Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I mean honestly who doesn't just want to live in that castle and hang out with ghosts and monsters all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I really can't stand dubs except for a very small handful of shows which have, you know, actual good voice acting.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

I started watching School Live/Gakkou Gurashi today. It seems extremely sad.

That show legit made me cry at one point. It gets pretty heavy.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

Wixoss is an incredibly important story of lesbian sexuality and how society denies women love, approval, and affection based on things like mental disorders, sexuality, economic status, appearance, etc. it's an amazing anime even if it gets very infodumpy at times

Endorph posted:

edit: Also Wixoss using card games as an excuse is entirely justified because the term for battling in that series is literally just a pun on the term used for homosexual marriage. like if you told me to tl it id go with 'same selector battling' or 'homoselector marriage' or something. it rules.

I've had Wixoss vaguely on my watch list for ages despite knowing nothing about it, but now I am excite

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Always be kind to spiders.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Always be kind to spiders!

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Bourbon biscuits are proof in the superiority of British food, and it's very frustrating (but good for my weight) that I can't get them here.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

a cartoon duck posted:

There's been a minor controversy in the Touhou fan community

And to think only a few years ago all Futo's dialogue was going to be translated into iambic pentameter.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Eela6 posted:

Picked up Girls Und Panzer for the third time and this time it 'clicked'.

I watched the first episode way back when it first aired and wrote it off as not my cup of tea despite being really interested in the premise of girls crewing tanks. Then a couple of years ago I went to the Bovington Tank Museum, came home and watched the whole series start to finish.

It's great.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Way too many things happening there.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

chumbler posted:

https://twitter.com/SukebanGames/status/1042052349223690247

Hell yeah I'm ready, but 2020 is so far away. I want a loop of that trailer music.

YES

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Turtleneck sweater underneath lab coat is an unexpectedly powerful combination.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Ccs posted:

Do you guys think anime has a worse track record than other mediums for disappointing endings? Cause I can think of so many anime I watched that didn't stick the landing after starting out strong, but I don't know if that's just bias from media consumption habits. And of course it's all subjective. I'm wondering if it could be from the elaborate premise a lot of shows start with that then runs into issues with production schedule issues, or because its an adaption that outpaces its source, or just cause writing endings is generally difficult.

I'm not clever or well-read enough to diagnose this, but I have noticed that when anime shows have crappy endings they tend to play out in this particular fashion which I'm having trouble defining.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Elfen Lied was hot poo poo when I was 16 years old but I imagine if I attempted to watch any of it now it would just be plain old cold poo poo.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I also have an incredibly vague teenage memory of attempting to read the Elfen Lied manga.

All I recall is that I must warn others: don't read the Elfen Lied manga.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1070282736177311744

AAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've been having a terrible day but this made me so happy.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

The link's in the picture that I was talking about! https://mangadex.org/title/25862/pashiri-na-boku-to-koisuru-banchou-san

Note, the main couple aren't yuri.

Surprise delinquent yuri. The manga that keeps on giving.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

chumbler posted:

In fairness this just confirms subtext that has been there more or less since those two side characters were introduced, and was all but text in the chapter focused on the two of them. Though it's good that it looks like there will be at least a temporary shift away from the main couple to let them do things together without dragging out their plot until they just directly say they like each other. More on the side characters is good.

I will literally take any delinquent yuri I can get, there's nowhere near enough (any?) of it.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Yes! It is good.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

i like that chapter but the comic seems hornier than the pixiv version in a way i dont enjoy

Yeah the third chapter was uh, hmm.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Cuntellectual posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/32510/shiawase-wo-anata-ni

I liked this oneshot. I couldn't think of where else to post it, though.

:smith:

That was good. I swear I've seen that art style somewhere before.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

Please do not lewd Moriya Suwako, the only canon Touhou mother.

Junko.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

unless you ship yukari/yuyuko i guess, which is valid, but in that case it just transitions to yukari being youmu's step-mom

This is a revolutionary concept and now I have to go write bad fanfiction.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Nothing has made me feel more like an out of touch old than not being into mobile games the last couple of years.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Yuri confirmed.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

The combat was kind of repetitive but the kinaesthetics were so good that I didn't care.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Merry Christmas all you wonderful anime boops.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I intended to watch a whole bunch of anime on my backlog this year, and I kinda did, but not as much as I was expecting, and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I only watched the first season of Monowhatsits like a hundred years ago when it first aired and it was amazing, but I kept putting off watching the rest and now you're telling me there's basketball lesbians??? How did I miss this extremely important fact?

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

I only watched the first season of monogatari and there was a basketball lesbian in it

A! Just one! Now there are two of them!

Seriously though I knew nothing about the series after the first season, this is literally the only discussion of it I've ever seen and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

The only anime merch bold and brash enough for true anime fans are ahegao hoodies.

I saw one of these in the wild once. Running free, as it were.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Clarste posted:

but you can't only think about the same things for decades on end

Thank you for reminding me I've been into Touhou for a decade.

I old.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

That tail wag.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

SerCypher posted:

Also with weird robot chat, I really like this concept artist (though it's not really anime):
https://www.keiththompsonart.com/robots.html

Oh wow that dude is still making art. I remember finding his site about ... 6-8 years ago? I think?

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

This is probably a super old take but the dub for Cromartie High School is amazing and better than the Japanese.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

I'm just confused why they're riding another Touhou when both of them can fly. I'd rather see Wacky Races style carts for each team, especially if they aren't actually flying.

How have I never seen that before? That is amazing.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

The least surprising reference ever.

Wait, what's happening here? Is this Stalker?

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

i want to read comics but mangadex is dying

Finally, my years of pack-rat collecting manga I haven't read yet will come in handy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Heavy Object sounded super cool when I saw the idea, but I tried reading the light novel and gave up when one of the dudes freaked out because a girl surprised him while he was fishing.