Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
This battle was so big that I had no idea what was going on at any time. It was pretty amazing though. Warpfire throwers seem a little bit overpowered. And Queek too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Wow, I was doing amazingly well as Queek; beating the elves, skaven and lizards. Then Kroq declared war on me and all my dudes died. Kroq is scary.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

MadJackMcJack posted:

Itza is the home of Lord Kroak, an undead Slann. 3rd Lizardman Legendary Lord?

He's not really undead. He just kinda died and his spirit is still chilling around his dead body.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Ravenfood posted:

Both Kemmler and Ghorst have been significantly buffed recently and might be worth another look-over, but mostly, I agree.

Weren't those changes reverted for mortal empires?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Trying to get the sword of khaine is quite annoying, since it seems like every legendary elf lord rushes it t1.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I finally got around to playing a Skarsnik campaign in mortal empire. Since I've never done this before. Should I just rush mount gunbad? I want to get out of this lovely starting spot.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

turn off the TV posted:

The Beastmen DLC is the only one I don't own because they're dumb and lame.

Beastmen are really fun in coop. You can follow your buddy around and smash things with minotaurs

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Is there a trick to taking karak eight peaks as Skarsnik? This gattle is ridiculous even for my three gobbo armies

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Welp, I took karak eight peaks and Grimgor immediately agreed to confed. I'm not sure I even want to continue now.

Oh god I can't even recruit orcs on Grimgor outside of eight peaks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Old Friends could be the Vermintide crew so they can finally be in a game that is properly updated and maintained.

I just assumed it was going to be Gotrek and Felix. That would also work as a lead in to thanquol

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Guys. How do you lose a siege battle once you get Lord kroak? I can't figure it out.

He gets 900+ kills regularly now and my Nakai game seems pathetically easy.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

smug jeebus posted:

No you should contact Steam and see if it's not too late to return it

Doesn't it let you play as the glorious Tod in multiplayer?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah that's pretty much it. You don't want to meet anyone who isn't another faction of your race unless you're prepared to fight them. The diplomacy system is the weakest part of this game.

It's better than any other total war before though since it's possible to have gamelong allies

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So any highlights from the stealth magic tree? I'm not really sure what it's good for.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I've pretty much conquered all of North America as exiles in mortal empire. Stamping out all the dark elves into the snow and ice. The problem is that everyone else is pretty much allied.

Will they ever break their shield of order alliances? Or should I just start murdering more elves and say gently caress it?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

yikes! posted:

I’d be happy if we never got an AP archer unit again

Counterpoint: Bone Giants and ushtabi are cool as poo poo with those huge loving bows

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Well, immediately after chaos was defeated literally every faction in shield of order declared war against me and crushed me, even though I was friendly with them.

It's a tough life, being Khatep

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
How are ghorst and kemmler nowadays? I remember caster lords were underpowered as gently caress in Warhammer 1

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So uh, every single game I've been playing Tyrion annihilates everyone by about turn 70, is this normal? It's been a while. This is in both mortal empire and vortex.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

pnutz posted:

Also my current Malekith campaign I had 4 stacks of skaven thankfully dispersed by a rebel army that had got to full size :v: Does the tide of enemies to Naggarond slow down at all or can I get some breathing room to Invade Ulthuan?

By now Tyrion has united the island and is about to bash your face in

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 19, 2020

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Geisladisk posted:

How do I make Tomb Kings work? I'm playing vortex as Khotep. My economy sucks and my armies suck. I've barely been scratching out wins against cult of pleasure, but I'm worried that as soon as Malekith decides to come take my lunch money it's over.

Don't play Khotep unless you're experienced with tomb kings. He's the hardest start by far. Settra is probably the easiest.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

SSTDeathFlight posted:

Has anybody found much use for siege equipment? Does it even factor into the the siege auto-resolve algorithm? I just ladder-rush settlements and use the following turns to recover my forces and the handful of times I invested time into siege towers, they just get shredded by settlement defenses.

