Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Get up on the Hyrda's back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
2018 was strangely a year were I stuck with and finished more games than probably any other year, and I put it down mainly to buying the two collections on PS4 at the start of the year. I have to finish Aqua's intro before the end of the month but I purposely left it this late so if I get super hyped or something I have something to play.

I played Kingdom Hearts on ps2 the year it came out, I was 14 or 15 I think, now I'm 31 and getting hyped over a game were Donald Duck and Goofy help a small anime battle hearts with Woody and Buzz

:sora:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Also the thing about Gaston in the mobile game is he loving DIES

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I do my best to like Aqua because the only alternative is to hope they do something with Kairi and it never happens. Even when she's the secret end of game stinger reveal they do nothing with her.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Atoramos posted:

I would love to see a simplification and mainstreaming of the storyline in KHIII because I'd bet there's a bunch of players coming in with no idea what they're in for, and it could easily alienate a pretty large portion of the audience.

Ah who am I kidding, it'll be the most confusing entry to the series and still sell like hotcakes because Disney.

I'm actively hoping for it to alienate the uninitiated. I want this story wrapped no matter the cost!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I do like that Ansem and Roxas are both game's way of telling you to pay attention and stop mashing buttons. I do hope there are more duels in KH III, (as long as they are fun)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Richard Epcar is a pretty good replacement for Billy Zane, though. Maybe I just like hearing Batou in things

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wait Xehanort shares his name with the bad guy from the Care Bears?!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Kingdom Farts

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
You know, I wasn't really hyped about this game, despite really looking forward to it, its always felt really far off despite being out next week, and spending all last year replaying everything, and then I caught a few minutes of the Giant Bomb stream of it and now I'm getting those little adrenaline pangs of pure hype. Kingdom fuckin Hearts III is out on fuckin tuesday! :sora:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mode 7 posted:

The tiny shred of good will that Dream Drop Distance got out of me for Symphony of Sorcery has immediately evaporated as I've come face to face with Anti Black Cloak Nightmare. What loving moron designed this boss? This blows.

(I'll go get some sleep and finish the drat game tomorrow)

The only real advice I can offer is to try to stay in the air as long as you can. I also had to go and grind up like 10 levels to beat him

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Genuinely gutted Gamestop ran every random small games shop out of business here. Again. re-gutted.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Who the gently caress is this Xion person?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Argue posted:

No, I don't think life is quite that simple.

Do you think one day he'll understand what she meant?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh man. Tomorrow I'm off work so I'm going to spend a few hours playing 2.8 and preloading Kingdom bloody Hearts III

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Who the hell is this boss? I never ran into him

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I never would have guessed the reason Mickey had no shirt was "it exploded" but now I'm finished BBS .8 and I'm ready for tomorrow.

Here's another mostly accurate recap of the entire 7 game saga of Kingdom Heartses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiHufVEc7g

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Pug Rodeo posted:

Well he has the norted eye color, but so does Ansem the Wise and as far as I know he isn’t. He did however get exposed to the darkness so it might just be a physical side effect of having contact with the darkness. Since Vanitas is pretty dang dark it’s probably the reason for his eye color. He doesn’t seem like he would need to be norted since he already wants to wreck poo poo.

My theory is that’s why Aqua has the eye color in the KH3 trailer and isn’t actually norted.

It's worth pointing out in the trailers that chess playing baba-Nort doesn't have golden eyes either. So you might be on to something.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Under customize on the pause menu you can add spells\items to a quick menu you bring up by holding L1. I don't even bother to try hit up and down on the dpad.

I have no idea when it autosaves though.

I got to play all of the first level today, and then made myself late for work, because how long could it be after the first boss before I could save huh? I'm lucky I'm the only one in this morning!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
edit: ^^^ ah

It's weird because they got the guy who always does DeVito stand ins for Phil before, just not this time. Which is a shame because I'm a sucker for him not counting right, or thinking we are Herc.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Bardeh posted:

I don't know if this counts as a drive-by shitpost, but whatever. I watched an hour or so of streams of this today, and I'm really struggling to see why on earth it's so popular and anticipated. The dialogue is overlong, cheesy, and often just cringe-inducing. The voice acting is pretty fuckin awful. The performance looks inconsistent. Combat looks fun enough, I guess, but nothing particularly special or groundbreaking, and there was more than one fight where the camera was godawful. What am I missing?

Did you play KH I as a 14ish year old?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Thinking about it, Kingdom Hearts II.9 is the cheekiest poo poo

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Man I am an anime boy hanging out with Buzz and Woody and Rex and Ham and I LOVE IT

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I want to know why Axel thinks it's ok to wander around with unwrapped ice cream in his pockets

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wall Street Ninja

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Thumbtacks posted:

Buzz is written so comically off character, either there’s a twist or they just wrote this terribly.

He's worried about Andy!!!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Do you actually get upgraded versions of spells to use on demand later on or can you only get upgraded spells from reaction commands by using the lower level ones repeatedly

You unlock -a upgrades later yeah. Not sure about -aga spells yet other than reaction commands

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Argue posted:

I just finished the Toy Story world and man I really appreciate how the movie characters are finally participating in the story as much as I can reasonably expect them to, short of them actually travelling with you. It really helped that Toy Box had an original story instead of rehashing the film, and call me sappy but I loved that whole bit at the end where they tie in the writing on Woody/Buzz's shoes to Sora's platitudes and then Woody undarknesses Buzz by just stepping forward with the power of friendship.

It's the end of this arc. Like we just finished the Cell Saga and now we're just going to enter the Frieza Saga with someone even more darknessed than Xehanort.

Kingdom Hearts IV is going to start with Sora trying to fit in with his school mates while fighting crime

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh my god I don't loving care about Ahnna and Elsa

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Shouts out to this game for continuing to confirm that Jack Sparrow is an rear end in a top hat

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
myexperinceinthecarribean.jpg

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Your ship will also be strong as gently caress if you pick up a heap of crabs. I got loads because I wanted to grab all the emblems before I left the world, hopefully for good.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nina posted:

I'm gonna cry the "Photograph your teammates" progress is active and after clearing up space on the gummiphone I'm back to something like 4/12 with no idea which ones I'm actually missing

Is this for an achievement? I'm trying not to look at a list until I'm done with the game. Though I'm pretty sure playing the fake Tiger games nets you one and I'm not sure I want to subject myself to it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hey don't knock bees, we've learned from this game that bees are in fact incredibly powerful.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Funky Valentine posted:

Did we ever get an answer as to why the hell Squall keeps insisting people call him "Leon"?

He was upset over not being able to help when Radiant Garden was destroyed. It was a bit dramatic.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Inngwwwweediiieeeenttsss

Jesus Donald it's ok!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I genuinely cant tell if there are new scenes in the theatre mode

Shoehead