Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

hackers burning peoples homes down because someone decided to put bluetooth on an oven is a cool timeline

WE HAVE OVERRIDDEN THE COMBINATIONS TO ALL SMART LOCKS GUARDING YOUR HOME
WIRE $500,000 IN BITCOIN TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS OR WE WILL TURN ON YOUR BACK LEFT BURNER,
WHICH I CAN SEE FROM YOUR FURBO CAMERA THAT YOU HAVE LEFT AN OVEN MITT ON TOP OF
YOU HAVE 20 MINUTES TO COMPLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

Also version 2 has a camera and ~interactivity~ and offered to take a fun picture of you with your coke or something :yikes:

gotta imagine 90% of those are just people making a "what the hell?" face while holding a beverage

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Don't worry, the tunnel is so narrow you can't open the doors to get out anyway.

Also, no ventilation, so you suffocate before you burn.

Elon watched the scene where the fire goes up the tunnel in Independence Day and was like "I'm gonna make sure that loving dog dies next time"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

don't worry the tesla tube has been such a dumpster fire that the county has decided to ... approve even more tesla tubes

also lol @ one of the comments on that article:

:shuckyes:

me as my flaming car is trapped in tunnel not big enough to open the doors and let me out: what is this, the local?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Elon Musk is what would happen if a child had access to money and a confusing amount of deference paid to them.

It's good ya sent the entire SEC to the cornfield, Elon! It's real good! Everyone clap for Elon!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

youre just reiterating liberalism suggesting the most necessary thing to do is to give lead poisoned morons all the freedumbs they want. That narrative gets plenty of play, pick a better fight

yes, "reiterating" is exactly what they were doing: trying to define the path that led us to where we are now. They were not suggesting that as a legitimate or absolute reason for why the US has to be designed this way, but reiterating the story we enacted that put us at this ending, surrounded by parking lots.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

nah the narrative is explaining the transportation regulatory capture is a function of the depravity and selfishness of Americans not the concerted capitalist tactic that it was

it is absolutely both. the reason for why we don't expand public transportation NOW is based in the sort of sunk cost fallacy thinking they're talking about : "weeellll, we already have all this infrastructure that's built for cars. Maybe if we just stuck with cars for a little longer they'll figure out the auto self driving sleeper cars that make money giving taxi cab rides while I'm at work and then I won't need to pay more taxes plus it'll benefit me to own my car! I guess we stick with cars a little while longer."

Is this an organic thought? No, it's drilled into every citizen at every turn, because why would anyone continue paying $500/month between a car payment and insurance and gas for the base privilege of getting to work on time if they were left to work it out themselves?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm going to steal the blockchain.

new heist movie concept just dropped

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Jews can be fascist, yes, but what I take issue with is you referring to his creators as fascist

BonHair posted:

Anyway, not all superheroes are liberals, some are straight up fascist. Judge Dredd is the best example, but Superman is pretty straight fascist Ubermensch.

no one called the creators of superman fascists

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zvahl posted:

lol at anyone who thinks it's being designed to work as stated rather than just being a 21st century replacement for cops being able to say they smelled marijuana as an excuse for literally everything

100% "well this Bluetooth gizmo is communicating with your car and it says your Alcohol sensor is going off so I'm gonna need you to step out of the vehicle"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i am harry posted:

*the sound of keys jingling hurriedly. soft crackling can be heard in the background.*
<click>
<BEEP BEEP BEEP>
<BEEP BEEP BEEP>
<PLEASE HOLD STILL FOR SOBRIETY VERIFICATION>
*the crackling grows louder*
<SMILE!>
*crackle*
<BEEP BEEP BEEP>
<BEEP BEEP BEEP>
<SOBRIETY VERIFICATION FAILED>
*click click click*
<BEEP BEEP BEEP>
<PLEASE WAIT.>
<BEEP BEEP BEEP>
*the crackling is now very loud and also there is a low roar like the sound of wind, growing in intensity*
<PLEASE HOLD STILL FOR SOBRIETY VERIFICATION>
<SMILE!>

"Attention Nissan Driver: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol is an unsafe practice and a violation of State Law. A Deputized Nissan Safety Officer has been dispatched to your location. Failure to remain in your current location will be considered an evasion of arrest and additional penalty will be applied upon arrest. Thank you for choosing Nissan."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Danaru posted:

Two poptarts MAKE a sandwich if you stack them onto each other

if some goon out there hasn't used two brown sugar cinnamon pop-tarts as the bread for a peanut-butter and jelly or fluffernutter sandwich: you're welcome, and sorry about the diabetes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

skipmyseashells posted:

that’s disgusting

sorry you never lived in a dorm room and smoked weed

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

How about we meet in the middle and call them Printed cartoons for little babbies

"your little doodles you have there" is the preferred term when talking down to someone, i believe

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

skooma512 posted:

I've gotten DMCA emails. HBO and cartoon network watch their poo poo like a hawk, and once for a game.

