Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
The Darkening of Tristam returns!

(I can't remember what it was)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I can't remember the name but the agreed upon best single player mod for d2 remastered specifically isn't updating again.

Eastern Sun?

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

To the previous employee - you are a smart person

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

The Lone Badger posted:

Having seen the success with Immortal, they'll be creeping up the monetising on WoW.

As a WoW slut from day 1, it's pretty much on the edge, as far as they can push it.

The next step is selling items / increased drop rates - and for all it's utter craziness, I think that would be the final straw for the WoW community. It would simply shatter it into two parts, and the people willing to spend money on that poo poo would be a LOT smaller.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah and Diablo 3 is one of the few games I really wanted more content on I’d have EASILY tossed them another $20 for a Druid and a new tile set. It’s like, if I can’t justify spending $20 every once in a while for a game I literally play for thousands of hours then I can’t really justify spending it on anything.

Druids just invite goddamn Furries, who wants their sexy whale money.

Bard class for life.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

I said come in! posted:

Diablo IV will hopefully have a much better main story since the Blizzard old guard responsible for all of the terrible writing, is gone now and outed as the sex pest weirdos that they were. Although it wouldn't surprise me if there is no improvement either.

Lilith: I hate Inarius, but I love him
Inarius: I hate Lilith, but I love her
Rathma: Today's hearing is case 234523562, regarding sole custody of nephalem
Imperius: gently caress I am so pumped

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I said I was going to wait for it to go on sale but I went and picked up the enhanced edition of Diablo 3 today. Now I have to agonize over the class choice until I have time to play

Do you care about being top of the ladder, being able to kill poo poo the fastest, and numbers being your mental lube while fingering your butt? Monk is your best class.

Apart from that, decide if you like being Ranged or Melee, and go from there - enjoy yourself, D3 has been out long enough that it really doesn't matter, have fun! :3:

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

bio347 posted:

There's a line in the quarterly update that I just find fascinating:

Why does being "relatively physical" benefit more heavily from effects "such as" crit? As opposed to which other stats? What are these other "such as" stats, too? What does this mean for stats for, eg, a sorc versus a barb? There's not even part of a picture to take context from, here, just a giant black box.

(Also, they choose Bone Spirit to exemplify these "relatively physical" skills which is... a choice, for sure.)

Well, bones are spiky, so, you know

and they're most critical since nearly everyone has them

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
What do you mean, that was loving easy

(yes holy poo poo it's time to buy a lotto ticket)

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Field Mousepad posted:

Same but I was 14. Nothing about Diablo has ever been scary since then.

I was scared my Mum would come in and see the naked Succubus titties, so that kinda counts :buddy:

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Honestly, if you're not doing numbers that require you to stop and think "was that a Octillion or just a Hextillion?", you're not on my level. Become the calculator you were born to be!

I can't imagine this game with a stat squish, numbers are just our heroin at this point

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Orc Priest posted:

Diablo 4 open world is unfortunately is a little too brown and gray, but fortunately the game looks fantastic in dungeons.

I get why D4's open world is so dreary though. IIRC Malthael killed off the vast majority of Sanctuary. Dude just loving nuked the world and now Rathma is trying to bring balance back into the conflict by reviving Lilith. The cinematic trailer also showed off a glimpse of Inarius so I'm sure he's coming back as well. I thought Inarius was evil though so it will be interesting to see what happens.

He's not evil per se, he just demands complete control over everything and hates the idea of nephilim being stronger than him and beat up and locked away his wife

oh

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

xZAOx posted:

Sorry for the dumb questions - at in laws and all that. But for how much longer do the gifts drop? And did we get any info on wings drop rates (didn't know if maybe Reddit figured it out)

https://maxroll.gg/d3/resources/diablo-3-holiday-event-guide

Event lasts until Feb 5 (woohoo!), Wing drop rate is guessed at 1 in 10000 (accurate? probably)

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Suburban Dad posted:

"Alright guys, here's my pitch. Badass horns and thorns everywhere...with titties."

And some high-heel bone spurs for the foot freaks.
Don't forget them swaying hips!

