Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Man Musk posted:

“I just wanted to say, though, on health care, we have the votes for health care. We have one senator that's in the hospital. He can't vote because he's in the hospital. He can't vote because he's in the hospital. We have two other votes that are coming and we will have them, but the problem is we can't have them by Friday because of reconciliation ends on Friday, so we'll have to do it in January or February. But I feel we have the votes; I'm almost certain we have the votes. But with one man in the hospital, we cannot display that we have them. Plus, some people want to go through a process just to make themselves feel better. That's okay.”

Presidential prevarication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

jerry seinfel posted:

imagine who comes after mcconnell & ryan

who has the clout, overall insanity, and political scheming to take either of their spots?.

draft ur fantasy cruel congress

Gohmert/Moore RAHOWA alliance, Return to Castle Trumpenstein

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Ben Nerevarine posted:

"Absolute boy" is a typo, racist, or term of endearment, what's the better read here

Typo. Meant absolute boor.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

FabioClone posted:

How many of you are Russian bots?

I'm not a bot. I would tell you if I were.

It's the law. You have to.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

You know who else said "Great Job"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEwB5lfhp-Y

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

white sauce posted:

He's a poo poo bird

He's five pounds of poo poo in a two pound bag. No wait, that's our president.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Zeroisanumber posted:

Something, something Pakistan.

No no no it's Ooooh Beki bekistan.

(Salt N Pepa doing it to ooh baby baby baby

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

triple sulk posted:

i'm gonna repeat myself

again

the second trump is ousted, hashtag the resistance considers their mission over because their mission is 1000% about trump being in office. it's not about republicans or republican policy. it's strictly about trump. the best plan is to just let trump stay in office and continue to be loving terrible (despite the ever persistent threat to ending humanity in nuclear hellfire) so he pisses off most of the country but also keeps hashtag the resistance people mad as gently caress so they actually give a poo poo and turn out to vote because you can't totally rely on everyone else and if 2016 taught us anything you really want every vote you can get

if they stop giving a gently caress if he's ousted they don't turn out and you get a republican in office again in 2020, be it a pence on a second term or whatever

There's something in common here with the Republican strategy re: abortion, just can't place it.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Trump really seems more unhinged than usual at this rally.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Addamere posted:

Cost of doing business

aka "leakage"

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bip Roberts posted:

doesn't sound like it's developing

I bet the CDC would differ on that.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Nonsense posted:

You will respect our president's authoritah

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Burp

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

punchymcpunch posted:

i give him one week as potus before he gets impeached

I said Trump wouldn't last a year. I'm still holding onto that dream.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

angerbeet posted:

the prelude is two and a half hours

One of my silly dreams is to rent a beach house on the Outer Banks (if it's still there) and invite all you guys and dolls and have a Ring marathon each night, to completion. I tried this with the in-laws this summer but we didn't make it further than said prelude.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

angerbeet posted:

Wagner was a huge dick and was all "WELL THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF YOUR OPERAS" and invented a bunch of instruments, one of the acts of the operatic work involves 18 literal anvils tuned to the key of F

I don't know how you tune an anvil but it apparently involves being a dick

Wagner is some of the darkest poo poo there is. Beware.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Joementum posted:

the "Hitler or Tony Robins?" game on the tarfu report this week is hilarious. you cannot tell their writing apart

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/914269664804470785

This, loving this

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

skaboomizzy posted:

Dr SexCake must've hooked up Trump with more "energy pills"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKZLOvD9eqA

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

shiksa posted:

some idiot who knew they were under an FBI loving INVESTIGATION got it in her mind that god DAMNIT she's going to get the prize this time.

heh

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

I read a lot of books but have not been able to really embrace or enjoy Gaiman

I respect what he does and he is very good at it

but it's like the Transmet equivlanet of not scaling up very well beyond your teenage years

I just bought a few of his older graphic novels. I suspect that's all I need of Gaiman. I didn't care for American Gods. The beginning was nice, I felt I had a rapport with Shadow. When we got to the furry sex, I was like, ish.

Also watched some pretty nice series on Netflix or something that he apparently wrote. It was cute, enjoyed it very much.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

This illegal download of Godzilla Tokyo SOS has a weird formatting that I do not approve of

Have you seen Godzilla V. Biollante, one of the best.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Rah! posted:

somebody call oprah

Still cracks me up. So good.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Sandman holds up, and the Lucifer spinoff (which Gaiman wasn't directly involved with) is one of my all-time favorite comics.

Let me see:

Eternals
Sandman; The Dream Hunters
Black Orchid
The Compleat Alice Cooper

So I guess this isn't really old stuff after all. I think I got Signal to Noise, too? Sure its somewhere around here.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

redneck nazgul posted:

neverwhere is good, i will fight you

Yeah, that's the TV series I watched. It was enjoyable somewhat like Dr. Who is to me. IIRC it was full of all these Islington references that I observed but didn't really have any point of reference. Had some clever ideas, did great on a budget I imagine.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

So what's the good charity Lastgirl was talking about? It's payday.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

dicks out for the anthem

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Squizzle posted:

i only read this part

im up for w/e your proposing

And you could lecture us on Anatolian religions. Those are the guys that had Nurgle, right?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

punchymcpunch posted:

i think he's kicked off the pricks, so to speak, and is now in full obama microwave mode

Nah.

I was the next to last post in the last page so reposting:

Yesterday somebody was putting up their idea of what a good charity was for Puerto Rico. Can somebody find it again for me? It's payday and I can give a little bit.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

check the donation megathread, there's a bunch to choose from

Oh, okay. Unidos Por Puerto Rico was what you were talking about yesterday, IIRC.

http://unidosporpuertorico.com/

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Thump! posted:

I think I hate this fat piss pig

America won't be great again until he and his kind are out of the government. He really set himself up with a big job, driving America to get out of their loving trance, but he's the man for the job.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

jest tryin to imagine fat old white guys wrestling each other, beating each other up to near death over the nuclear codes

With folding chairs!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jazerus posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:same:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Duscat posted:

is it finally nuclear hellfire week

i'd get my hopes up but i've been burned so many times before

figuratively i mean, not literally, with the nuclear hellfire

Well my skin's burned off
and my hair's gone away
I curse the gods to whom I used to pray

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Thump! posted:

i picked a good time to reenlist

Most likely way to get to do some charity work in a disaster zone. In my cyberpunk future*, the Corps of Engineers will be more important to the world than bombs.

*the present

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Great job, Mr. Precedential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEwB5lfhp-Y

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

MariusLecter posted:

Nitecrew tv should screen Pan's Labyrinth

Seems like the Captain Vidal has won in the end

Then prediction: Trump supports Spanish Fascism bigly before the day is done

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

I don't actually want to drink right now or even look at alcohol for the foreseeable future which is strange given that my first instinct when I was nervous about the interview was to drink most of a growler so maybe it is an addiction holy poo poo

Anybody that drinks a growler of sugary alcoholic beverage not expecting to be hung over clearly doesn't know the ways of alcohol very well.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

Lol remember when the audience at a GOP debate booed Trump when he said nobody was going to die in the street

Now a whole stadium is booing the concept of togetherness and justice

What a loving piece of poo poo this country is

THIS

IS

SNOWCRASH!! crash!! crash!! crash!! crash!! crash!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pharisee

• Locked thread