Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/rhokilpatrick/status/1168461685570428928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
don't be a chucklefuck, friendo, taiwan and south korea have spotless human rights records. must be listening to the orange cheetoh's boyfriend :rolleyes:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

But have you all considered chairman winnie the pooh
https://twitter.com/EnesKanter/status/1452405549438541830

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Pictured: Kim Jong-Un at the opera :patriot:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
C'mon Iraq! Not into leisure?!?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/ShintoPlasm/status/1467423684315029506?s=20
Toothless and ineffective politicians? Thank god we don't have that here :911:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Cant wait to die as a shock trooper in the frontlines of the californian invasion of cascadia

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/FanMahome/status/1468439471062454274

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
As insane as this is i realized it's basically word for word a post you'd see in the D&D thread

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/Gregor_Schwartz/status/1487140542429507585
Lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
that weird D&D dude bringing up uncompelling samey candidates as a reason China does not have democracy is top tier :lol:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The "Whataboutism" thing always baffles me. It's like they believe that because the State Department made a euphemism for "pointing out hypocrisy", they have this magical buzzword that ends any argument. Logical fallacies are fallacies for a reason, you don't just get to shut down any attempt to add a historical context just because you've got this nifty label.

Like say, what if there were a nation-state whose recent illegal military actions led to the death of millions, who consistently, cynically, and constantly flouts international law and the sovereignty of other nations...what if that nation-state were to try using similar moral grounds to drum up military confrontation with a fellow nuclear superpower? Seems to me that the context of their recent history would be important, pertinent, and not just some distraction.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

unwantedplatypus posted:

I can’t believe CSPAM banned a Tiananmen survivor
hey yall it's me ya boy Tankman, your favorite guy who stood in front of tanks EVER
and I just wanted to say, I support the One China principle held by the People's Republic of China and believe Nancy Pelosi should apologize
but I also believe in the principle that everyone deserves a second chance

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
dudes rock

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So cool they're letting china join nato

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lol at these insane people
https://twitter.com/L1011D/status/1605390546285236225?s=19

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Antonymous posted:

the plot of taiwan's greatest film partly involves the dad trying to rip off japanese videogames
What's it called?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
lol
https://twitter.com/AmericanExpat6/status/1620071798800007176?s=20&t=1xdVnsmO6KM192MJ0SjVSA

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

the narrative in the US has already shifted to "this is a massive intelligence boon...for the US! the longer we let the balloon fly around the US the more we can spy on the balloon."

https://twitter.com/Aviation_Intel/status/1621323242614190080

https://twitter.com/Aviation_Intel/status/1621323931763474436

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Weka posted:

New third option just for you.

This is like cow tools for me

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sorry but the only place we have at the Oscars for Chinese narratives are zany films about Asian Americans with mean "tiger moms"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

eSports Chaebol posted:

get out of here with this liberal bullshit. he was a drugged out rapist who put up a blockade of Cuba and almost started a nuclear war over a Soviet response to American escalation just because he didnt want to look like a pussy. he gets credit for the fact that the Soviet leadership was more sane and willing to lose face to avoid a nuclear holocaust than he was. the fact his generals were worse isnt an excuse. he was a dove as much as Nixon was a red

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Need to watch that movie again to determine if it was a fevered vision of the future that came true or an incoherent cocaine dream like I remember it being
It's all of those things as well as the best Phillip k dick movie despite not being based on a pkd book, the best snl movie despite not being based on an snl skit, and the best movie the Rock was ever in.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Centrist Committee posted:

I keep looking for an epub of this but all I can find are pdfs
Hmmm, i would just pm ya but i dont have pms. I dunno if it's kosher for me to just upload my mobi copy and link it....

