Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I like the author of shatterstar but the way he talks about pure shatterstar is the end of new mutants makes me think it won’t include richter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

That's cause it's brand new. He's been drawing X-Men pages for fun this year and it seems like its about to land him a new gig with Marvel.

I feel that they are always in contact with the old stars and whenever a new person gets in charge they reach out to people who are pissed at them. Something might happen but it could just fall apart.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^burtle posted:

Aaron on Conan means this Thor run is about to either suddenly wrap up or tank in quality.

Why do you say that? He has done more than one book for a long time

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jesus loving Christ hulk. What an ending

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

El Tortuga posted:

One thing Spider-Geddon has going for it is that it's not the worst event going on right now, at least. What the hell is the point of Infinity War? There's absolutely no weight to anything that's happening.

Out if the three major events it’s the best! Spider-geddon, infinity war, heroes in crisis

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

See also Namor in Avengers and X-Men: Red.

X-men red said it was before 700. The stuff with Steve and Ross in avengers could be one of the reasons for them going to war. Also yeah the writers of avengers, Thor, and legacy should have gotten together and figured out this wolverine storyline

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

site posted:

So aaron i guess is either mapping out quite a bit of future avengers or is throwing a ton of poo poo against the wall because we have glimpses of the original squadron supreme taking on the avengers under gen ross and agent coulsons (wasnt he dead??) command, Phoenix logan taking on the celestials, multiple starbrands, moon knight and a zombie army, blade and wasp coming back to the team, frank castle as...black knight or something, and man-thing being worthy of mjolnir

Its all the same guy lol

I know that was in response to an earlier comment. Also two of those thing should have already happened or about to

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

site posted:

Is the zombie thing happening in moon knight? I haven't kept up

The things that happened this weeks squadran supreme and blade joining

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Diet Poison posted:

I really like this focus on Banner/Hulk being unable to truly die and how that's the real horror of the thing. Personally I don't care whether Banner's a Comic Book Genius or just a regular Joe who'd rather not spend half his time as a monster. I also think he's infinitely more interesting when he's not being "the Avengers' heavy". I've not read much solo Hulk- have they done a "The Hulk at the End of Everything" sort of story like Aaron's doing with Thor and Wolverine? I guess he was in the newest Thanos story for a bit. Also a timeline of Hulk that breaks down his personality would be nice, given how much he fluctuates from "stupid and just wants to be alone" to "smart and wants to be a hero" to "smart and savagely violent" etc. run by run.

Pre mcu hulk was not the avengers heavy. He was more likely to be fighting them than be be a member. Doing a timeline with his personality like that is a bit tough as post Mantlo the multi personality becomes part of the character so runs have different versions within their run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Few in the decade prior were any good. I really liked House of M and Secret Invasion but other than that ehhhhhhhhhhhhnhhhhh

Few can top onslaught and the crossing

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^burtle posted:

I'd love to know what makes Marvel think the market is hungry for two Conan books.

They remembered when they had Conan and had two books running at the same time. Conan was the all ages and Savage was the one that had more violence and sex

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

The other Hulk comic out today is part of a mini event? Not a standalone in other words.

Yes. It’s a reunion of the defenders and it has a nice banner

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Those Hulk pages...
Trying to view the Hulk through a feminist angle is a unique take. And there is a discussion about why men are allowed be publicly angry and it’s accommodated and why when women (and particularly women of colour) do it, it’s not allowed.

But at the same time, I think Hulk is a bad character to try and examine this with.
Yes there’s one or two times where the Hulk is sent away when he does awful things, but even at the time they weren’t presented as rewards. More like “this is the most lenient punishment we can do to you because you have helped us out.”

And those are just two examples out of literal hundreds of times when the Hulk shows up, he’s greeted with the military showing up and trying to shoot him in the face. Heck even if he’s just Bruce Banner and people find that out, they react with fear and anger.

Being the Hulk is often portrayed as being a tragic, eternal curse put on Bruce Banner for building a new type of bomb. One he will always be saddled with. It’s not a positive wish fulfillment, unless you are coming from a really bad place.

I think the few times that the Hulk get’s something vaguely nice happen to him is a good metaphor for dealing with mental illness. You don’t defeat anger control or depression through violence or punishment, you deal with it through compassion. You don’t beat the Hulk with tanks, you do it with crates of puppies.

There was that time he was pardoned and got a sweet statue, but he did end up flipping the poo poo out and destroying poo poo. That is why doctor strange sends him away

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Archyduchess posted:

During the Morrison era when there was more of a push to establish mutants as a global subcultural force, there were lots of incidental characters without much in the way of powers but with distinctive appearances. I can't think of too many named ones off the top of my head aside from the aforementioned three-faces guy-- I think Jumbo Carnation the late mutant fashion designer had two extra arms or something, which is really no more of a power than having three faces or a beak.

I think part of the premise of the Morlocks was that some of them had mutations closer to disfigurements as well but, you know, comics being what they are I'm certain they've all demonstrated some useful trick since then.

