Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's because jake had sex with a woman with down syndrome fyi

Nick is mad at Jake for living the dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The reactions to Kanye's new album just drive home that point that Chapo said a few times about conservatives being so mad that they hold no cultural power. They're acting like this thing is the new Thriller.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

exmarx posted:

the last jedi is the best star wars movie. just my opinion.

It's definitely the best one made this century.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Amber’s day job probably involves a lot of getting talked down to by wokelords who immediately abandon their leftism the minute they start collecting a paycheck so I’m not to mad at her for maybe romanticizing the rural working class a tad too much.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Apraxin posted:

lol, turns out the guy had an entirely different take to the one we thought he was making
https://mobile.twitter.com/freedaaron/status/1209546898459238400

libs literally have one angle of attack.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I think I found the most cumtown YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqyQMX4rwHs

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

hell yes love that David Dees energy.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The armed protest in Richmond is an expression of impotence and not of power. The vast majority of those guys came in from out of state and have zero sway in Virginia politics.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

How are snakes feminine when they are clearly a phallic symbol?

something something garden of eden

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

If Bernie loses due to repeated obvious fuckery even on the level of what we saw in Iowa it's going to break the party for a generation.

If Bernie loses that's basically the best case scenario, the dems going the way of the Whigs.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Percelus posted:

the best case scenario isn't the dems "dying out" as much as bernie and the left taking over the party and removing every last lanyard scumbag until all that remains is the name

that won't happen unless Bernie wins. If he loses it means the centrists would choose irrelevance over submission to the left.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I actually don’t think they have that choice. They have hosed up too much to just be the pliant useless opposition and relied too much on a populist left to give them some chance at power. I think the break up of the democrats might just kill them off entirely.

they’re the pliant useless opposition right now. breaking the party would mean they fulfill their current role but hold even less power, and I think the people in control of the party would be fine with that, since the current party exists more as a way to enrich consultants and hangers on than as a party with an agenda and strategy.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJCdmW33fM

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Shipon posted:

i keep hearing people talk about the slurs the chapo boys use and it's like, i can't think of anything they've said other than maybe "retard" in their early episodes. it's all hearsay from people who don't listen but say they've heard things

the real n-word is neoliberal

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

surprised matt didn't go deep on bill as governor. pretty good evidence to suggest he was rewarded with the presidency for his part in giving the CIA mena airport to run guns and drugs out of during iran-contra.

ambers take on this side of politics is a little too normie tbh. maybe she has to maintain the fiction that electoralism is possible for her sanity. we all need our balms in these trying times.

was Ross Perot a CIA psyop?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

generational politics remains a mistake and a culture war, i'm pretty sure they're trying to tamp down those aspects of it

Matt made a point in the beltway garage ep about how because of how wealth is distributed in this country, generational differences also contain quite a bit of class difference at this moment.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

i say swears online posted:

oh my god he's mayor pete in thirty years

The thought of Pete running in 2024 with a half assed Trump impression instead of a half assed Obama is putting a smile on my face.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

edit: wrong thread

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

the overuse of wacky morning DJ style sound drops really makes me hesitant to recommend it to people.

Like when they're going though how we baited Saddam into invading Kuwait and they play the tim allen grunt like 6 times.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Phone posted:

did you miss the part where brandon was like "i'd probably make the noise tim allen makes on home improvement" earlier in the ep?

It was just a bit where they'd say a thing, hit the drop, repeat like 8 times and I was thinking "this is maybe the most annoying way you could convey this information."

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Daylight is bad because a cop heroically sacrifices himself to save innocents.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

look at this idiot who doesn't want one less cop

“copaganda is cool because I think movies are real life and the cop died on screen”

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Grevling posted:

a ban on beards

A revolution without bears is not a revolution worth having.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

You'll take my gas range from my cold dead hands.

Induction is second best but it limits what kind of cookware you can use on it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Felix apperantly moved to Japan while I wasn't looking.

https://kotaku.com/student-arrested-for-allegedly-threatening-to-bomb-kona-1844230037

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Toplowtech posted:

The Orange Cheetos is in the Guild of Calamitous Intent and Obama is in the Office of Secret Intelligence.

