Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Maybe that's what they call Achilles in other country slang, like windscreen or poofters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol "Sorry guys, we can't reverse engineer an awning, sorry about the heatstroke"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Dispatches from people Pete Carroll thinks are interesting and cool enough to give the Seahawks lectures:

TBH I had to do this for like a year, year and a half from my allergies. It was with vitamin and mineral supplements added in and I got really lean and strong, my cholesterol was amazing, low blood pressure etc.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Coaches tend to decline in ability because of the simple fact that they work inhuman hours. It's very rarely sustainable for years on end.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

His legendary defense was built by an alcoholic draft wizard and he proceeded to spend $75 and a packet of big league chew for several years to protect his franchise QB.

Their window is over because he has so thoroughly mismanaged the team over the last few years.

He is still better than about half the coaches out there so you have to keep him though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Bob Socko posted:

And there’s the other thing. Who is both available and an upgrade?

No idea. I think he's old and his brain is slowing down but his teams are prepared and Wilson is a sack dodging cheat code. As soon as Wilson gets injured he's fired.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

You're in the backfield, scrambling around in the turf, when all of a sudden you look to your right...

-what one?

What?

-what stadium?

If doesn't make any difference what stadium, it's completely hypothetical.

-but how come I'd be there?

Maybe you're flushed out. Maybe you want to salvage the play. Who knows? You look right and you see a right tackle. Russ, he's being pushed toward you...

-right tackle? What's that?

You know what a screen door is?

-Of course!

Same thing.

-I've never seen a screen door... But I understand what you mean.

You spin left and the tackle falls onto his back, Russ.

-do you make these questions up, do they write them down for you?

The tackle lays on his back, his belly baking in the hot sun, beating his legs and trying to turn himself over. But he can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

-what do you mean I'm not helping?

I mean you're not helping! Why is that, Russ?
They're just questions, Russ. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response. Shall we continue?

Lol. I normally hate these references but this is loving brilliant

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Play posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPbZ4jctdxE

A bit long, but I liked all the DB shop talk and the little inside looks. Also seeing a bit of what coming back from a serious injury is like. At the end of the video is the Colts 49ers preseason game which was kind of fun. Sherm is such a unique guy

This is excellent. The old guys were talking about Calvin Johnson to the young corners and Sherman goes "Imagine Julio but bigger. And faster. He was bigger than you, stronger than you, and faster than you" and the look on the guy's face was priceless.

It starts at 10:00 and is worth a listen

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 15, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Maybe you should have spent that money on your O-line then

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

If you're a truck driver working 60 hours a week you should have your licence pulled for gross negligence and given a stern lecture about how you're of no benefit to your family dead, and it's unlikely the families of the victims killed by your sleep deprived rear end will think as highly of your hosed up "work ethic" as you do.

The more hours people say they work the more they're actually lying. There was a study done.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Goff won't truly be tested until he plays in New England and his helmet radio "mysteriously" cuts out.

It's funny though, I was raised a Cal fan (family thing) so I've seen a ton of him. Still so tough to tell what lets players like him and Rodgers succeed in the NFL where others fail. Their games are on different worlds than in college--obviously they had the ability to grow to what they are, but how much of that is because Rodgers weirdly fell to Green Bay and got to sit behind Favre, and that Goff had McVay swoop in to save the team?

The NFL handles both team's radios

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Oh, yes! Of course. Must be a weird Foxboro coincidence.

The NFL owns, sets up, and monitors the radios. The last time this came up was a dolphins/pats primetime game where everyone started shouting out Pepe Silvia and it turned out the dolphins equipment guy put a dead battery into a headset.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's just starting QB money added to a regular total though

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Someone said that due to the measurement the clock was about to start running again but I don't know if that was true

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/DannyBKe...00%2Fframe.html

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lmao this looks like the definition of insanity

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The NBA is fixed anyway.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tie games because a kicker doinked one off the uprights are always loving amazing.

Edit: actually I'm not sure if a tie has ever happened off a doink. Games lost off a missed kick are hilarious still though

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 26, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Suh is going to chase a ring with the Pats next year.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He put the Superbowl out of reach with his kick off return TD

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Real dumb dudes here not realizing the Rams are in prevent because the games are out of hand.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's loving crazy to me that nobody just pays Scott McCloughan to sit at home, drink, look at tape, and tell them who to draft.

Edit: actually just looked it up, the Browns did and this draft looks pretty good so far!

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 8, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol.

This is the best rivalry thread

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pats for sure.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Spoeank is nuts but he's good people

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sweeper posted:

I humbly submit the splc in memory of wheez

This is a perfect idea.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1079988253493772288?s=20

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Antonio Brown getting into an argument with Roethlisberger makes me like him even more.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Brady gets to run his special gym basically right on campus and hawk his poo poo to all the other players, along with various other things. They're not literally handing him suitcases of cash under the table.

TB 12 is in Patriot Place. It's like 100 feet from Toby Keith's I Love This Bar, where the most DUI's in Massachusetts come from.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I hate the Seahawks but I hope you destroy the Cowboys.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brett Kollman's YouTube channel is great

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Russell Wilson should request a trade to a team that will actually throw the ball

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Benny the Snake posted:

You think the run is your ally? You merely adapted it!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tweak posted:

"let them play" is usually reserved for ticky tack calls not full on obvious game breaking ones

Those went in every direction tonight

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

This sounds like we're talking about Mariota still

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I would be very nervous as a Rams fan because Goff looked like a rookie the last half of the year until he achieved his final form of Mark Sanchez in the Superbowl.

He made a lot of clearly bad decisions last night.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

3rd and long time for a power iso right up the gut

Lol at least take the loving 15 yard cushion the Pats are giving you. That was 3rd and 22 right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I thought they were good on cap room, just low on draft picks. The next year they're hosed