Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Because some of you either:

A - Have a fundamental misunderstanding about the press
or
B - Find it necessary to break everything because you are a god drat mentally challenged neanderthal..

I closed the previous thread and made a new one. Stick to the god drat news and if you want to have a loving slap fight over dumb poo poo, take it Here.

When we last checked in with actual news...

North Korea built a rocket that can actually hit the US. But only Alaska so its not like they are going to hit anything of value outside of Polar Bears. Which frankly will make me more upset than hitting actual US citizens.

Tillerson getting even more angry about staffing.

Trump supporters are loving stupid. Think the Declaration of Independence is a call to revolution against the Moron Mango.

Cops crash a party. Don't shoot anyone.

The US finally learns what happened to Amelia Earhart, a few decades after the Marshall Island natives told them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

Dumb retarded poo poo.

Shut the gently caress up.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

maybe 'ol rick perry means he's going to create the demand by banning all other forms of energy

Close.

They are trying to reduce the usage of alternative fuels and energy.

I can't find the story on it I read earlier but it was much more in-depth and had a neat side bar about how its partially influenced by Putin wanting higher oil prices. The quote was something to the effect of Trump having to rig the markets because "Putin needs his $86 a barrel".

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

KildarX posted:

Ya'll think Trump is proof the president actually doesn't know something really really spooky like Aliens landing at area 51, there's a cthulu like entity sleeping at the bottom of the ocean, magic exists, etc?

The reality is if any of those existed, Trump wouldn't have a clue because someone who did know would have to brief him. The people who do know won't largely because explaining the intricacies of wingardiem leviosa with enough "Trump"s thrown in would be a gigantic pain in the rear end and gently caress that.

Also we don't have a clue what lurks at the bottom of the ocean. So thats one of those that we don't actually have an answer to. However, some scientists did at least proved that there is the capability for life on Mars in the form of algae living in the massive salt deposits. So little green martians are an actual possibility.

facialimpediment posted:

Uh.

WaPo published out Secretary Mattis's phone number a while back because it was on an aide's post-it note on top of some folders.

A ballsy high school reporter then decided gently caress IT I'LL GIVE CHAOS A RING and Mattis called back. It's a newsy-as-hell interview, as it turns out, with topics like a Mideast Marshall Plan and an expanded foreign exchange student idea, it's interesting.

http://mihsislander.org/2017/06/full-transcript-james-mattis-interview/

This owns.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The more this story walks, the more :stare: it gets.

Dude just straight up admitted to at least a Logan Act violation and sold out Kushner/Manafort on the same charges. Yea, there is lots of smoke. But this is blatant fire. These motherfuckers straight up attempted to work with the Russians and admitted it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Its really cool how all indications seem to point to the DoD being largely independent of the administration. I'm not sure if that's terrifying or good

It's both.

It's good that the DoD is largely independent of this administration.

It's horrifying that the DoD murder ball is rolling around largely governed only by internal moral compasses held by the same fuckwits that commanded poo poo while we were in. You know. The ones that would send people to the firing squad because your PT shoes had the wrong white to blue ratio, but let's cover up and spirit away rape accusations because if the public thinks there is a problem then the troops moral might take a hit.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

I remember the times when political people all used the same standard talking points and all that actually changed was the name barking the words. Occasionally, people would even wince when they'd have to say bullshit. Now, it's a free-for-all chucking poo poo against a wall for my amusement.

But this one's the best.

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/884858126339645441

Hey Alex.. How are your kids doing?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

That....may not be the brilliant maneuver he thinks it is.

Like, I get that hyperpartisanship is the name of the game. Even so, if this poo poo show turns into a judicial free for all of just arresting political opponents based on what the guy in charge today says I have to think there's enough people with survival instincts that can look to tomorrow and think, 'better not, that could be me'.

Not nearly as many as a functioning, stable society should have, but enough. Because if not and we start down THAT rabbit hole then the last six months are going to be the calm period in history.

Basically.

The reason you don't is because if you are ever ousted from power, you are going to be swinging from the end of a rope. If for no other reason than breaking the long standing agreement that you don't jail the prior administration. Its why you didn't see a bunch of Cheney and Rummie's people in stripes after Obama got elected. When the investigations and trials start under a prior administration, you leave the courts to do the work and stay out of it. If all the nasty poo poo comes out after, then you leave it to Congressional committees to recommend charges and then go after them.

