Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
Is scion always horrible in the first act or am I just playing wrong? I'm trying to decide between bleed bow glad or ballightning archmage scion and while the glad gets of the ground as soon as I get pierce the scion feels awful and weak all the way through merveil. It feels like it's either me using lightning mines wrong or the early talent tree sucking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Drakyn posted:

Speaking of Bleed Bow Glad, is there a guide anyone would specifically recommend for that? I can find a good few of them, but I'm not sure I trust myself enough to pick one blind without running into the same issue I did with my summoner, where I found out mid-yellow maps that I was using an obsolete guide.

I mean Zizaran guides haven't let me down yet and I'm really bad at this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfN5xM8sZMY

Also, duelist have can reach Deadly&Heavy Draw before merveil (I'm pretty sure I managed Avatar of the Hunt too) so damage isn't really a problem. And you get to ignore all movement penalties from body armours.

Andohz fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 5, 2021

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I mean, I'm assuming call of steel gets some kind of "only actually work with steel skills now" nerf since the most popular use of it is "just slot a steel skill somewhere and move on".

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Rutibex posted:

But what about offerings? Thats a button mate

Yeah, but the whole thing with minions is not having to press buttons so...

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I want to try some skeleton reaper build but I have no idea how to scale a bleed minion beyond generic minion damage. I guess I can always switch to some other summoner if it turns out Reaper sucks.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Streamer luck is obviously just based on the streamer's distance from GGG headquarters.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm on a "normal" monitor and the same one I had in 2017, but I guess I could double check my in game resolution, it was probably Just Me though.

Every time I haven't played for a few days my first reaction is trying to zoom out so it's just PoE being PoE.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I really hope someone makes a good Hit-something-so-hard-it-ignites league starter I can do in SSF. I just want to hit thing so hard they literally explode (fire explode, not blood explode).

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

I just figured for a minion build, I still need one offensive spell/skill.

I fall in this trap a lot with my minion builds but at most you'll have something offensive to apply a curse or proc an effect and that's it. Which can feel weird.

I'm trying absolution for the first time this league, partly because if I don't like it I should be able to turn it into a skeleton build pretty easily.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

whypick1 posted:

OK thread, what do I need to get Absolution build of the ground? I need to reroll...a second time :smith:

I league started it in SSF as necro and haven't run into any issues yet, though I'm slow so I just started clearing tier 8 maps with poo poo leveling gear.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I got the raining blood health potion MTX and it turns out it does nothing on a seething flask. I feel like I got pranked by GGG.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Tenacious J posted:

Got to the endgame on a RF Jugg, but I just followed a guide. I honestly have no real feeling on what to do next. I am struggling with tier 5/6 maps, but it’s unclear how to upgrade my character. I tried to understand Pohx’s gear guide but it seems like my current gear is pretty close to what is recommended anyway, I think. I’m probably wrong though but it’s hard to tell why.

Also trading seems insane I have no idea

You're not alone, Pohx just put out a video on this precise thing, he starts to talk about gearing after hitting maps around 4 minutes into the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3OQzbyyxpI&t=240s,

I just went piece by piece whenever I could afford an upgrade and I'm plodding into red maps somewhat comfortably.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Exploding totems seems like the league's broken build right now. Saw Zizaran doing a play with me and ds_lily doing the world's most low effort show case.
Totem's explode on death, dealing 600% of their life as physical damage being the thing that makes it work: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/Xr52EOdsP

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

First league start I'm missing in years... Luckily I never even make it to maps on the first weekend so starting late is almost an upside because the uniques I want will crater in price by the time I need them :negative:

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I started playing on the tail end of metamorph league and routinely only get 12-ish challenges done each league so watching someone (with kids even) come in and just smash their first league is awe inspiring and I love it.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

mynnna posted:

Do have some complaints about the build, like “no ailment immunity other than shock, really?” that I’m gonna see about resolving, but aside from that it feels good and solid and should be worth continuing to invest in.

There's a jewel (Stormshroud) that makes all ailment avoidance be equal to your shock avoidance but I'm assuming it would be included in the build?

Andohz fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 20, 2023

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Do they have to be 6 letters?
TUBGRL
GGGGM

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

and 9/10 of the ruthless specific changes were things like "Mistwalker: No longer provides "50% increased Elusive Effect" in Ruthless."

I don't think they spent a bunch of developer time on the ruthless specific changes.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

DangerDongs posted:

With this league mechanic its uncommon to go a map without seeing a Divine, Valdo's Puzzle box, or a Reliquary Key.

League is bonkers once you can start pushing the whisps. Going back to anything else will be rough.

I've still only got my first voidstone and needing to choose between league juicing or guaranteeing I can get atlas completion sucks... but also makes me look forward to when I can finally run wispy maps non-stop.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Also, running the 4th lab just to transfigure gems is a decent kickstarter, for example uncorrupted penance brand of dissipation starts at 2.4 div right now. Just don't do what I do and run it but forget to stuck up on gems first
:negative:

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I have no idea if the higher labs have more weighting for it but I feel like I got the "transfigure normal gem to random transfigured version of that gem" more often on the 4th lab but my sample size is like 2 runs so :v:

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

J posted:

Hang on that goofy rear end knockback setup is a common thing? I thought it was just some wacky poo poo one person thought up.

Blight ensured one blight reward and carcass makes it easier to force one or two blight nodes instead of like 7 due to the cramped corridors. So bigger chance of more gold oil jewellery

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

euphronius posted:

When does the new poe2 info start today

There's a timer on https://www.pathofexile.com/ but 7h43min from this post.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of in that mode right now too - I want to start Witch to hear the new dialogue, but I don't know what build I want to go with. What builds are all the Witch players here going with?

Absolution, the lack of guides for non-guardian Absolution makes me a bit nervous but if it sucks I can just pivot to some other minion build. I'm gonna try to focus on bossing this league, hopefully the leech ascendancy node helps.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

whypick1 posted:

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/absolution-necromancer-build-guide

Warning: Doryani's Prototype (and not updated yet for 3.24, but he's working on updating his guides)

Yeah, I found that and some other older ones. I feel like I've had bad luck with ghazzy builds in past but it was probably user error.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

bawfuls posted:

How annoying is the 2button thing on DD builds?

Is it going to be so much damage that I won't care on bosses?

I was considering going DD, went through BA once on an old DD character and naw, I hate it.

On bosses you use arcanist brand to cast the desecrate part though, afaik.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I'm hard locked into Witch because it's my favourite voice in the game but undecided between BAMA, Zoomancer, or Absolution. I'll probably run lab a few times to try to get a BAMA gem, give up and then keep playing whatever cisfigured minion feels best.

Andohz fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 28, 2024

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

bawfuls posted:

so it's not actually that bad for bosses then? Cause I was thinking of aiming for a boss rushing strat anyway.

If that can carry me far enough, I'd look at a map clearing secondary character like RF or the elusive wardloop or similar autobomber

I mean Ben explains how good it is in the zizaran video but again, you gotta map to get to bosses and apparently 2-button builds make me die so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I've only seen 25% to fracture corpses so depending on row/column/adjacent increased effect you'd need a few