Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I've got two shiny Murkrows, they are my favorites. DonBird and Baba Yaga are their names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I just got a shiny Drifloon, it's the cutest!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Boywunda posted:

My gotcha got one on the drive home from work today. Good day! Love random shinies.

I somehow managed to lose my Gotcha between the car and the house. it was in my pocket, and when I arrived inside, it was no longer in my pocket. The pocket also has no holes, so I don't understand what happened. I guess I'm buying a new one at Gamestop tomorrow.

Edit: Found it! It slipped between the seat and the middle console almost immediately I expect, somehow.

OgreNoah fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 25, 2018

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

This is :krad: and I did not see this coming at all.

Time to download Google Fit I guess?!

Yeah, I just downloaded it, but I would have preferred it worked with Samsung Fit, which I already use. I didn't need two different Fit apps.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

SuperKlaus posted:

As far as we know then are formes just going to be entirely different Pokemon in this game? Or have there been clues about morphing from forme to forme?

Going by Castform, you have to catch it in a form and it stays that way forever in PoGo.

However, they've not stated at all if this is what they're doing with rarer pokemon like legendaries.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Who here is Plateialumitar? We hit Ultra friends and i'm coordinating to hit it with two of my besties tomorrow. I'll give you a heads up a few minutes before.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

I was looking forward to spreading mimes to the children when we got back from Europe, but welp.

Also, I think there should be at least some benefit to having played the game from its early days.

There is, you get to trade your first ten old as gently caress pokemon and get Luckies. I got lucky Mewtwo, SC Gengar, Empoleon, and shiny Ho-Oh this way.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

who cares about giratina, instead look at what I just caught:

it's so SHINY!

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

NZAmoeba posted:

I have a google Pixel, is there something I need to enable on the OS for this to work? I don't normally track my steps, and I was unaware if it's doing it in the background or not.

Download Google Fit if it's not already there. Enable Adventure Sync in Pokemon Go. Should work.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I'm so happy, I finally found one after 900 Karps.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I caught about 100 during Dratini day and 95 during Exeggutor week, the rest have all been quests mostly.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Shiny Ponyta and Cubone are live now, and they're everywhere.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I got my shiny Ponyta today, gonna name it Blue Wave provided a good result tonight.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Our local discord rules are basically be nice, if you arrive late to a raid, tough poo poo unless people feel like backing out, and don't accuse people of spoofing unless you have proof. Even then, talk to the mods first. No one seems to have problems with multi-accounting.

There is absolutely no code of conduct for Gyms, which results in some seriously salty people. If the game lets you do it, go for it.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

LumpyGumby posted:

Went out on Halloween hoping to find a shiny duskull, got a shiny sableye.

Caught a random shiny shellder, my second, a few days ago.

Really really wanted a shiny ponyta, got a shiny Cubone/marowak instead.

So, yay? Good problems. I would trade any of these for a shiny Eevee in a heartbeat.

You'll probably find a lot of people on your local discord or whatever willing to trade a shiny eevee for either of those. I only got 9 shinies over the two days, but many people got 20+ in my discord, and probably wish to get rid of them.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Also make sure to wait until you get the notification for getting the second candy, not just the 10km walking. I know they should come at the same time, but sometimes they don't and you need both.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Just change its name to Sakura to guarantee an Espeon

The name changes for Eeveelutions only work for the first one of each type.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I have been on a crazy shiny roll. Since Saturday, 4 shiny Pinsirs, 1 96% Gengar, a 89% Magikarp, 3 cubones, 2 ponytas, a Natu and an Absol tonight.

The Magikarp made me so happy, I had been looking for one for months.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I couldn't not use mine on this gal.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

Shouldn't that be DonaBird?

When you're the Don you can do whatever you want.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

God an S4? I tried playing the other day with my old S5, it was awful. A new phone will make your Go experience so much better. Maybe wait for Black Friday and get an S8, they'll probably be on pretty good sales, and are very reliable.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I caught a shiny Shinx today, and I love it. It's so gold!

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

The throw an excellent quest gives you a ditto pidgey, they did make it easier.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

NZAmoeba posted:

Did you update Calcy IV recently so it has the new CP calculations? either something went wrong during that conversion process, or the data got cleared on it and it's forgotten everything.

Seems like it would have difficulty remembering pokemon that got adjusted, so it may have wiped what saved stuff it had?

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Talking about difficult raid bosses, windy weather dragon claw Latios loving wiped entire teams so quickly. We had twelve 30+ people at one and we were all on the tail end of our second team before we downed it.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

HookShot posted:

There is a shiny Electrike/Manectric in the game and has been for months.

