Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm still mad they never got around to adding consistent skins to all the relevant parts. For example, monster legs and arms have no matching fire and ice 2, and the feet of monster legs have no fire and ice at all. Monster faces don't let you put on extra horns (or pretty much anything). Champions Online was more flexible than this.

What's the population difference between Indomitable and the goon server? I've only just begun so I don't mind switching servers, but Indom has a lot of people plus goons, so it's a hard sell if the goon server only has a few on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Not quite my favorite build or character, but probably my most creative yet:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
So if force field is good for MMs, would it also be good for a beam rifle corrupter? Or are there better secondaries?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Can't wait for Tsurupettan to fill out that money making section because I'm gonna need some!!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
For those who do not read the barkley 2 thread, I present to you,

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Nessus posted:

I remember I was playing live when they introduced ED so it wasn't just "5 dam/1 acc for everything forever" and oh man I dimly remember a deep, juicy vein of salt. Such as we may not see again until someone else makes a change in a video game!

The funny part was, back then, I had already 3 slot acc/dam because there wasn't a wiki I could look up. Just figured well I really really hate missing and this is working out even against those circle of thorns bosses with super reflexes. The change had only a minor effect on me and I merrily continued amongst the incessant whining.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I would like to see a list of the most popular builds and a breakdown why they are.

Count me is as one of those blaster haters because they used to be squishy. I still made one but he's group only, just in case.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

I ride bikes all day posted:

If you’re new enough that you don’t know where you’re going to get INF for IOs, please don’t follow advice to start crafting them. Just buy them straight off the AH for like half the cost of making them yourself. If you’re going to have a dozen alts someday all with IOs, sure, make a crafter. Just, you know, do it after you have an actual source of income.

I disagree, the AH tends be profitable for the most common level 25 IOs. It's worth taking the time to compare.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Harrow posted:

I want to make a beam rifle character. What's the most fun combination I can do with that? I'm open to any archetype that can use beam rifles.

I have a beam rifle/force field corrupter alt. While you don't get much out of ff for yourself, you don't need to buff others often and do in fact spend lots of time trying to get your disintegrate to work. In retrospect I wouldn't have minded trying a different secondary even if it meant being more active with it, because I would have liked more secondary abilities I can use while solo.

In my experience, getting disintegrate to spread is kinda tough, it won't work out half the time and a lot of the time your team is killing stuff fast enough that it won't matter. Your single target damage is still good so you're not entirely worthless.

Keep in mind this alt just hit 22, I have no idea how any of this will change at max level.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
You never found one again because they were recalled, too many idiots were injuring themselves.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I would just like this thread to know that I hate the Calvin Scott fight a lot. I'll help goons with it but I got tricked twice by pubbies who had no idea, the latter team leaving me with a chunk of xp debt as thanks.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

winterwerefox posted:

-Whirlwind. Get your dude spinning real fast and putting a repel on your enemies costing more end the more you hit. yay?

Place a knockback to knockdown in this and it becomes a small group crowd control power, perfect for scrappers who end up on a team without any control. Still a bit end heavy but it's not worthless.

Also tuns you into a real hero. When a mob becomes stuck in a cave wall and they're needed to complete the mission, you can use whirlwind to pull them back into the map, instead of having to reset the mission.

Cythereal posted:

Stalkers/Scrappers: The sets that caught my attention are martial arts, staff fighting, and dark melee. These any good?

Martial Arts is rather boring, being almost completely a single target set. I picked it for my first toon because that's what I did back in the day, but if I had known about how effective street justice was I probably would've grabbed that instead.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

I AM THE MOON posted:

you totally CAN solo but even batman is part of the justice league or hangs out with superman or whatever sometimes.

batman got kicked out of the justice league for not doing enough dps

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

I AM THE MOON posted:

i made an aging ska musician

when the other 7 people in the group are all Very Serious Dark Gods (Original Concept, WIP, Do NOT steal) its a lot of fun

you made this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmbFACeLcZo

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

hup posted:

My chief concern? Give me more new costume pieces

Being able to make new costume pieces would be amazing and I could see why they would want to negotiate with NCSoft first, if that's the case.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Has the population gone down? I see like half as many goons on these days and I can't seem to get a group past prime time anymore.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Those super reflexes changes are questionable.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Funny, I have a scottish themed tank as well. Highlander Guardian, staff/inv, somewhat based on my dark age of camelot character.

