Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

In 500 words or more (or less), what's the best Disgaea 5 class and why

Sage, though I never got any of the DLC characters. Land Decimator is absolutely ridiculous for both Item World and power-levelling by most methods (like the Asagi map).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I wanted to use the orchestral music fan patch for DQVIII on 3DS and I looked into it to today and the bozo who made it also replaced the English dub with the Japanese dub.

There's different versions floating around.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Now that they’ve done two DQ Minecraft games, they should do DQ Fortnite next.

Everyone is Torneko and their packs are full of crappy swords and cypress sticks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Hell did Heroes 2 ever come out on switch

It was a launch title.. In Japan. The Heroes 1&2 Switch pack never made it across the ocean.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I've been playing Arena of Valor and I think the power curve is perfect. In DOTA or LoL a couple of bad team fights can snowball the match to the point where your team starts screaming at each other and then someone throws just to piss off the person antagonizing them and you're stuck in a match you can't win for half an hour. Heroes of the Storm has the opposite problem. You can win nearly every encounter and you still feel like your characters are barely any stronger then the enemy team's.

AoV has a good balance. You can still recover from a few bad fuckups if you co-ordinate and play carefully but you can also carry and show off. The match length is also perfect at about 15 minutes. It's a surprisingly fun game and the controls feel really good, something which is important to me as my wrists become increasingly less tolerant of RTS and MOBAs. :corsair:

Yeah, I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Granted I've done all botmatches except for one, (where I was worried about it would go but ended 13/0/5, MVP and finished the match in under nine minutes) because I'm on mobile internet for a time here and it either won't let me queue or warns me that botmatches might be better because of ping quality I guess, but it's fun! Though wow, the other version has a lot more characters, even without the DC ones.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

bowmore posted:

Why would you want to play mario party online?

I have like one friend in this hemisphere

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Is there a way to check which games have just updated?

Nope, not unless there's a news item. It really shits me that all you get is "Blabla & 1 more updated" for about two seconds and that's it.

I'm pretty sure Paladins sucked down 6GB off my mobile plan this morning because I didn't leave the system in flight mode :downs:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

psylent posted:

I grew up playing a C64, I don't have the same nostalgia for these old punishing NES style of game.

You uh, must not have played many C64 games because most of them were vastly ruder than Mega Man.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

They will be dogshit.

So, just like a GC controller?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Disgaea 1 Complete is literally just Disgaea 1 PC with sprites from D5/DD:2. Healing still doesn't give EXP. You can still gently caress up and be unable to clear a floor in Item World.

Yeaaaaaah.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Harlock posted:

Oh cool, the Kairosoft games I enjoyed playing them. Maybe a couple of bucks.

Wow $12.

The Switch tax is real and powerful

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

HenryEx posted:

I found i can plug my dock into my PC monitor since i use DVI for my PC and have a HDMI slot to spare, but is there anything to do about the sound in that scenario?

The 3.5mm jack still works in docked mode, so just plug that into Line In on your PC and set Windows to allow "listening" to it in Sound/Recording settings.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It's best to find an option for line-in playback level in the mixer for your sound hardware. The "listen" method does it through software and introduces a lot of latency.

Honestly I couldn't tell any difference between doing it through Realtek's stuff or Windows. Meanwhile I found that my TV's optical out introduced some minor delay and that drove me up the wall enough that I went and got a splitter to solve it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Heath posted:

Supposedly Phantasy Star is dropping on Halloween but I can't tell if it's going to drop on the US store. This article seems to imply that it is:

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/sega-ages-phantasy-star-launches-october-31

It'll be Nov 1st or a few hours either side for US/EU.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Licarn posted:

I somehow didn't expect those replies :stare:

Big surprise that video game fans on twitter are idiots.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

How the FUUUUCK do I play Katamari??!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sony's Totaku

Pretty sure Totaku is a Gamestop/EB thing, which is why there's like, Conker and Master Chief and YuGiOh alongside the AG-SYS Fighter and poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Huh, for some reason I thought it was a Sony-made thing. Must've just been because of the launch lineup.

