Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Man I was hoping for a follow-up to the forever war so the everywhere war seems like a good sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

I went into the hospital for a checkup and imagined a bomb raining down on the entrance but thought nothing of it, I have intrusive thoughts often. I then saw a middle eastern man in pain walk while trying to take it in stride and I just about broke down.
dti and all its enablers. Bring it all down.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

holy loving poo poo even the whole 'peaceful rave being attacked' bit was a loving lie

https://twitter.com/carlo_5518/status/1711822868483383663?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg
Is it me or are the people with guns conspicuously often surrounded by the ones without?

Another thing I noticed was wildly varying reports of how many were "killed" at the festival, while the number of "bodies found" is often 260. Killed I've seen dozens, up to 109, some secondary websites referring to the 260 number but themselves referring to articles mentioning "bodies". Is there a place this ZAKA publishes reports?

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Zaka was founded by this guy and they have been known to widely exaggerate claims to make money.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...d3-bdfda1470000

I'm sure but I was just wondering what language they used. Like are they being intentionally vague or did they use multiple words in multiple reports while the tally was running, or did journalists use different words?

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Dutch state media reporting on Gaza:
"Without electricity and water, life goes on"

I'm out

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Maximo Roboto posted:

Isn't playing chess haram. I mean this is fine because he seems to just be displaying a chess set

I asked for tabletop game figurines. idk they seem pretty well done and not very chessy
free al-saqr

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

speng31b posted:

what the gently caress is your problem

been saying this

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

he's getting shredded in comments lol, learning a lot
e: actually skip it, the misery tweets soon follow

Leandros has issued a correction as of 02:37 on Oct 12, 2023

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

This made me laugh uncontrollably for a good hour when I saw this thanks so much I needed that.

ok be back soon to make write-ups and share breaking news from arabic news sources.

Happy to hear it :unsmith: welcome back
e: I didn't read the last pages, gently caress me I'm gonna be sick

Leandros has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Oct 17, 2023

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol very appropriate for the white devil to rip off their masks the second they lose two proxy wars in a row.

honestly I've completely given up on liberal democracy, it's pretty clear that parliamentary democracy in which the reactionary rightwing CEO's have enough wealth to get their guys in power effectively is the same as a lifetime single party state, so if that's gonna be the case anyways you might as well make that single party state like china or cuba and force a reality that everyone must abide to even the wealthy, it's the only way to whip and bring the billionares to heel and stop them from poisoning the society with propaganda.

Wilders has been accused of being pro-Russia (which I doubt is true or will last as he actually joins a cabinet for once) but either way the Netherlands has about 0 industrial capacity for arming anyone. At most it'll be some posturing, not like our government hasn't already happily gobbled up whatever poo poo America and Israel shouted out. As for the average Dutchman, I'm reminded of
https://twitter.com/SaschaJanssen/status/1464311811348602881

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

CheetoVonTito posted:

So this is actually the real deal.

The Al Aqsa Flood Hacker Group successfully breached the Israeli Defense Agency.

From someone who works as an ethical hacker, please understand how INSANE this is.

https://x.com/middleeastmnt/status/1727768239017492725?s=46

This is extra funny if you take into consideration that Israel is huge in cybersecurity, a lot of it flowing from its Unit 8200, but I guess the neoliberal rot has even translated to poor cybersecurity best practices.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Spaced God posted:

Hamas dot wix dot com
Hamas dot blogspot dot com
I'm not sure if you're joking but it really is a wix site: https://whois.domaintools.com/hamas.com

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

That dung could be for anything really

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Lich king Biden is mad that Netanyahu hosed up his one job:-

=======================================

The Washington Post on an American official: We bear many burdens because of Israel, and Netanyahu is concerned with political considerations and we need someone to make correct decisions

The Washington Post, according to informed sources: The impact of Israel’s war on Gaza on the White House is greater than any other issue during the presidency of Biden, and 20 White House employees requested a meeting with Biden’s senior advisors to hold a discussion on this issue.

