Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can I get a link on the go to summoner build for new leagues please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Last season I played a Summon Flaming Skull build, and would like to play a more tank / life-leeching oriented build. What is a good cheap build for that?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Is there a page that breaks down pricing?

There was an amulet sold above for over an Exalted, and I don't understand why. It has spell damage and life, but lacked any resistances.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally find a grove and the servers go down.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

:ohdear:
i think you summoned some kind of posting demon

Even in my video games I am still one of the "poors"

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I finally specced out of strongboxes. I'm going to give Beyond a go now that I am juicing maps more. If Beyond turns out to be a dud, I'll switch back and avoid the double divination and map portion.

So far expedition and Ritual have made me the most cash.
I'm hoping that Harbringer, Ritual, and Expedition will work well with Beyond. I'm also specced into Essences, which seems like a good baseline for making some cash every run.
Would love to hear other people's endgame currency trees.

Also:

Really hate scarabs dropping in my combo even if the reroll twice is good. Is the best Garg version of the combo: Reju, treant, assassin, garg?

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 23, 2022

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

I should do this. Tree doesn’t require many changes, right? Just switching off minion aoe nodes?

I am very bad at this game, and Skellie mages is like playing on easy mode.

Beyond Passive Tree Report:
I hate it; it doesn't seem to be worth the points, and I'm going back to strongboxes. Expedition still is seems to be doing the best for me.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

Beyond has absolutely fantastic rewards but if your character can't handle them you shouldn't do them. When you get more beefy then you can turn it on. I didn't start with any of the Beyond nodes because I knew those fuckers would tear my starter up.

I've dumped probably 200 orbs of unmaking into my atlas this season. It's cool and good to change whatever you want based off your strengths.

I can survive with the beyond tree + map bonus selection on T16 until I add delirium to it. The lag + the challenge is just too much.
It takes me a while though, because my skellies need a bit more dps. I have a 50 minion damage +1 Minion gem wand, and really need to get that with the extra +1 spell skills.
I also need awakened gems.

Maybe Beyond has much better payoff with sextants? I've been saving them for when I have the 4 voidstones.

I am also really liking ritual.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lpzie posted:

cool looks like we get drones now....

My guy, what do you think has been tracking and filming your character act this entire time?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

queeb posted:

How tanky can you get a Skelly mage necro? Max block is probably pretty attainable.

Pretty tanky, and having a giant army surrounding you at all times really helps.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

Do not be me. Get curse resist on your gear. A great utility flask can give you 60%+ on its own.

Can't believe how much it improved my survivability.

Yeah, it's huge and cheap.
You can find jewels with anti-corruption + curse resist for under 10c

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
PConc people, I have a devouring Diadem question.

Is the increased duration of ailments while focused really that much better than something like chaos resist?
Is the idea that you can poison a pack and just run past it knowing it will die eventually?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

inc duration for poison is effectively a more damage modifier. im not of the school that it's required necessarily but if you're not going to swap to a better skill then it probably is for single target. im in t9s and starting to wish i had crafted it already at this point instead of waiting for better gear to slap it on.

Thanks, i've never played using Focus and it sounds like just one more button to have to manage. I guess I could just add it to my movement key.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just hoard challenging stuff for when I ding a level in the 90s and then just run all of that poo poo at once. Once I zero that stuff out I focus on safely leveling.
I just hit 96, and I maybe will push towards 97, but I think I can do wave 30 Sim now, so I'm not stressing it. I got to 27 last time I tried, and I got significant upgrades since then, so wish me luck in about 10 mins here.

Edit: Got worked at 23 by K-sword man.

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 7, 2022

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

boo_radley posted:

Empowered haunted rogue exiles are an incredibly lucrative income source. I regret sticking with harbingers as long as I did.

I'm going to want to hear more about this. This sounds juicy.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm done leveling at 96, so I'll definitely give this a go over Harbringer.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I'm extremely bad at this game, and this build allowed me to complete challenges I had no right being able to do.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've never done any type of brand build before, and I was thinking of trying out this Storm Brand guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2890856/page/1 by Velyna as a league starter.

Am I shooting myself in the foot?
Is RF still a decent league starter this go around; if so, does anyone have a good guide for a bad player like myself?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Go back a page, that build was brought up.

Pohx is still the RF king, and he just posted an updated video for 3.19. Haven't looked at it, but about the biggest change coming to this build in 3.19 I can think of is that it's going to be harder to get spell suppression capped because the item mods got nerfed and you're on the exact opposite side of the tree from those nodes.

