Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Grumio posted:

M'orathi

hahahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

i've been listening to the 10 hour version on repeat for quite some time what is wrong with me

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Khatep let's play

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219489545

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Good lord Settra steamrolls. I got a short campaign victory on ME on the turn the very first chaos waves arrived.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

kidkissinger posted:

They are permanently destroyed.

confirming this

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

On this note, any tips for making the most of Lizardmen? I’m in a Kroq-Gar ME campaign and currently using stacks that tend to have something like two Terradon Fireleechers, two Stegadons, two Revivification Crystals to support the hard as nails Saurus and Temple Guard frontline and then a couple Carnosaurs. Should I be making more of an effort to include Kroxigors or cavalry? Blessed Horned Ones look pretty good but for the most part Lizard cavalry didn’t stand out to me.

Kroxigors perform fantastic. I've been largely "meh" about lizardmen cavalry, but I'm also micro lazy.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I just saw 3pm BST, which means 7am pacific

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Just had a tiny update, will check on Norsca.

nope

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 31, 2018

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

i had forgotten the joy of playing norsca

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Krazyface posted:

No, that's greyed out too, and disabling all notifications the turn before doesn't help either. This seems to be a bug that happens when you get two events on the same turn.

I had this happen with the White Dwarf. I think the fix is to just save the game on the new turn and then restart.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Dongattack posted:

Anyone know how to fix the GAME ENDING HELP bug where you can't do anything on a new turn because a event you cannot see or click away is on screen? Googling told me to turn the advisor down to the lowest amount, but he's always been on the lowest setting. Loading the turn before or a couple of turns before does not help either.

Make a save right now where it's broken and then load that save, the event should pop up.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

So, I had a bit of a mod conflict. I was playing Elf Queen and around the same time that i pulled the murder sword out i noticed that not a single one of my heroes or lords was gaining xp. I assumed that this was a negative side effect of wielding the sword, which, I think, would be terrible game design. After about ten turns without being able to put the sword down, I quit for the evening thinking "what a stupid mechanic."
Today I started a dwarf game to try out their forging mechanic and about seven turns in I realized I hadn't leveled up my Lord. I still wasn't gaining xp.
Yup. I think the respec lord mod broke it because I had also confederated angry elf around that time and had just respecced him. And then I think leveling was all over for everybody.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Truecon420 posted:

You should also check the page for Legendary Lord Respec because apparently people were having some issues in the comments. But most comment posters aren’t the brightest. Still I think it’d be the mod most likely to mess up besides better artefacts

I'm fairly confident the Respec mod broke xp gain across all of my games after I respecced the new High Elf angry legendary lord.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

Huh, are blessed spawnings fixed now? Getting a steady stream of quests.

I wonder if they are affected by level 10 rank like RoRs.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 13, 2018

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Late reply to some folks looking for a good campaign walkthrough(s). I've discovered a guy named VulcanHD on youtube who streams Steel Division quite frequently, but also has loads of Warhammer Total War Campaign videos. Very mild tone of voice, about the calmest guy under (vidyagame) pressure I've ever seen. Sexy english accent.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I actually enjoyed a GW intellectual property book one time, it came out with the release of a little shooter called Firewarrior (with book being the same name I think) but it actually portrayed Khorne fairly well in a slow, insidious way inside the protagonist's (a Tau) mind. This was like 15 years ago.

sorry for 40k

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

You all forgetting baboons.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Noir89 posted:

I am pretty sure deploying Lord Kroak counts as a warcrime :stare:

Yeah you can keep your nukes Ikit, I think I will stick with the old dead toad over here.

How is he acquired?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Another bonus to turn time destroyer is it keeps LLs around for you to pick up traits from. Ever since they lost their autoresolve bonus lots of the LL empires turn up dead and gone once you get to them.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Noir89 posted:

Yes and it's great! :colbert:

Agree that it certainly makes things more varied, but I’ve aborted like three dwarf campaigns because my minor dwarf neighbors keep trouncing any nearby enemies, refuse to confederate, and I can’t stomach attacking them sheerly due to imaging dwarf on dwarf battles not being particularly enjoyable.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I am worried about the horse's ears on those gun wagons.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

They responded to a comment on FB saying they “are looking into” the port nerf.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Ignorant Hick posted:

Pulled the trigger on these games cause of the sale, got WH1 and 2 with all dlc. Only rts experience I've had is playing Empire at War as a kid so I'm more or less blind here.

Lizardmen looked cool so I started with Itzl on a Mortal Empires campaign. Been flailing my way to a win in every battle so far and I like how these guys play. I've only had to fight Skaven and I can send them running pretty easily but I'm feeling a bit lost when it comes to the world map. Is there a good resource or youtube series I could look at for the strategy layer? Things like city management and army movement would be nice, cause I ended up running into a fight against three armies when I thought I was going to be finishing off one. I had chased down a rat army that failed to take my city but when I attacked it two other armies I couldn't see joined as reinforcements. Won the fight thanks to my leader soloing multiple units and my frog wizard dropping magic bombs but my army got so thrashed in it I'm wanting to restart and learn a bit more first.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=total+war+warhammer+2+campaign+guide