The Washington Post, according to American officials: Biden strongly criticized Netanyahu regarding civilian casualties and settler violence in the West Bank, and we are concerned that the prolonged conflict in Gaza increases political and diplomatic pressure on Biden.

https://x.com/AJArabic/status/1728753579819692329?s=20

Requesting update to

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Are there any figures on Hamas rocket attack casualties on October 7? I can only find historical stats on wikipedia. I'm discussing the conflict with a receptive friend and have been blowing his mind wrt the rape claims fizzling out and for some reason he believes a large fraction of deaths are attributed to rockets rather than small arms + IDF. I basically drunkenly claimed fewer than a dozen people were killed by them and if we go by the stats from 2001-2015 it stands to reason that is the case (and potentially fewer if iron dome+early warning worked properly). Finding info on the web has been hard for a couple of years now but this war has kicked it into overdrive in my experience.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

scattering supplies via air into hostile territory doesn’t sound like a good idea to me

I wouldn't say scattering, that implies having no control over where they land. These are probably GPS-guided parachutes like the JPADS, so I'm sure they all went to roughly the same spot. Whether that spot is actually secure is another matter. So I guess it's potentially worse than scattering :)

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

What is even the point of these? Hamas has no top attack AT missiles nor (afaik) drones with tandem warheads and I imagine that 99 out of 100 times they can just aim for an exposed bit if using dumb missiles.

Leandros has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Dec 11, 2023

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

This is parenthetically something I wonder about Israel's conscript army, because power washing out the blood and recovering human remains is very, very hard on the REMEs. I know they had a lot of issues in 2010 when it seemed like LAVs and RGs were getting blown up every week, and they had to tear down the vehicles to repair or scrap them, while recovering whatever parts of the crew were in there.

What would be the point of washing these husks anyway? Any quench hardening on the alloys will be undone by slowly cooling off naturally after the fire is gone.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Wait didn't everyone accidentally cauterise their senses as an early teen by visiting places like ogrish and rotten before Google took off and the web was still mostly found through word of mouth? just kidding, it actually seared horror into my brain that can be readily recalled 20 years later

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

^^I think they just meant not wanting a tweet that potentially gets a thumbnail of dead children added to it later, but being fine with the reporting otherwise.

Oglethorpe posted:

does a plasma-heated(?) rod create super-heated air in a confined space pretty quickly?

I think the round on the inside is like being shot point blank by one of those dragon shotgun shells, but with more bigger sparkly burning metal. It quickly slows down and dumps its heat inside the cabin but the heat is probably not the worst aspect. It's being shot point blank with molten metal. For APCs anyway. In a tank it'll cause more boom
e: the above applies to not being in the direct line of fire of course

Leandros has issued a correction as of 02:38 on Dec 12, 2023

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

it makes a huge pressure front that ends people i think

the liner gets through the armor then the shockwave pushing it into the tank is the force that does the damage

I imagine that the main shockwave does not in fact contribute that much as it is going much faster than the copper, so its gone by the time the armour is penetrated. Could be wrong.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

I had a friend who swore he saw a documentary while not entirely sober that claimed the crew got turned into soup and blasted through the exit hole. He never could find it back and it seemed so unreasonable a death. Like, you're dead, but you're also a Jackson Pollock painting. I'll pass on the good news.
e: should probably spoiler the textual gore

Leandros has issued a correction as of 03:15 on Dec 12, 2023

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

crepeface posted:

lol Wagner Nazis and Kadyrov butchers

were they even in Mariupol

Wasn't kadyrov driving the Azovstal pow bus

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

i say swears online posted:

EFPs were a later development after basic IEDs, and by then I think the army was mostly in MRAP mode, so iunno how many examples of abrams getting got there actually are from the mid-2000s

Is this the case? The RAF used one in 89 so I imagine the working principles were well known.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Not gonna work for poo poo in a bombed out husk of a city. Also doesn't magically grant situational awareness, which seems to be the main issue with the IDF.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

I haven't thought the physics through but if Palestinian missiles in general are essentially kinetic weapons (the warheads are puny) then doesn't Iron Dome, operating in the downward phase (and thus over Israeli cities) actually just make matters worse by introducing more debris?