IDK if the emails had any teeth behind them. Rather not find out how many millions a company is willing spend to crush me like a bug for the fun of it, so I got a VPN (Mullvad) and I never got another again.

one time a friend got banned from his campus's internet for a month because he downloaded "Hearts on Fire" from the Rocky IV soundtrack from a sketchy website lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

When the unstoppable force of "The Customer Is Always Right" meets the immovable object of "Just Comply And The Cops Won't Hurt You"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SIR, I HAVE ASCERTAINED THAT YOUR ROOM KEY CARD IS NOT FUNCTIONING OPTIMALLY - IS THIS ASSESSMENT CORRECT?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

cars aren’t losing half their value after driving off the lot right now. some are appreciating in value, at least vs MSRP because by definition a used car is available now and the wait time for some popular vehicle orders is a year or more.

I hate my car and don't want to keep it but my lease is ending this summer and at this point, it would be leaving free money on the table to just walk away and not buy it out for the price that was agreed upon in 2018 lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

boar guy posted:

i bought my car in april of 2021 and it has 7k miles on it and the dealer begs me to buy it back constantly for 5k over list

right, i'm wondering if at the end of my lease I can basically ask them for 2 grand to avoid the hassle of selling me my car and then buying it back from me, and use it to get a nice ebike instead lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is insurance the worst industry? God knows they have a lot of competition

it's gambling premised on you getting a good outcome for your life being a loss and you getting a bad outcome for your life being a win. it incentivizes people to want to get rearended if they have a lovely car or want a dead tree branch to fall on their house to get necessary maintenance work done. idk about worst since Energy is gonna cook the planet and all, but definitely the most psychically damaging

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

I'd enjoy the ability to have a nice hotel and free vacation but I'm not the kind of person that has the kind of job where they put you up for an interview.

my worst interview memory was a "group interview" with me and like 20 other people all trying to get a prestigious job making burritos at chipotle

lol they did this at UPS too. the interview process was basically getting a couple dozen applicants in a conference room, and then telling everyone "this job sucks, ok? you do not want to work here. the work is going to destroy your body, working weird hours will destroy your mind, and working in a giant concrete building with no windows will destroy your spirit. so - any takers?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

pick rate is what ups called the number of packages you scanned as you loaded/unloaded them, per hour. So anything over 300 is 5+ packages per minute.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

evilpicard posted:

Trump owns lmao

please mister president, i don't want to win anymore! i'm tired of winning!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

you have to pay to go to the dog park??? wtf

lmao i hope this is like the dog park near my house and it's just a bare gravel and dirt lot that's been fenced in people are paying for

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I cannot immediately think of any irish accented tv personalities in the US.

it would upset far too many people to be reminded that they are not actually irish

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

hmmm i'm clicking but the video doesn't seem to be playing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

nexous posted:

anyone that regged before me is an old nerd

anyone who regged after me is a dumb child

this old nerd gets it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Karach posted:

has a billionaire ever been murdered?

depends on if the inventor of the helicopter knew what they were doing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

I mean I would pay extra for a firefighter that can speak fire, sure

*rolls a nat 20 on a charisma check* You successfully convince the fire to confine itself to a single room of the house

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Cats are well known for not being interested in flaps and not being able to go through them

the tube has a sensor to detect if something is at the flap and then asks it if it is a cat first before opening

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

I frequently mistake my cat for a pile of laundry and vice versa when I get up for water in the middle of the night so not really confident in the ability of a machine to do any better

i was kidding

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

People get used to navigating the systems that they're in, and because there's so little wiggle room for most people, any disruption of that very tight navigation can seem catastrophic even if it's a good thing in the long term.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

loving isn't evil.

it is the way he does it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm sorry Henry Kissinger hosed you :(

thank you for your condolences

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

this is really something else. i need a minute

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Snakes don't really use legs so I don't know if he's really benefitting from it.

idk why but the superfluous use of "really" here is killing me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

bobmarleysghost posted:

it looks like poo poo because they very likely cheaped out on getting good CGI artists (or that no good CGI artists wanted to be involved with this poo poo)

no one wants to 3d model apes anymore

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

happyhippy posted:

And 99.99999% of the time its the thumbnail with yourself with the surprised happy look like 99.99999% every other video.

babies click on them more

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

We gotta survive winter kid, get to work

I never used the Child Labor tree but out of all my attempts, my only successful campaign was going full Totalitarian to beat the cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

so it's not a hard game as long as someone tells you exactly how to play the game