Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tomtrek posted:

Confirmed: It's a Mandolorian.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

EDIT:

I really really want the thing on his back to be the electric prod thing Boba has in the Holiday Special.

Maybe it is; look down at the Mandolorian's knee, and you can just make out what looks like a prong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

teagone posted:

Clone Wars goes to dark places at times. Like when Clone Troopers were setting Geonosins on fire:
https://i.imgur.com/Nm6SgW9.mp4

Or when Ahsoka decapitated several Mandalorians at once:
https://i.imgur.com/adf0bxq.mp4

I think it was the first story arc that had battle droids making jokes as they cut through escape pods, ejecting the unprotected survivors into space.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

jng2058 posted:

That was his popularity. He looks cool, he doesn't say much, and especially in that time between Empire, where he's the one to outsmart Han and be the only bad guy to accomplish his mission, and Jedi where he dies like a chump, there was a time when everyone's imagination about what Boba Fett could do went wild.

The "No disintegrations" line helped him too, since it implied a long history working for Vader.

I still laugh at trying to collect a bounty after he's disintegrated someone.

"I got 'em. You just gotta take my word for it."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The A-Team in the Star Wars universe? Yes, please!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Obi-Wan announced, with Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader?!?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/sw_holocron/status/1344387767749517314?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Dave Syndrome posted:

I've been rewatching Legends of Tomorrow recently, and I can't help but wonder if Dee Bradley Baker took inspiration for Wrecker and Crosshair from Dominic Purcell's Heatwave and especially Wentworth Miller's Captain Cold, respectively.

I'm hearing Crosshairs as Avon from Blake's 7, personally.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

Returning the franchise to bedrock would help introduce it to a new generation. Mr. Abrams’s similarly old-school movie would follow. “Continuity” became a watchword. (Mr. Filoni said that Mr. Lucas, unconcerned in recent years that his stories had become confusing, once told him, “Continuity is for wimps.”)

Lucas was right, again!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Horrific thought: If the Clones were created with a goal to wipe out the Jedi, what if Omega was created to wipe out the Clones?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I like even Wrecker has enough sense to put on a farmers hat when they are supposed to be keeping a low profile, and Hunter won’t remove his bandana with the skull insignia. Would have been fun if it led to a Russell Crowe in Les Mis outcome where he’s arrested immediately.

Removing the bandana does nothing to cover up the massive skull tattoo on his face

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

The Chiss Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Galactic Empire believed, when compensating for the bias of artists on their art about the Grysk, that the stories of vast hordes of the Grysk were not accurate. Rather, he believed it was more likely that the Grysk used unfamiliar tactics and weapons to defeat their opponents. Thrawn also did not believe the myth that the Grysk were nomadic, as most species that begin on planetary worlds do not easily surrender them and because their starships, as depicted in art pieces, strongly demonstrated a preference for sun, sky, and soil, rather than the vast darkness of space.

God, I hate Thrown.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Don't forget, it's also hinted at the reason why Thrawn was given out of the way commands was because secretly, the Emperor was actually afraid of him. :rolleyes:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, tweeking nazis is something that a lot of people leave out of history. Serious theories suggest that Hitler being so dynamic and confident early on and then was a shattered mess by the end of the war is contributed to his copious amounts of meth he took. Early Blitzkriegs were powered by stuka pills, which were just tabs of amphetamines.

True! Alderaan is space Canada, sorta british, sorta american.

Alderaan, home of The "Eh-Wing" Fighters.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I was disappointed that we didn't get Todo vs Gonk :unsmigghh:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Years ago there was an art of The Clone Wars series book, and it was full of commentary from Filoni and the other artists. There was only one single comment in the whole book (that I recall) from George Lucas:

"If I didn't stop Dave, he'd have Plo Koon in every episode."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I loved Hunter falling through the trees like Rambo in First Blood. I'm kind of hoping we get a First Blood style ep next week, with him escaping, and being pursued, armed only with his knife

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Dave Syndrome posted:

Still haven't finished signing in, sir!

