Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
How much should I still be holding onto Doug Baldwin? Half-PPR/3 WR spots and my current WRs are TY Hilton, Allen Robinson, Quincy Enunwa, Robert Woods, Mike Williams, and Baldwin.

I want to ride the wave and put a claim in on Calvin Ridley and right now Baldwin looks like he may be the most droppable since even if he's back, he's working on two hosed knees this season. Am i being dumb here?

EDIT: I also have both Crowell and Powell but I feel like if I drop one of them, they will immediately become the Jet to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Aw gently caress I need to replace Kittle at TE now too, don't I.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RisqueBarber posted:

TE is a nightmare right now

Eifert is available but man I'm blowing a lot of FAAB in the first few weeks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not necessarily. He was featured a lot by CJ before; might be worth keeping over a waiver wire replacement. Maybe Eifert would be an upgrade though.

Yeah, I might just drop the bid for Eifert and then it's either "found money" or Kittle.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

89 posted:

Somebody already gave up on Derrick Henry in one of my leagues

He's my drop for Ridley in my non-money league, but my other RBs are Saquon, Jordan Howard, AP, and Gio.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I lost week 1 by 0.30 points in one league.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

Twitter is now blocked at my work so what does it say?

Field Yates tweeted "Source: the Colts have cut veteran RB Christine Michael."

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gobias Ind. posted:

A few years back I won a matchup by 0.04 after falling behind by 0.06. Frank Gore ran for negative 1 yard and then didn't see the field again.

It was the best.

The other year I watched a friend of mine lose all composure due to the Pats calling for victory formation, leading Tom Brady to lose just enough yardage for him to lose the week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I hate the first season in a new FAAB league as you flail wildly and overpay for everybody.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

shirts and skins posted:

ESPN standard scoring. Worth dropping CHI defense vs Tampa for the situational/talent play of LAC vs SF? CHI served me well but it looks like their quality of opponent is going to go up, and SD may be getting healthy.

I was planning on riding Chicago for a while but I'm interested in the answer to this one too.

EDIT: LAC aren't available in my league anyway so I guess this is academic this week.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 26, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Should I be dropping Luck for Goff? What the hell is going on.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pubic works project posted:

Anyone else you could drop?

My current rosters:

I'm sure there are guys on there I could drop for Goff but having 2 QBs makes me feel like I'm wasting a spot for some reason.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

Yes you should

Luck has been serviceable, still doesn't have the arm strength to air it out and I don't see that increasing a ton this season.

They brought in freaking Jacoby Brisket to throw a hail mary at the end of the game because they weren't sure Luck could get it to the end zone...

Let some other sucker pick up Luck (off name recognition alone) drop their QB and give you serviceable streamers if Goff somehow regresses.

No I wouldn't drop any of those guys. Just drop Luck.

Goff isn't available in one of the leagues, would you take Big Ben over Luck at this point?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ches Neckbeard posted:

why did people expect Luck to be good after 2 years of IR for a bad throwing shoulder?

I kind of expected this t be honest but the Fantasy Football Experts all seemed to be high on him and it's not like I know anything about football.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

sourdough posted:

So uhh Kittle, hope yall didn't drop him

Oh I did. For Eifert.

:suicide:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So apparently I just have to have a waiver claim already set up to drop Luck on Tuesday and he'll do this?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Good news is you have a free roster spot to try to get Kittle back

Too late, he was already grabbed.

Ebron is available and he's the only reasonable choice left to try to cram at TE, right? Maybe Brate?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I should have just held Kittle, godammit. I would have broken 200 points this week, too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

Winston loves him some Brate though.

This is my thinking, and apparently chemistry is THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS with TEs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Silly Burrito posted:

It happens every drat year.

This is why I still have both Crowell and Powell on my roster.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Silly Burrito posted:

I want to drop Derrick Henry so badly.

He was my drop when I claimed Ridley off waivers :cool:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

89 posted:

Well, Mike Evans. It was fun for the past few weeks, buddy.

