Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
If you like making fun of stupid venture capital firms and the usurious companies they fund Trashfuturepod is very good and funny. TW: There is a lot of references to British politics and talking over eachother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Xaris posted:

this is correct. I put it on with my fiance in a car ride once and never again. don’t do that and definitely do not tell anyone irl about it

then again she’s #warren lib type

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbPGIxSrJ7I

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

no clue. last thing i remember is that she was working for a nonprofit in syria and then molly crabapple (who sucks) doxxed her, putting her life at risk and getting her fired.

also there was the story where discipline was volunteering/working in palestine and an israeli lf poster came over to the west bank to do a Goonmeet with her, and he was "ironically" wearing this poo poo:

lol

There is no WTF big enough. Seriously he could have pissed someone off enough to get kidnapped and started a massacre.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvVhCCWPgaI

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Did anyone hear what the Trillbillies said about Tiger King? I was dying. Someone should clip it and put it on youtube.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

I just want to like The Fifth Element. Why does everyone have to be a pervert?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

a former C-SPAM poster has a podcast and it just dropped a good ep on what REALLY brought Bernie down:
https://twitter.com/GoodOlBoysPod/status/1248078506292101129?s=20

- Ok so Clyburn has a political machine. Bernie could never make a deal with it because it was bought and paid with pharma money and it was peanuts compared to Butt and Klob closing ranks.

- Saying that Bernie should have abandoned the rank and file members of the Culinary Union is pretty galaxy brained considering he won Nevada. Not sure why left populist politicians and union members shouldn't work together.

- Saying that Bernie 2020 was too woke reminds me of people saying that Jeremy Corbyn's platform was too woke when the only reference to any identity was TERF bullshit that Corbyn didn't put in.

- Talking snide about gay people, "ideology", and a lot of other things leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

dead gay comedy forums posted:

motherfucker calls the podcast "good old boys", even I as a foreigner know that is a hard stop there lmao

If you put Pol Pot, Nick Land, and Strom Thurmond in a teleporter you would get these guys.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There is no anti-sjw left.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

mark immune posted:

WHERES my loving VIRGIL

They have proof of life but refuse to pay the ransom.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Raccooon posted:

Did Virgil Texas have a falling out with the rest of the Chapos or something?

He died.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

9/11 happened the same time as the trigun slot and I was kinda mad that for some reason every tv chan was showing some towers going down, like yeah war whtvr where my anime

Are you Japanese? What channel did they play Trigun in the morning?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Trillbillies is turning into cum town.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Bernie's infrastructure will out last him, its called OurRevolution.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

Votes matter-> votes no longer matter

Politics is the art of the possible. It was important to get Bernie in the Whitehouse, it doesn't matter if Joe Biden gets in the Whitehouse so they act accordingly. Being rigid and non-adaptive doesn't seem like a good strategy for American politics.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

You would think it was a full moon from all of the crazies going after chapo today.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

the gwen woman continuing to post about how virgil met sam hyde as bernie loses and the world faces a global pandemic is very funny

I think a lot of people, me included, pitied her and stayed away from the dogpile.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

speaking of felix I tried to watch the most recent trainwreckstv with him, what a bunch of unpleasant people

Ok we have Felix Beiberman on he is a leftist podcaster and writer known for his interest in the Middle East and combat sports. First question, what are Jews and why are they so weird?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

T-man posted:

Maybe cis people shouldn't decide what is and isn't transphobia :thunk:

Maybe you shouldn't explain vibes to a vibes expert.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao why does adam have to be in las vegas "for a period"??

they keep alluding to something

His mother is likely dying of breast cancer.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Here's a fun fact to add to the drama: Alice's partner is part black.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

TrueAnon has really good twitch streaming and patreon numbers.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

Did Chapo ever mention Gwen? What started the beef?

She was convinced that Virgil's death sabbatical was caused by her awesome sleuthing. It was a self-induced meltdown.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

There's so much drama surrounding podcast these days. At least most of it is funny (like the "chapo-to-fash" pipeline" poo poo or Azealia Banks destroying Anna from Red Scare) unlike the poo poo where Alice Avizandium (a co-host on donoteat01's podcast) decided to start harassing another trans woman because that trans woman sublets a few of her rooms at extremely low prices to friends and therefore is actually a landlord who deserves death and to have her deadname posted around.

