Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Elias_Maluco posted:

iirc same book also tells god gave them Canaan and actually demanded them to genocide all natives the first time they conquered it

Its a very problematic book that does says "murder bad" but has plenty of parts were the heroes commit god-approved murder and genocide. Also many times god himself does those things
I'm not a follower of that book, but my interpretation is that the commandments only apply to their in-group. Murder is only bad against other people of the book (sometimes). It's completely neutral, or even justified, to murder other groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

If they were smart (lol), Genocide Joe and his people could have ridden the somewhat decent PR to come from this UN resolution (they abstained rather than flat out vetoing this time). But no! They insist on riding the bullet train to hell with Israel, and [burger]I hope they're punished for it come November[/burger].
I'm sure they're thinking of it in "smart" realpolitik terms. Israel is Amerikkka's colony and base of operations in the middle east, full of nice people they want to support over the "obviously" much more violent, hateful native population. All this poo poo about trying to "reign in" Israel is pure theater, and is only happening because the empire is weakening and weakens further every second that shipping and other trade is delayed.

lobster shirt posted:

not sure this torah exegesis conversation is good or needs to continue
I mean, it's explicitly part of what Israel is using to justify their genocide. It's worth talking about in that context, isn't it?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Let us elect the Earth Mother as president. It's Her Turn.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

bedpan posted:

Hillary?
No, the Earth Mother.

No, I said the real Earth Mother.

Perfection.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Chamale posted:

Characters point out repeatedly that the zombies are impossibly tough, as if there's some kind of magic allowing them to keep fighting despite enormous injuries and years without food or air. Then the US military gets its rear end kicked because they figure "The zombies can't defeat us, we have artillery!"
Zombies like in zombie media could never exist or be any kind of threat except through magic, so I'm completely okay with them having arbitrary mystical rules. Trying to give zombies a purely scientific explanation is imo the biggest misstep of more recent zombie stories. A little science is good for flavor, but the idea that a bacteria or virus or whatever makes dead people immune to being stopped except by a bullet or sword to the head, and also makes them want to do nothing but eat brains, is much sillier.

Also, holy death to the empire.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

crepeface posted:

stfu about zombies thank U
No thank U

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Jakabite posted:

can’t see it unless for some reason you still have an account on the Nazi paedo site
This is a problem on all social media, not unique to twitter.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Stuff like international law and condemnation of genocide might not seem like it matters, and it often doesn't... until it does. The balance of power can shift wildly and quickly. The governments around Israel might not do poo poo when they invade Rafah (they already have, they're just keeping it quiet precisely so the counterattacks against them from other places don't get even more severe), but countries are far more than just their governments. We here in amerikkka would also do well to remember this. Sustained effort is what wins every struggle in the world, not just expecting one big event to finally collapse the bad guys.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

joepinetree posted:

The country currently enforcing the blockade on Gaza on their very own border isn't about to invade Israel.
Again, the "country" enforcing the blockade is not the people of that land. That government is an imposition, and one that is showing cracks of its own.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

joepinetree posted:

And what the gently caress does that distinction have to do with whether the government is currently amassing troops to invade Israel?
Troops to invade are not the only form of resistance. (Also look at the Houthis- they're helping too.)

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Weka posted:

American might, military and economic, is not what it once was.
This. The empire is in its death throes, and rightly so.

thechosenone posted:

If Egypt did invade I'd imagine it'd be nothing to do with morality, and more that they'd see it as a way to get Ansarallah off their backs and restart their ports, combined with thinking that the US is basically as spent as it's gonna be and can't meaningfully do worse than it already has for them, and that China would be a better sugar daddy anyways. If they think about civilian opinion it is only in terms of how many dollars dissent currently costs minus or how much pro Palestinian sentiment would (if any) defer costs of such a move.