Mitch and Paul aren't retarded. They supply the fart that the rest of the elected GOP has been huffing and they know the boundaries. If Trump starts arresting prior administration to incite hyper partisanship, they will shut him down. Also, good luck finding anyone currently in the DOJ outside of Sessions willing to actually try and put handcuffs on Clapper. Pretty sure if the Keebler Klansman tried, Clapper would tear Sessions's intestines out with his bare hands. Rodger Stone is an idiot and probably going to jail for several decades. His ranting isn't going to convince the real power in Washington to do a drat thing.

No one wants to be the one to open that Pandora's Box because the monster inside doesn't care about sides, it just kills everything and everyone.

facialimpediment posted:

Chances of a government shutdown on October 1st just went up dramatically as House Republicans are tossing some wall funding into the next appropriations bill.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/884878855466614785

Its like 3 dudes in the House and the rest of the Reds rolling their eyes saying "Yea, yea yea.. Ok here." because they know the Senate is just going to remove it. They are going to run a carry over budget with minor adjustments, raise the debt ceiling and Trump will sign off on it because "Who knew budgets were so complicated and we are going to rewrite things over the next year because obstructionist democrats.".

Edit:

In non Trump news....

The Chinese have figured out teleportation?? Maybe??

This seems kinda like a big deal. But maybe not.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 11, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Thats kinda what I was thinking.

The flashy headline about Teleportation was to get clicks. The audio clip sounded kinda underwhelming but I'm a meteorologist, not a quantum physicist so I wasn't real sure if I should be excited or not.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ASAPI posted:

Is there a TL;DR version? My brain hurts today.

Mother Earth claims and kills everything. Now 30% more efficiently!

One of the more subtle but wildly entertaining side shows to our political system has been the GOP as a collective leaking all their dirty laundry. Its so bad that even the GoP propaganda machines are leaking their own internal pants making GBS threads. As shown by Breitbart having their internal Slack chat transcripts from last night given to other press agencies..

Edit: Collapse was too :siren: for the situation. Pants making GBS threads is more accurate.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

edit: looking at this bio, I can't imagine why Tucker or anyone would expect this dude to be sympathetic to Russia

He is the same one who said on Fox News that he was going to vote down ballot republican but for Clinton because it was a vote against Trump.

If they didn't expect this....

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

So this just snuck into my Twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/DKElections/status/884950341610897408

Two red districts in Oklahoma, one created in the 90s, one in 2010, never held by a Dem just got flipped.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

on Trump's side he has no one who compares at all to even one member of the Mueller squad.

That's ok. Kushner is such a pain in the rear end, Trump may have to get a new legal team.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also Comey and Mueller didn't know about Don Jr's meetings or emails.

Either they knew and are just bullshitting to try and obscure where and what the investigation is working on to prevent Trump from knowing. Or they are working on a completely different path and just haven't got around to this yet.

They are rear end deep into all the shady Russian real estate deals and banking fuckery. That may be so much poo poo that it's consuming all of their resources.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

Google tells me people have made the argument that it does, at least for the incredibly lovely Alabama Governor who may actually get impeached soon, but since impeachment is not prosecution, I don't see how those arguments can hold up.

Tell me about time travel.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Page 19:

Also Its looking more like he would need a clearance to continue and he probably wouldn't get one.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 13, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

KildarX posted:

Didn't he already admit to this that he 'forgot'?

Its why he recused himself from Russian investigations.

Its not new news that he lied on the SF-86. The only part thats news is him trying to ignore a court order and when someone pointed out that you REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THAT, he caved and released that redacted bullshit. Which may not be enough to honor the court order depending on what exactly was in it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

If you haven't seen the updated health care bill... Its the same dumpster fire, just repainted the dumpster, paint is already bubbling and frying. Rand Paul and Collins already said no to it. CBO score expected Monday, Vote to move forward is rumored for Wed/Thursday.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hannibal Rex posted:

Martin Landau's dead.

So is George A Romero.