Chris Godwin, downgrade.
Desean Jackson, drastic downgrade.
Everything Tampa Bay & their crab legs, downgrade downgrade.

Brate: BUY BUY BUY

right?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I have Funchess on one of my teams and every time I read Fournette I think it's him. It's unhelpful.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

dxt posted:

Unsure of what to do with my QB situation. Luck finally had a good game now that I benched him, but I still don't trust him, especially on a short week with a hurt T.Y. Went with Flacco last week and that worked out pretty well, but he's Cleveland this week. Bort, Tannehill, and Carr are all on the waiver with decent matchups. Leaning Bort at the moment.

I canceled my claim to drop Luck for Goff in one league after the game but I feel like I should still do it.

Also I "need" a TE this week with the Bears on bye, but who the hell do I drop? Honestly I'm tempted to just leave Burton in there because anybody I pick up will probably give me 0 points anyway (some people have three loving TEs rostered right now, the wire is direr than most.)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

dxt posted:

I would take Goff over Luck for sure.

Goff is currently 69% owned, it's a sign, claim made.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ok all this trade talk got me thinking, with this team:

I'm planning on dropping Powell for a defense while Chicago is off, but would I be better off trying to make a 2-for-1 trade to clear up a roster spot? I feel like I would end up just kind of averaging one of my good starters and whoever off the bench I dealt, and I doubt anybody would be too interested in Gio since it's not really news his share is about to drop.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Missed Ebron on the wire. Njoku is a better TE option than guys like James, Hooper, Goedert, or Hurst, right? I'm hoping to snag Brate on waivers for week 6+.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Not sure if we know Hursts role yet but Njoku is the unquestioned starter in Cleveland and gets plenty of targets.

I only even know Hurst's name because of Rotoworld's weekly wire article, just figured I'd throw it out there because you are smart people.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sweeper posted:

I need Kamara to score less than 9 points lol, why did the Seahawks have to scramble Cooks brain. That 0 hurts

Enunwa putting up a goose egg means I need Kamara to put up another 40 point game, sorry friend.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Given that he has a broken back I honestly hope Ajayi doesn't play the rest of the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I'm not actually watching any football this year, what happened with SF that ended up with Robbie Gould getting me 0 points this week?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

He missed his only field goal attempt and SF had to go for two. I also think they hosed up the snap of one of their extra point attempts

Ah, the score didn't seem so lopsided as to be another Dan Bailey's 0 week situation and Yahoo doesn't seem to show FG attempts.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Smallwood > Morris > Clement > Davis

I know Clement is dealing with a quad injury and was only active yesterday in case of an emergency

I was wondering what to do with Gio now, looks like it's time to go spend a bunch more FAAB on Smallwood and drop his rear end.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yeah I'd rather own Smallwood over Gio now. Anyone else you could drop?

I think Gio's the most droppable on my ESPN team, my other RBs are Kamara/Thompson/Cook/Crowell, half-PPR.

My Yahoo team has Saquon/Peterson/Howard, and 2 TEs right now (Kittle and Burton on account of Chicago's bye week) so he's probably worth hanging onto there?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yeah I'd drop Gio there.

On the Yahoo team, is there a TE needy team that you could do a 2-for-1?

I'll look around, it's not a hyper-competitive league though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Should I drop Njoku for Brate? Thinking I may put a $0 claim in just to see if he slips through.

EDIT: whoops forgot I had two defenses because of the Chicago bye, makes this easier.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
If they don't make Cohen the lead back, the Bears are all antisemites.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Somebody dropped $9 on Smallwood and I managed to get Clement and Brate for $1 each (could have been $0 looking at the waiver report.)

Ok then.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

Unless he’s a giant nerd too his reaction will probably be to give you a wedgie.

"What are all these post-its? Who's Clark?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
3-2 and 2-3, of course the latter is my money league.

I think I might just be done playing fantasy for money, no matter how much prep work I do it's just throwing cash away.