Edit: Basically if the dog thinks it can slip it's leash and get better chow with the neighbor next door, it may just do so.
Resistance can be out of self-interest too, no one said it had to be based on morality.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Honky Mao posted:

Egypt invading Israel? Come on now
Come on and what? Have actual imagination, instead of accepting the status quo as eternal and unchangeable?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

genericnick posted:

Egypt isn't going to invade Israel
Lots of other countries in the world champ

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

joepinetree posted:

And again, what the gently caress does that have to do with whether Egypt is, at this moment, preparing troops to invade Israel?
Please go back and re-read my posts, I was never referring only to Egypt.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

thechosenone posted:

I don't think anyone is going to invade unless they think they have to or would benefit. Ultimately since this is pretty rough to follow I don't really get much out of baseless speculation. Orbs, who do you think could/would invade, delineated by either nations or demographic, and why/how? If you don't know that's fine, but maybe it isn't necessary to get your hopes up then.

Thank you for your service I suppose
Of course I don't know that, no one does. That's my whole point. I am talking long term, like years or decades. Israel is not eternal, and neither is Egypt's current military.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Ham posted:

The posts about Egypt invading anything have to be from a different reality. Any troop buildups near the border are minimal and are meant to control a potential exodus into the Sinai by Palestinians, no more and no less.

This is not to say such an exodus wouldn't eventually lead to a conflict with Israel in the near future, but Sisi and the government will only ever get as far as making noise about suspending the peace treaty and pushing more troops to the border.

Sisi and those same institutions people mention have received the following amounts announced just over the past month:

35 billion USD from the UAE for land usage rights of a plot on the Mediterranean - how the hell is it worth this much, no one knows
8 billion EUR from the EU for upgrading Egypt's diplomatic status to a "strategic partner", mostly in the form of concessional loans
8 billion USD facility increase from the IMF

No one in power in Egypt is about to oppose the US regime.
This is exactly the limited, short term thinking I'm trying to push back against. That money wasn't always there, and it is starting to dry up.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

joepinetree posted:

Are you under impression that anyone here controls any part of the egyptian military?
No, not at all. I just see a lot of defeatism from people I interact with here and elsewhere online. Like everyone has already given up on anything changing. I'm trying to have hope. The Palestinians still do.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Al-Saqr posted:

It's not the limited short term thinking it's describing someone as they are there's a difference between being hopeful and being stupid, the egyptian regime is custom-built to be a backbone of subduing and enslaving egyptians to the benefit of the US, ISrael and the UAE this is how it's acted for 50 years and that's the character of the people running the place, it's calling it as it is. expecting them to actually do anything that doesnt involve serving their masters and enriching themselves is stupidity.

the 'hopeful' part is wishing the day they are overthrown and killed wholesale. the cold harsh truth is that palestine will never be saved until the people who rule Egypt, Jordan, the UAE and Saudi arabia are killed and run over, there's no other path forwards unless that happens.

However, my realistic assessment is that arab people are too traumatised by what happened over the last decade, too poor and desperate or too sheeplike slaves and brainwashed to want to do anything. sadly this is the reality unless proven otherwise.
Palestinians aren't too traumatized to resist. It's not stupid to recognize that people are more than their governments, especially ones like Egypt's and Saudi Arabia (and Amerikkka).

mags posted:

believing naive fantasy isn’t praxis. Egypt isnt going to do poo poo

Seyser Koze posted:

Congrats on trusting a source that spreads misinformation at a 20% rate
Doesn't that say it's specifically about the search, not Tik Tok itself? But either way, I don't get information from videos there. I'm sure plenty are valid (80% not misinfo is a better ratio than western media, lol), but my old brain can't handle the format.

I get my info from articles and analysis mainly. I highly recommend J. Sakai's Settlers - The Mythology of the White Proletariat from Mayflower to Modern, which is about the entire history of the USA's settler colonialism, including in the post-ww2 era that gets into why Israel is an important colony to its empire. Many of my posts are just, extrapolating the information I've gleaned from that, analyzing the present with it. There is only a brief chapter on Israel sadly, but the groundwork laid by previous chapters kind of covers all of it anyway.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I KNEW it.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

OH MY BAD posted:

lol he said i KNEW it like hes john colombo. im not in your weird little computer guy beefs friendo i just post here when im stoned and not at my warehouse job
Look out rich criminals, because I AM (femme) John Colombo irl. If you ever do anything bad I WILL find out.