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Is there any further confirmation on the forced suicide bombings? I discussed it with someone who loves their security studies degree and he told me this was tried in Afghanistan by Talibs and that forcing people to do this when they have no reason to believe you won't kill their family anyway does not work well.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Torpor posted:

Is it suicide bombing or are they using palestinians to lay mines and traps in the tunnels? Sancho's post seemed to indicate a video equipped bomb, at least, was a semi confirmed thing.

The video in that article shows a camera being lowered into a tunnel, not a person walking in. It doesn't show anything about how the bomb was placed however.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Bereaved Mother: Stop stealing my dead son’s cum you sick freaks

IDF: No this is for you

Wait is this what the release said? I understood it to mean the parents have control over whether or not to tase the balls, and that the soldiers are not even informed about that potentially happening.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

The political leadership of both Hamas and the Palestinian islamic Jihad are both in Cairo, Egypt to discuss with the Egyptian government doing a ceasefire deal with Israel, the stance of the palestinian resistance factions are all unified around a single position:- All for All.

==============================

Urgent | A leadership source in Hamas: A delegation from the movement headed by Ismail Haniyeh arrives in the Egyptian capital to meet with Egyptian officials.

Urgent | Secretary-General of the Islamic Jihad Movement, Ziad al-Nakhalah: A delegation from the movement headed by the Secretary-General will head to Cairo within days.

Urgent | Al-Nakhalah: The prisoner exchange will take place through the principle of all for all, in a political process agreed upon by the Palestinian forces, led by Hamas.

https://x.com/AJABreaking/status/1737411326723428460?s=20

They should add that Bibi's trial commence immediately as demand. It would probably fully scuttle negotiations and they would not be in the wrong internationally.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Looking forward to a blossoming Houthi luxury car culture

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

how the gently caress do you wander around for 5 days, it would take two hours to walk to the east fence from anywhere in Gaza

serpentining around all the other triggerhappy IDF squads

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

i was just thinking about it and hamas have basically perfected the psychology of armed resistance

from the individual members to ubeida & their propaganda/pr video people they make no errors in their messaging and waste no energy on bullshit

they never ever unintentionally put out anything that dampens their fight or waters down their message, their press stuff is always straightforward, accurate, enough detail to have an actual purpose behind it being said but short enough to absorb easily like they don't cut a single corner

israel is having to fake bad hamas pr non-stop because there's no real bad PR to signal boost

If the west was running their messaging, after the red triangle thing caught on they'd have started some stupid meme poo poo with red triangle thanos destroying the second half of game of thrones and still just been doing red triangle nafo and totally lost the fuckin plot
but instead they've just stayed focused on showing people they can and will defeat israel

its crazy what you can accomplish when you're doing stuff for actual reasons

Is it actually confirmed Obeida is a single person or do they just put random dudes in there? Because that would amuse me to no end, IDF special hunter teams trying to kill the dude and never being recognised as the low drag operators they want to be. And many of them dying in the attempt.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Reveal yourself

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Arven posted:

The funniest part about World War Z is that because of it the author Max Brooks has fellowships at the Atlantic Council and West Point. He has an interview with Dan Carlin (I know), where it's apparent what an absolute moron he is to the point that Carlin is baffled by it.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Acelerion posted:

Israel destroyed by infected mushrooms

As it was foretold

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Another NYT rape piece. What did Israel do now that they need media running need interference?

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

well they’re regularly doing mass murders of children so there’s always that

Yes but have they killed any whites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

cool, just journalists asking, pleading, for more death. Just casually demanding war upon a people. Like are they aware of what they ask? That the people that die are real people with families and all that poo poo?

Some dumb loving nerd in an office crying that the deaths are not high enough yet, how can we set even more of the region on fire.

Dude works at a foreign policy think tank, he is not a journalist by any stretch. Columnist on the other hand, now that's clearly a word that needs to be retired.