Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
tech bauble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
speaking of AI, has this been posted yet?
https://blog.piekniewski.info/2018/05/28/ai-winter-is-well-on-its-way/

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

amazing

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
celebrities even dumber than tech billionaires, news at 11

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

if anything i think people are realizing auto-only phones kind of suck now too and for many situations vastly prefer email/some form of instant messaging/texting

i'm definitely in this camp as far as my job goes, simply because text leaves an easily searchable paper trail you can forward to shitlords when they inevitably yell "why isn't this correct???" at you

if phones offered a robust call history search function i wouldn't mind it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
a very fat skeleton then

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

FrozenVent posted:

holy poo poo way to go sarah

:same: but also
https://twitter.com/TheRalphRetort/status/1024790335434698752
lomarf

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lol it gets better
https://twitter.com/TheRalphRetort/status/1024791982047195136
https://twitter.com/TheRalphRetort/status/1024792505437638656
she's a superhero lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'll let that slide since google isn't a state yet :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

some wild guest stars on this new season of trailer park boys I see

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/internetofshit/status/1030074345035628545

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jonny 290 posted:

neat fact: you can have as many motorcycles as you can fit in a metered spot in denver, and as long as the meter's paid, everything's fine, but if it runs out, every biek gets a ticket lmao

i think that's the idea, yeah. well, ideally, there would also be bike sized parking spots that are 1/5th or whatever the price, but

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

don't be ridiculous

that'd cut costs by 75%!

i'm sure the last 15% can be achieved by using *checks notes* a nuclear powered drill?
lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
to be fair the LNT does appear to diverge from data in ranges where background radiation isn't just a rounding error. it's gonna be good fun seeing people argue about this poo poo online in the future

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ate all the Oreos posted:

trap sprung

in the future? it happens all the time, on these very forums, which is why i specifically used it :v:

lol i didn't know. all i know is cancer rates at background radiation levels don't really conform to the LNT, which i find surprising but not impossible? i didn't know this was controversial :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

reminder that back when i had an ambien prescription for working 2nd shift to make it so i could go home and immediately go to sleep after getting off work at 1 am and not sleep through the whole day the next day, i took it BEFORE the shower instead of after my shower when i was already in bed one time and i woke up banned for posting in the coupons forum asking for help making "strawberry casserole" and i woke up to find my ice cream maker broken, and a strawberry smoothie poured into a casserole dish sitting on the top rack of my oven, which i was apparently too out of it to turn on and burn down my house.

if you are gonna take an ambien, do it when you are already in bed and don't have access to the internet and turn your goddamn lights off IMMEDIATELY.

lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Gynocentric Regime posted:

Not a bad idea, and since it's not really affected by weather it would perfect for desert climates.

in the desert they're already storing power in those solar steam power things though

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

sisyphus concrete

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SO DEMANDING posted:

excellent, we now have empirical proof that the internet was a mistake. can we please shut it down now?

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/status/1031854591913152512

e: i don't disagree tho

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

President Beep posted:

postin on the real page if the beast.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

so many undocumented jobs created by our valorous and generous rich people :911:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
so, is she president yet or what??

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
he literally ends with "big corporations are the backbone of the left", lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

i'm just real glad miami beach mayor phillip "pump boy" levine didn't win. he's so proud of those loving pumps too, they were mentioned in like the first sentence on his "about me" page lmao

(for anyone who doesn't know, miami beach floods every day at high tide since it's sinking into the ocean due to climate change, and since miami beach is full of rich people infinity money must be spent to save it. pump boy's solution was to build a network of megawatt-scale pumping stations to pump the water back into the ocean :thumbsup:)

you'd think rich people wouldn't be so incredibly stupid and just move one floor up instead of spending all their money on pumps?

haha who am i kidding, it's taxpayer money rich people don't pay taxes

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

it's going to not pollute the environment in places where rail isn't electrified yet? how is that dumb pointless?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

what's the difference between white supremacist and white nationalist? area of effect?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

if we banned white nationalism we'd have to ban all nationalism because slippery slope!!!

i'm not seeing a downside here

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i wear heelys, they fuckin own. just pop some wheels in and get my commute done in 5 minutes less. can't wait to fall and crack my head open on the asphalt, too

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jabor posted:

saw a kid (10-12) wearing heelys at the supermarket the other day, and was like "wait, heelys are still a thing?"

they're somehow still in business, but they must be really desperate because they're making shoes in grown up sizes now lol. as a kid i was always a couple sizes ahead of their largest size and it sucked

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

My eternal shame is that the oldest/very first picture in my /img folder, with now over 20,000 carefully curated images I've selected from the internet over 20 years, is a 1024x768 desktop picture of an anime girl dressed like a lime iMac

sounds like you have good taste, op

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'd argue computer touchers just make normal amounts of money because it's a fairly new thing in the mainstream, it's just other jobs have been ~optimized~ into literal hell already.

fix the broken end first, imo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i think it's "nobody cares"

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

obviously in some situations there are benefits to juggling multiple things at once, but the idea that you can improve your results or save time overall by "multitasking" is wrong.

yeah a bunch of tasks in computer touching can be parallelised, like working on thing a while thing b is crunching data in the background or whatever, because it's really the computer doing it, and i just figure that's what people mean when they say they're multitasking

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah, i do sometimes type while talking to people, and i'm sure it shows in my post quality actually all my posts suck

for real tho, that's about the most i can manage of "multitasking": finishing a sentence i was already typing while looking away from the screen because someone started talking to me. i'm generally terrible at it though, most people talk about how they watch tv or listen to podcasts while playing games and i legit can't do that since i lose the thread of one or the other thing constantly.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I don't know what happened but my YouTube recommendations flipped from lowfi chillhop beats to nothing but videos of culverts and spillways overnight

i clicked on a bunch of links in this thread and now all my recs are thumbnails of asmr people staring at me, thanks thred

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
does the app play john scatman every time you snap though?

Shaggar posted:

the homeless are a difficult problem
there's more empty apartments in united states than there are homeless people

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

so that's where elon got the idea we need a reusable launch system

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Truga
May 4, 2014