Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
5'1" is generous and you know it, Dias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Both regular pat and long pat looks wrong.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

At what point are pants no longer pants.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I'd be lying if this wasn't practically the only reason I look in fates general direction.

https://twitter.com/Hukero/status/1080996397363662848

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Just play lethal league blaze my dudes

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

Add in Nowi you cowards.

FBI would like to know your location.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Alpharad is a good boy.

And yeah, smash CPUs are surprisingly competent.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Dias posted:

Today, on Pat's Twitter:

Patrick Boivin has trouble understanding the concept of variance, risk-assessment

Of course he does, he spends more money on lootboxes than some first world people make a month :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Also speaking of twitter garbage, holy poo poo that FC drama from 4 years ago that happened on pats twitter, people like that should be named and shamed so other FC's know what they're getting into by letting them join.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Andrast posted:

If you're going to bring something like this up please explain it because this says nothing to me

Dude got kicked out of the ffxiv guild that pat was in 4 years ago for being an immense shitlord by pretty much trying to make sure only his vote mattered in guild related things and being racist against chinese people, follow the shitstorm here: https://twitter.com/GarbageSimulat2/with_replies

It gets extra good when other high ranking guild people that were around back then come to dunk on him too :v:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 5, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I'm just waiting for the day that plague accepts he's a furry.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

I dunno if waiting until the heat death of the universe is a good idea.

It's nice to have goals.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

On a parallel topic, I watched the podcast in stream form for the first time today and I was really not pleased with how the chat moderation team handled the situation when the talk about the Catherine ending started. There were some truly vile openly bigoted things being said and nobody got any kind of hit for it. Forget standard 4chan bullshit about SJWs and AGENDAS and all that other trash, when someone can post "It's good to undo the transition in the True Ending because transitioning is evil and ruins lives," or "Trans and Homosexuality are mental diseases," and not suffer any consequences, there's something wrong with your moderation team's work.

That's a problem with twitch in general, whenever Scarlett(One of the best sc2 players in the world, who happens to be trans) is on stream it's practically non stop.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Honestly it's probably coming more from reddit nowadays

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It's also a stereotype that was common around that era(Hell one piece had several too if I remember right), but luckily it seems like the industry is slowly getting better about it looking at how a trans character was handled in Zombie Land Saga(Even if it created a huge shitstorm by assholes hating it)
Also speaking of ZLS, I suggest this tweetchain explaining gender and trans views in japan, it explains a lot with how it was handled in Catherine too: https://twitter.com/tropicalesque/status/1066133526146367488
A key thing being ZLS didn't deadname her in the credits while Catherine did. It also shows how important transliterating is compared to translating, especially when handling topics that the originating country doesn't even have words for.

This just seems like a problem that will get better once old people leave the industry more and more.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 23, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

there's even a mod that makes it slightly less janky.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

The actual numbers of people waking up during surgery is insanely small (in the US). Like so small you’ll never have to worry about it in several lifetimes. What people often mistake for waking up during surgery is being woken up prior to extubation. Which is a safe and common practice. Please don’t spread this bullshit about people waking up during surgery because it’s bad for society.

This is even LESS possible during cardiac surgery. The idea that someone grunting or moving at all during cardiac surgery is preposterous because the amount of paralytic we give to people during surgery is enough to paralyze a horse for seven hours.

Also the thing about the defibrillator is also nonsense. He mentioned that the “little thing on the finger fell off” and they thought he was still flatlined. That’s stupid. A) that thing is a pulse oximeter that is NOT what is used to determine heart rhythm, B) if he was “flatlined” he wouldn’t be shocked because Asystole is not a shockable rhythm. You are supposed to continue CPR and give Epinephrine if someone is flatlined.

Are you really surprised pat is wrong about most things he says? :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Use deep learning to put minh in place of matt in every good lp.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Dabir posted:

I said it in reply to that tweet and I'll say it again here: That's how I play Hitman when I'm using the gun a lot and it works just fine thank you.

See it'd work fine in that kinda stuff, but in high speed multiplayer fps?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dURZdMc9fls

This loving thumbnail.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Nico didn't really click with me prerelease but god drat she's growing on me fast now.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

HoboTech posted:

Refusing to admit a game could get better over time, even though he plays loving WARFRAME and FFXIV was some willful ignorance poo poo.

I don't play ffxiv myself but every time I've had a basic interest in it the advice from people I know who play it is "just rush through ARR and the first expansion because they're poo poo", so not sure I'd count that one yet :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Aw, was hoping he was gonna netflix it again.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Only one of liams I've seen was the god of war one and it was like, multiple minutes of silence at times.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Andrast posted:

I love FROM style storytelling a lot

FROM style storytelling is meh that never really changes between games, FROM style worldbuilding is AMAZING.