I'm with you on Lapras.

Uh no there isn't a shiny Electrike/Manectric in PoGo yet.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-go-shinies-list

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

I really want to evolve Electric Gritty with my 2nd Sinnoh Stone but I'm about 30 candy short and my best candidate is only like 70 iv

:smith:

I guess I'll finally stop ignoring crappy Sneasel and Roselia while I wait for more Electabuzz

Find a Use 7-super effective charge attacks in gyms quest, it gives an Electabuzz, which is at least a 10/10/10.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

On the other hand I have evolved my shiny Murkrow and a 100% Misdreavus because those are the pokemon I like the best and nothing will ever replace my Mewtwo/Ttar raid party.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Community day I’m just excited to try and get dragonite and Tyranitar candy really. Always in short supply for me.

How good is the evolved form of Mareep? I have a lower CP one, so I’ll be looking to try and evolve a better one up.

It's not great, but when it gets its Mega evo it might be good and it'll have a good dragon move, which it gains as a type.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I got 20 loving normal pokeballs instead of a Sinnoh Stone. Know where those pokeballs went? right into the loving trash, I don't have room for poo poo.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Yikes. I have 680 normal Pokeballs and feel like I really need to invest in some more item storage to get more before Community Weekend starts tomorrow.

Just trashed another hundred Ultra Balls to make room.

are you planning on just using your gotcha? otherwise, why would you keep normals when you could have ultras?

edit: to be fair, i probably don't need 350 golden razzes

edit2: i still need to buy 650 items slots worth, which is a lot of coins

OgreNoah fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 29, 2018

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Noxville posted:

On top of the recycled community day too? :effort:

I get it, for those of us who have been back for almost the entire year (I returned for Dratini day, missed bulbasaur day and only go to catch two mareeps but have been back for everything else), it's not the most exciting thing in the world. But a ton of people have only been back for like, 3 months, and they missed the birds and probably some of the beasts. This is a good move for retention of new players, and they know that longer term players aren't going to stop playing anyway.

Edit: Also take into account that it's winter in the northern hemisphere and if they were releasing amazing things a lot of people would be salty because of the weather.

OgreNoah fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 29, 2018

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Between a 4 hour walk yesterday and today, I've got the following shinies:
2 dratini
1 bulbasaur
5 mareep
2 charmander
1 eevee
5 cyndaquil
2 larvitar
1 beldum
3 chikorita
1 squirtle

and still no loving pikachu, which is the only shiny of them I don't have somehow.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

We have until 11pm PST tomorrow to evolve for CD moves, right?

Correct!
The ones that really matter are Metagross (it's a 33% DPS boost over its next best move), Tyranitar (if you need rock type attacks), Charizard and Venusaur (it's their best attacks by 10%~, and they're useful). Dratini doesn't really benefit from having the Draco Meteor, it's good but pretty much on par with its other best dragon attack, and Cyndaquil and Meganium aren't very good even with their community day moves.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

The Zombie Guy posted:

I didn't get any shiny 'mons, but I'm happy with my haul. Evolved a pair of Metagross, a 3rd T-tar, and a high-powered Venusaur.

I also hatched myself a perfect Treecko, so hey, unexpected bonus.

yeah I had weird perfect luck, I caught a perfect Poliwag from a quest reward and hatched a perfect Alolan Sandshrew, as well as got a perfect Beldum in a trade all on Saturday.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

TheMaestroso posted:

The past two research weeks I haven't gotten a Sinnoh Stone. Getting frustrated!

Seriously, I got 20 pokeballs (immediately thrown away) and 5 pinap berries (kept but only begrudgingly).

Niantic makes super dumb decisions.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I got a shiny Misdreavus today from the quest reward, I love it and can't wait until I finally get a third loving Sinnoh stone in probably 8 years and can evolve it.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Shin Growlithe came out in September, to coordinate with Fire month and Entei.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I really enjoyed my battles despite a lack of new Sinnoh stones being awarded to me. Did 6 battles with ultra friends and battled all three of the team leaders. Got 500 dust for the first three people battles and 500 dust for the leader battle, and since you don't have to heal your pokemon afterward I feel like it's a pretty good system so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Dragonstoned posted:

My 98 Alolan Golem is 1504 :negative:

I just evolved my Riolu, it is now 1510 :( I should have hatched a slightly worse one.

Also I caught my second shiny Shinx, or Shinxy, just a few minutes ago.