Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Go RV! posted:

The ones I listen to that aren't on that list:

We Watch Wrestling
: Three comedians talk about wrestling, are genuinely enthusiastic about it. One is a former WWE writer. They talk mainly about WWE, NJPW and way too much about PWG. Also features the best Vince impression out there. Comes out Wednesdays.

I like this show but I think Matt can be kind of overbearing sometimes

flashy_mcflash posted:

Marty and Sarah Love Wrestling on the MLW network is pretty fun and has a refreshingly different format than "wheezing shut-ins talk for 3+ hours". It's basically like Comedy Bang Bang but about wrestling, and it probably has the fewest Bad Opinions out of all the wrestlepods I listen to.

This ones my fave weekly wrestling show though. Way bigger on fun and jokes than most other wrestling shows I've listened to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lid posted:

His obsession with drawing during that particular era as the defining feature or Orton to be a HoF just elicits question marks from me. When I think of WWF or WCW Hall of Famers the standard more than drawing is memories. Lets take Ted DiBiase who was already in the HoF in 1996 - maybe people only partly watched wrestling but everyone beyond remembered The Million Dollar Man, legendary manager and self-promoter and laugh. Bryan on an utterly unrelated topic years ago when talking about Randy Savage talked about how before Savage died when people would find out he was a wrestler they would ask him "you remember the Macho Man?" because he was more than a draw, he was an iconic entity. It's by this standard why i'm more forgiving of Sting too because Sting is, ironically, the icon.

Orton... no one is going to be "you guys remember the Randy Orton?" When you look back at the ruthless aggression/PG era Orton was always in the main events but no one is like "oh man that Orton". He stands waaaaaaaay behind John Cena, and even Batista and no one even talks about Batista as a HoF. Edge even is remembered more with his Rated R run, him being with Vicky Guerrero.

But it all comes back to house show draws, ratings and workrate for Dave on Orton and everyone else looking at Dave saying "you're wrong".

Well if you're trying to do a "legit" HoF you should probably stick to a non subjective metric

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Excalibur and Chuck are the best announce team and no one else is even close

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

algebra testes posted:

Wait why are people mad on twitter about New Japan Matches on TV? I am very confused. Or is this just "wrestling twitter is bad being the sole constant factor on this earth"

It’s an incredibly minor semantic argument about one award that the wrestling mans readers vote on

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh no it’s infected the thread

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cena/Nakamura just being a rando smackdown tv match is criminal

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Low Ki will do a ban me like that gamergate guy but it’ll be about self actualization

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Why would anyone listen to Eric Bischoff

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Tom has mostly been good recently, but he did use the four letter R word rather uncomfortably today describing the Steiners match, if that bothers you.

I legit have no idea what this is

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh gotcha

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Finding out Tankor was Rhinox broke my heart as a kid

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

Zipcode 42069 :cool:

That’s Melber, Kentucky apparently

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In their defence, WWE has a habit of glomming on to some pretty lovely flavor of the month groups; for every Motorhead, which have a long rich legacy with rock and metal, there's 10 Union Underground's.

Sounds like you want my generation to take the fall

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bryan barely understanding audio despite doing it for a living for so long will always be funny

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I used to really enjoy listening to his podcast even if I didn't always agree with him, but the episode where he just went off on a tirade about how Muslims are all evil really, really put me off. Especially weird considering how he has so many liberal opinions (or at least anti-conservative, I guess).

The classic Bill Maher liberal

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

LividLiquid posted:

Knife edge chops are the dumbest move in wrestling because they look like they don't hurt at all but they super loving hurt.

What are you talking about

They don’t have to look like they hurt, they sound like they hurt, and everyone can empathize with the feeling.

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 4, 2018

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

LividLiquid posted:

I didn't say they weren't safe. I just think they look dumb as gently caress. Turns out it's an incredibly unpopular opinion.

You ever see a movie you thought was trite dogshit but everybody sings its praises and you can't understand why, and clearly you're missing out on the enjoyment everybody else is getting? That's where I'm at with this.

And again, this is a personal thing, but it just doesn't look to me like they hurt at all even though I know they absolutely do.