Also my hot take about the difficulty as someone who's just watching pat be bad at sekiro because I don't really care about it gameplay wise due to no multiplayer(Purple dickwraiths forever): If you want a souls game to be easier just go offline mode and use cheat engine to change it in whatever ways you need, people have made a literal loving jojo stands mod with cheatengine.
But, honestly the gameplay being hard is the actual selling point of soulsborne games, so I don't really see the point of not just watching an lp if you're only interested in the story for whatever reason.
It'd be like putting a fighting game to its easiest mode, it's just not gonna be enjoyable because the only way they can really make it easier(especially in sekiro where the health is already insanely low per enemy) would be to lobotomize the enemy ai.
At least for me I'd rather just watch someone else play it at that point instead of fighting something that may as well just be a sandbag with legs.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 29, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Andrast posted:

Same thing imo

Eh not really, storytelling is more the active parts, the chosen undead, seek seek lest, muh hunt, umu the dragonblood save me from crazy uncle, etc.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Andrast posted:

I don't see the point in disconnecting those from each other

They're connected sure, I just find the active part to be way less interesting than the passive worldbuilding through items/looking at the world, since it's basically the same story every single game with the only thing differing is how it ties in with the worldbuilding. Do note I didn't call it bad, just... meh. Though I do love how they always bring back things like Patches and the Moonlight Greatsword in some sort of way

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Dias posted:

Sure, but light downscaling or small concessions aren't really affecting core design most of the time, or at least they affect it in ways that can be accounted for. Again, DMC5 has four actual difficulties and I find it hard to claim that Human and DMD aren't, in their essence, the same game/experience for their target audience.

While I don't really like the idea of a hard game being made easier when the entire point of it is to be hard, sekiro not having multiplayer(and thus no thing where people can just put it on easy mode to farm items to gently caress with people in multiplayer), there's literally no reason why they couldn't have done a dmc style difficulty, hell they could even do the thing 5 does where if you beat mr crazy uncle in the first encounter(the one you're supposed to lose), just up the difficulty automatically.

Like I don't think I'm too wrong when I say the reason most people play soulsborne games is for the great challenge and the rush when you finally beat that challenge, and also setting limitations on yourself(For example both my 2 and 3 first runs were fist only because I love that hopeless rear end feeling), but when there's literally no way that a game being easier will affect someone else, why even bother giving a poo poo about how they play the game?

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 30, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Dias posted:

remixed experience while keeping the series' rhythm intact.

Hell you could make a case that scholar of the first sin is a hardmode version of 2 just because of the changes to enemy placements. And honestly if they lock invasion and coop to only allow others from the same difficulty(With an optional choice of getting invaded by people from easier difficulties maybe?), or just make it offline/coop only for that save, that would pretty much remove every single problem I'd have with adding difficulty settings to soulsborne games.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 30, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wow Pat's a dumbass, who knew

I still love people being surprised by this, like we haven't known this for like, a decade :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

There was certainly a bunch of guff about the Spyro remakes having no subtitles, and there's frequently complaints about bad subtitles. FOV sliders are frequently complained about. I also frequently see awareness regarding colourblind settings.

Game Maker's Toolkit's Designing for Disability pretty much covered all the facets. Jimquisition has be bringing up FOV and colorblind among a few other accessibility issues for years.

It's criminal to not have subtitles in this day and age imo, and the colourblind options is another one that's real bad, especially due to the half assed "options" that most games add that only fix it for a small subset of colourblind people, rather than just letting them set the ui markers colour themselves.

Also don't think I've forgotten that a lot of people(Most likely a bunch of the people active in this thread even) actively downplayed people wanting higher fov to be manbabies, when the disability(Simulator Sickness) has been known since like the loving 50's.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I think the problem is people talking past each other, since accessibility and making a game easier does not have to be the same thing. To be honest it is pretty insulting when people think that just adding more health to the player character, or less health to the enemy is accessibility. The best and easiest ways to improve accessibility in your game is to improve keybinding so unorthodox controllers such as custom made ones or the one microsoft made can be for better input options, or having visual cues too instead of just audio cues(For example, several things in Warframe is real bad about this, such as hunting for caches(They make a humming noise that you can use to track where it's hidden) or mining(the mining tool beeps faster the closer you get to the mining node, which is basically impossible to find without this beeping most of the time), yet no one gives a poo poo about it and tells deaf players to stop whining about these things)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Those are just the ones that're off the top of my head and I'm sure I'm forgetting something huge despite that.

The most obvious one in this case, since sekiro is missing it compared to their other games, coop.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

let the man play on hard mode

He gets confused by basic directions, his life is hardmode.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Tae posted:

This DMC spoiler segment is painful. Pat's been legit arguing that Vergil didn't kill or do anything wrong for the past 10 minutes.

You sound surprised.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I can't believe pat is right about something lore related for once.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

The problem with finding hair isn't so much the hair itself, but the fact that if they can't even be assed to wear hairnets, what other food safety poo poo are they ignoring.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Andrast posted:

Wearing a hairnet isn't like a 100% protection against hair

I work in a loving cleanroom and we still get all sorts of particles and fibers (including hair) every day.

Oh I know, just saying that's probably the most common thing I've heard people say is the problem with it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Takeover? All the impressions I've seen have been positive so far

I seem to remember something about the dev that's working on it having a history of loving off randomly mid development when they get bored of the game, but I can't remember what kickstarter game it was they worked on before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

There was also the whole thing that you couldn't complete dishonored 1 without using any abilities, which annoyed quite a few thief fans. Other than that I think I spent most of the game just sneaking around people rather than knocking em out.