Siege towers are great if you have super elite guys who don't have shields so they die to arrows. They get them into the walls completely fresh and then they start murdering

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Tomb kings also have great variety in leaders. You've got the super general settra. The vampire lover, the ranged fucker, and the sad boy who gets one of the best artillery units in the game as a mount

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Anyone have any tips for cult of sotek? Starting the campaign without access to Saurus makes me completely baffled

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So in the beta patch they just made it so you can't raise dead on seas again?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Why is warhammer 1 so loving expensive? I just want to play mortal empires with a friend, but gently caress 60 dollars. When does it usually go on sale?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I've been doing beastmen in a campaign. Helping out my newbie friend play tomb kings by burning all his enemies to the ground. What should my armies look like besides minotaurs? And minotaurs? And minotaurs with great weapons.

Lore of the wilds is real good until you start fighting heavy armored people and viletide doesn't work

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

dogstile posted:

Cygors! 20 of them!

But that's so boring :(

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
How the hell do you beat the giant reikland mega confederation?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Ammanas posted:

by winning battles and killing their beaten armies

i dont get this q, in any of its forms. an ai with ton of poo poo is no harder to dismantle than a small faction its just a longer grind

alternately before dow move a couple of elite stacks into their capital provinces and take it from em
the ai usually cant recover

Well they control half of the entire map aside from Egypt and our tomb kings are having a hard time fighting against both them and the dwarfs who both declared war as soon as chaos was defeated

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
What's the deal with reikland? As soon as I beat them and reduce them to one province and march to destroy them they Confederate another random faction and they're alive again

This has happened FIVE times

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
How should I be building vampire coast for sieges? Every time I run up against towers my poor zombies just get annihilated

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Thanks guys, I meant more early game when trying to expand. Don't have access to the big boys yet

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Gamerofthegame posted:

artillery knocks down a tower, your monsters/lords/regular-punk-troops can open a door.

The realistic answer tho is: don't? Why are you attacking a settlement with walls as the vamps? You don't need to expand.

I wanted to take Italy for the ports :(

Also I wanted sartosa for the sweet trade goods

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Mordja posted:

Technically you could play Beastmen, Welves, Norsca, and Chaos in TWW1 where they stand out more. Well, not so much Chaos, but the other races were good for the game they were in.

Welves do well in mortal empires if you're cool campaigning. They get Amber for every settlement their allies have! So they can end up turning into some weird horde army that supports their ally

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Grumio posted:

I wrapped up a Repanse campaign recently and one of my armies got attacked by two stacks of Skaven, mostly trash units.
'Outnumbered three to one? No problem!', I thought. 'My knights will obliterate these skavenslaves'.
Turned out those hordes of skavenslaves spears just bogged down my cav, negating any charge bonus and swarms of slingers plinked my other units to death. Throw in some warp lightning every 20 seconds or so and another unit of knights gets defeated.
It was a humiliating defeat :negative:

If it's a repanse army why didn't you have Grail fanatics and foot knights to chop down those rats?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm playing elves for the first time (Dark variety) and I don't really understand how to use Bolt Throwers. They keep ending battles with the least kills in my entire army, even less than the tanking chaff and easily 1/4th of what any random unit of Darkshards get. I'm not exactly expecting them to match the ludicrous artillery of the stronger factions, but they're just useless atm. Half the time they can't even get 10 kills in a 20stack vs 20stack battle. Tried with single and multiple bolts, checking to make sure they're not being obstructed several times per battle...given the fact that their range is so low as well, are they purely for sniping single characters/monsters or something?

Using multiple shot mode really fucks up unit health and will injure them a ton

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Washin Tong posted:

This is my experience with Wood Elves too. I only did two attempts and they were like this.

Turn 1. gently caress where should I go? Nothing seems like an obvious target.
Turn 2. Sit on my rear end for a few turns and wait, I know beastmen are coming.
Turn 4. gently caress it, this is boring. Let's go out and kill something.
Turn 5. Oh poo poo the tree's on fire poo poo poo poo poo poo

Playing a co-op game on mortal empires I just started murdering orks and dwarfs turn 1 while he united brettonia

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Broken Cog posted:

Just imagine a single faction covering half the map, sending 2-3 armies at you every turn, and never ever going for peace treaties

Oh so it's empire/dwarfs in the current patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I've never actually played an empire game and I've been playing since release. What's so exciting about boring humans?

We all know green is best