Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

you are hitler, both literally and figuratively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I dunno, I feel like the students could have picked lots worse nicknames than "the butthole pervert"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

boar guy posted:

so cool new policy at my wife's dermatologist- you pay for your services in advance and then are refunded when your insurance reimburses them

we found a new derma and reported the old one to the insurance company but someone for the love of god please tell me what they're doing is illegal

I am always imagining your av as reacting to whatever you've posted.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Rolo posted:

can someone explain what independent work is? Is it still working for an rear end in a top hat without any kind of social/union potential or something?

it is freedom from the tyranny of a minimum wage requirement and any and all protections

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Splicer posted:

So a Frenchman

Hi! I'm from a small European country with a historically pretty chummy relationship with post-revolutionary France

Turkey?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I think someone has been banned for posting that lower image

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Elderbean posted:

Who the gently caress is Mr. Beast and why is he being advertised at me constantly? Is it because I watched something related to gaming on youtube?

you can block channels from being recommended

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

I clicked the post history button, and now I feel dumb.

Also I stole a TV and a PS4 in 2014, come and get me you cop rear end bitches.

your own post history? I can see why that would make you feel dumb

edit: I am drinking a coconut bubble tea at this very moment

bedpan has issued a correction as of 06:54 on Dec 22, 2020

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ive only ever gotten decent work through nepotism

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Bodyholes posted:

I got a job through experience from my previous jobs... which I wouldn't have had if it hadn't been for the nepotism that got me into those.

every job I've ever got without nepotism has been terrible, underpaid work

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

what happened to the cspamer who is working at a bar and fell in love with his manager?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the security forces of the capitol let the people into the capitol, let them party around, then eventually cleared them out. none of what happened exists without the security forces standing down. had this been a BLM protest or a march for healthcare or anything else, the people would have been crushed like they have so many times before.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

People focus on the emerald mine because it's brought up a lot as where musk had his first job and learned The Value Of Hard Work™, while conveniently leaving out or playing down that his dad owned it and it was making full use of apartheid labor

seeing a bunch of people toil endlessly for my own enrichment would teach someone the value of hard work, namely that the hard work must be someone else's

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

healthcare is already old news in 2021. vaccine is out, coronavirus is over.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

theres a certain flavor of poster in this subforum who apparently their only exposure to news is half-noticed cnn tickers and insane people on Twitter

I only get news of the world from cspam

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

What? But the person doing that evil is Michelle Lawrence, voted woman prosecutor of the year!?

Oh well. More women prosecutors.

To be fair it sounds like she is prosecuting lots of women.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Ok, we get it about furries.

What's the thread's position on bronies?

remember the greasy goon pic? shaved potato-like head and drops of oil on his mustache?

he originally posted his pictures on a MLP fan forum

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

I think it absolutely is relevant, which is why I said I was using "furry chud" as a slur and not just "chud". If you are a furry, fine whatever. If you're a furry chud though, you have to be a very particular kind of idiot due to how the furry community works and what most of it represents.

Like think about it, you're basically saying "I'm into this thing where everyone is a hyper-personalized character and a ton of the population is queer and/or trans and always has been and that's just kinda been accepted in a way it really hasn't been anywhere else. Well anyway as I was saying BLM are terrorists, build the wall, gently caress you snowflakes there's only two genders, etc..." Like they're two very uncomfortable worldviews when you put them together, and they're both things you have to more or less decide to be in a way "being black" sure isn't.

I've seen mention of it on SA but, as I recall, didn't the "furry community" go through a big uproar and split years ago over the decision to throw out the nazi and ultra-right furries (what a world we live in). I don't know if SA poster "Literal Nazi Furry" is still posting but I imagine he would know more.

furry chud is an interesting enough combination as to call out when talking about someone.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Biplane posted:

Literal Nazi Furry was banned for being a nazi a while back.

As I recall the username was entirely correct. He was literally a furry and literally a nazi, although I can't remember if the nazi part extended beyond fetishism.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

labeling yourself a furry is no different than labeling yourself a Gamer, or whatever stupid rear end identity people cling on to for their recreational things they care too much about

they targeted gamers!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

BonHair posted:

What's Gate's deal anyway? I get that he's a nerd who got extremely lucky, but it seems like most I hear about him is trying to do good stuff in Africa (including population control family planning/contraception) and 5G metalzone injections for mind control. Like, it seems like he's actually trying to not be a horrible person, but in they other hand

Bill Gates is a smart guy, if nothing else. And he was smart enough to realize early on that setting up interlocking "foundations" was an excellent way to protect your wealth and grow your brand.

