Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was watching an OSW Review episode and hadn't actually thought at all about the term "Nogger", and how they use it as the name of their fanbase. And so I looked it up and it was based on a What Bar, which was talking about what bar Virgil was.

They seemed very pleased with being able to use something that's almost the N-bomb, and don't even try to justify it by describing his outfit as like the packaging. Do they actually defend it further, or is it literally just an old, lovely, kind of racist joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
edit: wrong thread

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Is this danielson’s second 5 star match, after the one with Omega?

Glad that he’s finally put paid to the old “the sheepherders have more five star matches than danielson” line

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

El Generico posted:

lol Jon Moxley is someone who would absolutely thrive in the brawler filled 'real tough guy' aesthetics of the era Cornette is trying to lionize

Gave the game away too hard with that one, pure trolling

Yeah cornette and russo are pretty blatant about having pivoted fully into harvesting hateclicks, imo

The only thing that matters these days to them is staying relevant to juice their brand and get more attention

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Do not even ask posted:

osw's wcw warrior arc was horrifically boring. do they really need to dedicate an entire episode to thunder where nearly nothing happens and every match they go "eh, they didn't do anything"

I think they thought the warrior run would be way more entertainingly bad

They did not watch as much WCW as I did as a kid, otherwise they would have known better

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

what is "I heart radio"? does anyone know what's going on?

I heart radio is what clearchannel communication rebranded to after they bought up all the radio stations

They are directly responsible for why radio sounds the way it does nowadays

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mjf going face right now would be like if the rock had been a despised heel who had a large stable built around him as the centerpiece and figurehead, which then turned on him, and allowed the crowd to naturally start cheering for him because his act was the exact same as when he got over as a bad guy, but aimed at the bad guys now

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

I mean if you get your wrestling opinions exclusively from Reddit or Youtube Wrestling Journalists then yeah the narrative is that WWE is suddenly amazing and AEW is suddenly the worst wrestling show in history and like personally I've fallen off AEW a lot this year but literally nothing about WWE under HHH makes me want to watch them instead

I feel the same about both aew and wwe, but i’ve been noticing something odd about my antipathy/apathy towards wwe’s product

I suspect a big part of that is the fact that I do not watch WWE anymore, so the constant reinforcement of who are stars to me(aew wrestlers) has completely beaten out the folks on the wwe roster, who all feel to me like they are either being squandered(KO, new day) or aren’t stars(riddle, corbin, theory). any time i look at wwe stuff, it’s either people i like who my extremely biased, tribalistic brain says “they would be better in aew”, or people that my extremely biased brain says “don’t recognize, doesn’t have the look, not a real star”.

I wonder if i started watching wwe regularly again, if that would change.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
there should be more shining wizards in american wrestling

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so did punk ever get fired from AEW or what

He is currently healing from injuring himself and will either be fired when he is healthy or brought back when he is healthy

Depending on professionalism and ability to behave like an adult on all sides, of course

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

looking forward to match 7 of Elite/Death Triangle when Kenny comes out with a huge lump on top of one of his rear end cheeks

I am already crushing a bunch of glass to put into a dixie cup to masturbate with when AEW releases a video of kenny’s rear end and lower back

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Suplex Liberace posted:

im sorry his what?!?

When your voice goes up at the end of all your sentences like you are asking a question

But maple

Edit: haughty canadian uptalk is a good name for a pub trivia team or something

Not a band

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

:siren: New Dave Lore?:siren:

Dave's brother was hit by a car while riding a unicycle.

That drat Rikishi strikes again

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
No fire alarm beeps, no paper shuffling, cant possibly be dave

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey is there an easy way to have stuff from patreon appear in a podcast aggregator? I finally bit the bullet and subscribed to deadlock’s patreon and while the streamable links work, I would hugely prefer an audio only feed

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Suplex Liberace posted:

like audio of sgh and watch this?

Yup, exactly. If that would involve ripping audio files, too much effort, i will just use the patreon app, but the patreon app doesnt keep playing if I lock my phone

First world problems

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lone Goat posted:

I don't sub to deadlock but most patreon pods have an rss feed you can import into a good podcast player.

From a web browser, go to the deadlock patreon page, click on Membership tab, and look for Listen On Other Podcast Apps with an rss link you can paste into your aggregator.

Dunno if that link is accessible from the patreon app, I couldn't find it.

Nice, thanks!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

Yeah that really might have been one of their best SGH's, a lot of genuine WTF reactions from them throughout it. I hope they do the next one at some point, sounds like this episode was pretty popular so it seems likely.

