Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Interested in Yakuza 6, and God of War this month but will have to wait until later this year I think. I am moving into my first ever house that I purchased with my fiancee, so will be super busy with that. Also planning our wedding for June. Going to just stick to playing a backlog of games and Diablo III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Star Citizen is probably my favourite classic April Fools joke

I was looking up the status of that game the other day. It's original 1.0 launch was to be in 2014. As of today it is in 3.1 pre-alpha.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started on Mafia III today. This game is super good. The storyline at least right now is fantastic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is ELEX a good game? It is $25 right now on Steam. Was wondering if anyone here has it and how they enjoyed it? http://store.steampowered.com/app/411300/ELEX/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

al-azad posted:

Do you like jank rear end open world Euro RPGs Gothic and Risen? If so you'll love ELEX.

I really didn't. :/ I do like the setting of ELEX though, but as far as post apocalypse settings go, I might want to just stick to playing Horizon Zero Dawn.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

No it sucks and I like jank. They don’t do anything cool with the setting or the factions either.

That's a bummer. I'll wait until it's free on PS+ or included in Humble Bundle Monthly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

Phil Fish was a good game creator that said stupid things and gamers got mad but like to a stupid degree like they tend to and eventually he got sick of being told to kill himself every time he posted anything, so he dropped out of making games and posting online and then people got mad at him for that.

No one got mad at him, he was just relentlessly made fun of for being a huge dork. Canceling Fez 2 and getting out of making games was hilarious and he got mocked even more for being a thin skinned little turd.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah but... imagine a world without twitter

The world would be so much better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

By any reasonable definition I'm a gamer but I don't like the label. I prefer to say I'm a person who plays a shitton of video games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is anyone else playing Paladins? Started playing this tonight, wanted to check it out and it's a great alternative to Overwatch if you're tired of that game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Weapon durability systems are a crime and weapon durability systems that actually matter are a hanging offense.

This is why I skipped Breath of the Wild. I'm probably the only Switch user that doesn't have that game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I never did finish Yakuza 5. I got up to the part after the mountain village you make it to after escaping from prison, and then the game got really boring and tedious to me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Reality Loser posted:

So Bloodborne is considered Souls game but Demon's Souls isnt?

Whoever said that is being super silly. You could even argue that the Kings Field series are Souls games as well. They are the titles that Demon's Souls was inspired by.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am sad that one Marvel online action RPG was shut down. I actually enjoyed that game and liked that it had all of the costumes from the movies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was reading the Steam user reviews just now and supposedly a patch fixed all of the issues with those ports.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't played Final Fantasy XIV in a long time, not since the previous expansion came out. So my account doesn't have Stormblood. One of the things that really bothered me about FFXIV was the gated content and being forced to go through a lot of group content in order to continue with large portions of the game. Is this still true?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Lawbreakers “failed to find an audience,” dev officially admits FPS defeat
Implies that game won’t receive an end-of-life transition to free-to-play, either.

Rip in pieces Lawbreakers. All *checks steamspy* 10 players are surely heartbroken.

Game might have turned out better if CliffyB didn't spend all of his time harassing women on Twitter during the peak development time of the title.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Humble Bundle Monthly is more popular then I thought. Last months ended finally and once it did there must have been a huge rush of people as it crashed the site.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Site seems OK if slow now. Early payments for next month unlock Kerbal Space Program, Dead Rising 4, and RUINER.

I'm excited to get Kerbal Space Program, and Ruiner. I heard real good things about both. Dead Rising 4 is suppose to be pretty bad though isn't it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This actor that they got to play Han Solo seems bad but I would probably see it for Donald Glover

I was really unsure until the new trailer today, now I am onboard with this young version of Han Solo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Just wait until this E3 when Nintendo rolls out Splat Royale

See that would actually be legit awesome though because it would be able to have an original take on the genre.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Apparently Grand Theft Auto V has sold 90 million copies as of today. Between that and the ability buy in-game currency with real money, GTAV is the most profitable piece of entertainment ever released.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mordja posted:

Discussion prompt: how do you play video games? Do you play them one at a time, or do you have multiple going at once?

I usually have multiple going at once, but I sometimes get frustrated with this and try to just focus on one game at a time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started on Ruiner tonight. I like the game so far. The art style is beautiful, and the cyberpunk setting is awesome. I am always a sucker for cyberpunk settings though. The sudden quick flashes of text and characters is really annoying though, and the pacing is a bit rough with too many cutscenes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Panzer Dragoon Orta is available on Xbox One starting April 17. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh poo poo

Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time

That is my favorite original Xbox title next to Timesplitters 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

If Microsoft add Timesplitters 2 and/or 3 I will never say anything bad about the Xbox One again.

I have high hopes for this considering Microsoft got even Panzer Dragoon Orta working on Xbox One.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Man it would be awesome if Sony put any effort whatsoever into doing this kind of thing.

While I generally agree with you, to be fair the trade off is that Sony puts out actual exclusives and new games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lord of the Rings Online is one of the only good MMORPGs because it has just about every single location in Middle Earth available to explore. Including the northern region of Mordor, and Minis Tirith which I decided to explore for a bit this morning because I haven't been there yet in the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Are those actually other players?

Nah, those are NPCs. All of the playerbase is pretty much in Mordor now because that's the latest content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Easy Allies has their review of God of War up now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqJFL0lH4ZE

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have no idea who Easy Allies is.

They are the former staff of GT Reviews. Undeniably the only place besides here, with reviews that are worth taking seriously. Easy Allies doesn't do clickbait or sensationalist opinion pieces like all of the major gaming sites do. They are not owned by anyone and rely entirely on Patreon and Youtube views to fund themselves.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shenmue might be the first game where petting a cat was major part of it and it is still one of the best

Whatever happened to that Shenmue kickstarter campaign? Did that end up being a scam?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The new list of original Xbox games for Xbox One are now available for purchase if you search for them on xbox.com, but it looks like you can't download them yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

Can't believe I'm seriously considering buying the 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8 just for the portability and instant alchemy feature, despite it kind of being a downgrade in every other way.

brain broke

I don't feel like it will be a downgrade because it's only otherwise available on PlayStation 2. Yeah you can get a mobile phone version but no thanks to that. Those ports always suck.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Splatoon 2 is a game where I can handle losing, even though it happens frequently, because matches are only 3 minutes long. You're also rewarded even for loses and the difference between a win and loss is barely there. Overwatch is also a good example of this. I've had losses where I got more experience points then I did for a win. Whether you lose or win in that game doesn't matter in the slightest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Really Pants posted:

the punchline is CliffyB

This is the same person that asked his followers to harass and stalk a woman at a Comic Con convention.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i've played maybe 4 games of PUBG in my life and without exception every single one kicked off with people shouting racial slurs over open mike in the plane

This was my first match of PUBG was an obvious teenage white boy yelling racial slurs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is such a vague explanation of Black Ops 4 story campaign. Black Ops 3 was a full blown story campaign with co-op, and what is being described here sounds no different from that. Considering Polygon is reporting on it, I am going to assume everything is taken way out of context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah but Kojima did that one thing with the memory card and controllers so he has to be praised as a master video game writer.

Yeah, in all seriousness, Kojima is kinda gross and i'm weirded out by the cult like worship he receives from every single game journalist who wants to be his personal best friend. In hindsight I can understand why Konami dropped him.

• Locked thread