Oh and also Roddy MacStew, but that's just an alternate costume for Freak A. Zoid.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

site posted:

Keeping it free, with no p2w poo poo

:same:

Also more costume pieces, a graphics pass on all old costume pieces, and a balance pass on all pool powers so that most of them don't suck.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

i would like my character to have a big big pregnant tummy and for other characters to be able to get into the tummy

the erotic roleplay community has been ignored for too long. it's time for them to get theirs!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm not really a controller person but I do like my nature/nature controller. Has a good mix of holds, heals, buffs and debuffs. Wouldn't want to solo with her though.

Oddly enough my rad/rad defender can also hold and it's hilarious.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
welp there goes 90% of my characters

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
i'm actually very upset, this loving sucks rear end

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm going to miss ThiccThor. Not even my character, I just grouped with him a few days ago. All he wanted to do was sneak around, but he's dummy thicc and the clap of his asscheeks kept altering the nazi guards and getting our team wiped.

John Murdoch posted:

The original version of the policy was an overly stringent, blanket ban on that stuff to the point where the architect had all sorts of dumb stuff you weren't allowed to put in your arcs if it was too Marvel. But that filter is gone and I doubt Homecoming is going to reinstate it.

My hope is that since Homecoming is a comparatively smaller operation, with fellow players behind the scenes and such, that they'll be a lot more evenhanded about enforcing it. They know there's a difference between knock-off characters and stuff that simply shares the same language.

People always get really nervous when stuff like this comes around but 99% of the characters getting generic'd are guaranteed to be the endless xXtEhWolferine420Xx types.

Don't fool yourself. These people are paranoid as hell and now they want a paycheck. This is a recipe for a bunch of dumb bullshit nobody wants.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Different superspeed animations would be great, in fact I'd like it if they built in the power slide sprint to superspeed so I don't have to press an extra button to super power slide.

Here's what I want for an alternate animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyIVEW2NOVI

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I don't understand the desire for IOs at 27, 22s work just fine. Don't put so much stress on yourself for a measly 2%.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

This seems nice but there's only one or two alts I can think of that could use the extra detail. Even then, I still can't dye The Loeb's large brain a proper shade of pink.

Although now that I think about it, I did abandon a couple character concepts because I couldn't find the right skin tone.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
In addition, now is a good time to get a crafter their 25/30 memorizations if you haven't already. Most common IO recipes have crashed pretty hard over the past week.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Brave New World posted:

I think I'm the only person that reads this thread that isn't triggered by the word Toon.

I never understood the hate for toon. I even use it to refer to my characters in other mmos.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Toon make sense because it's a single syllable word that rolls off the tongue nicely.

You'd think some people would've learned to accept it after 20 years.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Glazius posted:

I don't actually remember what was up with the revamped Atlas Park, but it looks like it's retextured for the season on Homecoming.

(not pictured but also in the parks: a landscaper truck with a bunch of pine trees and a winter currency NPC hangin' out)

There's a version of atlas park that has the old textures and layout, if you feel that part of the nostalgia is missing. I think the portal is behind the building in ouroboros.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm surprised we haven't seen more of these kind of special bios on any of the homecoming servers.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
here's an indom bio for ya!

it's one of mine

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
When it's 1am and you're having trouble thinking of a good bio for your new alt

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
The first one is definitely Bowie but the second one is more Annie Lennox from the Eurythmics.

One of my alts is Jareth the Goblin King, but I didn't like how the costume turned out. You might have a better shot using the female model since they get some stuff I wish the male models had. The lack of 80's teased hair designs is a real downer for my creativity.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

atomicgeek posted:

Do tell though seriously!

uhh well here's a pic

John Murdoch posted:

As I understand it, the SG base map server is a fickle beast. All sorts of stuff can go wrong for dumb reasons.

speak of, saw this weird moon in my base a couple days ago

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
pvp seems like a natural thing to implement once you have player villains, but pvp in general has been around before wow. They just did it better than anyone at the time.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
You ever have people contact you, saying they remember you from the live servers, but you have no idea who they are?

I seem to get that often while on my main and it's getting embarrassing.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
yo this dude means business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I've been on a couple mothership raids lately where the leader gets upset about lowbies leeching xp for some reason so be aware there's a few assholes out there.