Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Snowmankilla posted:

Cool. We’re open again?

Overcooked worth it for single player?

Absolutely not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Silver Falcon posted:

I like the candy system. If you don't want to break the game with it, there are a couple other good uses of it. Catch a rare Pokemon with a lovely nature/stats? Use candy to shore it up! Like a Pokemon's unevolved form better than its evolutions? Give it candy until it's at parity with where it would be if it evolved!

It's basically an adjustable difficulty system. It's good. Candy is good. Send the unworthy to the farm upstate back to the Professor!

Fun fact: candies are 2% sugar and 98% gelatin.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Beastie posted:

Is this actually a thing that Nintendo does or are we just assuming?

Seriously, I don't know. All the other consoles launched the deals last week, so I don't know if Nintendo will do it or just say "gently caress you buy more."

Nintendo assuredly won't but third party developers can do what they want. I'm pretty sure they'll have some discounts if there isn't already, especially for indie titles.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Is there a way to make the Switch continue a download after it's gone asleep? I'm sick of having a server error pop up because I didn't hit a button every five minutes in a three hour download.

E n/m just disabled sleeep altogether

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Seriously can not comprehend how anyone can play pinball on a screen with a horizontal aspect ratio

Anyway gimme animal crossing and Mario maker dammit

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Andrast posted:

How am I supposed to stop the politics talk otherwise?

Super Mario 2 and Kirby are out now!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Yoshi's in a world of crap!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

These graphics are extremely confusing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I'm the jiggly poop.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I always think of the Uffington Horse because of that one XTC album.

This new Trials game is so goddamn Ubisoft it's physically painful. Had to turn the music off in less than a minute, you need an Ubisoft account for online stuff and I've been so spoiled by Nintendo that I forgot that loot crates exist in third party land :(

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

After spending almost all of year 1 in Stardew valley preparing everything I needed to brew beer in the Winter, I managed to be off on my calculations by ONE DAY, which meant I was missing a critical ingredient to make kegs.

So I've been struggling to find stuff to do. It's been a long winter, and the denizens of Stardew have grown tired of seeing me listlessly walk about town, like a ghost in the snow.

Hit the mines
stock up on coal and iron
get any wood fences upgraded to iron
chop the poo poo out of those big trees on your farm and plan an organized, easily harvestable farm patch of trees
make quality sprinklers
build silos

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

I actually got to the bottom of the mine on like day 4 of Winter so I have to wait until Year 2 to keep progressing...

But yeah I've been trying to just stockpile resources for the Spring. I guess I could upgrade my fences to iron but smelting iron bars is such a drag.

The quality sprinklers thing is definitely something I need to focus on. I actually have the recipe for Iridium sprinklers but I've only come across a few pieces of Iridium.

I like to troll around levels 40-50 because that's where most of the iron is. Iron is super important because so many crafting recipients depend on it, like preserves jars and kegs.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
You'd think they would have struck when the iron was hot and put out a snowboarding game last year when Chloe Kim was a superstar but welp.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I'm 34 today and you know what that means!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
How the hell do you have meat boy and not Celeste

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I particularly liked the lake puzzle with the door where you have to make DOOR is SHUT and DOOR is OPEN and then the door disappears

I know there's a Baba thread now but I solved this one in an entirely different way. WALL is KEY, push STOP away from WALL, then make KEY is WALL, STAR is WIN and you're done

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm glad the trailer for that dogsledding game showed what it did at the end cuz now I don't think I'll ever get myself to play it now. Poor pup.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Fawf posted:

Getting those three games owns but now that nearly every first party NES game worth having is on the service I can feel the looming threat of Urban Champion

Can they get to pinball already? That was the first game I got on the NES, along with the SMB pack in.

Also Guardian Legend please.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Over There posted:

mostly the Magypsies. They're an alien race that help you along your journey.

There's one scene where one of them is drowning Lucas to help reveal his powers but they make it suggestive.

Also there's a horse/fish man that gives you oxygen by kissing the main characters.

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, where's Locria :colbert:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Overcooked 1/2 is a 5-player game IMO. Four people to move the characters and one to plan and direct things.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Idk what this argument is all about but Diglett is a real lovely linebacker I tell you what.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Rolo posted:

No goose game no hollow knight no... Celeste 2...

Celeste is getting a new chapter soon!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I hear you can get a unique monster by sending it a Mariah Carey "Merry Christmas" tweet

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

That lopsided backpack is not doing her any favors and will likely give her pretty bad back pain in the long term.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Kurtofan posted:

Shovel knight king of cards and showdown look fun as well

What's this about Shovelknight Showdown?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Nakoruru was my SS main so her plz

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Mario's got the cutest baby toes.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Some Tiny Japanese Game Box I Can't Fuckin Read

Puyo Puyo 2

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

asecondduck posted:

The 8BitDo Pro controllers have four different pairing modes: Switch, Mac, Xinput (Xbox/PC/Android) and D-input (PS4), selected by holding one of the face buttons and Start as you turn it on. So you could use the Switch mode for your Switch pairing, and either Xinput or D-input for your Apple TV, as I believe TVOS supports both.

Wait wait I just got one of these and you're telling me I won't have to use that horrible dogshit Apple TV remote ever again?!?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

bushisms.txt posted:

If this brought on a wave of copy cats similar to goat simulator, I'd be all for it. Need untitled cat game where you knock poo poo off the shelf with full control of your tail

Already done, it was called catlateral damaage and i had fun playing it. It is not on switch though.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How the gently caress do you pronounce "XD"?

I'm guessing it's "never touch me".

"Four hundred ninety"

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I just want Hyrule Warriors on sale, is that too much to ask

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

SardonicTyrant posted:

I've pretty much sworn off all games which take longer than a weekend to finish.

The sole exception is DQ11, because I can play that during lunch breaks.

The "Story So Far" intro when you pick DQ11 back up after a month should be mandatory for all RPGs going forward.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Nintendo must have been looking at my wishlist because they sure went out of their way to exclude Dragon Builders 2 from the NA sale :argh:

How is Ni No Kuni?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

SelenicMartian posted:

Really pretty, but terrible.

Dang. Well I liked Musou games back in the day and unlike Hyrule, Dynasty Warriors 8 is on sale so I guess I'll take that. Thanks for the info.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Butterfly Valley posted:

Make a European account to access our sales, it takes all of 10 minutes and isn't complicated. It's how I got Starlink whenever that first went on digital sale in the US. I'd put it off for a while because I thought it would be faff but it really isn't

I wound up buying Dynasty Warriors 8 instead and after spending a couple hours I have no regrets. I forgot how much I love mindless hack and slash Musou games.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

RBA Starblade posted:

One day Hyrule Warriors will go on sale and I'll buy it, but it is not this day

I also shared this thought and settled for DW8 which is on sale, and I'm drat glad I did.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Phone posted:

it's the reset the world memory management function

it replaces all of the enemies and doodads so you don't wind up with even more weird rear end memory induced problems

the blood moon is the plot reason for resetting the map. the trigger is 72 in game hours.

Blood Moon absolutely creeped me the gently caress out the first time I saw it happen in real time. What a fantastic way to handle such a mundane task.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Why the gently caress do these lack online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

bowmore posted:

to make you play on the couch with your friends

Why would I play a video game implementation of a board game with friends when I could play the physical board game? It's only like $25 on Amazon and more tactile.