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Herstory Begins Now posted:

yeah people complaining about that is news to me

People (wrongly) complained because;

a) now had female features, and bah gawd you can't have VAGINAS IN A VIDEO GAME THINK OF BABY JESUS
b) the complete opposite of the rage roid Diablo 2 version, THINK OF YOUR LEGACY BLIZZARD

even though it made 10000% lore sense that the body type/shape of the host would affect the demon version

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

I swear to god, this wheel can read minds

Wizard it is!

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
"GAEM IS DAED lol u deserve it blizz"
"blizz why cant i login indie companie"

edit: stuck on retrieving hero list, maybe it's time for some lunch

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Day 1: "Oh god Disintegrate on my Wizard is just so awesome, who the gently caress needs Haedrig's gift?! Frozen Hydras sound so dumb"
Day 2: "HOLY gently caress MY ICE SNAKES ARE loving UNSTOPPABLE I WAS SO DUMB"

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

RodShaft posted:

To thank my son for getting me the staff of herding I took his switch to work today and got him both the scream and the gift that he needed to finish his altar. I also threw together one of those speed meter builds on his account because he's insane and was using a different button for every single element attack. My old brain can't handle that.

I don't know why RNGesus decided to give me both the things he needed in under a dozen rifts when he's done hundreds and not gotten them, but here we are.

Diablo III: Bringing families closer.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

so I'm doing the staff of herding altar tier on PC after doing it on switch and is chiltarra a guaranteed spawn on PC or have I just gotten really lucky? It took me forever on switch because they didn't even spawn about half the time I got caverns of frost but I'm slightly less annoyed at the idea of doing it again if its a guaranteed spawn. Its still a dogshit chore but I feel like I can at least knock it out in an hour maybe

She's not guaranteed, but it's a pretty high chance (my experience was at LEAST 66%+)

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
It'll be just over 9 years between RoS release <--> D4 release (assuming no delays).
(11 years if you count pre-RoS D3, but really no-one does)

Even if we stay on the current seasonal rewards rotation - e.g next season will be s29 + some of s17's rewards - there's still a long time before we get around to the point of "oh, this is the 3rd time I've seen this season, boooooring".

And, just like we're all praying that the Altar of Rites from s28 is becoming a permanent feature of all new seasonal + non-seasonal content (although I'm pretty sure it'll be rebalanced to a degree), it'll be awesome to see some of the older seasonal features potentially be permanent as well - after all, what's to lose at this point?

Triune's Will, 4th Kanai slot, soul shards, Sanctified - shove it all back in there. Or even just have the Altar of Rites unlock a seasonal theme for you, depending on what you feel like playing today.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

exquisite tea posted:

As far as I know there is no Wizard appearance in D4, which means they must be saving her as the final DLC endboss.

D3 Wizard + D2 Assassin DLC
This time its personal

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i didn't play d3 at all until I wanna say s23? so I dont mind repeats but tbh if it was anything like D4 I assume the first few were a bit underwhelming

Some were cool, some were awesome, some were "errr uhhh I guess I'll do the seasonal journey for the portrait?"

(I can see D4 repeating this cycle)

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Even if it's a fool's hope, I kinda hope that Blizz would alter (heh) or expand the Altar of Rites to include some of the themes from previous seasons. Some of them were really fun, and since we're going to an maintenance mode / endless rotation, why not just go loving crazy and let us be portable nukes

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
When s29 ends, what's the plan with SSF characters?

- Will they simply become non-seasonal characters?
- Will there become a division between never-SSF and ex-SSF characters?

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
I mean, I'm just happy the Altar is still in, and it's functionality upgrades are still there - these nerfs suck, but it WAS ridiculously overpowered once maxed.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Dysgenesis posted:

The first alter season was one I skipped so looking forward to using it for the first time, even if it has been nerfed.

And likewise, waiting for some good tierlist.

It really is the most awesome thing in game, both for buffs and QoL. Even though it's been nerfed a bit, it's still going to be fantastic.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
After enough Cyclone Strikes with my Inna Monk to alter the weather of the entire planet, I have done my season journey and completed my altar of rites. It really is going to be an awesome addition to every season coming up

Time for my UE demon hunter to just go loving insane

(biggest time consumer - stash management)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

exquisite tea posted:

I actually find the visions to be somewhat annoying because a typical run will take you back up to town 1-2 times to disenchant, really messes with the flow!

I know your pain, its even worse when you have a full stash + full bags and then ANOTHER rift opens :smith:

(we are living in an alternate universe where there are too many drops)