Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Burkion posted:

Here's why Frost sucks.

It's not What If Freeza Was Smarter

It's "What If Freeza Was a Coward"

To facilitate this, Frost is notably weaker than Freeza.

Actually that's why he's cool??????? 90% of Super's whole steeze is 'Fight smarter not harder' with people using goofy gimmicks smart to put up a decent fight and Frost is the Super version of Freeza. He knows he can't win a head on fight so he takes what he can get. Being a super coward and having to take pot shots is an interesting twist on Freeza's character (which was 'I am an unstoppable force of desire of destruction and will crush all').

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blue Star posted:

lmao at the fact that you actually think frost is better than Freeza. XD

Everybody who's cool is WAY more interested in seeing what Freeza's gonna do than what Frost is gonna do.

I don't think he's cooler than Freeza I just think he's cool in his own way.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Vados and Champa are DBS's cutest couple, IMO.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Super Saiyin God/Red Aura is base Saiyin+God Ki which is >>> Than any super saiyin form.

Super Saiyin Blue is going into a super saiyin boost in God form. It's better than red but costs more stamina similar to how Normal goku vs. SSJ Goku work.

It's not a power vs. speed form Goku's just maximizing his output while minimizing energy costs by toggling the Blue.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Black August posted:

So basically Goku could have been using Red this whole time since he got it, and he technically was whenever he was Blue, but it was the newest hottest power form so he just dumped God like it was the Kaioken post-Namek and exclusively went Red+Gold for that sweet Blue

THEN he added Kaioken on top of that because Goku is out of his loving mind and is slamming on templates and buffs like he was running D&D in 2003

Yeah the fact that the Blue Kaioken hosed him up make sense cause he's stacking like three booster forms at once.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Cabba is the worst looking non throwaway character to come out during super

Nah that's all Yamcha's new outfit. Cabba is cool and he and the other teen saiyin's being gangly is fitting and helps separate them from literally every other saiyin we've seen being muscular as gently caress or that one fat guy who still had super buff arms and legs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ryaomon posted:

An unfunny, out of character, cheap sex joke is probably the worst example you could have used but this is dbz abridged and that's a good 85% of their content.

Isn't Bulma the girl that spent a whole arc gettin super horned up for a Gay NotNazi that was beating up her friend?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Guys but Tien is stronger hurr durr he scuffed cell's shoes that one time hurr durr

I'm riding high today, fellas. It's Kriller Time.:smugdog:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I mean, could krillin really have done any better in that situation?

Yeah, solar flare, not using the multi-form technique like a complete chode, actually just taking the guy out instead of giving him a moment to fight back.

Krillin's been explicitly set up throughout the ToP arc as 'The one that actually fights pretty smart.' Keeping up with SSB Goku with trickery and smart technique. If anyone could have handled that fight from U7 it was him.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Saiyan through Cell sagas of DBZ had massive worldwide cultural impact. It effortlessly crossed ethnic boundaries.

It's a shame Super only tries to appeal to the typical anime audience.

Both movies got nationwide theatrical releases in the US and Super has the original VA cast dubbing and it's doing pretty loving well so overall it's got the saturation, and still resonates across ethnic boundaries. Goku's still pretty loving huge among Hispanic and Black viewers. A quick look around social media or youtube can confirm that.

You're technically right, it's not massive and influential as Old Goku stuff but like...it's brand new? And the old poo poo is old and thus had time to spread and be referenced again and again. What you said there is a completely baffling statement. 'Eeeehhhhhh kids aren't watching it on TV anymore so it's clearly doing bad among its old fanbases' is loving stupid in the age we live in where TV at large is being drained of blood by streaming services.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Am I technically right or are you completely baffled?

I'm baffled that you thought it was a smart point to make or that it meant anything significant and that's why I said 'You are TECHNICALLY correct in that Super is Less Influential than it's predecessor that it 25+ years older and has had an entire generation of time to spread out and influence things compared to the show that started 2 years ago and whose non-japanese dubs started 1 year ago.' Your point was dumb and didn't support your argument nor really added anything to the conversation other than 'I don't like Super as much as I like Z so it's clearly cause it's more anime than Z was.' I mean that's not even covering how dumb your argument that it's only Cell saga back that's influential when every fan at large loves talking about Fusions and Adult Gohan (mostly in the context of 'Didn't get what he deserved) and The Great Saiyaman.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 11, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I can't even parse what "Super is more anime than Z" even means

I mean sassassin said Super clearly is only pandering to the typical anime audience.

Unlike Dragon Ball Z. Somehow.

