Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This owns. This owns publicly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Someone sees the writing on the wall.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

False - Trump Sr. would be upset that this could make him (Trump Sr.) look bad.

He knows Don Jr. will rat on him.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

I still say we just change how their appointed, give a President 1 Justice every time they get elected. No more weird holding over, or worrying who is gonna die or resign.

gently caress that poo poo, make it an elected position with a term that last 12 years. Screw this lifetime bullshit.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This is like something out of The Road.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

But then what happens when there's only one person left? Can you guillotine yourself, or should we start training animals to operate them?

Yes, you can absolutely guillotine yourself. It has a cord for a reason.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

If Trump loses in 2020 the bigger and unambiguous the loss the better, otherwise he will without a doubt make things NASTY for the country and his base will fall in line with conspiracies.

Ah gently caress it, their mouths will foam with rage no matter what

His base loses about 2 million people a year. If he fails reelection in 2020, they'll be down 10-12 million by the time 2024 comes around.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Of course, the first one is the wife of his friend who has been covering for him since he started his presidential run.

And Roger Staubach? Really?!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

farraday posted:

Honestly Alan page deserves it

Looking him up, yeah, but, because Staubach is up there, you can bet Trump didn't pick him because of his career on the Minnesota Supreme Court.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Whoever said that he picked Page and Staubach not because of being vets but because they're sportsball players is right on.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Zwabu posted:

Was the whole purpose of Trump's trip supposed to be the commemoration of this armistice or something else?

100th anniversary of the end of WW1 on Nov. 11.

Edit: Oh, and 242nd birthday to the Marine Corps (although it was formally proclaimed 167 years ago) today.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 10, 2018

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

I actually had the thought the other day that DST might mean he's sundowning even earlier than usual. Throw an overseas trip into the mix, and whooo boy

Also, being handed a major loss in the midterms, despite his assurances of a "red wave". All three of those are a recipe for disaster.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Doesn't sundowning actually happen around sundown... *checks time zones*

Narrator: They did.

I think sundowning really depends on how long the subject is up, but it typically happens at sundown because most people are raised to be active throughout the day. Big Baby Donny not getting his nappy-wappies in because he's campaigning, following election results, reacting negatively to said results, up awake due to worry, then having to get on a transatlantic flight and attend a major function in another time zone probably, given the way sleep deficits work, means he's having a sundowning episode from a week ago.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Having Barbara Lee, Maxine Waters, and Eddie Bernice Johnson as an all-black-woman House Dem triumvirate would own so many bones.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

My hope is that he runs afoul of the law in Florida and finds that being "a governor of another state" means nothing there.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

eke out posted:

i'm laughing about Notable Nazi Steve King in a dispute with the far-left publication "the weekly standard"

https://twitter.com/stephenfhayes/status/1061415279161434112

er, i mean

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/1061282737020116992

Antifa News

Steve King is so far right that The Weekly Standard would be a far-left publication to him.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I enjoy that the entire crux of her case that there's something fishy going on is that she gave a celebration speech and went to bed thinking she had won, so it must be unfair if that wasn't true.

Like, neither of them even tried to make an argument that there was something questionable about the votes. Just "Everyone said I won so it doesn't seem fair to change your mind."

I really think we need to start getting ready for elections not being settled in a single night. The last fifty years of televised election returns have really spoiled the country.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Spoke Lee posted:

If the R's had their way and were able to change Medicaid into a block grant, in home support services would have their budgets slashed including personal care assistants. This is what allows the severely disabled to live independently. Without this we can't feed ourselves, shower, use the bathroom, get dressed, or work. We have to surrender our freedom and become institutionalized. With all the abuse that entails.

But Republicans have also cut funding to public health institutions, so anyone disabled will likely end up starving to death on the street.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Why do you think the schedule for the Paris trip is so hosed up? He wasn't just the level of incoherence we expected from Trump, when they got to Paris he was in bad shape. Like, to the extent that his staff knew he couldn't meet with other world leaders. Confused, angry, scared, full-on pathetic old man senile. Worse than they expected, which is why he couldn't go the scheduled literal walk around a park. And it's continuing on to the second day of the trip, so it wasn't just one bad day. Trump is deteriorating fast.

I remember a couple weeks ago in the Trump thread, saying that Trump will not take the midterms positively and end up retreating into isolation to the point we will have periods where we don't see or hear of him for days. I had thought it would be almost immediately. but it looks like it's happening now.

Has Trump met with the press in France? I heard Jim Acosta's there and there's nothing he can do about it, so I'm sure he's avoiding him by not going to any of press junkets while there.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This apparently doesn't cover half of it. Putin didn't even shake Trump's hand.
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1061616569317507073

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

:hmmyes:

I know we are joking for the most part btw, but I saw some people who seemed serious way earlier because Mobas have a "toxic environment" (which oh yeah they do, but so do most insular video game communities).

Which is worse for a young Hispanic woman, toxic gamers online or the Republican congressmen on the other side of the aisle?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Nothing I've seen. Just doing the usual chud thing where they decide that counting votes is actually voter fraud.

What about that thing where Bay County voters e-mailed their ballots for DeSantis and Scott?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BonoMan posted:

This has probably been posted, but holy poo poo the Governor of Mississippi is trotting out abortion as "black genocide" in defense of Cyndi Hyde-Smith's "public hanging" comments.

loving what?