That episode where the OSI guy gets SRS but it's Michelle

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

i think of demons posted:

nice to learn that despite the endless flow of nerd dollars they still don't use artists who have taken a single figure drawing class in their life

I'll have you know that WotC is paying top dollar to artists with such diverse backgrounds as Nazi, TERF, and Rapist!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

SpudCat posted:

One of the guests on TrueAnon a bit ago plugged his show about the Iraq War called Blowback. I've been listening and I think it's pretty good. I mean tl;dr Bush lied people died, but I've been learning things and I think it's a valuable listen both to cut through any remaining propagandation (the actual nature of Al Qaeda was a new one on me), and to refuel anger at the Resistance crowd cheerfully rehabilitating all the Bush warcriminals.

The show's apparently finished, it's just being released week-to-week for free and if you wanna binge the whole thing you gotta sign up for Stitcher premium, which ehhh I haven't done yet but might as I've quite liked the currently released episodes.

all the eps are on r/blackwolffeed if you wanna binge it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

how do you enforce non open borders without terrorizing the undocumented? anything that’s not open borders is going to lead to ICE or an equivalent agency.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Which is kind of my point. The culture war stuff is only going to get ever more prevalent with a Biden administration since it's literally the only thing they have that isn't explicitly right wing.

even the cultural media of the liberals is right wing. every liberal creams their jeans over Hamilton but if you strip away the woke poc rap musical paintjob on it the ideology of the show is completely indistinguishable from some libertarian crank.

I both do and don’t want to see a chapo ep on Hamilton now that the movie is out.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

it is interesting and a little horrifying that serious right-wingers really do believe that the left has won an almost total victory over the last few decades and that this is why everything is going to poo poo

not even talking bizarre throwbacks like peter hitchens, this is a pretty common attitude among the hard right

It's because the Liberals have pretty much dominated the culture war for the past 40 years, give or take a blip post-9/11.

Economically and politically the right has never been stronger, but they have no cultural clout and can never be considered "cool" and they're mad as hell about it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

OctoberCountry posted:

Didn't they do a long bit on Hamilton in one of the early episodes?

I vaguely remember them doing riffs on it back in like 2016 but that is the before time.

Also, the show is probably going to get another surge of popularity now that people don't need $800 to see it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

was it Leslie who said treat literally no one actually believes in free speech if you press them hard enough? because that seems like the correct take.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

papa horny michael posted:

this is how like how everyone making jokes on Twitter thinks Brooklyn 99 is about to be cancelled for being about cops

it’s not?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

there was a computer animated spin off series of starship troopers

There were also a couple DTV sequels. the 2nd one was pretty much a bog standard horror movie with an ironic twist at the end, with the cynical world weary soldier who sees through all the bullshit of the Federation and hates it gets killed and then turned into a propaganda hero for the regime. I vaguely remember seeing the 3rd one but I can't remember a single thing about it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Gio posted:

are the sequels at all conscious satire of fascism, or did they miss the point of the original and actually celebrate fascism

I'd hesitate to call the second one a satire of fascism, it largely ignores the societal context of the conflict in order to focus more on a group people trapped in a building with a body snatcher bug, but the ending does illustrate how easily people's actual existence and history is ignored in order to slot them into the state's narrative.

It's been like 10 years since I saw it though so there may be more there that I missed/don't remember.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

no one who doesn’t live on Twitter gives a gently caress about cancel culture. it’s something that only lives on the hell platform and never intrudes into actual real life.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

zegermans posted:

That's a good point, no one listens to a podcast unless they're unable to do other things

I would severely question the sanity of a person who listens to a podcast without doing anything else.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

shrike82 posted:

lol, the latest CTH with Adam McKay has him praising the Sapiens book and the Hurt Locker movie.

Chapo has really been starfucking recently and it's concerning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i thought hurt locker was ok, but i watched it a decade ago

i dont get why every guest on chapo has to be perfect leftists or expecting like, matt to start screaming about how wrong they are to their face when they arent

Matt literally just did a podcast dunking on the Hurt Locker like a week ago.