Edit:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This is one of the names that rings the biggest of bells, but I couldn't name a single loving movie of his to save my life.

He was in The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island.

No. I am not making that up.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 17, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The Trump interview is like Rohm-Putsch if it was done a decade later.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

At this point I really think Putin and the Intel community are, in their warped way, teaming up to Eiffel Tower Trump. Article says it was intercepted when Kislyak talked about it with other Russian officials. I don't for a single, solitary nanosecond believe he wouldn't have known that every last word of that conversation would have been recorded and that's not the kind of thing that would be done without permission.

Not exactly.

The IC wants to take Trump in a prison style gang bang.

Russia is a bit different. They invested a lot of time and resources to get Trump in power and expected a return on it by now. Pootie is running out of patients and is starting to put screws to the admin. But the Soviets don't want him out of power until they get sanctions lifted and their ops compound back.

The IC leak is straight from the White House and an attempt to further poo poo on Sessions so he quits.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

From a couple pages back....

Nah. We won't get to that point. The global ocean current conveyor system will shut down well before sea level rise really fucks the planet. Once you dump too much cold, fresh water into the ocean you lose dynamics that essentially create the weather patterns and the best guess beyond that is a mini ice age. As in the Hudson being frozen over for 3/4 of the year and re-establishment of the arctic ice shelf, in southern Canada. By something like 2050.

I'll have to try to find the really awesome article a bunch of scientists wrote on it about a decade ago. Its weather doomsday dialed up to 11, but reasonably credible from the science side. And if you are into the rapid decline and extinction of the human race, its very much your poo poo. Its my favorite theory on Climate Change's end game and when you really dig into the concept, it seems like the most viable.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Apparently Trump is going to fire Sessions as soon as McConnell calls recess and then use the Recess Appointment rules to install a new AG with out congressional approval and then have that AG fire Muller.

So Muller will be gone before the end of August.

And Lawerence O'Donnell just showed every signature line on an actual SF-86.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

KildarX posted:

"I don't see why you call yourselves boy scouts, I see lots of you, not boys some of you are coming of age. Your youths more like. How about Trump Youths. Yea I like the sound of that. "

I'm going to have to read a transcript to make sure this wasn't actually said. Luckily...

https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/889659926955655169

JFC he is a loving knob.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Source your quotes

Also Saturday night massacre part two

I was about to link the story but came across this:

https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/889675885170831365

Trump just exposed CIA arms programs to criticize both them and the Washington Post

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Oh.. Did someone mention the Keebler Klansman?

Turns out he isn't real happy and we are headed for a show down.

Also. As much as her Parkinsons shake voice irritates me. I am starting to like Susan Collins..

https://twitter.com/RiegerReport/status/889875194394947585

In case you are wondering. Its hot mic audio of Jack Reed and her making GBS threads on Trump's lack of understanding about the shotgun barrel they are staring down. Followed by the quotes in the tweet. Come for the fun, stay for the bunny girl/pajama insult.

Edit:

Also. Breitbart just stuck a few knives into Trump. So thats both Hannity and Breitbart who are pushing back against Angry Mango and his traveling dumpster fire.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 25, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Oh.. Hey..

Ron Johnson might kill the motion with a no..

Edit: Never mind. He caved with McCain

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 25, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

Does that mean people get kicked out if they say they are trans and they're already in?

Come on trump we need like 15 more tweets to flesh this policy out.

Yes. Which is why they will have to change it and then watch it collapse in court.

Their only hope is to simply bar transition surgeries under readiness rules. But anything else will have to be reasonably accommodated like hormone therapy, counseling and legal documentation changes. If you can deploy, they won't be able to kick you out.

The more surprising move will be when Trump tries to ban homosexuals in a follow up policy, possibly as soon as later today.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Godholio posted:

Not sure what you mean by this bit.

The tweeted policy can't be done. For a poo poo ton of reasons.

So what is going to happen is something similar to the travel ban where he writes an order, its blocked by courts, rewritten, gets blocked again, and then congress pulls Article 1, Section 8.

That last part is the rule that essentially gives congress the power to control manning regulations. It's the way they created DADT.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

MonkeyWash posted:

So the governor of Kansas just resigned to become the 'religious freedom ambassador.