If you're outside of the USA and can access it (or can just use something like Tor), libgen and zlib both have mobi copies (which you can use calibre or something to convert to epub if you really need epub)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
another anti-muslim absolute loving sicko, what a surprise. wonder how many high fives she gave desantis

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Popy posted:

im the guy right off camera dressed as a harry potter
Me too

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lol
https://twitter.com/acdipping/status/1680361720299270146?t=EIPPBDT3yxJyMn2gGHZt1w&s=19

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Gonna make cspam choose between the taliban and Iran

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Xi was supposed to stop this!!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lmao
https://twitter.com/DrewPavlou/status/1686210385920356352?s=19
I'm cool with the gays! This poo poo is just loving foul!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

He also had an XM8 prototype sent to him in Iraq so he could be the only guy in theatre with the Rifle of the Future.

This is him shooting it stateside during testing. He convinced the Pentagon brass that the 82nd AB was the only unit in the military up to the task of user trials of the new rifle lol.

Well if I was in his position I'd want the coolest newest guns immediately sent to me too
Though I don't know enough about guns so I'm assuming that one's some dysfunctional late era American MIC boondoggle

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah if you're the general the best gear should go up to you

you're the final boss of the military
:hmmyes:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

West stabs Kurds in the back for the 50th time. How quickly they went from "our best allies in Iraq and Syria, elite fighters against ISIS" to "terrorists".

They gave up Marxism Leninism and let Americans set up base on their oil fields and it still wasn't enough to get the minimum of protection.
They did?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
See, I just love this kind of poo poo, as it's not just the realm of reddit but also how a great deal of the Western MIC and military planners actually feel...keep being complacent. Keep being complacent. Yes your neoliberal toys built for oligarch self-enrichment rather than actual strategic reality and cost effectiveness will lay waste to the savages! Totally! Don't change a thing!
Rude awakenings are priceless...as long as they don't lead to nuclear apocalypse.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The levels of permitted racism and orientalism the non-cspam politics threads get into is always incredible. Obviously it gets egregious when discussing states like Russia and China and they can't even satiate their hunger by pretending to keep their attacks on those current governments, it always turns into some sort of tirade about the fundamental characters of those "civilizations". Just this loving idea that the West is some unique civilizational fount of rationality, liberty, etc, it's such a loving evil stupid patronizing ahistorical fascist viewpoint but it's bog standard for these mediocre white idiots and their whitewashed pawns.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Best Friends posted:

I thought that thread was psychotically anti China, but now Chinese infrastructure success has them comparing China to the liberal hero state of nazi Germany. perhaps soon a Chinese civil engineer will get her own standing ovation in a liberal democratic parliament.
that is the interesting thing, so many of them engage with history in that limited "knowing the gently caress out of WW2 stuff, particularly Nazis, almost like I super duper love them and am fascinated and transfixed by the myths of their greatness/'brutal efficiency' that make up so much of the Western historical canon" and they're also kinda Holocaust minimizers/distorters because of their willingness to make equivalencies about how Stalin/Putin/the CCP are "as bad as Hitler/the Nazis". do you want to hug and kiss them or not?? Figure it out.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

“However, the Vatican accused the Chinese authorities of violating the pact in April by unilaterally appointing a new bishop for Shanghai even after it had been agreed that the final decision in appointing bishops lay with the pope.”

I think it’s cool that China is having an Investiture Controversy. If anything, it proves they are a worthy successor to the Holy Roman Empire.
Hoping for an anti-pope in Shanghai by 2030.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

The effects aren’t just economic. Business Insider pointed out that President Biden believes the property crisis reduces the possibility of a China-U.S. conflict over Taiwan. "He has his hands full right now," Biden said of Xi earlier this month. Xi’s efforts to spur his country’s economy are faltering, and some observers fear that means China might ratchet up its designs on Taiwan. Biden disagrees. "I don't think it's going to cause China to invade Taiwan,” Biden said. “Matter of fact the opposite, [the country] probably doesn't have the same capacity as it had before.”
Just the stupidest loving people on the planet for real

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
excuse me but 68 year olds don't just die like that

he was probably speaking out against Xi sending more weapons to Hamas and maybe he figured out which concentration camp Xi has Peng Shuai in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
lmao I'm so stupid this whole time I just assumed "Albanese" was some kind of weird old timey/alternate way of referring to Australians