It's like complaining about the new Jojo Animes being so similar to other older shows. Yeah it kind of inspired a lot of poo poo so we've come full circle where of course it shares similarities with a lot of other anime.

It's just a lovely, half thought out explanation so sassassin's posts in this thread aren't just "I don't care for Super" repeated 100 times.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blue Star posted:

King Piccolo ate, or at least it was implied that he did. Piano (little minion with pterodactyl head) forced people to cook a huge feast for him when he took over the palace. We never see him actually eating, though.

I wonder if evil Namekians eat but the good ones don't? It would make sense for the good Namekians to eschew food as part of some pacifist vaguely Buddhist-esque choice to abstain from worldly pleasures while the evil Namekians are all about chowing down on decadent sumptuous feasts.

Nah, forcing locals to use up all their food in a massive banquet that you devour alone even thought you don't even need food is like, perfectly evil.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I hope she's just Dr. Gero who copied her brain into a new robot and finally decided to live her life as the beautiful woman she felt like inside the whole time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TenCentFang posted:

They should have unironically went that way with Bison in Street Fighter. Like the majority of his clone bodies he was trying to transfer himself to were female but then they introduced one or two that are male so I guess he's just not picky.

I agree but I am insulted you thought I was being ironic in any way about supporting Dr. Gero's new life as a trans woman.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Would be a massive kick in the teeth to both versions of Trunks if he goes and does that. No time (or at best tough love) for his kid(s) but a planet of randoms gets a dedicated mentor figure?

He could train them as a day job. Lord knows he's probably just lounging around the house most of the day anyway. Not like He needs an income when his wife could buy the planet three times over.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TenCentFang posted:

It'd be funny if they wished the universes back, and then Zeno just immediately erased them again.

Nah they're setting up the Zenos to split duty what with the counting gag.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Parrotine posted:

They won't, this IS the last arc, I have no idea why everybody thinks it'll go past this when they've flat-out stated that the Universal Survival Arc is the final DBSuper arc but what ya gonna do?

You asked about this and everyone told you "No we don't know anything about that or how long they're gonna do this show."

Parrotine posted:

Just for the record, this is the final arc for DBS right? After this they close the curtains on the series ya?

The only people that responded are people that told you 'We don't know.' Where are you getting your info?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kashuno posted:

This is why I don't buy the whole "Oh no they will wish back the universes Zeno had already destroyed" thing as a plot point. If they do, so what? Zeno can literally just be like "eh gently caress it"

One Zeno can count to 4 one can count to 8. There's 12 universes. They're gonna get restored and goku will help the zenos split their duties.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Grouchio posted:

I may have miscalculated.

PLague is famously a loving bore and hates fun and admits that upfront and Woolie/Matt/Pat are the same kind of sad nerd that gets mad about someone winning a fight when 'they are canonicallly weaker/have a lower power level than the guy who lost." They've made multiple fighting game LPs that is 60% them saying "well CANON wise this fight should be a blow out!" because beating someone in a fight once somehow means you'd beat them 10/10 times regardless of circumstance.

The best friends are really really dumb when it comes to analyzing or even understand basic narratives or how stories functions.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Anyone have that page where Toppo kicks Goku in the dick handy?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

We just had an episode recently where Jiren's power level was so high that punching him as hard as you could in 90% of the SS forms did not even make him flinch. You cannot have it both ways.

It explicitly can have it both ways? Like the whole moral of Super is 'You Have No Limits and Technique is Better Than Pure Strength' and Jiren is the ultimate test of that creed. Jiren is Overwhelming Strength personified and Goku caught up to him with an imperfect technique. He'll ultimately beat him with a perfected version of it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm glad Goku is inspiring his two new daughters to get real tough to help him with his eventual over throwing the gods of destruction/creation like his chat with Hit when Beerus and Champa were arguing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

I really want that "this is all part of Goku's plan to overthrow the divine order" plotline to be real.

I mean he directly encouraged hit to get tougher so they're not the playthings of the GoDs anymore and did the same with all his friends (esp. Gohan who's gonna surpass them on his own terms/ without Blue or God Ki).

It's something they're been directly setting up.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

woo, kale and caulifla are finally out, now i wont have to suffer the straight sisters commenting on how "hot" goku is

:confused:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I just don't like them because they're annoying as poo poo. They have the negative traits of Goku and Vegeta without any of the charm.

Califula is like Goku but slightly more aggressive. The reason you seem to amplify their negative traits and ignore the positive ones is cause you're a sad nerd. Hope that helps.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The ToP has been cool and good if you're not some weirdo with issues about lady characters. The only real issue has been editting because we've been getting a lot of 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 fights individually won it feels like a semi normal tourney anyway. Needed to interweave fights a bit more.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm glad beerus is doing the face turn to help Goku's plan to noogie all the gods.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Outside of Super and filler, I can't think of an arc that I consider as much of a mixed bag than this one.