Yeah, can't blame you on that one I suppose

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Libluini posted:

Switch is good. Now back to finishing Phantasy Star. The heroine and her friends are still stuck on Fantasy Hoth. Goddamnit, so many caves in this empty, frozen wasteland :argh:

Dezolis is wonderful this time of year

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Compromise, make Armoured Souls.

gross

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Policenaut posted:

The new PS4 Yakuzas on Dragon Engine have auto-save.

Kiwami 2 doesn't. For some loving reason.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Metal Slug is incredible though, I don't know if I'd say that for any of the Capcom beat'em ups.

Both D&D games still own hard.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Basch is apparently not good enough to be on the box.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Barudak posted:

What do you think is under Ashe's dress?

Larsa, duh

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Is this a new trend for parents to want games to be super easy for their kids? When a lot of us were kids games were brutal and unfair and we still love them. Hell at 5 I had to put a cassette tape into the computer and wait 20 minutes for a super poo poo hard game to load and I loved it

A very goony post.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Do we have a Diablo 3 switch thread or discord? I’m paragon 500 chain running 13 rifts and GRs if anyone wants to tag along.

There's a console D3 thread in the Bliz subforum (I think) that's mostly Switch players now. I believe the Switch discord also has a D3 channel.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

People don't buy games off the Windows store even though they had sweet Xbox titles exclusively there!! (Keyword 'had'; they're all now on Steam...)

Only Sunset Overdrive and Recore, of the stuff MS had any involvement with IIRC. Gears, Forza etc are all still only on the Windows Store.

Hard to tell how well they do there because you get a PC copy when you buy the games on the 'bone too, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quantum Break's on Steam too. Pretty much any exclusive that wasn't Microsoft-made, owned, or Rare Replay, made the jump. And we pretty much named all of them between the two of us :v:.

Right, yeah Quantum Break.. Rare Replay was never on PC at all, same with Master Chief Collection and Halo 5.

Stupidly, having MCC would have probably helped the WinStore out a bunch, but well..

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

One thing I do wish for the Switch is them bringing back the pure joyful insanity of the Miiverse in some way. Like Nintendo is still confused on the whole online thing but the Miiverse was something that was one of the best online features on any console

I hope that guy is enjoying water in games, wherever he plays.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

On an unrelated note, instead of TMS if anyone wants to play an RPG on the switch they should play Shining Resonance Refrain.

:whitewater:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vegastar posted:

As in trying to play on the computer screen through the capture software? You'll be miserable trying to do this, there's a fairly large delay of like, 2-3 seconds between real input and when the software shows it.

That's true of using OBS, but using Elgato's software there's no delay (at least with a HD60).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

Polyphony should get to work developing MOTOR TOON GRAND PRIX 2 :rock:

They did!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_Toon_Grand_Prix_2

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

hadji murad posted:

What are some tips for Disgaea 5?

I’ve played 1-3 before. I just like to get through the story and don’t do the level 9999 stuff.

Sage is OP as gently caress, be sure to make good use of Overloads and Revenge, and abuse the "Cheat Shop" as you like. That should be about all you need for the campaign, really.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Despera posted:

Wonder if theres any chance of doom 64 coming to the switch without having to buy doom eternal for the switch.

Rocket Pan posted:

If you want faithful and EX is giving you trouble (though even EX turned out to have some curious inaccuracies, though much more subtle), wait for the upcoming re-release comes march along side Eternal (recent livestream confirmed it'll be sold individually as well). Yeah I realise I'm probably a biased source, but then I'm also best source of info. :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Might mean nothing, might mean something!

Yeah I'm sure Spirit Camera is getting a port to a system with no camera any day now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

Might as well have Capcom's entire side of the roster be five copies each of Ryu and Chun Li.

That's SF Alpha 3

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SeXReX posted:

it already has puyo puyo tsu tho?????????????????????????????????????????????????

this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Apparently GRID is a decent jack of all trades as racing games go?

It is, though it's more on the sim side. Not like, Forza/GT levels but moreso than NFS or Forza Horizon, if that makes sense.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Gripweed posted:

The real problem with Disgaea is that you can get Disgaea, Disgaea 4, and Disgaea 5 on the Switch, but not Disgaea 2 or Disgaea 3

It would be better if Disgaea 3 did not come out on the Switch, for it is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I have Euro truck sim in my Mac but I've never tried it. Maybe I will. How different is it from spintires?

It's Death Stranding but you're a truck and the enemy drivers are more aggressive.