Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Raserys posted:

fire emblem warriors 2 is going to kick rear end

Now with even less 2-10 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Geostomp posted:

I kind of agree. Awakening and especially Fates suffer when the writers have to contrive scenarios where every possible combination of characters can spontaneously fall in love after four conversations without ever impacting the plot. Since they aren’t making the Fates mistake of trying to shove kids into a narrative that doesn’t have room for them, why bother letting the player play dating simulator with everyone?

People love shipping.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Geostomp posted:

True, but it’s removes potential for the narrative to build relationships when they have to keep things blank enough to allow for the player to slap whatever couple they want together. Would you rather have a few romances that develop over time and flesh out both characters and effect the plot, or the old standard of “three conversations followed by spontaneous declaration of love”?

What I want is irrelevant (now and forever). People want shipping so they'll get shipping then start shipping things not supported in-game anyway.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Annath posted:

How could you do that to Harken?! :saddowns:

Easily.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I just don’t know what a player avatar adds to FE. Let alone a silent one.

I hate to say shipping yet again.

But shipping.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
But I would get confused and pay respects instead.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When did the CIA become the fourth house?

After the timeskip.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Tae posted:

loving hell. Hey, in February on edelguard's route if you don't want to waste your exploration accidentally

Don't talk to Edelgard as your first action. It uses up your whole day

That was like the biggest dick move in the game so far.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Iymarra posted:

So I have a letter from edelgard I cannot use or gift anyone which is in my gift lists, and a tactics primer which is the same

Can I use/do anything with these or are they just there for taking up space and/or lore-fluff things?

The letter is a gift to YOU.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Caspar is pretty useless, isn't he?

Caspar is a monster who I have to keep from clearing half the map by himself.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Coucho Marx posted:

Lost items are found where that character was standing last month, and Seteth doesn't move much lol

What? That's neat.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I got married yayyyyy.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

everybody got super hot over the timeskip wow

Timeskip world is a very scary place. And a very hot place.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

McTimmy posted:

Timeskip world is a very scary place. And a very hot place.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses: I Want to Marry Everyone

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Pastrymancy posted:

How do paired character endings work for ones that don't involve Byleth? Is it the first pair a character gets in that reaches A support?

Whoever's the top support in their character panel.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

lmao shamir voted for fukken hubert in the white heron cup

no matter since dorothea ran away with it anyway

e: also, a support saying "it will take some time to deepen this bond" is code for "wait til the timeskip" right

Not precisely, some support ranks are pre-timeskip they just need certain months. Most are post-timeskip though.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I ran El as a Mage into Mortal Savant and had no complaints. Being able to smash res at will is incredibly powerful for anyone.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
You also avoid having to fight them in part 2.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I think the most deployment spaces I ever had was 12. But I only had 10 units.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Bogart posted:

I think when you talk to the Gatekeeper, you can set who's most likely to see you at the tower.

January spoilers: Bernie left her room to place flowers on the grave. :shobon:

Bernie is a good girl and I will be very cross with anyone who thinks otherwise.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Harrow posted:

Are heavy armor units worth it this time around? I made Raphael an Armor Knight instead of a Brawler and I'm wondering if I should reclass him. He's just so slow

I ended up intentionally limiting myself on poaching students because after I got three I realized I could get a bunch more pretty easily. I'd rather save something for the other routes. It really depends a lot on how much you explore and how much you try to raise supports with students in other houses, too.

Well, Great Knight is worth it at least.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Anyone tried mage Edie?

I used her to great effect. She won't touch the heights of a pure mage but the hybrid nature gives her incredible offensive flexibility.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

Fortress Knights are so good because you get weight -5 as a class ability and combined with weight -3 suddenly there’s no speed penalty

Weight -3 is what helped keep my Ferdinand so drat good.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm wondering if the season pass is going to be worth the fairly high cost, an initial glance shows that its mainly fluff DLC, cosmetics and the like with some nebulous story content next year, just when in the game this will be set is also going to be interesting.

If there's a rather... important thread hanging thread resolved in the story DLC it'd probably be worth it to me.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Harrow posted:

I think you can steal the Dark Seal, too.

You can.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Andrast posted:

Are these Rare Monster battles just filler?

Pretty much though they're usually higher level so they can be good for EXP.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Leal posted:

Yeah I'm not too hype in having a dancer. Sure they can make another character go twice in one turn, ideally to double their killing potential. But why do that when I can just.. have the person who is a dancer also kill?

Look El wasn't going to get support points with Byleth with her and him killing everything in one round.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Odd Mutant posted:

what house should I pick?

Whichever looks least interesting so you can work your way up.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I have a timeskip question, black eagle route

First map had Leonie fighting me. She ran up and killed herself on one of my guys and it did a big dramatic "you lost a playable character" death moments. I was trying to recruit her before the timeskip but she kept saying "nah".

Could I uh, not killed her and still got her on my team?

You can avoid killing anyone in the Alliance just by rushing the boss. And once you're done with the arc, there is dialog about letting the Deer students join but no one showed up for me (probably because I didn't bother with recruitment at all). The sad death music will always play for any student who falls though, even those it's impossible to get on your side entirely.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hubert is the most evil and the way his Byleth support develops is phenomenal.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Okay, I have no idea how to give Hubert the drat flowers he wants for this quest of his. Clearly it's not normal gift-type flowers no matter what the quest implies. But there are no items I can find lying around the monastery that look like related quest items, either. What heck?

There's an item point in front of the greenhouse that gives you the correct flower.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I've been all over the greenhouse, inside and out, and there's no golden glow on the minimap like there usually are for quest items...

Did you pick it up already on accident? It's a carnation if I remember correctly.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

mancalamania posted:

What does your class actually *do* besides the abilities you get as you master it?

Adds/subtracts to stat gain % chance, change movement range, allows/disallows magic, has innate abilities.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Nyarlabaoth posted:

How feasible it is to reach flying S+ for the immunity skill? The way skill levels scale it seems pretty dire. I wanted to make Byleth a wyvern lord but maybe I should stick to characters that have a flying strength.

I had Lindhardt focused on Faith exclusively almost the entire game and he only hit S+ like three maps before the end. Flying should be slightly easier since you'd have the group chore but S+s are not the expected standard.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Harrow posted:

Completely intentional. Relics require a compatible crest to use or they drain your HP. For Thyrsus, that means it belongs to either Lorenz or Lysithea.

Just having any Crest should let you use it without damage. Though I never got to test that out myself.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Clarste posted:

Linhardt is good. He married Lysithea and cured cancer.

I wish. :smith:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Jeralt and Byleth have such a weird relationship with each other I kind of buy it.

Really could have thrown in a "my kid" once or twice though.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Wendell posted:

When they patch it in the game’s name on the title screen will suddenly change to Suikoden 6.

If only...

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Taear posted:

Anna has a lost item near it for her terrible secret shop.

It feels like the third floor of the monastery is also never used but that might just be if you're Black Eagles

Also man it definitely feels like there's a lot of plot threads that don't exactly get dropped but are strange.
As black eagles there's two generals - Randolph and Ladislava. They're with you for a bit and you see them in some battles as enemies on other paths.
Why do they exist? I genuinely don't get it

To give bosses that aren't students because students can be poached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

Why is there no music from this game on YouTube? Listening to music from the game I'm currently playing via YouTube while I sit at work has been a mainstay in my life for ten+ years. This is killing me.

Nintendo is really on the ball with taking it down. My history is packed to the brim with removed songs.