Oof, thank you sir.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Any case anyone is wondering why there is no auction house https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870

And it doesn't make any sense to me. My game experience won't be any worse off when I no longer have to spam 20 people before one replies that the item sold already.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Let me in (the queue) i'm trying to gently caress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGJZfmYMltM

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hamelekim posted:

At least there is universal agreement that this patch sucks poo poo.

Empyrian's group is running sims to level gems to sell because full juicing maps causes them to lose money, lol.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousSneakyPigDerp-fgslybA7jMPZFGMK

Yeah, someone probably hosed up big time.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ran 6 lakes. Got 2 divines total and a plethora of chaos. They definitely buffed the lake, because hooo boy that was a joke before.
It seems like you are almost guaranteed at least 1-3 chaos per currency chest.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

some of us dropped literally 3 currency sentinels ever and had to make do with random garbage

Sounds like you were very bad at figuring out sentinel. I'm a terrible player, absolute garbage at farming currency, and even I was being showered in loot that league.

Were you not using your dried up currency sentinels to combine with others to try and hit currency again?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't mind the AN mobs abilities besides magma barrier. What I do mind is the garbage loot that some of them are now auto required to drop.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ihmemies posted:

What is a number I need to achieve so my guy doesn't keel over when someone touches my guy?

I am doing Lightning Conduit. There is often so much stuff in screen or my attention sucks that I just die. I am starting to hate the dying.

Any pro tips? Max block/spell block? Another build? More damage?

Is there something in your build requiring you to have no lightning res?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

500 good dogs posted:

yeah monetization could ruin the whole thing even if it was good

Lol, monetization will ruin the whole thing.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

poemdexter posted:

GGG should heed the lesson learned from every other game company ever and just never talk about their dev process and decisions ever.

They kind of have to. It's hard to generate player retention for a purely PVE game that doesn't release new raids.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It seems like a mode that would be really fun to go through as a group of friends, and only trading/sharing amongst yourselves.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The temptation to league start with Bane is increasing dramatically. Probably along with too many others.

Edit: Foiled by the FAQ

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 28, 2022

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Cold dot (occ, trickster, hiero, champ if you can deal with the leveling) is probably going to be the best all-around starter

I've never done this build before. If someone sees a great 3.20 guide I would appreciate a link being dropped.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So I have never done Cold Dot or Frost Blades before.

Is Occultist going to be the go-to league starter for Cold Dot?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Thanks goons. Cold Dot Occultist it is for the starter.

I'm really looking forward to this league. Hopefully the Roguelike aspect is something that stays fun the whole league.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I wish I had played Synthesis for the portal effect. That one is dope

Yeah, but that would require playing Synthesis.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ihmemies posted:

So I played a bit of last epoch. Did a glacial sorc, hammerdin, now a bowazon or whatever. Shoots a shitton of arrows with flurry/multishot. It gets a bit boring quite soon, it doesn't feel like the game has much going on.

Back to PoE..? What would be a good bow build? Tornado shot ranger, if I want to fill the screen with arrows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n56isnrhvkc

At least that example video fits the bill..

Tornado shot deadeye is a very strong build, but it is expensive as hell.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
They hit the Harvest craft that causes maps to not consume sextants. It now only has a 50% chance to not consume; sorry Winged Scarab farmers.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

boredsatellite posted:

Also planning on trying TS deadeye but haven't played deadeye in years

How did it feel last league for those who played her

Extremely strong for juicing delirium per usual if you have the cash. She requires a good investment to get going. I also hope you don't like dying a lot.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am going PConc pathfinder that switches to a MF Poison Tornado Shot at lvl 90A. I am prepared to die, but I am also prepared to make a lot of $$$

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

InventorOfTrees posted:

it's more than fine to level with - you just run like 3 life flasks and pick up the life flask recharge cluster north of the ranger start, and you don't use lmp anymore.

it is probably the best poison pathfinder build to get to maps with if you are running any tree that can spec out of it at around level 80 for less than 15 points.

I'm planning on starting it, and both snoobae and ruetoo are starting it as well. It is absolutely a "I plan to spec out of this as soon as I can play my real build" situation, but it is still excellent for running acts/starting maps with dogshit gear.

In Snoo we trust! I would prefer a toxic rain start that transitions more easily into TS, but I'm sticking with my horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

who the hell is snoobae? new streamer?

Dude who farms 10+ mirror characters while sharing his strats whether they bomb or not. Helped discover that delirium has no affect on drop rates for strongbox monsters.
His speech pattern is a little annoying though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEs030QOzU&t=352s

Herstory, might want to share the leveling / pinnacle boss slayer gear before the swap to TS if you are trying to make a point.
I am not saying this is going to be the BEST BUILD (all other builds are dumb), but this guy has a pretty good track record of understanding the economy and farming it.

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 4, 2023