Isn’t ufc 2 the one with joe son (random task from austin powers) and the fight where he got his balls obliterated?

drat, upon looking it up, that’s ufc 4

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wanna see the deadlock boys get to ufc 4, or maybe even skip to that one

They will lose their minds for joe son getting his balls annihilated, it will be amazing

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

Hell, him being deadset against the Acclaimed to the point that the Kingdom are his only alternative seemed like the obvious ending.

I was expecting to see mjf run through all the stables, either being turned down or turning them down

House of black just stares him down, planet Jarrett was perfect, callis family gives him the douchechills, best friends just stare and then walk away...

If they are gonna do an all show story, do it. I wanted to see another Samoa Joe and max encounter. It would have been fun seeing the butcher and the blade and kip try to offer and be turned down, or a lance archer moment of showing up and saying only if he gets a title shot, only for max to make some joke about how he already has a guy like that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

NikkolasKing posted:

This is a little older now but we were just talking in Wrestling Questions thread about how Sid is the Platonic Ideal of American pro-wrestling. Some folks agreed with me there and it looks like they said as much on the Nash podcast, too If you wee to make a wrestler in a lab in the 80s, you would get Sid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9nTs615Rk

My one complaint about sid is his hair

The ramen hair always cut the menace of his crazy eyes, imo. That and the jorts he wore for like the whole last half of his run.

My two complaints about sid are his hair and his jorts

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RealityWarCriminal posted:

glad that Ishii's in and Randy Orton isn't

blandy boreton should never be in the hof and batista should be

Ok thanks bye

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They keep telling is that this episode of raw is the worst episode of raw ever

I need them to watch the zz top raw

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

all i remember is that it was edge and orton grunting in a warehouse by themselves for like 45 minutes, total slog

There was a spot that was reminiscient of how benoit hung himself from his bowflex setup, so that’s cool and good

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

wasn't this the match before The Greatest Match Of All Time, like they had that match and then even in kayfabe they were like "that match stunk, so lets have a rematch and this time it'll be The Greatest Match Of All Time"

drat, guess i need to watch the product

I’m not gonna watch the product

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

i think the reason bryan uses youtube tv is so he can watch the shows as easily from cannon beach as he can from home

Apparently not very easily if he keeps getting the end cut off

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

johncraig posted:

I want to listen to the Deadlock boys talk ufc. are they patreon only? 9f not, what numbered episode?

Deadlock is an absolute pro-level patreon subscription

Even if you subscribe to nothing else, deadlock is worth every penny

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

El Generico posted:

Mace is more commonly known as Better Woolie

Woolie is better brennan imo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Countouts are a story trope to start looking into by like, C2-4

No need to worry about or emphasize them in the very first one

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Good Listener posted:

It's still weird to me Deadlock doesn't have a patreon RSS feed or even non-video patreon version in general.

Didn’t they have a catastrophic round of WWE coming in and copywrite striking a shitload of their stuff early this year or last year?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat, they hit 2009 but not my personal pick for worst raw ever, the zz top raw

And now they may never watch it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo this whole episode is stunning, I have not laughed so hard at anything as I did at Jawnny and James in the Saw room

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

gently caress mike quackenbush

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Detheros posted:

Tony only seems low energy because most of it is going to his massive hog.

I have it on good authority that is a garden hose he is trying to shoplift

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

fart blood posted:

Why is Dave wearing that sweater

Little thing called style, look into it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JethroMcB posted:

I looked it up out of morbid curiosity, they made a Keurig for cocktails. As dumb and wasteful as it sounds.

What if they just sell juicero bags with alcohol in them and people start buying the bags and not bothering with the base unit

Just stick a straw in and party, like a blackout rage gallon

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JethroMcB posted:

Oh I should have clarified: They sell cocktail flavoring pods, the end user still has to supply the spirits (Because liquor laws in America are a patchwork nightmare.) So it's sour mix, but now it's one drink's worth and it's in an individual plastic pod. And they run like $3.50 a piece.

I do not think I personally would invest in that product

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

People already do this with boxed wine bladders

Well, are boxed wine companies trying to sell expensive tech gadgets to interface with their product? If not, they probably should, people seem to like that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I listen to John pollock and Wei ting’s POST wrestling podcasts after dynamite most weeks, and they spent a good long time talking about that Sean Strickland guy and how much he sucks, and boy howdy am I glad I don’t have any emotional ties to UFC

That dude would inflict psychic damage on me every show if he was on dynamite, gently caress that guy

Double gently caress him for making me worry for a split second that swerve went off the deep end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

Sounds like DSOTR is going for more season one-esque wacky wrestler stories rather than tackling anything controversial.

What are you talking about, they have the fertile ground of the buff bagwell story to shock and horrify