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2018/nov/12/governor-calls-abortion-black-genocide-defends-hyd/

Then wouldn't these guys be in favor for legalized abortion as long as it was black and brown people? Racist "logic" makes no sense.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

"Out giving a speech at the American cemetery in France memorializing American war dead. They're all just out of frame, honoring too."

Also, :lol: about the Secret Service giving him orders.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Since they're giving excuses about France, what about not attending Arlington National Cemetery on Veterans' Day?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

OK, some serious news

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1062434464494747649

EU and NATO is telling the US that its planning to form a common army because America can no longer be trusted to act as its protector

I'm guessing this is an expansion of the Eurocorps, which is basically a headquarters unit with the Franco-German Brigade attached to it. It inhabits currently a hazy definition of EU defense policy where it doesn't operate under the CSDP but it's assets could be used.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocorps

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

I love that Trump legit believed there was a red wave because he surrounds himself with people who will only tell him good news.

I want a video of him watching the results on Tuesday night.

I got the exclusive video of this...
https://youtu.be/t7PmzdINGZk

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

VH4Ever posted:

To be fair, he was in France and the graveyard in question was a resting place for American WW1 dead. But there was lying involved, SHucks said it was 2.5 hours away by car and Marine One couldn't fly, both provable lies but typical for this group of assholes. Sounds like a tantrum to me.

EDIT

Or are we discussing two separate events he ducked out of? Still.

Veterans Day was yesterday and he had already returned, so taking a two mile car trip was definitely in his power, if he wanted to do so.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

What was even the reason for trying to fire the deputy director of the NSC?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tibalt posted:

So for NaNo I'm writing a intricate court politics intrigue mystery and, man.

I feel like I'm somehow influencing the world through my novel right now.

Had that same feeling trying to develop a cyberpunk game. In particular, I had a group of metrosexual white supremacists that took care of their looks so they could mainstream their views and their street beatings, and now we live in this era of Richard Spencer and the Proud Boys.

If only there was a group of aggressive non-binaries roaming around the Midwest in technicals with automatic weapons and plate carriers chuckling in pigeon Farsi because it triggers the chuds.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Smeef posted:

As well as another addition to the veritable industry of products sucking money away from moronic MAGA types. $30 for a bunch of grey blocks, a single base plate, and a Lego man with a face that looks like what would have happened in the real-world version of Face/Off.

And you can bet that they haven't really made any money off of it, despite the mountains of litigation about to drown them. It's going to be like one of those Charlottesville marchers who wrote a "Pepe and Pede" racist children's book, dude didn't even make $1000 bucks off of it when he lost against Matt Furie's lawsuit.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Why would Ford want to be assassinated?

It was a bunch of Manson family groupies that thought if they made a big showy attack, they could get someone to spring Charlie out of prison.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mr_Moose posted:

Now he's as finally as qualified as Trump to be president

Really want to understand how this came to be.

The CNN article a few pages back goes into a lot of detail. The tl;dr about it is that she was rather forceful and dismissive with Melania's staff during the Africa trip, earning the ire of the First Lady.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

This is particularly great because the overarching message of almost every zombie movie/TV show is that WE are the monsters.

Also, the NRA and gun manufacturers having huge hands into the zombie craze, selling guns and ammunition with zombie branding.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I don't want to defend Aviannti because lol he's a loving weirdo, but a dedicated person could absolutely gin up probable cause to sustain a DV arrest. If I didn't understand or care about anything beyond tomorrow here's how I would do it.

1: hire/recruit sexy decoy to try to establish a relationship. If he's an egomaniac horndog who takes the bait all the better, but if not all I really need are a photograph or two of her together with the mark.

2: gently caress up the sexy decoy to the point of "traumatic injury" so you can get a felony. This isnt as hard as it sounds, in some jurisdictions simple bruising counts.

3: get inside or wait outside his building/house, wait for him to leave and make the 911 call.

4: Meet police outside with visible injuries, a story about how the mark caused them and proof of the relationship. That's p.c. for arrest.

It wouldn't hold up for more than a few days, but you get your headline.

If Wohl did have a hand in this, can't wait until the accuser is revealed to be Wohl's girlfriend. Again.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

As a resident of Texas, we freak out the second a snowflake hits asphalt.

OTOH, we laugh at you northerners who get worried when the temperature spikes over 90 degrees in the summer.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Avenatti would have been sink if Wohl and his Surefire "intelligence" "agency" hadn't popped up and said something. I was watching Wendy Williams and she brought it up Avenatti and said that she thinks it's a setup, although she's waiting for more information.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Umm, yeah, how would these complete strangers to a domestic violence case have a police report and photos of the victim?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Niwrad posted:

All that stuff was in the TMZ story. They just said it was his ex-wife instead of his girlfriend.

From what I've been hearing, it's a woman claiming to be his girlfriend. The "claiming to be" is what makes it extra-suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Earlier, someone not from CA was surprised that it was considered conservative, and I wrote this:

Orange County went for Hillary in 2016, so it can easily be said that Trump's brand of Republicanism doesn't really fly here. It still leaned red otherwise and maintained a majority of Republican reps that year. I think this year's results are a combination of energized Dems and Rep leaning people who are fed up with their poo poo.

Surprisingly, according to this nifty map, Irvine went solidly for Dems downballot. They even voted against the gas tax repeal. Irvine is a booming tech center and probably attracts a lot of young educated people.

The only thing I really knew was that OC is home to John Wayne Airport, which is the biggest "'nuff said" about the political leanings of Orange County.