And another, thing, :words:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Elias_Maluco posted:

Please americans don’t vote for this disgusting villain
It doesn't matter if we vote for him or not. He sucks a lot, to be clear, but the military has already chosen war, and they're the real power in this country.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Elias_Maluco posted:

I never knew you guys had military regimes in the USA
It's what the entire thing is. Look at how completely "trusted" the military is in polls. Look at how everyone blindly trusts soldiers and thanks them for their service (while not giving them any healthcare, of course). Look at how long the hellwars have gone on, despite multiple presidencies of both parties coming and going.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I too think we should ship a lot of 2000 pound bombs to israel but not the same way Joe Biden does it

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Forgive my corn posting, but no, the natives knew how to make it nutritionally complete.
Not teaching white people how to nixtamalize corn was the coolest thing they ever did, lol

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

OctaMurk posted:

been a while since i opened a history book but iirc american war crimes were more like "dropped a nuclear bomb on a city" and "leveled city with carpet bombing"
Those are the most famous examples, but they did plenty of the other stuff too. Amerikkkan troops have always loved doing massacres directly too, for any and all reasons.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I haven't been to D&D in years so I was unaware of the full extent of this. loving lmao. A true walled lib posting garden.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This is so far beyond that though. Like, what the gently caress is the point? What's even the pretence?

Just call it "The DNC Posting Club House" without embarrassment and irony. There's no shame in it if you're upfront about being HuffPost for IT professionals or whatever.
Well, still quite a bit of shame in that, but at least it's more honest.

hadji murad posted:

look at their Ukraine thread. I’ve never seen such vitriol and bloodlust. I can’t see that thread being anyway informative it’s just a safe space for people who want to see dead Russians. the entire forum is a joke these days.
I was on a discord channel full of D&D-style posters who had a dedicated Ukraine war tracking thread. I would need significant amounts of compensation to ever check out such a thing again. Yikes.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

crepeface posted:

to help the d&d posters that want to discuss Israel/Palestine they should sticky a thread that just links to this one.
Agreed.

Regarde Aduck posted:

they did have a thread for it but it got so bad and to the point where any source that wasn't the Israeli government was called disinformation. Also they started saying the alleged persecution of the Uyghurs was both worse than what is going on in Israel and that there was more evidence for it. The evidence involved 1) Wikipedia and 2) Things that Anthony Blinken has said. A guy ended up getting banned because he didn't accept Blinken as a source. Basically a bunch of neolibs that refuse to believe their own eyes about an actual genocide going on right now, involving guns and bombs with daily footage of atrocities. All while believing whatever the NYT and motherfucking Blinken say. They gave up intellectually when faced with the contradictions of being dumb loving libs and the thread collapsed in on itself, generated 200 reports a day and then got closed.

Accept the d&d refugees but do not tolerate any of their mods. Destroy on sight.
It's so depressing watching people rely on Wikipedia for information about modern or ongoing conflicts. It can be a good source for relatively non-controversial information, but anything about any war (especially an amerikkkan one) within the last like, two hundred years, is going to be full of disinformation, both overt and subtle. Just because you can maybe trust wikipedia to tell you how photosynthesis or car engines work, that doesn't mean you can trust it to tell you how genocide works.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

fuctifino posted:

Koos' demand to have moderation discussions via PM is nothing more than a weird and pathetic attention-seeking behaviour. I really hope that they gently caress off and find something productive to do with their time, but alas I've known timewasting middle-manager types like them before.....
It sounds worse than that, more like an intentional attempt to control and shut down the narrative.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

genericnick posted:

Maybe move the bitching about DnD to one of the other C-SPAM threads that specializes in that though?
It seems relevant to discuss the way mods try to shut down important conversations like I/P here on SA. It also mirrors how a lot of other authorities do it in wider society.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Zodium posted:

this is not the debate & discussion discussion thread. it is the palestine thread. thank you
The Palestine thread, on a forum we are required to share with zionists and zionist apologists. That's going to cause severe problems if something more isn't done.