Red Ribbon, Buu, The middle of cell/android arc,and everything between Vegeta running away and the ginyu force are loving abysmal in the anime, filler discounted. .

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Really mad that a character didn't use their non Canon movie only abilities to not get tricked. Why didn't Pikkon get invited over Tien!!!!!!???

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Black August posted:

But I'M The boss of this gym. So that's that.

gently caress you!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

I could absolutely see Frieza getting the MVP wish, tossing it over to Goku as a "nice gesture", and letting them revive him with the standard balls. After that, he graciously thanks them, ominously compliments Vegeta on his new daughter, and flies off with a "Hooooo ho ho hohoho" as they stand there helpless to kill him, because they owe him for saving the universe, they're the good guys, and they still have that "well, if he DOES show up again, we'll beat him then" mindset. Vegeta has to be physically held back from murdering him thanks to the Bra thing, but otherwise Frieza gets to leave without issue to begin planning his new multiversal conquest.

Possibly he starts trying to conspire with the rear end in a top hat Gods of Destruction like "Did you see just how foolish your Zen-Os are? Maybe the universes could use a new leader..."

He goes to collect the Super Dragon Balls and it's just GT but good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

tbp posted:

the "beerus is bad at his job" thing too makes little sense if you think about it for even a tiny second. we have SEEN beerus travel to another universe and preemptively kill a kai because it was the right thing to do. him killing buu back when buu was obliterating all of u7 would have been such an incredibly trivial thing for him considering the difference in power that its comical to suggest he would have rathered let it all happen instead of spending 30 seconds erasing him

"Beerus being bad at his job doesn't make sense given all this evidence that he's lazy and doesn't do his job because he's really lovely and lazy"

His job would be to delete Buu tho. It being trivial to him but him still choosing not to over napping is why he's bad at his job. You're conflating the idea that he's Technically Skilled at SDestroying which no one is saying he isn't, it's just he doesn't put forth the effort to actively do his duty which makes him bad at his job.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Wasn't it professional career stuff?

Yeah they're doing official dubs/VA work for actual things and also they have said the next ep which will be the end of the Cell Saga will be over an hour long so it's gonna take a bit to finish!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SSJ4 is the stupidest poo poo in the world and actively ruins the entire point of Goku's history of training and adventure. Goku and friends have always been about self improvement not through some weird trick of genetics but by actively working on the betterment of the self through training. So we go from a progression of forms and strength based on that training and mastering each tier of power and form to "SSJ4 which is explicitly about tapping into some racial, bestial potential and nature to power yourself up. It's dumb and bad and goes against everything Goku's worked for in his life. On top of that it's very very ugly and very clearly made by some lovely writer trying to be clever and tie up all of Goku's growth back to his origins in a big bow by bringing up a transformation that had been forgotten and ignored by Toriyama for decades for a drat good reason (The form served its purpose and was now just a dumb old thing that should be forgotten.)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah thanks for showing off something that explicitly proves me right. Gohan gets power not through dedication and self improvement but having an outside force cheat him into being strong and what does he do with that power? Nothing. He loses again and again and accomplishes nothing of any worth as a fighter. Gohan's arc expressly shows that that kind of strength has to come from dedication and effort to be worth anything. It's why his arc in Super has been "Learning to care enough about protecting everyone to actually seek out self improvement and training."

SSJ4 is the Gohan of power ups. It sucks and a lot of weird nerds are super into it even though its the dumbest poo poo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dysop is weaker than freeza but super has been telling all you idiots pure strength gets dumped on by smart moves and strong gimmicks and Dysop is good at both of those things.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Super is cool and good and has some of the absolute highs of the franchise and if you don't like it you probably are a big fan of SSJ4 and think Goku is the best character.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Momomo posted:

I wouldn't call it nonsensical in concept but yeah it's ugly as hell. Even if you ignore the pants the hair just looks... bad. God and up are far better looking.

It's nonsensical cause it's about tapping into some primal natural and bestial strength that was some how secretly hidden inside them the whole time and that goes against Goku's one decent moral of "Actually putting effort toward your self improvement is good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

khwarezm posted:

Yeah, I noted. That doesn't mean her eating a cake is a Vore thing.

It's a vore thing just like Buu was and like Cell was an unbirthing thing.

Fetishists take what they can get, even with a lot of projecting and that's okay.