Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You just need to know 5 Taylor Swift albums and then add the Taylor's Version ones. Easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus Twitter had its nazi problem because of Dorsey.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Julie Kavner can wrap that raspy sound around real delivery, though. She sounds like a real person, and even somewhat pleasant.

At least, she used to. Don't look up recent Marge clips; it hurts in more ways than one.

That’s probably because Marge is her own voice exaggerated somewhat, everyone else is doing an impression.

And that’s also the reason it’s off now that she’s older. Billy West is having a similar issue with Fry in the new Futurama episodes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only good brand arena name was the HP Pavilion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

I get it, but it's literally people who are directly responsible for Beyonce knowing who you are, not just work friends.

If they cared that much about me, they would understand.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Another major part of it is that some idiots took an early report about some number of the 4000 Israeli nationals who worked around the WTC being missing in the wake of the attacks as all 4000 missing in advance of the attacks as if they had advanced knowledge and didn't show up to work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

Did Trump's lie about Muslim's dancing in the street after 9/11 somehow mutate into Israeli's dancing in the street after 9/11?

I'm sure they've blended together some, but it actually mostly predates that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Only if the actor has a wikipedia page imo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kazr posted:

I remember reading about the dancing Israelis 10(?) or so years ago and it's some really weird stuff about a dance troupe or something like that of Israeli nationals doing some wonky poo poo around the time 9/11 happened

A quick Google search only shows up incomplete articles from the early 2000s, pro Israel articles, or obviously racist conspiracy theory hits and I don't give a poo poo enough to give it more thought than this

There were plenty of people celebrating 9/11. We're the bad guys after all.

The 'google dancing israelis' thing is specifically an anti-Semitic thing about Israel being involved though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

what was their posting gimmick again

An arms race with the other Guy poster to make the absolutely worst loving posts you ever read.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Sep 12, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think we should just ban British panel shows.

We'd lose some good stuff but I think it's a net positive to the world overall.

Air Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I think he went influencer because Get Him to the Greek bombed, he was basically banned from anything BBC and Channel 4 stopped booking him for panel shows.

He's been working steadily. The leading man experiment just ended after Arthur bombed.

I didn't even recognize him in Death on the Nile.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's currently on tour and it's like the most successful tour of all time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taeke posted:

Still, I stand by my point that every single (promotional) picture I've seen of her she has this empty, vacant look about her. Her being a 'perfect product' for both teenage girls and adult (white) women to imprint on doesn't mean she has talent though so again, no judgment, just curious.

She was watching the football and yelled "let's loving go!" when her boyfriend scored.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

Wait, explain this horse thingy.
So they walk on their toenails, basically, but sometimes they need to nail a metal thing over the toenail to stop it from being worn down? But sometimes things can go the other way and the hoof is too tough and needs to be trimmed back. And neither operation seems to upset the animal at all?
How do horses survive in the wild if their feet are either overgrown or wearing away??

Wild horses have had plenty of time to evolve and be naturally selected for the right balance of hoof wear.

Domesticated horses have been selectively bred and look at any dog to see how we usually gently caress that up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tiggum posted:

As I understand it, they need the shoes because we want them to walk on hard surfaces like roads and footpaths, but the shoes prevent their hooves from wearing down as they normally would so they also need to be trimmed. And they're not upset by all this because horses are trained to put up with all kinds of bullshit, like being sat on and made to jump over obstacles instead of just walking around them.

Yeah the shoes are to prevent their hooves from overly wearing, but of course will also prevent a whole lot of just normal wear.

Overgrowth is from neglect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beyonce is actually also touring right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ommin posted:

I read something recently that Beyonce's tour is actually outselling Swift's, but because she started it overseas it's not getting the same attention. I don't want to verify any of that right now, but it feels correct.

Possibly. Beyonce tickets are way, way more expensive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

Just like Adobe switching to a subscription model and the entire world following suit I assume that will happen with this pricing system, until no one knows what anything costs anymore.

Adobe did that because of all the piracy.

So I think what he's saying is we should all pirate Wendy's.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't worry. GamemasterAnthony continues to be a big nerd and reappears every couple of birthdays.

New York Magazine even got him to review Ready Player One a few years ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I want to put something up for thread discussion; I'm not laying down the law, I'm asking.

Twitter embeds no longer work if you don't have an account. All you see is the URL. Would people be willing to put up screencaps alongside direct links? This also helps preserve tweets that are deleted after lots of feedback.

If the forums let me paste images directly into posts, like any website from 2018.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1763502114557559080?t=FJBvBc9_t9UrdGyHkaR3-w&s=19

That just seems like a really short sighted scam because I doubt Steam plays around with poo poo like this.

Yeah, you won't get the payout before Steam notices, bans you and refunds anyone who bought it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Is this some UK joke I’m too American to understand?

It's a joke about the Wonka thing from last week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They only got 3 minutes each.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flournival Dixon posted:

There's a tweet where some people are standing on a balcony and they're filming themselves watch a concert and they accidentally drop the phone and it turns out it's attached to a drone and they do a big flyby over the concert. I saw it like a few months ago but since then I've replaced my computer and it is not in my browser history, does anyone have a link to it?

It's described in this reddit thread a bit but the post has since been deleted, big surprise:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PraiseTheCameraMan/comments/190gkqb/some_awesome_drone_flying_over_a_concert_does/

Probably this one?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1uai5fOM0c/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah I saw that edit too, but no clue where.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay drat I'm way behind on the MCU.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Unknown is a better Dr. Doom costume than any of the Fantastic Four movie attempts so far.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The actor may be 16, but the Unknown character is a fully grown adult a-

Hey wait, where are you going? Come back, I have 3 more paragraphs!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Juicero was American.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's from Pollock.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

Does the Pentagon have taste-testers? Like some intern who takes random bites to see if it's poisoned?

"I'm sorry Madame Secretary but this pizza isn't safe. Jereld just had a slice and got the runs pretty bad."
"No, that's just because it's Domino's."

It's fine, Papa John's is the foreign agent pizza.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The swordfight in Princess Bride isn't a fight scene, it's a sex scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waste of Breath posted:

I hope he's subtweeting Dan Ryckert there but idk what the anime is about

The big bad guy emperor in Avatar loses his powers during an eclipse, and the hero team there's plan in to attack him during it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hallo spacedog posted:

Is there something more to this than face value? I had thought Hi-Fi Rush was pretty successful?

It won lots of awards but didn't sell especially well, and that's all that matters to Microsoft.