Don't know which of these is good, but skaven can be tricky and Itzl is sort of a surrounded on all sides kind of start, can be tricky but you are all but guaranteed to win 1v1 battles with frog wizard.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Now that I have run out of steam in this Vortex Repanse game I'm thinking of trying out Mannfred again, but I would like to make sure I can confederate Vlad and Isabella. I know there is a mod that lets you confederate defeated LLs, but is there one that will open them both up to me if Vlad never recruits Isabella?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1418082981

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Kalessin ofSelidor posted:

I kind of like my way of choosing factions to start with:
“Hey this game is on sale, lemme buy the first and if I like it grab the second when it starts going on sale. Oh poo poo, loving vampires? Hell yeah! Ok what next? Hmmm, let’s try the floaty French lady. Ok that was kinda fun.... how about... the dancing orc, why not”

Then the second game was “Oh poo poo, who dat edgy old lady? Oh hell yeah she just wanna kill everyone to be pretty, loving awesome! Ok, that was rad... lemme be that blond elf lady now, see how it goes”

This is the best game because there is also a dead and alive version of floaty french ladies.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I think you may need to end your turn IN the town to get the water back, and I think it is usually 4 turns worth.

Nah, you can get the water at the drive thru.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Captain Beans posted:

Sounds cool - what is the mod name that lets you start anywhere?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1929748031

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Nash posted:

I love this mod so much. What are some interesting race/starts that would be fun to try out?

I haven’t used it too much, someone did mention bringing Wulfrik to Skeggi was good times. I successfully moved Maleghor to a better start, just had to disband the other horde to do it.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

This makes sieges sound super tedious because my biggest problem with sieges in Warhams 2 is that the defensive towers have infinite range on 90% of the maps which forces you to advance or stack your entire army in a tiny copse of trees, or game the tower angles and put them hugging the side of the map forward of the tower's arc. It makes seiges stupid and it needs to change, so why would I want the AI to have more towers spread around the map forcing me to rush everything forward to die?

Rather than gaming the towers in game why not just get the mod that shortens their range?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Gorelab posted:

Darned elves still don't want to confederate with me! How much more influence do I need to pour into you fuckers. I'm guessing it's probably a strength thing so I guess I should conquer more elves that hate me for now or something.

It doesn't really make sense, but throwing them a few thousand gold on top will usually get them to finally do it.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Are the wood elf friends upgradable via tech/skills? Not sure if I want the DLC or not, don't want units that are only a gimmick

Alarielle has skills that buff them.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

drat, when I saw how many posts were new in the thread I hoped it was a bunch of nerds talking about the physics and aerodynamics of crossbow bolts but instead it’s just all about the new update.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

From that dlc unit video, it seems like the Rogue Idol's idle animation includes it removing its own head and holding it up high. The video cuts it out so I'm not sure, but I really hope it does.

Also, loving lol at the trapper keeper elves comment a couple of pages ago.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Had a weird bug where elf batman sent a generic lord stack to siege Masif Orcal. Grom was in the neighborhood, so I underwayed over there to break the siege. Once Grom arrived in the province, still in underway stance, I ended my turn with the intention of attacking on the next, but during Yvresse’s turn suddenly the siege was lifted, the lord declared dead from battle, and the stack disappeared without any battle being triggered.

Also, got a notification that one of my waaagh armies that was raiding in Reikland was raiding my own territory (Skarsnik’s start region) even though, well, we weren’t there.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Ego-bot posted:

I'm playing as Grimgor and I just defeated Azhag in battle. I now have the option to confederate. If I do this can I get to use Azhag later?

Yes, immediately unless he was wounded in battle, then just once he heals up.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Gejnor posted:

It is me again, coming with a new mod: The Northmen Come!

As the world feasts in the afterglow of all that Green Juju, the north prepares, and now it is set to come in as a crashing tide to the old world!

So some highlights:

*If you have Warden and the Paunch installed, Norsca gains the new Troll units themselves!
(it is not, as the mod says required, if you get this mod and you do not have the DLC the new trolls will simply not show up.)

*Speaking of trolls, they are easier to acquire and recruit, both in your main norscan provinces but also abroad. Throgg's troll skills have been expanded and they (and any other thing that boosts trolls) will also affect your new trolls!

*There are some new techs that give wonderful benefits based on who you play, as Wulfrik you can empower your Marauder's fury into a frenzy and as Throgg, you will find your trolls never tire. In addition, there is a new tech for both lords which imbue Fimir Warriors with regeneration.

*Both Throgg and Wulfrik now have access to the God Specific Choices in their skill tree, and normal Chieftans gain a melee tree as well as their God Choices tree.

*Norscan Garrisons have been upgraded, no more will you sit in woe and despair as your tier 5 settlements are populated by the village idiots.

I hope somebody here will enjoy it!

Definitely will be giving this a go soon, have kind of aborted a couple of Norsca campaigns recently, couldn't get into them so this may be the spice I needed. One question though, do you believe that your mod would conflict with the one that makes Wulfrik have a boat? Not a big deal, but I thought I might use both.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

round 2 now with kislev daddy needs to save up 20k and give his babies perfect vigour

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Twigand Berries posted:

round 2 now with kislev daddy needs to save up 20k and give his babies perfect vigour

Also, Gejnor it looks like stone trolls aren't receiving any recruitment rank bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Suit generates cocaine as part of its life support.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wanna party at the Tower of Khrakk