If Bill Gates wanted to give all of his money away then why does he have more now than ever?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

indigi posted:

idk, I feel like trying to undermine public school is hostile and malevolent

not if you are a market fundamentalist

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

late, but i was banned for being a furry, not a nazi. sorry.

glad to see that you are back

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

collateralized NFT obligations

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

I mean they make a lot of sense to me as a money laundering vehicle, which both explains why they are happening and why people are paying a lot of money for them. The surprise then is that the state is allowing any of this poo poo to be legal, which also makes sense when you realize that a lot of lawmakers either are too old to understand what the gently caress when it comes to anything computer related or have an interest in money laundering, either for themselves or their backers. Especially the kind that is difficult for the general public to understand.

lmao @ the lawmakers being so old that their dementia addled brains are incapable of forming new memories. many such cases.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Slotducks posted:

Everyone needs a plumber, doctor, electrician, etc etc

lmao.

all occupations and careers are worthless timewasters except those in finance, law, and insurance. these are the sectors where surplus value is captured.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

BonHair posted:

Seriously. It's loving weird (lol no, it's capitalism) how we've all learned that our salaries are private. I was recently negotiating for a new job, and the combination of my union giving me wage statistics and co-workers being willing to tell me their pay helped me set a much higher goal and in the end land a higher pay. If everyone knew each others pay, it would be way easier to see when you were getting screwed, and to demand more in negotiations.

Guy who hates me for buying a house: I'm buying a house for my family, and because I can't/won't drive, I need it to be within biking distance of stuff. That is a popular thing, so it's expensive. I'm scared of unforeseen costs like undiscovered structural damage, and I hope to poo poo I don't need to divorce my wife anytime soon, because neither of us can afford it. It's the middle class dream, so pretty okay, but it's a fair bit down the line to the guillotine.

At my last job I told everyone I could how much I was making and if I got a raise with a new position. I know for certain that the bosses did not like that, although they couldn't stop me.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

I tell people my wage and help them prepare for salary negotiations, and I've gotten the same info from others. It's part of not being a scab

This is explicitly why I told people my wage as well. I know this is why the bosses didn't like it too. A couple of the managers mentioned this to me indirectly and I replied both times that the world would be a better place if everyone told everyone else what they made.

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

I've never received a poor performance review and I've been randomly fired out of the blue before.

I've talked to a great many people, managers and supervisors as well, who flat out didn't believe that people were ever fired "without cause." I even followed this up with the implications of the Right to Work law but they would still disbelieve or would retreat into a vague "well that just doesn't make sense" or "why would a business do that" defense.

These people were intelligent, experienced professionals. They had gone to universities and received advanced degrees. They held positions of power and influence.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 00:44 on Mar 20, 2021

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

jetz0r posted:

Tim Hunkin, the who made The Secret Life of Machines, makes some cool physical arcade machines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr4fdXtRJXQ

I was really happy when I watched one of the Secret Life of Machines episodes and Tim Hunkin discussed climate change as a consequence of using internal combustion engines. He totally nailed it, which is a rare thing for a series made in 1989 by a boomer-era brit. Tim by all rights should be a gammon but he isn't and that is wonderful.

Youtube comments were full of people flipping out about Tim acknowledging climate change.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfr3_AwuO9Y&t=672s

Linked to the section where Tim knocks a hole in an oil filter and gets sprayed in the face with motor oil. Bonus points for the amazingly filthy jumpsuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfr3_AwuO9Y&t=1354s

Tim discusses catalytic converters and mentions there is no such thing as a completely green car.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

Am I to understand the company had 6 managers overseeing 5 people doing actual work?

now this is capitalism!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ArmZ posted:

the Indian point nuclear power plant is being shut down at the end of the month for no reason

atomz

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

I just sort of stopped wearing jeans when I realized (Daddishly) how comfortable khakis were compared to them.

Now I just wear khakis, some of which are faded, paint splattered, and beat to poo poo like jeans

That being said, I did see a pair of Levi's 90's Jeans that I am mad at myself for not buying.

once you start to walk the path of a dad, you understand why so many dads before you walked that same path.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Kreeblah posted:

And they're still charging $73/vial. Doesn't that poo poo cost like $5 to make?

im a hustler, baby. a money engineer. I don't just grind 100% of the time, I grind 1460% of the time.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

Remember when Ellen saying "im gay lol" was the biggest most controversial television event of the decade, cuz I sure do

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

it may be the same in other places but in the US, if you call in sick you might get fired on the spot. even if you don't get fired for the first time, you will eventually if you continue to call in sick.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

tmfc posted:

isn't this the same MIT group that recently put out a thinkpiece about how rural Africans' camp stoves are bad for the environment and that they should switch to greener cooking methods?

lmao

that was a A+ scam piece to generate fake carbon offsets. someone will probably end up doing it too. claim they distributed 70,000 or so "green" whatevers and then claim the carbon saved by those 70,000 green whatevers

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

inferis posted:

what is a real carbon offset lmao

in theory, ones where the group would in fact distribute and put into place the new stoves. this is still bullshit so the scam hedgefund dudes just skip all of that and go right to the claiming part.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

imperial and other customary units are great when you need to divide things and want a complete fraction. metric is poo poo once division comes into play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I really don’t understand who the gently caress goes to upscale chains. If you’re going to be throwing down $60 for an entree and another $30 on two drinks you might as well go somewhere unique

I just don’t understand why your spending that much cash for some streamlined national chain operation

it is because money does not buy taste and wealth is wasted on the wealthy