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article163840318.html

So how many dead hookers does this dude have in his garage? Because imminent and unavoidable impeachment is the only way you leave your seat for some non-important fluff title in the rapidly dwindling State Department.

Edit:

Hahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaha

Its the dude who's tax plan was so bad that his own Republican Party turned on him. Errybody hates this clown.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 27, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Uhhhhh.......

https://twitter.com/techreview/status/890333832427315202

This is probably one of those moments where because we can doesn't mean we should....

But hey. Lets roll the dice. Can't get much worse than where we are.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

JacksLibido posted:

*insert dumb poo poo here*

Shut the gently caress up idiot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

in the future when your parents design what gender you are, do you get angry at them or the doctor

Parents. They picked. Doc just followed directions.

Its largely irrelevant because everyone will just have all the parts and plumbing and you get to choose when you turn 18.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

The hyperrich of all nations already have more in common with each other than with their countrymen, and that's before CRISPR makes them literally their own race.

e: pictured, the ruling class of the 2100s:

The hyper rich are just like the nobility of the mid teen centuries. They practice eugenics but the selection is based on money and land. The worst crime you can commit is to marry a commoner and lift them out of the peasant class.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they've been trying to shove healthcare reform in before something happens

i think we're building up to something big here, and this is the last desperate jerk session in the port-o-john before they go out on patrol

Not exactly.

Health care is the gate keeper for everything they want to do over the next year and a half (largely because they know they will be dead men walking due to how bad it's going to screw everyone).

They needed the regulation, tax purge and the experiment that is rolling back Medicaid.

If they could have trashed Medicaid in ACA repeal/reform then they would go after Medicare and social security which is their ultimate goal because they need the bank vault that is both funds to pay for the budget that they want to pass. If they can then it gives them the ability to gut corporate and wealthy tax rates in tax reform.

ACA was all about taxes and finding out if they can take away an entitlement. They aren't getting either and they are hosed. Their budget won't work numbers wise and tax reform needed the budget to be viable I the way they wanted to make cuts. So now they have a choice. Either ram through poo poo to screw everyone because they are doomed, or make drastic changes in the platform and start making serious policies to improve conditions for the middle class and poor in an effort to save their rear end from independents voting with the massive wave of Dems and anti Trump voters in 18.

Take a wild guess which choice most republicans are going with.

It's not that they are hammering Health Care to hide some greater threat that they want to secretly run through. It's they needed it to blatantly run through the outright fist gently caress they want to give the American people later on.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Joe Pesci. Yea that Joe Pesci is going to be reading Mooch's interview on Lawerence O'Donnell.

So you may want to tune into MSNBC.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/890815543258865664

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

How does this impact tax reform?

And when people say healthcare is 1/6th of the economy, is there a chart that shows what the other 5/6ths are?

Largely its just a stupid catch phrase.

This chart shows the budget numbers, which make it actually closer to 1/5 to 1/4 if you use our budget spending as the economy.

If you are looking at it from what Americans actually spend their paychecks on... The Commonwealth Fund did a study that came up with an average of 10.1%. But as you would expect, that number varies wildly when you break it down by economic class.

Just depends on how you want to define the economy.

suboptimal posted:

Buzzfeed is reporting that a Russian media czar, who died in a Washington, DC hotel room back in 2015, was actually beaten to death in an assassination rather than being drunk and falling over repeatedly, or as they call it in Russia, natural causes.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonleopold/putins-media-czar-was-murdered-just-before-meeting-feds?utm_term=.wxZPYqkgV#.omP1zDEak

Too be fair. Death by being drunk and falling over repeatedly is a natural death for Russians. But yea. That dude was totally smoked by a Russian hit team.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahaha
Hahaha

Ha...

Oh.

:negative:

Edit:

https://twitter.com/billcox/status/891072099464486912

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

I really hope Norwegians get wind of his stupidity and the whole country stops speaking English to him as a result. Cause that's the meanest I can imagine Norwegians being when you're visiting and you tick them off somehow.

Norway could just kick him out of the country.

How loving funny and how big of a poo poo storm would that set off..

• Locked thread