Being corpses

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Are you serious? His comics are about old sword and sorcery barbarian times in his own universe.
I'm fine with them doing silly stuff with him porting over to the Avengers, just as long as his solo is kept where it is, cause that's been great and doesn't need to be turned on it's head within six months.

The current storyline is 12 parts and I trust Aaron to keep it in the proper time. All we know it’s just another version of Conan created due to some fuckery in the current avengers storyline

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

Now name one German hero. At the risk of stating the obvious, Nazis don't count.

Johann Kraus

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

site posted:

so i guess we're not getting hot red she hulk lol

Nope just a harpie of a wife

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Ah, the 'silicon valley techbro invents an overcomplicated solution to a problem that already had one' plotline. I mean, just from googling, that medication-based approach seems like it works? Then again it seems like nobody knows about it anyway, so I guess you can't really blame Slott for that.

It works for some people but does not work for others. When it comes to recovery it’s hard to do research as AA is an anonymous program. Also what is a success when it comes to staying sober? One month one year?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

I feel he’ll have something big coming up. Immortal Hulk is being heralded as THE Marvel book right now. If Aaron is leaving Thor, Ewing would be the first guy to get the offer.

Aaron is leaving Thor. The latest solicitations say that his last storyline is the one coming up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

They need to make another movie with Snipes, only this time have him attempt the British accent.

He is currently on the council of vampires

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's true either way.

You need to be like the hulk and now have some heart

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

David D. Davidson posted:

I don't think he'd own a cat.
He might have a cat, but it's probably not his.

You should read mr and mrs x. Gambit owns many cats

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Today’s war of the realm is so badass. What a ending

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kabraxis posted:

I couldn't agree more. I feel like the Spencer run of ASM really picked up with Hunted and I'm super interested to see what's next. Also, the bot written story got more than a few honest laughs from me.

I mean...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

X-O posted:

Chip Motherfuckin' Zdarsky is now an Eisner Award winning funny book writer. And for a tiny moment all is right in the world. He won best single issue for Peter Parker #310 which is probably one of the greatest issues of Spider-Man I've ever read.

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1152595718734880768

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1152596982038269954

Didn’t he already win for sex criminal and jughead?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Argue posted:

They could make an evil clone Otto with the memories from the robot that has his old memories on it, let current Otto keep doing his thing, boom, we get to have our cake and eat it too.

And Otto loves cake

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

radlum posted:

Thor 16 was a great ending to Aaron's run. I'm gonna miss him; his whole run is one of the best Thor runs for me (obviously behind Simonson). Marvel hasn't announced the new writer yet, right?

The run has not ended yet as their is king Thor

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Hasn't Coates been writing it for over a year?

And waid before him

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

My first thought was District X but that wasn't a mini-series. There was the Karl Bollers pseudo-anthology series "Muties" and also the Geoff Johns "Morlocks" series around the same times, both of which involved some cops and also some anti-mutant hate crimes?

It was this
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/X-Factor_Vol_2

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Fantastic Four was Marvel's first response to Justice League.

I thought it was a response to the challengers of the unknown

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

People, people! Let's not fight!

Swords can be both dope and dumb.

Highlander taught us there can only be one

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jiro posted:

Tony losing his sobriety for fancy Uru armor was gross.

Really? I saw him giving up his most precious things. Also don’t forget the writer of that scene was well aware of giving up his sobriety.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JordanKai posted:

More 👏 drunk 👏 superheroes!! 👏

Fat cobra’s book was just cancelled

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nilbop posted:

I tell you what, reading the latest issues of Immortal Hulk and Attack on Titan back to back was a mistake I won't be repeating in the future.

I frigging love Immortal Hulk, but now that we're onto what seems to be the next arc's villain I'm just wondering how long Ewing plans to keep it going on for. I feel like if there's a point where he starts tying it into the big endgame scenario he showed us ages back then this is the arc to really start off, but then again I've successfully predicted zero things about this entire run so what do I know?

I believe they say it ends at 50

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The daredevil annual was amazing and why aren’t more people talking about it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

George is my guess. Hadn't considered Ned but the kindred "costume" is goblin-esque without actually being any existing Goblin so that might make sense too.

Ned has shown up recently and it heavily hinted he was not a clone

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JordanKai posted:

The new Iron Man is really fun. I highly recommend following the writer, Christopher Cantwell, on Twitter. He's very funny, and also it was really charming to watch him geek out when he found out Alex Ross would be doing the covers for his comic. :allears:

I thought he sentenced to jail

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

The PS4 game did that and it legit made me cry so I support this.

Read amazing Spider-Man 400

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Funny thing about the guy saying that, he is not from our universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In his universe the Federation was only saved when a red convertible, whose speed had grown to relativistic levels over the centuries, plowed through the klingon fleet during a pivotal battle.

It’s the mirror verse and everyone commits genocide