The ones that keep talking about how awesome sex offenders are?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Just a PSA: Don't trust techie activist types like that Carcin person. They are all Adrien Lamos in the making.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

T-man posted:

i don't know either of those names

Pretty sus that you don't know who Lamo is.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

"trap house" is a term originating in drug runners in the Atlanta area; it became associated with iconic African-American rappers, and an entire style of music

"chapo" means "shorty" in Mexican vernacular Spanish

the guys behind "chapo trap house" plainly think it's hilarious to grab some random words from other people's cultural heritage and mash it together, like juxtaposition without any other work is, in itself, funny, because those weird people who aren't us lololol

it's a bad look

Without looking I'm going to guess this guy develops facial recognition software for the Chicago police.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I really hope weevs current radio silence is his weird personal myth bottoming out into raw depression but for all I know he’s still post post posting away trying to bully his little nazi forum minions

Weev is hiding from more than a few lawsuits and criminal charges.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

long ago I found a photo of a big group of people who attended Weev's trial to support him and it was just a rogue's gallery of ostensibly lefty media people. can't remember who else was in there besides Crabapple and now I can't find the photo. I feel like Justine Tunney was in there.

That might have been pre-swastika tattoo era.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

she does african guy voice

"dey investigate how 26 Nigerian women die" Hahaha smashing! They talk different!

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

"You need to apologies because your acquaintance has bad fans" is not a political position, it is something a crazy person would say.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

Meltdown may centering mainly around Podcast Wars is going to be something to behold

I beg your forgiveness but Elon Musk is currently the frontrunner.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

at best anarchists are liberals, at worst they're 👁

What does 👁 mean?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

RHCP may be lame but they will be much more enduring than nu metal.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Percelus posted:

the flores/gomez beef is hilarious because anyone with a lick of sense would know luis is a bag of rocks that you can't talk sense to yet jake thought it was prudent try and shame him into doing a thing

idk how you reach adulthood and not recognize guys like luis for what they are and still get upset when they do what they do

I mean Flores called him an rear end in a top hat and then someone maybe even Luis hit him and got him bounced from a club. Is he just supposed to accept that on top of platforming nazis?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Percelus posted:

if he was smart he would never have started poo poo with luis in the first place

milo had already been platformed by hbo via bill maher, the idea of him going on legion of skanks somehow matters at all is fart sniffing and obviously the idiot that calls himself the puerto rican rattlesnake is cancel proof and not going to give a gently caress

flores thought it was an easy way to score woke points and like usual jake thought wrong

Not entirely sure what Jake did other than rightfully badmouth Luis and be in the same room as him. No one was trying to shame Luis they were trying to gently caress up his event as any sane person would do when Milo tries to take the stage.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Percelus posted:

he started an incident with luis in a comedy club, which is exactly why he got ejected. the club owners don't care luis or his friend slapped jake, they care luis fills out venues and brings them business. he isn't going to cancel luis he is going to make himself unwelcome in the comedy scene

a sane person would realize milo taking the stage doesn't loving matter, of all the dumb hills to die on

Luis almost ruined that venue's reputation by hosting a pariah. There were probably literally thousands of people calling him a oval office but he hit someone he knew.

Percelus posted:

was i the only person that remembers the oughts and jon stewart? the guy spent his career making GBS threads on terrible media figures and famously calling out tucker live

drat he really sunk that tucker guy's career, this stuff really matters and isn't absolute self-aggrandizing

Boris Johnson and Jair Bolsonaro were once just funny guests on a talk show too. Now they are running the SARS Hunger Games. Funny how that works.

Dmitri-9 has issued a correction as of 03:41 on May 6, 2020

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Percelus posted:

were you there because i don't believe any of this and i want receipts

You have things a little mixed up. Luis wanted to do a Milo Yabbadabbadoopolis night at a live taped event. The entire NY comedy and improv community exploded and threatened to boycott that venue because of nazi. Jake said someone should throw a milkshake at Milo. The event was canceled. Later on another night Luis walks up to Jake hits him and spits in his face, Luis' friend tells Jake to go away. Like I said I'm not sure why Jake should tolerate any of that bullshit.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Flores did nothing wrong. Whining about "woke points" is chud talk and intellectually bankrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Sweet berry wine