh, dog doesn't drop off until post T6, if they're just running T6 with friends then big dog will be tons of fun. I remember the WD thread when that ring was every endgame build's lynchpin and we were all just like "Yaaaaaaaas queeeeeen" the whole time

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey so this is my BloodPets Necromancer. I'm curious about itemizing for ASPD. Does Tasker & Theo put me over some line where I'd be better off rolling Attack Speed off of my gloves/ring/scythe or do I just want to stack it high as a kite? I'm loving that this build runs almost ZERO CDR and between Devour and Command Skeletons I still feel like the build is pretty active.

It's also fun running around with almost 2 million health and 500,000,000 toughness.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok so I've basically got this worked out.

• Fresh Level 70, in all yellows, with appropriate starter build: Torment 1

• 2 PC Set Bonus: Torment 2-3

• 4 PC Set Bonus: Torment 4-5

• 6 PC Set Bonus: Torment 6-7

• 6 PC + Jewelry OR Support Items: Torment 8-9

• 6 PC + Jewelry AND Support Items: Torment 10-11

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Lvl 25 Legendary Gems: Torment 12-13

• 6 PC + Jewelry//Support Items + Legendary Gems + Augments: GR 70+

Unless anyone thinks I'm way off I'm throwing this in the OP.

I have questions about Attack Speed and Pets. I have Attack Speed on my Scythe, my Gloves and a Ring. obviously the ring should be CHC/CHD but does having any attack speed matter if you have Tasker & Theo in the cube? This is regarding bloodmages. I want to know if those are all wasted rolls now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just meant that in general I see a lot of people asking about where they could and should be based on gear and I think that's a pretty good "If you have X, then you should be cruising through Y" type of thing. obviously in a game with 28-35 different TXIII viable builds that won't be a hard and fast ruling, but I feel like this holds true for 2-3 builds across each class.

If anyone has a handy master file of CDR/Critical Hit/Attack Speed breakpoints by class I would loving die to have that handy in some sort of convenient spreadsheet format.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Nuebot posted:

I usually just clear it unless it's complete garbage because more loot is always good, I might get a decent upgrade or get some death breath so I can pray for an ancient upgrade.

Yeah but the idea is that the loot will be literally exactly as good, but you'll be contributing to another RG, so more blood and GR keystones. It doesn't make any sense to check the next floor because that has the same chance at being a good floor as a fresh rift, but without the benefit of building up your RG meter.

Clearing anything except Graveyard, blood swamp and super jail is just not as efficient as starting over, full stop

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I understand that Hydra's are bugged but the "Let your Hydras cover your fragile rear end" playstyle works so much better for me than the "Pray for In-Geom proc or die horribly because the floor spawned 3 Yellow Mobs next to the door instead of a Blue Pack" that I don't really care, and also the Hydra stealing your proc beoomes a total non-issue if you just teleport away from them, c'est non?

I tried and failed three GR 70's with In-Geom//Aether Walker before cubing a Serpent Sparker and finishing with 4 minutes to spare.

This has been my first softcore season, and I'm convinced now that Hardcore Witch Doctors and Wizards must be aware of some fundamental mechanic that I must utterly lack because i just don't understand how you can climb with an Int class and not RIP immediately. This bizarre mechanic might simply be "Patience" but I at GR 70 with my Tal Vyr's wizard, even with Force Armor and Deflection I feel like every single attack from every mob one shots me, i can't even tell if it's worth to have those on my bar, since I just dissolve if anything so much as looks at me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I feel like Blizzard probably made untold millions off of the AH, not to mention that Diablo 3 is like one of the 10 highest selling games of all-time. It may no longer be a priority, but they made enough off of it that they needlessly kept supporting it until it was good, and now it's great.

Rhykker also really seems to think that Diablo 4 is amassing staff, and I for one am excited to see what kind of mistakes they won't make again.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Boss mode is Not Hard at all even with a teeny bit of coordination

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
And like many things in the game, a few small tweaks would be all you need to bring them up to par. Make Scoundrel actually do real damage, make Templar's effects more substantial, change the itemization and hemming work.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Too be fair it's not like Jay Wilson has show professionalism and courtesy using social media in the past, but yeah tweeting cuss words at dude 2-3 after he left the team and almost all his damage was undone seems weird.

Like we'll obviously never get a patch that makes the campaign not a shameless rehash of Diablo 2's story but with comically inept Disney villains and no resolution, but other than that the game is in a great place right now, it's bigger than Diablo 2 ever could have hoped to be even in it's heyday.

And I'm not coming down on you like the previous posters, I def lolled because gently caress Jay Wilson (also part of the team that ruined WoW) but yeah let's not derail into social media etiquette.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Guys I am digging through leaderboards and every Necromancer is TragLance. Where can I find a good Inarius Bonestorm speedbuild? I'm reading all this stuff about 3 Minute GR70 bonestorm clears where you just let your gems kill everything and I'm hitting a ceiling pretty quick with pets.

Also, does the "Blood" rune for Revive work and make the revived dudes do 3300% more damage or do revived guys have a fixed amount of damage based on what they were? re they 'Pets"? do Tasker & Theo effect them?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have a blind faith but I got a Primal Ancient Defiler Cuisess so I'm gonna try to make that work instead of the hat.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah definitely go with something that's completely unsynergistic with the build

The build I've been using has bone spirit as my single target DPS for RGs and so on, so it's already on my bar, and I feel like something going from 4,000% weapon damage to 8,000% weapon damage seems not insignificant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What? Everyone needs to be present for the boss kill, you can't split them up, unless you mean something else.