Orange Devil posted:

Denazification.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...0000#2131877555

wow can't believe israel would do this using US intelligence, i'm sure the US didn't intend this
The worst part is that people actually fall for this. Innocent US intelligence just wanted to share information with an ally, how could they intend genocide??

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

PhilippAchtel posted:

I feel as though the propaganda is intentionally unsuited, so as to filter our anyone with shame or reason.

Like an email phishing scam.
That is a classic fascist tactic, yeah. dti, dta, unban paul soccer.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

PhilippAchtel posted:

*sigh*

Yeah. It doesn't do much for your faith in humanity to see it work so well, even when the concepts are so well studied and understood.
The current social systems bring out some of the worst in us. They only work so well now because that's the world that power has incentivized and normalized. But it's not immutable or eternal, which studying and understanding can help teach us.

This article is mainly about customer service, but there are parallels to wider society and the numerous ways, overt and subtle, that oppressive hierarchies that take advantage of our most destructive instincts are normalized: https://www.thecommoner.org.uk/customer-service-and-the-weaponization-of-hierarchy/

quote:

In this way, capital sets up its safety valve. It instils the logic of hierarchy in all of us as if it were natural and immutable, and then – when we suffer from it – our basest neurobiology guides us. Like the middle-ranking monkey, consumers can take out their anger by pummelling downwards at the hapless service worker who is duty-bound to stay on the line (except in extreme cases where the abuse is so vicious, and the caller so unmanageable, that you can, in fact, advise them you won’t hear any more of it – but this really has to be a special case). The problem is that, as Fisher notes, 'anger can only be a matter of venting; it is aggression in a vacuum, directed at someone who is a fellow victim of the system but with whom there is no possibility of communality. Just as the anger has no proper object, it will have no effect.' Fisher continues: 'in this experience of a system that is unresponsive, impersonal, centreless, abstract and fragmentary, you are as close as you can be to confronting the artificial stupidity of Capital in itself.' But this stupidity is really its genius.

Woven into the fabric of consumer capitalism is a system which obscures the relationship between its exploitative modes of production and one’s negative daily experiences, which ingrains in each of us beliefs in our status as consumer-kings, with authority stemming from our purchases. It normalises hierarchy and reconstitutes master-servant relationships. The ultimate inefficacy of our individualised, consumerist resistance against corporate transgressions also encourages new forms of displacement aggression which drain all steam, all energy, safely away from the corporate elite towards the fellow oppressed.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Preen Dog posted:

We don't like the images, but none of us will save the weak, feed the hungry, or convince anyone that they can share the choicest indivisible holy land.
Yes we can, I do so all the time. I fed the hungry just yesterday in fact. Shut the gently caress up with your worthless lazy "acceptance" (aka cowardice and moral bankruptcy)

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Al-Saqr posted:

I dunno man it seems like Iran and Cuckbollah dont want to enter a war against america so they're pussying out.

But directly bombing an embassy is a major major escalation that they cant (and shouldnt) back down from.
I mean, I don't see any other countries stepping up to even kind of escalate. I get the frustration with the time it's taking, but they are the closest people in the world to actually being at war with America at the moment.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Sarah Cenia posted:

hit that little button and wipe that piece of poo poo off the map imo
No, that's Palestine's rightful land. We need to help them get it back, probably the hard way.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

if that does happen then they’ll obviously censor any pro Palestinian voice after Trump gets back in btw. the goal is to use the issue as a cudgel rather than actually control public opinion - they very obviously don’t give a poo poo about public opinion.
They don't give a poo poo about public opinion when it goes against them. If they can shift opinion into supporting or at least ignoring their actions, that's a win, because it means more people staying invested in the system and joining up with the armed forces.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

https://twitter.com/EFPafficionado/status/1774961880634720365

Amerikkka and Israel: You will see hell.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
The only movements that should be coordinated with the IDF are direct missile deliveries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

post hole digger posted:

the battery in his controller died
The controller was the same kind the billionaire submarine that imploded used