Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
what if its "if we go now we have a small chance of winning but if we wait we definitely lose" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

this is what the world lost when bernie sanders made liz warren lose

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

McCain held a hearing, where he excoriated the Navy. “The story of this ship is one that makes me ashamed and embarrassed as a former Navy person and as a person who’s responsible to the taxpayers of my state,” he said. (McCain died in 2018.)

The US will lose WW3(McCain died in 2018.)

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
"Britain might invade!"

"Then I shall have them arrested"

Is once again true

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
"If we ignore these past 15 years, none of us have really aged very much"

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Do not under any circumstances help Frosted Flake get his point across to his superiors, it would be detrimental to communism everywhere.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

The post is explicitly about reality not matching paper and you say nuh-uh and link the paper

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

and then what?

What do you want anyone to do about it?

Nothing, the reactions and the meltdowns would be funny.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

galagazombie posted:

It was okay to murder an American citizen without trial because it was in “combat” against a warring power.
What’s that? We haven’t declared war on Yemen? We haven’t declared war on anyone in 70 years? It was a drone strike and no one was actually engaging in hostilities? He was just sitting around and not actually engaged in hostile action? There wasn’t a battle or anything?

Of course now that they’ve “admitted” it was “collateral damage” while assassinating someone else that immediately makes it beyond reproach.

To be fair, the US has actually declared war on someone in the last 70 years. The Hague invasion act is technically a declaration of war.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

yellowcar posted:

gonna start some western anti-dprk style rumours that the sec of def fell out of biden's favour and he was executed by getting mauled by Major

War Brewing in the Regency Council

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
also obama said a lot of things that never materialized, like "hope" and "change"

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
didnt this very thread have a former nuclear sub service person in here explaining the subs are not in fact alright?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
imputed tanks

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
With more Belt and Road initiatives looming, Xi seeks to reestablish tributary system.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Fish of hemp posted:

OK, but you didn't tell me how Europe would fare better.

Of course I'll support any one who will make life better.

It's not that we'd fare better under a stronger Russia, it's that we'd fare better under a weaker US. The US only exports bad economic ideas that enrich the rich at the expense of others. Not that Russia would necessarily be any better but a weaker US means Europe would have to look elsewhere for economic ideas. The Chinese (and to an extent the Russian) mixed economy would inspire more wholesome economic planning. The US remaining the dominant interest demands that European elites looks no where else for ideas on how to develop our economies.

Of course the European elites will never outright state they're taking inspiration from the Chinese mixed economy but as the US weakens that's where they'll start finally looking at.

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 13:56 on Jan 11, 2024

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

The schools or whatever you want to call them are mostly shut down at this point, right? Like the whole thing is pretty much over.

It'll be weird since it will never be "disproven" in the West. So the average American will spend the rest of time assuming that China killed hundreds of thousands of Uyghers and that we just can't somehow find any proof of it because the See See Pee is so good at hiding evidence.

There's a very funny AP article from a couple of years ago that basically describes normal life in Xinjiang, but with a sinister overtone because of course it MUST be sinister.

there was a similar thing from the swedish public service broadcaster. they sent a reporter to xinjiang and they spoke to people being like "nah i got a job now things are looking up" and reported on a prison, and a factory and all very normal things and at the end they were like "but this chinese security police have been following us around documenting what we do so clearly they're very nervous about what we see, it's very insidious and clearly something is going on, because why on earth would they ever want to have documentation on what we, western journalists, did or saw."

like the reporter literally says they saw no evidence of a genocide but the very presence of a chinese official meant they were hiding *something*

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Syriza looking at that going "drat, blowback!"

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
The Copium Wars

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

lol

"Even Chinese assessments put the PLA 30 to 40 years behind Western militaries"

"Interestingly, the United States issued a waiver from the Tiananmen sanctions to continue the J-8 upgrades. However, $200 million in U.S. defense contractor cost overruns achieved what international condemnation of the PLA could not. Beijing unilaterally canceled the so-called Peace Pearl contract in 1990.6 The PLA would need to look elsewhere for 21st-century military technology."

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Copeishly: Yeah well it's easy to catch up when your opponent has decided to stop moving on a slippery slope for a few decades.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

skooma512 posted:

I've noticed all the pictures coming from the Red Sea are of F/A-18s launching, no F-35s. Are they just not using them or are they using them and not depicting them in the media?

they're afraid a rogue F-35 will defect to Yemen

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

Wi-fi enabled bullets.

(The bullets need a connection to check back to the company servers that there's a valid subscription to the service when they're fired. If they can't find one, or there's no wireless signal, the propellant cuts out, and the bullet plops to the ground.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tOsucpdD7Y

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

For the SU-75 in general, it's basically a design and mockup (hasn't flown or matured yet), so the idea is try to sell it to whoever will buy it, but no country has signed up to buy it sight unseen. Rostec hoping to be able to sell it in South America, Africa, Iran, etc, but Iran also just signed up to buy about 3 squadrons of SU-35s, which are a proven design. The SU-75 was supposed to fly for the first time in 2023, but that has been delayed to some unknown date in the future.

India is in a weird place where they don't want to purchase from China (obvious competitor reasons), are not satisfied with quality and pace of production of Russian equipment, but do not want to end up dependent on Western nations (especially not the US if they can help it, more amenable to France), and also India wants to develop its own domestic build capability for both national defense / economy reasons as well as avoiding political entanglements with any of the above. So for now India buying a couple squadrons of French Rafales while building out plans to build about 100 of its own domestic design, the HAL Tejas Mk2. It has foreign components like GE engines and was designed and built with assistance from outside India, but the majority of the components are made in India. India kind of goes through this dance with most new combat aircraft procurements, but they are working toward having greater and greater domestic independence to build their own aircraft.

drat, if only there was some sort of 4th option, not Russia, not China, not NATO, who were and have been building airplanes for a really long time and used to come with a "not Washington nor Moscow" kind of statement.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Hubbert posted:

and for everyone taking notes at home, the past two pages are why the us will lose ww3

cspam does Deadlist Warrior

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
which caliber is most suited to deliver vx gas? (remembering a picture i once saw from one of the stalls at a weapons expo)

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Hatebag posted:

i don't know how many nukes it would take to blow a hole through a foot of reinforced concrete but i found this amazing drawing from a 1990 paper from the army about dividing walls

Explosives is the wrong path to take for breaking into bunkers, they're surely built to withstand at least some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FRx7Uto-jc

Can you imagine the fear in their soul after 3 days of drilling noises from outside finally seizes only to see hundreds of cracks beginning to form the day after?

e; well, not soul, but the thing occupying the place where you'd normally find one

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 14:32 on Mar 21, 2024

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
ww6 ends when they put down some sticks in the middle of the cave and decide to stick to their own side, they then stare angrily at each other for a few days

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
how sure are we that he wasnt murdered? i mean the way they got wallace replaced with truman it kind of looks like the fix was in

a couple more years alive and bretton woods goes a whole other way

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

fizziester posted:

"We are not ready for an enduring war, do you accept that?" Francois asked, to which Magowan responded, "Yes, absolutely."

"We could not fight an enduring war against Russia, drop all these euphemisms about peer adversaries," Francois continued.

lmao, "we are not a peer adversary of russia"

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

I would rather have infrastructure and health care and education. the fantasy weapons won't get made either way

you're not getting infrastructure, healthcare or proper education either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

FuzzySlippers posted:

I needed a non sicko source on dprk history so I just started listening to this. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNf3wM0feb8