I super can't understand why whipping your hand, back-handed, at an oppononent's chest is supposed to hurt more than getting punched in the loving face. You've got the guy trapped in a corner, and you're gonna' whip the back of your hand at him instead of rearranging his jaw?

It's sorta' the same problem I have with the WMD punch and the Brogue kick. If your finisher is that simple, why aren't you doing it every time you have the opportunity? Why, if you can take a guy out with one punch, are you not using that punch every time you punch them?

Wrestling is dumb and fake as poo poo, and we all accept said stupid all the time, but sometimes little things bug me.

Why does any wrestler do any cool move. Why do a suplex when you could just drop the other guy on his head. Why do a powerbomb when you can just do a piledriver.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah it's the same reason the big awards movies come out at the end of the year, people remember the last good thing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Kimoa Kid posted:

What's Jerusalem's patreon account

It’s just a crumbling well that you throw old gold coins into and recaps come out

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

njsykora posted:

Probably the same way I know about it, showing up in Youtube recommendations constantly despite never clicking on one of their videos.

Ah, the Watchmojo method

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I was just handed this information from a credible source, apparently Cabana said CM Punk’s elbow drop was, and I’m quoting here, “More like CM Junk.” This got back to Punk, and it all snowballed from there.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dave's a one percenter

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

God look at that gigantic shirt

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

That's fine, get it sorted while you can but your priority right now should really be making sure your bank is taking care of these charges for you. Good luck!

No their priority is doing the funny name thing

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

One day somebody will convince Dave to digitize all his papers and put them onto hard drives, which he will then spill all over his floor and walk through every time he moves from his desk.

It’ll look like the black hole picture hard drives

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

rovert posted:

Cornette said she (and a heel manager who would talk her up before she'd appear on camera) should play up being biologically born male and make it part of the gimmick that she has an unfair athletic advantage against all the women in the division due to her past.

And have a Gail Kim type eventually beat her. Kinda like TNA with the monster heel Awesome Kong and Gail Kim.

Lean in on bigotry and the current discussion in female sports basically.

Thinks Wrestling companies are too concerned with a relatively small number of constantly offended fans than actually drawing heat and money.

Woah, this suck rear end

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Vertical Lime posted:

after listening to a third of it, the part about austin letting hogan run his mouth is true

austin is now cancelled, isn't he

I mean he hit his wife

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Coaaab posted:

And on that note, let's look back around the timeframe when Cody announced his departure:

also

What a bunch of idiots

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

What’s wild about the roster thing is Orange Cassidy is out there still working his full indie schedule.

Well he’s a hot property

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Love to defend someone by comparing them to one of the worst people on the planet

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hmmm

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Melina had the best match ever with Alicia Fox

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’m gonna guess it’s related to the Ring Boy Scandal

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Incessant Excess posted:

What on earth is he wearing

Appears to be a pure white zip up cable knit sweater

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Eat My Fuc posted:

Well I don’t buy that any publishing company asked Dave to write a major biography either. Dave is not a good writer, never has been or will be. He is known because he used to get inside
information in a time when wrestling was very popular. He isn’t regarded by anyone as being even decent at writing the idea he could do anything outside his own format which is super
limited is insane. How in the gently caress could Dave write a movie, he can’t even hold a conversation with Bryan without misunderstanding non literal figures of speech. Dave writes great obituaries because it’s a simple format you just retell life events in order over a few pages max. The idea he could continue his style over an entire book and it would stay coherent or interesting is bizarre. Why has he never been given this opportunity before in decades? Suddenly one of the biggest publishers in the world is going to give a book like that to a newsletter guy who has never written anything like it? I do not buy it.

A biography is just an obituary with a to be continued at the end you buffoon

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ricochet has never been able to talk and yet was a big star everywhere except wwe hmm

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ricochet is nothing like Rey Mysterio, a prodigious talent wasted by wwe

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Are we really gonna' Always Bad loving Ricochet?!

I specifically Always Good’ed him you fiend

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I bet FTR listen to Serial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dax likes My Favorite Murder, but Cash is a Comedy Bang Bang man