Ha!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ruling with respect sounds about right. Sure you can go ahead and think it’s the same as kindness and hugs until you step out of line and next thing you know you have two murdering bounty hunters clarifying their stance by bashing your skull in

Boba's going get everyone on his side at the end, all working together, then he's going to kill them all at once and completely take over

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

Another TV spot dropped today and surprise of surprises, there's actually a reveal in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s27xpz-qi-M

Throw your speculations into the ring now cause in 5 days they won't matter

An orphan Boba takes under his wing and mentors

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Also, Vader and a platoon of Stormtroopers capture Han and the Gang. Boba just followed them. He was as effective as the Imperial Probe Droid at the beginning.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Working as a bounty hunter for Jabba resulted in Boba Fett being eaten. I'm sure that probably changed his outlook on life. Why go back to being a bounty hunter, working for someone, and risk the chance of being eaten again? Better to become the guy who lets other people get eaten.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I keep seeing this, but honestly what other way could you possibly have him escape? It’s either punching his way out or using the jet pack. That’s the easiest and most obvious way without devoting screentime to some other stupid convoluted explanation.

Everyone knows he escaped, here it is for 10 seconds, alright now we can move on with the episode. I’m fine with it :shrug:

Went further down and escaped through the sarlacc's anus.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

site posted:

i was so blown away by that i half convinced myself it was just another Wookie who looked like him

also after this ep I'm convinced the badass Tusken turns about to be super hot and they fall in love and then she gets murdered, classic western tale like

I'm gonna guess Boba doesn't give one good goddam about running the crime syndicate. At some point his "tribe" is going to be completely wiped out, and his taking over Jabba's territory is one big ruse to set everyone up so he can kill them all. Hell, he might pull "Fistful of Dollars"/"Yojimbo" and play them against each and then kill what's left over.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Plus the creators are white.

That must be news to Robert Rodriguez

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hopefully we haven't seen the last of Train Droid

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Anyone else notice Amy Sedaris' character and her three pit droids walking by in the distance at the beginning?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

* Now that we know Jawas are interstellar travelers, it's a wonder there aren't any on Jaaku. Jabba's sailbarge would have been a good haul, but Jaaku would be their loving Mecca.

Now I'm picturing a Jawa spaceship, and it's adorable.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I'm wondering when Boba will realize that Jennifer Beals is the mayor

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Boba Fett surviving the Sarlac is one thing, but the real unsolved mystery of Return of the Jedi is how did Max Rebo survive Jaba's sail barge exploding?

e: probably the same way Bib did, now that I think about it...

Obviously his keyboard thing doubles as an escape pod

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Drunk in Space posted:

I loved how the 'cryogenic density combustion booster' the Jawas give them is basically that big metal pole Han tries to brace the walls with when they're stuck in the garbage compactor in the first film (although the Mando one is considerably shorter).

They took it from a Pyke ship. It's going to be funny if that comes back in finale. (The Pykes return to their ship to blow Boba and the gang away, but the ship explodes instead)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Grogu's going to go off and join Din, but without Luke to guide him, he's going to turn to the Dark Side :unsmigghh:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Yeah, it's way less techno-filtered, but it's otherwise the same voice he did.

I love that the physical actor made him move a bit slower than we are used to seeing in Clone Wars because he's significantly older now. Just a grumpy old cowboy you don't want to gently caress with. Love it.

Upon rewatch, i noticed the sad little face Grogu makes when Luke offers to clear up his memories Little buddy did not want to do that. Way to go, Master Jedi. :smith:

Grogu's going to remember that it was Anakin killing all his friends, and he's going to go after Luke for revenge :unsmigghh:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1501936922993696777?s=20&t=O_r50F8DIrKqJvCsx-K4eg

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Is that a joke tweet? :lol:

No?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hazo posted:

Yeah because somehow Obi-Wan has to learn where Yoda went, because I don't think we ever see him actually tell Obi where he's going in exile.

He told look where to go in Empire, though he could've learned it after he died.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

shades of eternity posted:

I just found this and want to subscribe to their newsletter.

I thinking more about Alien/Ewoks.

Aliens take characteristics from whatever host they burst from. So would we have have three feet tall, furry xenomorphs?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Slashrat posted:

Clearly there are more than that to aim for:

Darth Zen Omorph

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gonz posted:

Vader is never gonna let anybody have the high ground on anyone ever again, i'd imagine.

Why do you think he got remade so much taller?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Ah, I didn't play TFA one. Only one I didn't.

I like most of the LEGO games. They're a fun mindless distraction. The LEGO Indiana Jones was the first game I ever got 100% of the achievements for on the XBox (because they're also pretty easy). The only one I ever got bored of and stopped playing was Harry Potter.

I could never finish The Lord of the Rings one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I liked Yoda jumping around because it was call back to martial art films where the old master suddenly breaks out the sick moves.